Left 4 Dead 2 54.99 (360) after gamestop reserve.

moztacular

CAG Veteran
Hey I'm sure people have already noticed this, but gamestop currently has L4D2 at 54.99 (xbox) and 44.99 (pc) if you reserve it now, plus there is a 25% extra trade in value when trading games towards L4D2.

This is totally YMMV, but last night I sold back 6 games towards the reserve of L4D2 and was given the 25% extra trade in value PLUS an extra 40% for trading in 6 titles, PLUS 10% for Edge. All told my six games got me $88 credit, which easily paid off the $55 price of L4D2.

I know there are likely better deals coming down the pipe line for this game through amazon or something but I couldn't resist and I think I made out quite well considering I traded in mostly garbage.

Best Buy is giving $10 off with pre-order, plus you don't have to go to a gamestop store and risk stinking up some perfectly good clothes/needing a shower afterwards!

fuck, the gamestops by me all smell like pukey dumpster milk.

Haha thats a shame about the stench, unfortunately the nearest best buy for me is about 2 hours drive (I'm in the Shenandoah Valley, VA)

The last time I was in one I was told tales of how New Super Mario Bros Wii will be "impossible to find" unless I pre-order it. :lol:

[quote name='redshadow']6 games for 1 isn't what i'd call a "Deal."[/QUOTE]

Depends what they were - a 65% bonus could make some pretty shitty titles worth a lot.

Yeah I traded in games like the original FEAR and GRAW 2, and I got credit to pay for more than one game ($88>$55 price of the game)

Same Deal @ Game Crazy, although I am under the impression that with Gamestop you get an in-game baseball bat as well.

[quote name='moztacular']Yeah I traded in games like the original FEAR and GRAW 2, and I got credit to pay for more than one game ($88>$55 price of the game)[/QUOTE]

This should be under deals discussion, since you didn't post a deal, but rather that you got "lucky" in getting the 25% stacked with the extra 40% (which as far as I know, the computer doesn't allow except if you're stacking with Edge).

Just did the math- your base trades would have been $50.28 ($88 after extra 75%), so each game had an average base value of $8.38 each. What games did you trade in and what was their base value?

[quote name='hallowicious']This should be under deals discussion, since you didn't post a deal, but rather that you got "lucky" in getting the 25% stacked with the extra 40% (which as far as I know, the computer doesn't allow except if you're stacking with Edge).

Just did the math- your base trades would have been $50.28 ($88 after extra 75%), so each game had an average base value of $8.38 each. What games did you trade in and what was their base value?[/QUOTE]

The game is $5 off MSRP, so that's a deal.

[quote name='jer7583']The last time I was in one I was told tales of how New Super Mario Bros Wii will be "impossible to find" unless I pre-order it. :lol:

Depends what they were - a 65% bonus could make some pretty shitty titles worth a lot.[/QUOTE]

I traded 4 old games for MW2 and Assasin's Creed 2. 4 Games worth less then $10 but I cheated the system I did 2 seperate trades 1 I got a bonus 25% on and the other trade I got a bonus $20. So I ended up with enough for both games plus like $30 left. Good day for me.

I just bought friends pack on steam. Shared 3 (pending 1) through CAG. Split my copy's cost between bro and I that share steam ($20 for him). My total cost = $14. Take that Gamestop!

P.S. I just don't like their NEWsed games thats all

I would rather pay the extra $5.00 then to pay Gamestop. Just kidding, I have to save every penny I can and if that means going to Gamestop I will...but I won't like it!

Again - Best buy is giving $10 off for pre-orders. Unless you're using credit, go there.

bread's done
Back