Legallizzeee it

[quote name='battleroyal33']Well lets see, Im 30 and Im a pothead, I have a regular 9 to 5 job, M-F, Have a house at the BEACH ( purchased, not renting, I do have a mortgage) have a decent car (04 accord) , run 2 miles 5 days a week( I know its not much but I hate running) and MMA train 4 days a week, 2 1/2 hours per class( thats were I get all my cardio from).. I smoke at least a bowl everyday ( dont do joints, in my opion its a waste) and guess what, Im fine, you would never even know I smoked unless I lit up right in front of you... I dont smoke cigs and only drink beer and thats normally just on the weekends. Weed is fine as long as you, wait for it,,, DO IT IN MODERATION and be responible about it.. dont go over board, dont wake and bake , treat it like drinking, there is a place and a time for it,, some people just dont grasp that concept and thats thier faults. Im not defending the OP or anything, I could careless if its legal or not because I will still get it when ever I want it, I just find it funny how everybody still thinks that anyone who smokes will become an idiot... and a FYI,, that vaporizer in the pic sucks, I have one I got out of Canada,, waste of $75, sticking to my bubbler...[/QUOTE]

Well, the 80's coke (which is obviously much worse) was the drug of the rich. I think the argument is that it hinders your performance, not destroys it.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']It took me a while to decide how to respond to this due to its inherent lack of logic or thought. But, murder has happened for thousands of years, previous civilizations have murdered, and since its done by people who are natural beings.. how can the government say its illegal? [/QUOTE]

Bad example. I cannot think of one government that has ever declared that all murder is illegal, including the American government. After all, governments still fight wars.

However the American has declared that use or possession of a particularly benign intoxicating substance is illegal. Where is the logic or thought behind this law, where is the American citizen's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

[quote name='camoor']Bad example. I cannot think of one government that has ever declared that all murder is illegal, including the American government. After all, governments still fight wars.

However the American has declared that use or possession of a particularly benign intoxicating substance is illegal. Where is the logic or thought behind this law, where is the American citizen's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's a good example. Murder by definition is the unlawful killing of another human being. Killing someone in battle is generally a lawful act.

[quote name='mykevermin']Little known fact: the first controlled substance in the history of the United States?

margarine[/QUOTE]

"Thanks to acid, I know now that butter is waaaaaaay better than margerine. I saw through the bullshit!"

[quote name='mr ryles']Thats why we don't leaglize it, because you end up spelling like that.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps weed isn't the source of misspellings after all.

le·gal·ize
tr.v. le·gal·ized, le·gal·iz·ing, le·gal·iz·es To make legal or lawful; authorize or sanction by law

[quote name='Strell']"Thanks to acid, I know now that butter is waaaaaaay better than margerine. I saw through the bullshit!"[/QUOTE]

Is that a Mitch Hedburg reference?

[quote name='camoor']
However the American has declared that use or possession of a particularly benign intoxicating substance is illegal. Where is the logic or thought behind this law, where is the American citizen's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?[/QUOTE]

it isn't benign just because you say it is. it can (and does) ruin people's lives-- just in a slow sad way.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']I've suggested people use the ignore list, the latest episode being one of U2K's threads. But no, this would be my first personal experience.[/QUOTE]
You're right, it is about time I ignore you and your worthless replys.

With that said... I smoke occasionally. Just a few times a year... I enjoy it.

i have a new found theory(that I did not have when i was younger).............

I love people who do drugs now. I think they are great and should continue to do as many as they can, branch out even. Because it can give me the advantage in life that I need. Hell who would pass up an edge like that over fellow human competion for jobs/money/girls/housing/education/life in general. Drugs can slash the competion and in turn help me out. Whose gonna get that big promotion? Me? Or a crack head? Me? or that lazy stoner? HAHAHA

[quote name='javeryh']Nah, it's a good example. Murder by definition is the unlawful killing of another human being. Killing someone in battle is generally a lawful act.[/QUOTE]

OK lawyer-boy :D . I was going by the murder definition of "kill intentionally and with premeditation".

The difference between your definition of murder and a simple killing is whether or not you have permission to kill from a government. Yet it shows that the act of killing is not universally banned.

However, according to the current US federal government, the act of smoking or ingesting marijuana is universally banned. The government is not looking at the act rationally, the government is not considering that smoking certain softer strains of marijuana can be a relatively benign activity or can even help certain people crippled by pain or suffering from glaucoma.

Funny that. The US government can come up with all sorts of bogus reasons to authorize an extremely large operation involving massive amounts of kills (AKA the Iraq war), but it will outlaw or severly restrict access to benign soporifics every chance it gets.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']anyone who uses drugs is a sorry sack of shit[/QUOTE]

Interesting. How do you feel about a cancer patient using marajuana to ease the effects of chemotherapy ? Drugs, even the illegal ones, usually have some medicinal value whether they have yet been realized or not. To blanketly catagorize drugs as bad is shortsighted.

I use caffeine in the mornings via my coffee cup. Studies have shown that typists type faster and with fewer errors after drinking coffee. When I'm sick or suffer from injury, I use ibuprofin or another non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drug to alleviate swelling, fever, or pain. Were it not for antibiotic drugs, most of us would not be alive today if stricken by pnemonia, tetanus, or other bacterial infection.

Perhaps what you meant to say was anyone who ABUSES drugs is a sorry sack.

[quote name='Apossum']it isn't benign just because you say it is. it can (and does) ruin people's lives-- just in a slow sad way.[/QUOTE]

It's called freedom. As long as noone is being forced or tricked into smoking or ingesting marijuana, and as long as they are not harming others, they should have the freedom to choose to do what they like.

Taxes on marijuana should be relatively high because it's likely that people who partake will become a burden on the health care system. However I believe the same of fast food, beer, wine, liquor, tobacco cigs, etc.

[quote name='cag1000']i have a new found theory(that I did not have when i was younger).............

I love people who do drugs now. I think they are great and should continue to do as many as they can, branch out even. Because it can give me the advantage in life that I need. Hell who would pass up an edge like that over fellow human competion for jobs/money/girls/housing/education/life in general. Drugs can slash the competion and in turn help me out. Whose gonna get that big promotion? Me? Or a crack head? Me? or that lazy stoner? HAHAHA[/QUOTE]

That's like saying, let everyone die so there's more air for me to breathe.

[quote name='Mono`']

That's like saying, let everyone die so there's more air for me to breathe.[/QUOTE]

Um, no. It's not even close. There's a finite amout of good jobs out there but you wouldn't know anything about that due to the whole lack of ambition and general apathy towards anything not cartoon or taco bell related.

I'll hopefully be smoking this sometime in the near future; this is taken in my friend's house.

tke2-039.jpg

Anyways; I find it very hard for anyone to become dependant on weed. I smoke it maybe 4x a week at the most, but often go 2-3 weeks without it. If I don't have it around, I don't smoke it, it's as simple as that and I feel the same as I did before I started smoking. When I am high, however, everything just seems so obvious. It's really not something you can explain; and I think I may smoke just to discover myself and the world through this feeling; though in the spring when mushrooms start growing, I hope to delve much deeper into this world of discovery.

[quote name='javeryh']Um, no. It's not even close. There's a finite amout of good jobs out there but you wouldn't know anything about that due to the whole lack of ambition and general apathy towards anything not cartoon or taco bell related.[/QUOTE]

Finally something interesting. What about Taco Bell cartoons now?

I think weed does make people stupid. My dad was a smart guy now he's sorta dumb hard to explain but bear with me. He smoked for 30 years and quit he has not done it in 4 years. My sister does it still and I talked to her on the phone the other day and I kept getting pissed off cause I had to explain to her simple shit any 6th grader should know. I really think it is the dope.

What Graystone failed to account for was the genetic component of mental degredation. All his life he thought of himself as "just one of the guys" and couldn't believe he would be the one in the family to be capable of upper eschelon abstract thought. Dad and sis have apparently caught "the bug" and have begun to display their Darwinian shortcomings, while he, on the other hand, transcends the formerly founded educational barrier and can now look back on his childhood instead of participate in it. Apparently the "dumb bug" is not double recessive.

The bear that is with him , though, thinks otherwise.

Occasional pot smoking is not going to make you any less stupid than having a few drinks once in awhile. Other drugs do destroy brain cells in a major way: meth, nitrous, and glue sniffing are in the same catagory of massive brain destruction. Alcohol does destroy brain cells. Pot, I'm not so sure, but we humans do have cannabinoid receptors in our brains - it is still not fully understood why we have them (possible co-evolution with Cannabis? We make our own cannabinoids in our brains?). Finally, it has been demonstrated that pot does in fact have anti-cancer properties, which may account for the reason that people who smoke only cannabis do not develop lung cancer compared to tobacco smokers (Dr. Robert Melamede's work (Univ. of Colorado, CS) http://www.harmreductionjournal.com/content/2/1/21).
Cannabis was legal in the US until the 1920's when it was declared a danger, blah, blah. Just like absinthe but now we know that real absinthe had extremely low levels of thujone (wormwood extract) and likely did not pose a danger to health (Ted Breaux - http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.11/absinthe.html). Why the US government declared some of these substances illegal was due to hearsay and urban mythology, not to mention lobbying from powerful alcohol groups that arose after prohibition. The idea that all drugs are the same is BS - we all know there are differences even within the class of drugs called alcoholic beverages! The Dutch model has consistently demonstrated that Dutch teenagers are less likely to have drug problems (http://www.csdp.org/ads/dutch2.htm). Why? Because legalizing soft drugs removes their appeal. Second, the Dutch system emphasizes treatment and acknowledging the question, "Why are you abusing drugs?" Additionally, in the Netherlands you can see people shooting up in public and once you do, it completely removes any of the glamour that Sid Vicious or Kurt Cobain attached to it. In the US, no one addresses the WHY question. Honestly, keeping things illegal is a boon to lawyers and police - keeps their coffers full of money and keeps their jobs. Enough ranting!

Well I doubt many of you have any backing either way scientifically on your opinions. I have taken a couple classes on the psychological and physiological effects of certain drugs. Pot is a Schedule 1 narcotic, schedule 1 classifies it as having no medical benefits at all. Our government rushed to make it illegal and that was the end result. Obviously it has medical benefits, but making it a schedule pretty much makes it a final decision, because nobody in Washington would ever try to move pot off of that classification. Same goes for X which was originally used in marriage counciling.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Well I doubt many of you have any backing either way scientifically on your opinions. I have taken a couple classes on the psychological and physiological effects of certain drugs. Pot is a Schedule 1 narcotic, schedule 1 classifies it as having no medical benefits at all. Our government rushed to make it illegal and that was the end result. Obviously it has medical benefits, but making it a schedule pretty much makes it a final decision, because nobody in Washington would ever try to move pot off of that classification. Same goes for X which was originally used in marriage counciling.[/QUOTE]

LSD was also used for alcoholic counseling trials, and it worked very well. Unfortunately, you can't keep a job if you are tripping out of your mind all the time! I don't know if Schedule I is a hard and fast classification - as long as there is public debate, the FDA and DEA may be receptive to discussion. The reason for not demonstrating any benefits from cannabis is because of the lack of scientific work, not because there has actually been work demonstrating any benefits! It's like putting the cart in front of the horse! Enough work has been done to demonstrate the benefits and problems of drinking alcohol in different forms and different amounts. Of course, these studies are easy to conduct because alcohol is legal (if you are over 21). It's more difficult to design and get approval for cannabis studies because of its status. Regardless, a lot of the urban mythos concerning pot smoking is dissipating to the point that the justifications for making it Schedule I are falling apart.

The funny thing is I work with Schedule I through Schedule IV drugs all the time, and some of those drugs' effects on the patients are much more powerful than cannabis' effects. But what do I know...

[quote name='tickdude']Honestly, keeping things illegal is a boon to lawyers and police - keeps their coffers full of money and keeps their jobs. Enough ranting![/QUOTE]

Don't forget the organized crime syndicates, their profits would also drop significantly if marijuana was legalized. Of course, organized crime doesn't have any influence on the federal government ;) :lol: ;) :lol: ;)

[quote name='tickdude']LSD was also used for alcoholic counseling trials, and it worked very well. Unfortunately, you can't keep a job if you are tripping out of your mind all the time! I don't know if Schedule I is a hard and fast classification - as long as there is public debate, the FDA and DEA may be receptive to discussion. The reason for not demonstrating any benefits from cannabis is because of the lack of scientific work, not because there has actually been work demonstrating any benefits! It's like putting the cart in front of the horse! Enough work has been done to demonstrate the benefits and problems of drinking alcohol in different forms and different amounts. Of course, these studies are easy to conduct because alcohol is legal (if you are over 21). It's more difficult to design and get approval for cannabis studies because of its status. Regardless, a lot of the urban mythos concerning pot smoking is dissipating to the point that the justifications for making it Schedule I are falling apart.

The funny thing is I work with Schedule I through Schedule IV drugs all the time, and some of those drugs' effects on the patients are much more powerful than cannabis' effects. But what do I know...[/QUOTE]

I dont know if you realize this but our government was responsible for giving out Pot to extremely sick Americans for a period of time. This all changed around Nixon I believe. I remember watching a program with one of the few people who is still alive he has bone tumors that constantly form and he takes his medical marijuanna to live a normal life. Also he is a stock broker not a hippie or anything like. Though the government cut the program they are still having to give him his medically prescribed pot. Every month he gets a tin full of joints for our government. Though after all the people from that program die it will officially be over. Obviously our government felt pot has medicinal properties or they would have never given it out in the first place. There are obvious health benefits for those who are sick, people with chemo who need to do something for lack of appetite, people with glaucoma, as a pain medication it is much safer than opiate based medication like Oxy and Vicadin.

was gonna sell my xbox 360 on ebay ... but then i got high
was gonna find some CAG's at EB ... but then i got high
was gonna articulate some great responses to this thread ... but then i got high

then i got high, then i got high, then i got high....

Dealing marijuana has harsher punishments then dealing meth in some areas of the USA - I defy anyone to prove that the marijuana laws make any sense whatsoever.

i love toking up. its fun. i got so blazed one night (snorted two Oxy's and smoked a quarter) i went bowling :) it was fun. cant meber my score but i remeber it was a blast. My one friend sells tree and he is a rich ass kid believe it or not he drive a Bimmer. so grass is amazing. everyone on this post who says its dumb. try it. you dont know what your missing

[quote name='Dr.Evil097']i love toking up. its fun. i got so blazed one night (snorted two Oxy's and smoked a quarter) i went bowling :) it was fun. cant meber my score but i remeber it was a blast. My one friend sells tree and he is a rich ass kid believe it or not he drive a Bimmer. so grass is amazing. everyone on this post who says its dumb. try it. you dont know what your missing[/QUOTE]

Just for future reference: That probably isn't the kind of cognizant argument that's going to win friends and influence people.

Just sayin.

Here's my revised opinion on weed.

Good on the weekends and vacation. Otherwise it just dulls the mind. I got high at least 3 times a week over the summer and got a 2.7GPA in my first semester of college (laziness, lack of focus). Now that I've been clean for about....3 months I'm getting straight As and hardly procrastinate at all. Plus I'm going into teaching, shitttt.

Opinion: It's not good for your body, but who am I to tell you what you can and can't do to yourself. What you do to me is a completely different situation, i.e. no smoking in public, no driving while under the influence, etc -- but what you do to yourself, I could care less. I don't think the government needs to exist to protect you from yourself -- that should kind of be your own job. Legalize it, tax it, and take the taxes for such drugs and put them directly into setting up rehabilitation centers.

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/causes.htm

According to this, there are 85,000 deaths caused by Alcohol a year and 0 deaths caused by Marijuana.

We all know that there are many people that use it, so the zero death fact isn't because its illegal.

I think it should be personal choice, really. Yes, it may be harmful to your body, but that's your choice.

Think of it like this -- acording to that link above, Tobacco is the leading cause for drug induced deaths, 435,000. So Tobacco is more harmful than Marijuana. Why is Marijuana illegal again? Why do we spend billions of dollars a year to enforce this law when we can be using that money for other things?

I hope all the potheads break out their bongs bigtime for 4/20, then after they are done "accidentally" circle jerking each other afterwards, they all choke on their Funyuns.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I bet you are hoping they all choke on their funyns so that Arby's doesn't have a line.[/quote]Arbys usually isn't a big destination for potheads. Not enough shiny or glowing things to hold their attention.

I'm for legallizing it. I smoke, yes, but not to exccess. I really only take a few tokes when I want to try and sleep. Unlike my room mate who has to smoke several times a day...then again, he needs it just to chill the fuck out. I just use it as a way to relax every so often. It beats the shittiness that you get from alcohol in the morning

[quote name='Dr.Evil097']i love toking up. its fun. i got so blazed one night (snorted two Oxy's and smoked a quarter) i went bowling :) it was fun. cant meber my score but i remeber it was a blast. My one friend sells tree and he is a rich ass kid believe it or not he drive a Bimmer. so grass is amazing. everyone on this post who says its dumb. try it. you dont know what your missing[/quote]
Dude, you are one of THE last people that need to speak up about making it legal. Not only do you sound like a dipshit stoner, but you snorted oxy...you're a total fucknig retard. Hope you have a good time in rehab...

And lemme guess, you only listen to Bob Marley because of weed...loser...

[quote name='javeryh']A bowl or 2 a day just sounds excessive to me and it doesn't seem normal for someone to get high every single day.[/quote]
I know people that generally have atleast a beer every night. I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't find it odd. Many most cigarette smokers go through almost a pack a day! (20 cigarettes) My dad used to do 2 packs a day way back when.

A small pinch of weed is rather light by comparison. I can't say for certain, as its been ages, but the amount of tobacco in a cigarette is at least twice what you'd need for a single bowl. Marijuana may put more tar in your lungs gram for gram, however, I've never heard of anyone smoking 20 joints in a day. Not to mention the fact that weed lacks the nice additions like formaldehyde and cyanide and the dozens of other lethal chemicals ADDED to cigarettes.

[quote name='Strell']
If you theoretically couldn't smoke one day, would that cause you to go into withdrawel or anything like that? Or would you just shrug it off and not worry about it?[/quote]

Again, I can't say for certain, but in my experience, weed is no more addictive than alcohol, if not less. Drugs like nicotine or heroine set up a physiological dependency, you're smart, so I know you know that means they make your body actually need to substance. Thats where withdrawals come from when you don't get it. Its like hunger pangs for drugs. Have you ever seen anyone try to stop smoking cigarettes? :hot:

The addiction for alcohol is physiological, meaning that the person only thinks they need it to be normal. This type of addiction would depend on things like heredity and living conditions. If weed were addictive, this is the only way I could see it being so-- The person only thinks they need it. They'd be addicted in much the same way as a someone that plays WoW at the expense of their work or loved ones. They by no means need it, but they feel it makes them happy.

[quote name='CitizenB']No thanks never have and never will put anything into my lungs. I'm fat I can't smoke, I'll die :lol:

[/quote]

You know, if you did smoke marijuana, your metabolism would increase. As long as you didn't park your XL ass in front of the fridge, you might lose weight. ;)

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Arbys usually isn't a big destination for potheads. Not enough shiny or glowing things to hold their attention.[/QUOTE]

You'd be suprised considering how good there curly fries and chocolate shakes are.

I never smoked weed, never plan to, have seen it and other drugs hurt people's lives -- and yet, I still believe it should be legal.

And I'm an Evangelical, conservative Christian. Figure that one out ;)

bread's done
Back