Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='freshzen']Damn 560 points doesn't seem worth it for just 2 chapters. I'll get it cause I'm an achievement whore but I won't be happy about it. Hopefully I can get a cheap copy of Left 4 Dead before it comes out since I already got rid of the one I was using.[/QUOTE]

sorry but no new achievements

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2708/

dosnt say 2 chapters, i forget where i saw that. but this article does say

"While containing both Survival maps and a Co-operative Campaign, the primary goal of "Crash" is to deliver a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, resulting in a streamlined version of the game's existing Versus campaigns"

Maybe they'll offer a 1st week discount of 33% a la Tiger Woods 10 charging only 400 points instead of 600 for a course they...had...last...game...

[quote name='strongpimphand']Maybe they'll offer a 1st week discount of 33% a la Tiger Woods 10 charging only 400 points instead of 600 for a course they...had...last...game...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='draven1089']sorry but no new achievements[/QUOTE]

Actually that is good news for me, I can just ignore it all together. Who takes L4D versus seriously anyway? =P

im going back on my balls here. at first i was like hellll noooo im not paying for the new dlc but ive been playing online again vs, survival and campaigns.....im actually tempted to play this dlc when it drops now. survival mode is addicting

Is the replay value high on this game? It looks good I just don't want to buy it and play once and forget about it. And is it a long or short campaign?

im down for a crown to. after watching that GTTV episode i realize how bad i want the DLC and L4D2 ......and i still need to play half life 2, i have it just never played it.

[quote name='Screwhead281']Is the replay value high on this game? It looks good I just don't want to buy it and play once and forget about it. And is it a long or short campaign?[/QUOTE]
It is all about replay. If you're thinking that you'll just go through each campaign once and then be done, you'll get less than 4 hours out of the game.

I'm surprised we don't know more about the Crash Course DLC given that it's supposed to come out this month. I'd still like to know if the game is getting new Achievements or not.

ask and you shall receieve

Left 4 Dead fans have a lot to look forward to with the upcoming expansion pack, "Crash Course." Unfortunately, though, different platform versions are going to carry different prices: the download will be free for PC players, but it will cost Xbox 360 gamers 560 MS Points. While that might seem unfair, Valve has revealed that the Xbox Live price was something forced on them.
In an interview with Eurogamer, Valve writer Chet Faliszek explained that the developer would prefer to make expansions and add-on content free for its customers. This is why the PC version of Crash Course won't cost gamers a thing; Microsoft, on the other hand, wouldn't let this happen.
According to Faliszek, "[Microsoft] helped us get the first one out for free. We had the one DLC out for free. And I think... they have to look and say, wow, we're kind of being unfair to everybody else if these guys can do that. It's not like [Valve is] looking at this as, 'Oh my god, we need some money, we're going to charge,' obviously, or we'd do it on the PC. So it's just kind of the way the system works right now."

I'm happy about the new stuff for L4D. I'm finally getting around to owning a copy after a couple rentals and having some new stuff will ensure a decent number of players online.

If Crash Course isn't out Tuesday or during the usual Wednesday XBL updates, then it will probably be another week or more until it's released.

Well, since there's that Game With Fame thing featuring Paramore on the 23rd, it must be very soon. Right?

I'm still curious whether this is going to add new achievements or not too.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Well, since there's that Game With Fame thing featuring Paramore on the 23rd, it must be very soon. Right?

I'm still curious whether this is going to add new achievements or not too.[/QUOTE]

They've said that there will be no new achievements for crash course.

[quote name='KiLL3r']They've said that there will be no new achievements for crash course.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but do you have a link to where this info comes from Valve? A couple people have said it in the thread but I haven't seen any place where this is confirmed by Valve. Don't mean to call you out but I'd just like to see it from the horse's mouth. Thanks.

There is an update/patch for left 4 dead today that, so far, I've seen an updated HUD and improved (see: different) spawns.

Also if you look at the achievements on your main menu screen, they are all marked as locked. I have 47 of 50 of them, but at the top it reads 60 achievements.

So I believe it's safe to assume there will be 10 new achivements with the Crash Course update. What they are, we will not know until it is released tomorrow (Wednesday!)

[quote name='HydroX']There is an update/patch for left 4 dead today that, so far, I've seen an updated HUD and improved (see: different) spawns.

Also if you look at the achievements on your main menu screen, they are all marked as locked. I have 47 of 50 of them, but at the top it reads 60 achievements.

So I believe it's safe to assume there will be 10 new achivements with the Crash Course update. What they are, we will not know until it is released tomorrow (Wednesday!)[/QUOTE]

I see nothing about this, if there were 10 more achivements it'd be showing on xbox live as well. Not just an updated console

[quote name='HydroX']There is an update/patch for left 4 dead today that, so far, I've seen an updated HUD and improved (see: different) spawns.

So I believe it's safe to assume there will be 10 new achivements with the Crash Course update. What they are, we will not know until it is released tomorrow (Wednesday!)[/QUOTE]

The patch is all the updates that came in the original PC patch such as the Tank being able to hit more than one person, numerous amounts of glitches and the twp things you stated above. I would assume it got rid of the power-shot glitch as well.

I kept telling people in this thread that new achievements were coming but no one would listen.

Edit: Draven the title update has been confirmed in the Valve Left 4 Dead forums, I don't see how you would even doubt this regardless if it has been updated on marketplace or not.

glitches that have been fixed:
Powershot
ghost slap
joining as spectator in a full game

updates
Infected hud has been updated new white (vomit) decal behind temates health
bar
as infected can now see your teamates recharge attacks
item spawns are now identical in versus mode only

this list is being updated as i go through

current problem with new update is servers bad lagg connection been in 10 games all red bar connection

infected cant climb up some climb points that used to be avalible for example roof of dead air chapeter 1 second roof.

I'm on the 360 and the ingame achievement browser (the one in the menu, not the myriad of other ways to view achievements) does say 60 achievements.

The 'achieved' flag seems to have been reset for all of them even though the progression for the ones that need a certain amount of kills is still there. So for example I have all the kills needed for zombie genocide, yet the achievement still appears to be locked in the ingame achievement browser, but not in my normal achievement display.
The confusion is that at the top it says 60
but the bottom says 50
Here are the pics:
23wphlx.jpg

2ujgtuw.jpg

So this pretty much confirms that we will be getting new achievements which I have been saying all along.

looking to finally get into this game. i haven't played through it yet even once, but if anyone wants a 4th person for campaign run-through send me an XBL message.

looking for all the achievements!

I'm down for this weekend (after work 11:30 - 12 PM-ish Eastern Standard) and later tonight. Just send me an invite when you guys are ready to squad up. With L4D2 so close to release we all could probably use some practice, haha.

Ah... my bad. Just send me another FR if you don't mind. My list fills up often so sometimes I end up cutting people if I can't recall where I met them from or they don't respond to my ritual forewarning message.

As a matter of fact I now notice I'm 7 friends away from a full list so it's time to start cutting again. LOL... ugh.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Sorry, but do you have a link to where this info comes from Valve? A couple people have said it in the thread but I haven't seen any place where this is confirmed by Valve. Don't mean to call you out but I'd just like to see it from the horse's mouth. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I saw/heard it from L4D2 episode of Gametrailers TV. But now that they've added those achievement I will Download it when it arrive in the market place.

DLC over here! Valve has announced that, next Tuesday, fans of Left 4 Dead will get a new campaign to play. "Crash Course" will take place between the events of "No Mercy" and "Death Toll," providing a series of survival maps and a streamlined version of Versus mode on top of the new co-op campaign action. The DLC will be free for PC on September 29 ... and 560
microsoftpointslogosmall.gif
($7) for the Xbox 360 version. Did you hear: a true sequel will be out just 7 weeks later?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/23/left-4-deads-crash-course-landing-september-29/

bread's done
Back