Left4Dead PC $40 Shipped @ Amazon

For anyone on the fence regarding which version to get (360 or PC), having played both I can definitively say that the PC experience is vastly better than the 360 experience. Far fewer annoying kids, sharper graphics and faster access to updates via Steam. Go get it ... nuff said.

L4D is easily worth the $40, PC version that is. I feel left 4 dead will end up like TF2 for the 360, Microsoft forcing them to charge for free content that hasn't even shipped yet.

It's even cheaper from some of the sellers on Amazon. You can get it new for $35 shipped!

Worth it to most, but CAGs might be better off waiting IMO, picked it up during the pre-order for $36 if I remember correctly.

[quote name='etcrane']For anyone on the fence regarding which version to get (360 or PC), having played both I can definitively say that the PC experience is vastly better than the 360 experience. Far fewer annoying kids, sharper graphics and faster access to updates via Steam. Go get it ... nuff said.[/quote]

I played both and i only agree with the faster access to updates.

[quote name='lito88']I played both and i only agree with the faster access to updates.[/QUOTE]

Well, the user-base is debatable but the graphics on a high-end PC are unquestionably better ... either way it's an awesome game on both console and PC ... the winning factor in my book is the mods that will inevitably expand the PC experience in the coming years. It's already been proven that the L4D engine can be used with Counterstrike maps and you can't get extra gore and a green hulk-esque tank on the 360 version.

[quote name='oyla10']It's even cheaper from some of the sellers on Amazon. You can get it new for $35 shipped![/quote]

What sellers are you looking at? I'm not seeing any of them beating amazons price.

Only thing holding me off on this is the fact that for 60 bucks more I could get the rest of the Valve pack. I;ve got the Orange Box on 360 already though, but I want TF2 on PC...decisions, decisions...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']L4D is easily worth the $40, PC version that is. I feel left 4 dead will end up like TF2 for the 360, Microsoft forcing them to charge for free content that hasn't even shipped yet.[/QUOTE]

lol you are probably right. Microsoft says, "Respect my AUTHORIT-EYE!"

[quote name='shnizzle66']Only thing holding me off on this is the fact that for 60 bucks more I could get the rest of the Valve pack. I;ve got the Orange Box on 360 already though, but I want TF2 on PC...decisions, decisions...[/quote]

TF2 on PC is worth it, if only for the updates. I don't know what I'd do without payload maps, or the Pyro's air blast.

The complete pack isn't worth it, though, if you only want TF2. Just get TF2 via steam, L4D via amazon, all will be good. (or hold out for another sale on amazon....I missed the $20 BF deal, but got it for $30 a few weeks later)

Nice nice nice deal!!! Thanks OP!
2.gif

I picked this up via ebay for $30 original sealed box but from India lol hope it's all the same via Steam. plan to try to play on my new aluminum macbook via TinyXP lol

bread's done
Back