Left 4 Dead vs Dead Rising

marella152

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
never played the originals. But I noticed that L4D2 has been a huge hit and I just finished reading the preview of Dead Rising 2 and it got me interested.
So what does everybody think?

L4D or DR?

Single player: Dead Rising

Multiplayer: L4D

L4D is seriously fun when you play with people you know

Two completely different games.

[quote name='kilm']Single player: Dead Rising

Multiplayer: L4D

L4D is seriously fun when you play with people you know[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Hey guys, Metal Gear Solid 4, or Unreal Tournament III? Hmmmmmmm....[/QUOTE]

alright, now dont be dbag- as far as I can tell they are zombie killingsprees - if i'm wrong, enlighten me.

They are different games. If you've watched zombie films then dead rising follows the earlier films night of living dead, dawn of the dead and day. As well as return of the living dead or shuan of the dead. Dead rising has more in common with the slow, limping zombies and massive zombie horde. Dead rising has you playing from a third person view as frank west picking up mostly anything to fight the zombies or destory them. There's more B movie story but i'd say rent it if you can ;).

Whereas, left 4 dead both games have more in common with the 28 days later/28 weeks later, zombieland(fast zombies in it but it's really funny if you haven't seen yet), the dawn of the dead remake 2004 where there is fast/running zombie concept too(plus infected creatures kinda like resident evils t-virius creatures). Plus the game plays as a fps since it is made valve same company who started half-life portal etc.

Anyways go to gametraliers.com and search both games and watch videos for them you'll see why they two different games. Saying which is better is comparing apples and oranges i really say play them both because they are two awesome games with two separate ideas of what a zombie apocalypse should be.

[quote name='marella152']alright, now dont be dbag- as far as I can tell they are zombie killingsprees - if i'm wrong, enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

Coffee's post made me LOL. No harm intended guy. It's fun to tease new CAGs.

[quote name='Gamehead']Coffee's post made me LOL. No harm intended guy. It's fun to tease new CAGs.[/QUOTE]

it's all good - I realized that he was right -
Thanks for everyone's input - even you, Coffee
I'll check them both out soon

But I guess since were on topic - should I pick up L4D before getting L4D2?
I know it wouldnt be necessary, but what do you guys think?

-dom

[quote name='marella152']it's all good - I realized that he was right -
Thanks for everyone's input - even you, Coffee
I'll check them both out soon

But I guess since were on topic - should I pick up L4D before getting L4D2?
I know it wouldnt be necessary, but what do you guys think?

-dom[/QUOTE]

I don't think you need to pick up L4D1. Go straight for L4D2.

bread's done
Back