Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='depascal22']Normal difficulty.[/quote]

There's your problem right there. The game starts to get interesting on advanced but the real game is on extreme. You'll be assaulted by an unending horde of zombies and feel a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when a witch or a tank is nearby.

[quote name='cochesecochese']There's your problem right there. The game starts to get interesting on advanced but the real game is on extreme. You'll be assaulted by an unending horde of zombies and feel a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when a witch or a tank is nearby.[/quote]

Well, I'm down to try it out with a couple other CAGs if you wanna shoot me a friend request.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Sent.

edit: Word, I am on. I am going to eat a quick bite (2 mins) and then we can play.[/quote]

I gotta play later since my daughter is home. I don't really like playing ultra violent games until she goes to bed.

Yeah, I actually just turned off my box because of dp22's message. What is a good time tonight for everybody? I am good anytime until about 3 am and then I hit the sack.

Well provided Live doesn't keep disconnecting me after every five minutes (#*&$(*) I'm good anytime between now and midnight eastern standard.

This is interesting. I pre-ordered the game from EB (online) several months ago, with next day air shipping. Everyone is saying the actual street date is Tuesday...yet they shipped it today for confirmed delivery on MONDAY. This rocks....but can't EB get in major trouble for this? Anyone else getting it Monday?

[quote name='cochesecochese']Yeah, I actually just turned off my box because of dp22's message. What is a good time tonight for everybody? I am good anytime until about 3 am and then I hit the sack.[/quote]

I'll add some of you guys to my list as well. I'd like to play with some CAGs. I'll probably be on 10:30 - ? EST tonight. I have to wait for my daughter AND wife to go to bed.

Ugh. I'm going to have to take a rain check at least for tonight or until Microsoft fixes (I certainly hope not when puttng their track record into consideration who knows how long it'll take ;\) their connectivity problems which is ridiculous considering how smooth it was running last night. I was looking forward to playing with some of you guys.

Hopefully we can all come together soon or for the real game's campaign and versus matches.

anyone start a zombie killing team yet? Looking to go threw the game on extreme when it comes out.

Also does this game deserve a CAG L4D ?

I don't have it up right now--(he's watchin TV :wall:) but how do you do a local match? Last time we had it up I couldn't find it :(

I think Local & Live is there. I'll have to check but I swear I read somewhere you can mix and match.

EDIT: Read on another forum some post with a guy saying him and a friend played with 2 people online, so apparently it works.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I think Local & Live is there. I'll have to check but I swear I read somewhere you can mix and match.

EDIT: Read on another forum some post with a guy saying him and a friend played with 2 people online, so apparently it works.[/quote]

I, too, can confirm Local/Live blend works.

Downloaded the demo last night. Is there a separate for multiplayer? The multiplayer option in mine is grayed out. Also, are the graphics really blurry for anybody else?

You're gonna want to go into options and turn off the film grain effect. I have it cranked pretty high but that's a personal preference.

As far as multi goes, it's under the 'Play Campaign' option on the main menu.

[quote name='cochesecochese']You're gonna want to go into options and turn off the film grain effect. I have it cranked pretty high but that's a personal preference.

As far as multi goes, it's under the 'Play Campaign' option on the main menu.[/quote]

Alright, I didn't even try looking there.

As for the film grain, I turned that off, and the graphics still seem blurry as hell to me. I'll try turning it back up. I like stylized graininess anyway.

Hi guys, quick question: I haven't been following this game too much, but is there a single player mode in this? Or is this more like UT in that the SP is only practice for the MP?

[quote name='homeland']the only good thing about the AI is they unselfishly heal u instead of healing themselves.[/quote]

Well that and they'll take out Hunters/Smokers in a single shot most of the time. Played through Expert last night and beat it for the first time (I'm usually playing on Advanced). We even encountered a Tank and took him down.

[quote name='homeland']the only good thing about the AI is they unselfishly heal u instead of healing themselves.[/quote]

That wasn't the case the few times I played the demo. The AI would heal themselves first, waste them early when they weren't missing that much health, and steal the health packs you can pick up throughout the level as well.

I can vouch for the AI stealing items during my play through in single, but when the time came to use them I was first priority.

Lets clarify this for the confused. Theres single player which can either be played with either 1 human and 3 AI bots or 1-4 people co-op(bots fill in). There is also a separate multiplayer vs mode. I believe the vs is 4 human zombies and the horde vs 4 humans

[quote name='slickkill77']Lets clarify this. Theres single player which can either be played with either 1 human and 3 AI bots or 1-4 people co-op. There is also a separate multiplayer vs mode[/quote]

The answer is yes to all of them. Campaign - Single or local and online co-op, local/online co-op mix and match, I assume the AI fills in any remaining spots as in the demo.

I can't speak on Versus until the game is released next week but I assume it has a similar set up.

[quote name='slickkill77']I wasnt asking a question I was making a statement...[/quote]

Your initial post lacked the clarification of your edited version hence the confusion? No need to get short about it. Sheesh.

I've had this game pre-ordered for months now because I love zombie games/movies, but I finally got a chance to play the demo last night. And wow! This game is scary as shit! Fast moving zombies are just unnerving as hell. This vibe of this game totally feels like 28 Weeks Later. It's so frantic and chaotic.

I kinda hate that there is friendly fire though. It provides for a more realistic experience, but I ended up shooting one of my AI teammates so many times trying to gun down a massive zombie group in front of them. I'd really love to join a CAG team for the co-op campaign, but I'm afraid I'll suck. I think I'm the dude in the movie who hears a noise and just starts spraying bullets everywhere, lol. Granted, I played this at about 2 AM with the lights out and headphones on. So, I'm just going to blame that for my spasticness, haha.

[quote name='slickkill77']The best thing about this game is when you get to play with British and Australian people. It is hilarious especially when a tank comes[/quote]

do they drop the "bloody hell" or "pissah" left and right?

Its mainly when they get freaked out. Theres just something much more satifying about hearing a british person freaking out and screaming than a person with an american accent of some kind

[quote name='slickkill77']Its mainly when they get freaked out. Theres just something much more satifying about hearing a british person freaking out and screaming than a person with an american accent of some kind[/quote]
I find that any foreign person seeing a tank run towards them is funny. Or when they get mad at the certain teammate that won't turn off their flashlight, eventually leading to the witch raping everyone.

[quote name='Littlefields']I find that any foreign person seeing a tank run towards them is funny. Or when they get mad at the certain teammate that won't turn off their flashlight, eventually leading to the witch raping everyone.[/quote]

The first time I saw a witch...I shot her. It was not a good time. :no:

Just had my friend play through the demo. I told him the car alarms scare away the zombies. Then I told him the witch is a scared civilian that you need to save.

It was funny.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The first time I saw a witch...I shot her. It was not a good time. :no:[/quote]

No kidding, i got jumped on and died in like five seconds... it was horrible..

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Just had my friend play through the demo. I told him the car alarms scare away the zombies. Then I told him the witch is a scared civilian that you need to save.

It was funny.[/quote]

Hahaha, that's awesome. Yeah, that's another thing. When I heard "Be careful. That car has an alarm that might go off", what did I do? I shot the car to see what would happen. Again, this was not a good time.

"Don't touch the stove. The stove is hot. Don't touch it. Ok?"
"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!"

Similar to what happened.

I really think the campaign should have been a bit longer. Waiting and dicking around before going in the last safe room is boring. They could have at least gave us a cutscene showing us what happen to them.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I kinda hate that there is friendly fire though. It provides for a more realistic experience, but I ended up shooting one of my AI teammates so many times trying to gun down a massive zombie group in front of them. I'd really love to join a CAG team for the co-op campaign, but I'm afraid I'll suck. I think I'm the dude in the movie who hears a noise and just starts spraying bullets everywhere, lol. Granted, I played this at about 2 AM with the lights out and headphones on. So, I'm just going to blame that for my spasticness, haha.[/quote]

Well half of the problem with friendly fire is that the people who take point rarely duck. LB motherfucker! If you are the lead person in a subway car and a hoard of zombies comes rushing at you, you better duck or you are looking to get blasted in the back.

If I am in the front, I always duck to allow players to shoot over me. It also helps when you get swarmed since your buddies can basically just spray the entire crowd without hitting you.

I've been really having fun with the demo but I don't think I am going to have the cash to get it right away. Which means it will probably be an after-Christmas purchase. I just hope people are still playing.

Played the demo with a random group. Had two kids, and me and thid older guy in our group. The older guy kept calling the black guy Obama, while one of the kids kept saying, "bow down," throughout the whole game. The other kid was actually good and helpful.

Anyways, it feels like a solid game, but like any Valve game, it probably plays better on the PC.

[quote name='shinryuu']Played the demo with a random group. Had two kids, and me and thid older guy in our group. The older guy kept calling the black guy Obama, while one of the kids kept saying, "bow down," throughout the whole game. The other kid was actually good and helpful.

Anyways, it feels like a solid game, but like any Valve game, it probably plays better on the PC.[/QUOTE]

I'm picking this up tomorrow. Let me know if you want to get some games in.

I've played through the demo about seven times now. I know I have an awful connection here at school, and I'll never be able to play this online, but I really don't think I can resist getting this game. Even if it means just playing with bots. It's just too cool.

bread's done
Back