Left 4 Dead 2 (PC) $19.99 at Amazon

[quote name='CaptainCaputo']I just bought mine two days ago will they price match?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Just contact customer service and they'll refund the difference.

... or not. YMMV on Amazon refunds on price-matching. If at first you don't succeed, try again.

[quote name='Tsukento']Yes. Just contact customer service and they'll refund the difference.[/QUOTE]

They don't.

And if they do, you are lucky.

I once had an item drop $15 two hours after it shipped to me around Christmas. They shipped it that morning, in the early afternoon it went down in price.

Amazon told me too bad. I wrote again, explaining to them nicely that I have been a valued customer for years now, and surely they will give me back the difference since it had been two hours (on top of it all, it was in an order totaling about $200, so it wasn't just a single item purchase).

I got another reply telling me the difference was not possible, I could return the item if I was unhappy, and to consider the matter closed. I couldn't simply return and rebuy since, ironically as it sounds, it was the last day I could order something with 2 day and still get it by Christmas, and to reorder it means I wouldn't have gotten it on time.

So yea, YMMV. Trying again is also YMMV, which I had heard worked.

[quote name='animalspinners']They don't.

And if they do, you are lucky.

I once had an item drop $15 two hours after it shipped to me around Christmas. They shipped it that morning, in the early afternoon it went down in price.

Amazon told me too bad. I wrote again, explaining to them nicely that I have been a valued customer for years now, and surely they will give me back the difference since it had been two hours (on top of it all, it was in an order totaling about $200, so it wasn't just a single item purchase).

I got another reply telling me the difference was not possible, I could return the item if I was unhappy, and to consider the matter closed. I couldn't simply return and rebuy since, ironically as it sounds, it was the last day I could order something with 2 day and still get it by Christmas, and to reorder it means I wouldn't have gotten it on time.

So yea, YMMV. Trying again is also YMMV, which I had heard worked.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you'd think they should treat you differently. As a loyal customer you were surely aware of the change in that policy quite some time ago.

I knew I shouldn'tve bit on the weekend deal. Granted I got it for 18.xx but if this is the new norm I could've held out longer. Also a box is always nice.

Wow has this game's price fallen fast! I've barely played my copy that I bought around Christmas for $29.99, and yet here is it at $19.99. I guess that's the biggest fault with being a CAG. You have such a constant backlog that once you get around to playing a game, you've paid 25% to 50% more than you could have had you waited. ;)

[quote name='Tsukento']Yes. Just contact customer service and they'll refund the difference.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up about contacting them, they sent me an email saying they don't normally do this but they're going to make an exception and gave me my refund.

[quote name='qwerty1']Not sure why you'd think they should treat you differently. As a loyal customer you were surely aware of the change in that policy quite some time ago.[/QUOTE]

And as you can see, for some people Amazon makes exceptions and gives the difference back, which is why it's YMMV. It all depends on the CS rep you get.

[quote name='zillionandnine']It's showing up as $26.45 for me...[/QUOTE]

are they pulling a newegg? starts at 19.99 and goes up as interest increases

bread's done
Back