Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

Ink.So.Well, accepted your friend and espionage's as well. I'll be down for playing later. Do you have your status set to hidden?

Not that I know of unless I selected it by mistake. I'm just not signed on at the moment. I'm down for a game though between 8 pm - 3 am EST.

[quote name='dragonsho']@eswat - rofl at the hip hop witch, I actually got that dvd, it's pretty bad except em's part.

I somehow always end up playin with people high out of their mind. I can never get anywhere on expert because people are too dumb or just don't talk or a combination.

Add me if you wanna actually make progress in expert, I know I do.[/quote]

Hey, I am down. adding you today, if you want to make a elite run let me know, I am looking for partners.

Yeah, I'm down for a game in a bit. I just gotta finish up this project.

The only reason I asked if you were invisible Ink was because it said "Offline" and I've only ever seen that on people that are invisible or haven't been online for months.

Hm... weird. I'll check it out as soon as I log into Live in a few minutes.

EDIT - I've got a lobby set up so if you're interested in an Expert run let me know.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I can deal with sucktastic people because I'm not that great of a player myself, but I know enough of the basics to make for a well rounded support member of a decent team (always try to melee out of a horde swarm, melee special infected off of teammates for a quick break + to avoid friendly fire damage, melee hunters to dodge/avoid getting pounced, save secondary weapons + ammo for hordes/Tanks/Witches on higher difficulties, crouch when taking point to avoid FF DMG, etc.).

I plan on playing a few campaigns later tonight so if anyone thinks they'll be available today let's schedule a time and get a lobby going.[/quote]

Those are good tips. Thanks!

I'm getting this game for PC because I prefer (AKA: I'm much more competent with) the mouse/keyboard combo and Valve has proven in the past to support the PC counterpart of their games better. Sounds like a lot of fun either way though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got this game in the mail from yourfree360games and I am debating whether to sell it or not... I have a strange feeling that this will be cheaper later on. Is it really that fun? I have Gears 2 and I just ordered Resistance 2...

No one is going to answer your question. If you cant read the last few pages then just don't play it. Honestly why must people ask the same questions over and over

[quote name='help1']I just got this game in the mail from yourfree360games and I am debating whether to sell it or not... I have a strange feeling that this will be cheaper later on. Is it really that fun? I have Gears 2 and I just ordered Resistance 2...[/quote]
I'd say L4D is several times better than Gears 2, so I'd definitely recommend playing it.

[quote name='help1']I just got this game in the mail from yourfree360games and I am debating whether to sell it or not... I have a strange feeling that this will be cheaper later on. Is it really that fun? I have Gears 2 and I just ordered Resistance 2...[/quote]

All of Valves games are made of gold. And puppies. Or if you prefer cats then they are made of kittens. So if you don't open it and play right now I will take your firstborn.

Just sent some more friend requests out to CAG's. I finished the normal campaigns with the moronic AI fairly easily. Looking to move up and play with some CAG's. I'll play any level really. Send me a request

Wow. I am having so much fun with this game. I played the entire No Mercey campaign in versus and I just couldn't believe how much more enjoyable the game is as opposed to when your playing campaign. Playing as the infected adds much needed variety to the game

I'm on the CAG L4D list so if anyone wants to play on that list shot me an invite.

Also, any word on DLC? I'm hoping that they add different types of zombies, new maps and a friendly fire option.

[quote name='slickkill77']No one is going to answer your question. If you cant read the last few pages then just don't play it. Honestly why must people ask the same questions over and over[/quote]

If that is what the average L4D player mentality is, then I'm not so sure that I want to play this game.

P.S. The Rays were a fluke.

[quote name='help1']If that is what the average L4D player mentality is, then I'm not so sure that I want to play this game.

P.S. The Rays were a fluke.[/quote]

i think what slick was trying to say is... you could easily just read the thread to get an overall response on whether we like the game..and if you have any SPECIFIC questions, we could answer them.

and as a red sox fan regardless if the rays are a fluke or not..they deserved to make it to the world series.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='help1']If that is what the average L4D player mentality is, then I'm not so sure that I want to play this game.

P.S. The Rays were a fluke.[/QUOTE]
Please don't buy this game.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, winning the AL East is just dumb luck...[/quote]

Do you remember when the Rockies made the world series and then didn't even go 500 last year?

Same crap.

"This game is screaming for a rocket launcher..."
Gametrailers review.

Hmmm really? I have beaten the game 3 times now, had a blast all 3 times and not once did I ever think I needed a rocket launcher.

"If you play with 3 friends online you will be lucky to get 4 hours of play time."

Whaaaat? Who in the hell is beating this game in 4 hours even with 3 friends. Couldnt have played it on advanced or expert.

I guess this is what fanboys must feel like because I think these remarks are fucking ludicrous.

[quote name='Soodmeg']"This game is screaming for a rocket launcher..."
Gametrailers review.

Hmmm really? I have beaten the game 3 times now, had a blast all 3 times and not once did I ever think I needed a rocket launcher.

"If you play with 3 friends online you will be lucky to get 4 hours of play time."

Whaaaat? Who in the hell is beating this game in 4 hours even with 3 friends. Couldnt have played it on advanced or expert.

I guess this is what fanboys must feel like because I think these remarks are fucking ludicrous.[/quote]

Accept my FR.

I just got to a point last night where I got bored with this game and decided to send it back to Gamefly (actually it wasn't so much bored as it was annoyed when a hunter jumped on me and my computer teammates decided to just glitch on the environment).

It's a fun game, but I'm not going to do the same missions over and over again when I have Gears 2, Fallout 3 and a bunch of other stuff to play.

I'm glad I didn't buy it — maybe if it drops to $20 or so I might pick it up again just to play with a friend.

[quote name='RudyPants']I just got to a point last night where I got bored with this game and decided to send it back to Gamefly (actually it wasn't so much bored as it was annoyed when a hunter jumped on me and my computer teammates decided to just glitch on the environment).

It's a fun game, but I'm not going to do the same missions over and over again when I have Gears 2, Fallout 3 and a bunch of other stuff to play.

I'm glad I didn't buy it — maybe if it drops to $20 or so I might pick it up again just to play with a friend.[/quote]

If you play online you can yell at your teammates to come and get the hunter off of you. Not relying on the AI is pretty much a requirement for having fun with this game.

Gametrailers review.[/quote]

Well, I disagree with whom ever wrote the Gametrailers review. In a game where players travel in tight-knit packs, I can imagine the screams of anger because of accidental splash damage dealt by the rocket launcher. The assault rifle is effective at long-range shots, so there goes the argument for distance. Valve wants players to feel a sense of anxiety and unease. A rocket launcher has no place in this game.

I just got this game and gave it go on xbox live. Not bad at all, we end up dying at I'm guessing the end of the no mercy campaign. Gamertag is "Norfair" if anyone wants to play.

I haven't played online yet (just offline with my brother on splitscreen) so if any fellow newbies want to venture out online shoot me a friend request.

i played with my friend last night drunk and actually unlocked alot of achievements. we only played versus mode, and playing as the zombies is insane! anyone want to get together and run 4 deep through story mode? feel free to add me or message me sublime90

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I haven't played online yet (just offline with my brother on splitscreen) so if any fellow newbies want to venture out online shoot me a friend request.[/quote]

I'm with crunch. I have only played a little offline, and then I got sucked right into Fallout 3. I think I will be trying to play a little online tonight, though, so if you're interested, shoot me the old friend request.

Gametrailers review.

I guess this is what fanboys must feel like because I think these remarks are fucking ludicrous.[/quote]

yea the gametrailers.com video review was a little off there. :roll: I thought the reviewer only judged the game by its cover and not really playing the good context of the game.

I have also played the missions a couple of times and never once thought about a rocket launcher. The weapons are fine the way they are and it took me and a couple of my friends more than 4 hrs to beat every campaign mission. I still haven't even did the Blood Harvest mission. Maybe Ill complete it by this weekend.

[quote name='doc_zaius']Still looking to play more, I'll try to add some more folks.[/quote]
ZOMG! Zaius!! you're alive!! hit me up sometime for some L4D.

Can the achievement for no survivors taking damage after the rescue vehicle being called be done on Easy, or is it an Expert achievement?

Any non-difficulty specific achievement requirements can be met on any difficult setting in the game to my knowledge. I recall a hilarious night of achievement hunting with some fine spirited randoms and we switched the difficulty to Easy in order to get the Crowned (Kill a Witch with one head shot) achievement.

Ugh. I'm sorry things didn't work out but everything went to shit in a hurry tonight. Hopefully I can get in a game with you tomorrow or this weekend.

Anyone want to play? Versus or Story mode. I'm aiming to try for achievements or an expert campaign. I'll be on for a bit, just FR me if anyone is interested

My tag is SigmaNu Brodi

[quote name='saturninus']I'm not paying $50 for this dumb game.[/quote]
I essentially got it as a gift, only had to pay 13$.

Spent a few (ok, six) hours playing last night through No Mercy and Blood Harvest on Normal. Christ those are hard when people are disorganized. My first few run through were awesome. I had a great team that worked well even though no one used mics. The rest were very tough because we had a bunch of Rambos running off without the rest of the team. I still haven't managed to survive the waves of the horde and make it to the rescue vehicle because I'm trying to save their stupid asses. Still, overall a very fun game when you have a great team working together.

Tried playing online last night, and it was a complete mess. The first two games I got into, for some reason, everyone was just shooting each other. I guess, they were trying to get achievements. Then, I played a game or two where people were doing what was described above...just going Rambo.

bread's done
Back