Left 4 Dead £32.99

Some games just won't come down in price. I'd hardly call this a bargain, but thanks for sharing. When will Call of Duty World at War ever come down in price?

Games that are gonna sell no matter the price aren't gonna come down in price so quickly. Just look at COD4.

usually, Multiplayer killing apps like Halos, GoWs and CoDs tend to be resilient to price cuts. Just because there's always someone interested in buying... L4D is one of these and still pretty hot, so no surprise it's not being bin-bargained right now...

[quote name='Astronaut']Games that are gonna sell no matter the price aren't gonna come down in price so quickly. Just look at COD4.[/quote]

So true, that's why I'm considering this good enough. But due to having already bought SO MANY games this month I'll have to think twice before ordering.

Edit: Was going to pay with paypal and suddenly it's out of stock >.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its more that other recent releases are going down in price so fast that it gives the impression that L4D (and deadspace) arn't dropping.

I read in the papers that its caused by the retailers getting jittery and desperatly trying to convert stock to cash.

L4D was cheaper during the pre-order phase. :/
I think that the retailers are just forgetting, so the normal titles that would and would not drop in price have swapped places.

infact i ask myself how much "profit" could be left when you sell a brand new game like Mirror's Edge for just 15 quids... how much do they pay for it at wholesale level???

as far as we go, we cheapassgamers are driving down those balance sheets for good :p

If there is any profit on selling an £49.99 RRP game for £15 then the prices are absurd. But bargain after bargain people stop spending games on full priced games (at least it happened with me this Fall/Winter). And then you see games like Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, etc. are the only selling pretty good regardless of the price.

I understand this as "better sell for some than to not sell at all", as I don't see any other point really. Christmas season is a very bad time to not sell at all, better give the bargains now than later.

Edit: You can't base the prices on the cost of the disk, case and cover. There are production costs also. At £15 they're barely covering the printing costs, distribution and store costs. Unless they're making deals with distributors and the loss comes from Stores/Distributors.
All this based on my little knowledge of how the whole process of selling a game works.

bread's done
Back