Left 4 Dead - Early Demo Open Now, Retail game out on Nov. 18th

Anybody want to get a group to play together Tomorrow afternoon/evening? I am picking my copy up at gamestop, so I can't play until like 3PM CST or so, but I would love to get a CAG group together.

I gotta wait for Amazon to deliver it but I'll be out of town for the first few days anyway. Looking forward to it but I'm still a little concerned at the size of the game. Since there were 2 maps in the co-op demo and supposedly 20 in the full version, I've already played 10% of the game... (not counting the versus zombie play obviously) But I suppose that since I play basically a handful of maps on Counter-Strike and TF2 that 20 maps is actually quite a few...

One last question that I wanted to confirm... PC and Xbox users are unable to play each other and the 2 platforms multiplayer servers are mutually exclusive correct?

[quote name='space_monkey']One last question that I wanted to confirm... PC and Xbox users are unable to play each other and the 2 platforms multiplayer servers are mutually exclusive correct?[/quote]

Correct.

I don't know whats up with the demo "locking", can't get it to load any more. Kind of odd for a demo, though I haven't used steam very much so maybe that is normal?

Regardless I'm 95% sure I'm getting this too, just wanted one more night to see if I was really into it. Don't have many PC games, but I've been looking forward to this for a while.

Damn versus mode is fun. Pouncing on stragglers and mauling them to death never gets old. Well, at least not in the 2 hours I've played it.

Blazed through the first campaign a few times last night, once with SoSTrooper, good times.

I tried it on my own once I knew what to do on advanced and it takes about 45 minutes to beat the campaign.

Where do you go to accept game invites in steam? When I log in, I'm notified that someone wants to be my friend, but I can't seem to be able to add them.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Where do you go to accept game invites in steam? When I log in, I'm notified that someone wants to be my friend, but I can't seem to be able to add them.[/quote]

Go to the community section and then click on the overview tab.

I'm infected by this game, really grows on you.

Only bad thing is when you've been playing with a good group, then go to play another game with strangers it can be a real let down!

Or when you've been playing with AI and then hero101 joins your game!

The multiplayer is excellent. They did a great job of making you want to play as the zombies. Requires team coordination just like the survivors and you have the added bonus of being able to see where the survivors are at all times meaning that you lose that sense of having to watch out from all sides and can focus purely on concentrating to take out those survivors!

You can also pull bs like using a boom to start a horde then pounce/tongue drag 3 of the survivors so they can't do shit.

On the flip side, it kinda sucks being the survivors, though it certainly makes it more challenging.

If you could play the Witch, I doubt you'd stay in your corner drowning in your own sobbing like the AI does.

Though they could probably put in some mechanic where, the longer you stay still crying your heart out, the more damage you'll do when you leap. But who wants to spend a level crying? :p

Also, spawning a Witch in a narrow corridor in Versus = lame.

bread's done
Back