Left 4 Dead 2 (360) $55 with $10 Video Games Credit at Amazon

I wasn't impressed with the first game. Not much to it and the graphics are pretty shabby. Nothing I've seen from previews of the next one lead me to believe this will be worth the money. The original L4D looked and felt like it should have been released as a 15-20 dollar downloadable game on XBL.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I wasn't impressed with the first game. Not much to it and the graphics are pretty shabby. Nothing I've seen from previews of the next one lead me to believe this will be worth the money. The original L4D looked and felt like it should have been released as a 15-20 dollar downloadable game on XBL.[/QUOTE]

If you have friends to play with the first game is worth every penny. I play it two or three times a week, every week.

[quote name='King Royalty']thats what im saying why would you be stupid enough to pay $50-60 for this game when a week later it will be $35 at BB and $39 at kmart on black friday.[/QUOTE]

Well Technically it's only $45 dollars they're paying for it (and some people have other discounts making it lower, but let's assume that only a few of them have said discounts). Now everyone's opinion differs, but some think it's worth the 10 extra bucks (BB has it for 34.99 + tax so about 37...make that 8 bucks) to get the game a week earlier and not have to deal with the "waking up early and waiting in the cold lines" in order to have a CHANCE of getting the game for 8 bucks lower..

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Well Technically it's only $45 dollars they're paying for it (and some people have other discounts making it lower, but let's assume that only a few of them have said discounts). Now everyone's opinion differs, but some think it's worth the 10 extra bucks (BB has it for 34.99 + tax so about 37...make that 8 bucks) to get the game a week earlier and not have to deal with the "waking up early and waiting in the cold lines" in order to have a CHANCE of getting the game for 8 bucks lower..[/QUOTE]

true, but i wish i could wait in the cold, here in florida its always hot. :(

I'd MUCH rather spend an extra $8 than get up at 3:00AM and wait in a line with crazy people for a Best Buy door buster. However, I have a feeling Amazon will make this $39.99 (if not lower) on Black Friday.

[quote name='willardhaven']I was thinking of getting the first one on 360 now that it includes the downloads. Is it significantly worse than the second?[/QUOTE]
if you have a decent PC i would say get it for that. there are mods for it and more coming out which will give you extra campaigns to play.

[quote name='godofgrunge']I'd MUCH rather spend an extra $8 than get up at 3:00AM and wait in a line with crazy people for a Best Buy door buster. However, I have a feeling Amazon will make this $39.99 (if not lower) on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

This. I would rather hit myself in the groin with a sledge hammer than deal with the crowds here.

[quote name='King Royalty']thats what im saying why would you be stupid enough to pay $50-60 for this game when a week later it will be $35 at BB and $39 at kmart on black friday.[/QUOTE]

I have Thanksgiving week off from college. I'd much rather pay a little more and have my Amazon copy I ordered a while ago when ECA was still around waiting for me at home so I can play it the whole week than having to wait until Friday to maybe get it if I beat the crazy crowds.

Anything other than wal-mart or target is atleast 30 minutes away for me, that's a lot of gas and driving to try for some BF deals I might not even get.

Going to look into the game to see if I really want it, didn't realize it offered splitscreen till recently. Damn I wish I had it in my large eca orders. Still, I have 10$-dragon age 20$-MW2 and 40$-spend 80 get 40 as credits left on amazon, so the next game I buy from amazon is free anyway(and with 10$ coming back...)

pre-ordered a couple of days ago with RDD. hopefully amazon won't disappoint me this time. [ preordered COD:MW2 with RDD and didn't come on tuesday, which was a free day for me. ]

What are the chances of a person getting this on Amazon on BF? It's (like I heard from another member somewhere on here) gonna go faster than lightning.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']What are the chances of a person getting this on Amazon on BF? It's (like I heard from another member somewhere on here) gonna go faster than lightning.[/QUOTE]Make sure you're up at 12AM PT on Black Friday and you should be able to nail down any of the deals without any issue.

What time would you guys say the site crashing happened last year?
That's the only thing that worries me.

I want to make sure I get in on Left 4 Dead 2 for $40 at most on Black Friday.
Only reason why I'm debating camping for the first time for it and for $35 Forza 3.

I pre-ordered it using the $20 COD MW 2 pre-order credit Amazon offered. For $37 and change shipped I will not have to fight the online/offline black friday zombie hoard and I will get the game a week earlier as well.

[quote name='jedik']What time would you guys say the site crashing happened last year?
That's the only thing that worries me.

I want to make sure I get in on Left 4 Dead 2 for $40 at most on Black Friday.
Only reason why I'm debating camping for the first time for it and for $35 Forza 3.[/QUOTE]where is Forza 3 $35?

Just checked my email and it says my l4d 2 is out for delivery :). Then I turn on my 360 to play mw2 and E74 error :whistle2:(.

[quote name='staindklown']Just checked my email and it says my l4d 2 is out for delivery :). Then I turn on my 360 to play mw2 and E74 error :whistle2:(.[/QUOTE]
Oh, talk about bad luck. I'd phone up MSFT since it's usually a 2-week turn around on 360 repairs.

[quote name='staindklown']Just checked my email and it says my l4d 2 is out for delivery :). Then I turn on my 360 to play mw2 and E74 error :whistle2:(.[/QUOTE]

Man, that just plain sucks. :cry:

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']Oh, talk about bad luck. I'd phone up MSFT since it's usually a 2-week turn around on 360 repairs.[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with them so I'm all set. I guess I have more time to play new super mario bros. wii when I get it tomorrow.

Hm, got my credit for ACII but not this yet, both shipped together. The page isn't showing it anymore, but I added it to my order like two days ago when I know it did. Hopefully I don't have to e-mail them.

Received my $10 for L4D2 and $10 for AC2 today.

Question, they now say the promo cash expires on 1/31/10 and the game must be purchased and ship by 1/31/10.

But, I threw Lost Planet 2 (scheduled release by Amazon 2/2) in cart, since they finally put up the 360 version for pre-order and it is deducting the $40 total ($20 for COD:MW2).

Will the discount disappear on 1/31 or will I be ok if I get the order in. From experience with Amazon I think I am ok, but I wondered if anyone has encountered this before.

Thanks

I got my copy of L4D2 direct from EA. My damn copy has a stupid 48 hour xbox live trail logo on the cover. It's ugly as hell and it's not on the copies at the store. Do the amazon copies have the logo on the cover as well?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I got my copy of L4D2 direct from EA. My damn copy has a stupid 48 hour xbox live trail logo on the cover. It's ugly as hell and it's not on the copies at the store. Do the amazon copies have the logo on the cover as well?[/QUOTE]

Wondering the exact same thing. Those of you that got a copy from Amazon, is there an ugly ass 48-hour trial logo in the lower left corner?

[quote name='Wizzleteets']Wondering the exact same thing. Those of you that got a copy from Amazon, is there an ugly ass 48-hour trial logo in the lower left corner?[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's on there.

[quote name='deejay726']i was going to get it but its 34.99 at best buy on black friday[/QUOTE]

Yep, and I bet Amazon will match that price on BF. I'll hold off and see, because I don't see this game being worth more than 35 bones.

My RDD copy is still in shipping soon and has been only for a small portion of today. I am not pleased with my Prime membership.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Yep, and I bet Amazon will match that price on BF. I'll hold off and see, because I don't see this game being worth more than 35 bones.[/QUOTE]

i hope so i have 60 bucks in credit from amazon

got my game and credit today.

the game is ridiculously laggy. was playing with one of my buddies that lives in the same city and we both had 1 bar and made the game annoyingly harder.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I wonder why the online stores have the logo and the b&m stores don't...[/QUOTE]

Well, from what I can tell, Best Buy and Target have it. Gamestop doesn't. I wonder if the UPCs are the same. The UPC for the 48-Hour XBOX Live Trial is 014633098778.

It would be much appreciated if someone could post their non 48-Hour XBOX Live Trial cover UPC.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']My RDD copy is still in shipping soon and has been only for a small portion of today. I am not pleased with my Prime membership.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my RDD is nowhere near being delivered today.

waiting for pricedrop, played the demo and thought the first one was better... but regardless, i dumped the first one after 50 hrs play time, only so much mindless, storyless, first person zombie killing i can do before that shit gets boring. yeah i said it.

I can't believe Valve/Microsoft printed the "Free 48 hour XBL Trial" on the actual cover of this game... not only is the 48 hour trial code worthless to me because I'm a paying subscriber already... but it's not even a sticker on the plastic that just comes off when you open the game... I have to be haunted by it forever! :\

bread's done
Back