Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Limited Edition (PSP) $20 at Amazon

It seems like amazon just flipped a switch on some unadvertised rpg sale for black friday or something.

.. yet another game i sent back twice because they kept shipping it in a god damn bubble mailer... Friggin Amazon. Expect to get it in damaged guys. STill i'll give it a shot. Probably wind up returning it twice then getting a refund, but for 20 bucks what the hell.

Pretty tempting to buy this, hopefully it sticks around at this price for awhile. With black friday coming up not sure if I want to lower my budget for it by $20. :(

[quote name='Kenshindono'].. yet another game i sent back twice because they kept shipping it in a god damn bubble mailer... Friggin Amazon. Expect to get it in damaged guys. STill i'll give it a shot. Probably wind up returning it twice then getting a refund, but for 20 bucks what the hell.[/QUOTE]
What's wrong with bubble mailers? I've ordered hundreds of games online, most come in bubble mailers, and I think I may have had one game that the case was cracked upon arrival. There's definitely something wrong with your postal service if you're getting a bunch of broken merchandise :S

I'm so tempted to pick up a copy of this game, but I don't have anything else to order with it for FSSS :

[quote name='Hextech Raven']What's wrong with bubble mailers? I've ordered hundreds of games online, most come in bubble mailers, and I think I may have had one game that the case was cracked upon arrival. There's definitely something wrong with your postal service if you're getting a bunch of broken merchandise :S

I'm so tempted to pick up a copy of this game, but I don't have anything else to order with it for FSSS :

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']This is meant for the limited edition that come with the art boxes to hold the game, soundtrack, etc. Those are damaged very easily in bubble mailers.[/QUOTE]
Ah, gotcha. Makes a bit more sense now; I rarely pick up LEs unless they're free upgrades from pre-orders, so I suppose I haven't had to worry about it all that much.

[quote name='silkysmooth']really tempting but i just got like 4 other RPGs in the past couple days in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

same here =(

[quote name='Hextech Raven']What's wrong with bubble mailers? I've ordered hundreds of games online, most come in bubble mailers, and I think I may have had one game that the case was cracked upon arrival. There's definitely something wrong with your postal service if you're getting a bunch of broken merchandise :S

[quote name='roymustang']I heard some good things about that game. Any CAGs here have it or played it that could confirm? Is the soundtrack any good?[/QUOTE]

I would highly recommend this game if you are looking for an RPG with a story with so much attention to detail that it reads more like a novel, characters that are very likeable (Olivier!), and a battle system designed to be "anti-grindy" (monsters are shown on maps, you get more/less xp if you are lower/higher level relative to the enemies' level) so you can focus more on the story, which is the game's strong point. Admittingly, the biggest complaint about the game is the slow pacing but if you can stick around with it, the story is very satisfying.

I can't really do the game justice in describing it so I can link you to a few of many articles about it.

Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/28/the-best-jrpg-you-havent-played-yet/

Silconera: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/3...trails-in-the-sky-playtest-falcom-flies-high/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kouleefoh']lol i remember it was $30 on a lightning deal last month i believe.[/QUOTE]

Yup. $27.99 was the Lightning Deal. Still within the return window though.

Got mine. Thanks. I have been able to put ups a nice little PSP RPG collection simply by waiting for Amazon to drop prices. $20 or so is the buy it now price for any Premium Edition.

[quote name='Cybolt']I would highly recommend this game if you are looking for an RPG with a story with so much attention to detail that it seems more like a novel, characters that are very likeable (Olivier!), and a battle system designed to "anti-grindy" (monsters are shown on maps, you get more/less xp if you are lower/higher level relative to the enemies' level) so you can focus more on the story, which is the game's strong point. Admittingly, the biggest complaint about the game is the slow pacing but if you can stick around with it, the story is very satisfying.

I can't really do the game justice in describing it so I can link you to a few of many articles about it.

Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/28/the-best-jrpg-you-havent-played-yet/

Silconera: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/3...trails-in-the-sky-playtest-falcom-flies-high/[/QUOTE]
I almost bought it last night but decided no, then I saw your post, you sold it to me. Either Amazon or the Publisher should send u a thank you note.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I almost bought it last night but decided no, then I saw your post, you sold it to me. Either Amazon or the Publisher should send u a thank you note.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm glad that I was able to convince someone. Hope you enjoy the game! ;)

[quote name='hpbbes']I've been waiting for a deal on TitS so I picked up the regular edition. I'm very excited to play this.[/QUOTE]

meh you can find a better deal for the price of a few drinks at a bar

.. sorry, couldn't resist =P

Finally biting on this. I have been waiting for an RPG from that long lost era before they were called "J-RPGs." Totally stoked.

From some of the reviewers I read, this game renewed their faith in JRPGs,
So, I HAD to snag one.
Oh how I do so love feeing my backlog monster!

bread's done
Back