Legend Of Zelda Collectors Edition

Wavedash007

CAGiversary!
Well i was going to go to target as usual to check their clearance bin. I always pass by a thrift store that is 1 block away and said heck worth checking out. To my surprise they have tons of Sega Genesis CD games for 2 dollars in original packaging with booklets. I am sure they can all sell for more than 2 dollars. Then on this massive shelf of old used games i see legend of zelda collectors edition for the gamecube. I ask cashier for a price. He looks clueless and just looks at the gamecube logo and he labels it as worthless and gives it to me for 5 dollars....
This gives me reason to go there again to find rare old games. I personally do not buy use games but for a game as rare as this i would make an exception.
I would post pics but new users cant post images in the forums -.-

Lol I have a strange story how I got mine. 6 years ago my uncle had a kid and wanted some kids movies for her. I was 10 at the time and I traded him two of my Spongebob DVDs for his Zelda Collector's Edition. And now many years later I realize how good of a trade that was.

This one kills me to this day:

I was based in Okinawa on one of the military bases. At the time, I wasn't really following the gaming scene too closely but I'm not even sure that would've mattered. One day I was in the PX (general store, whereas general means a wide variety of everything). I was looking at the games on the shelf and noticed they had a pile of the Gamecube Zelda's collector's editions. I'm talking, like 40+. ABove the pile was a sign saying "Free". I asked the sales-person if they really were free and she told me they were and I could take as many as I wanted. Me being stupid and not as crazy as I am today, I only took one. I could've walked out of their with all of them and I think about how much I could've made if I had known how much they would eventually sell for.

[quote name='moop2001']This one kills me to this day:

I was based in Okinawa on one of the military bases. At the time, I wasn't really following the gaming scene too closely but I'm not even sure that would've mattered. One day I was in the PX (general store, whereas general means a wide variety of everything). I was looking at the games on the shelf and noticed they had a pile of the Gamecube Zelda's collector's editions. I'm talking, like 40+. ABove the pile was a sign saying "Free". I asked the sales-person if they really were free and she told me they were and I could take as many as I wanted. Me being stupid and not as crazy as I am today, I only took one. I could've walked out of their with all of them and I think about how much I could've made if I had known how much they would eventually sell for.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is nuts!

My way of getting thisw isn't so dramatic. Got it last year off Goozex for 400 points. (about $20) with an instant trade. It is now up around 650 or 700 I think.

Nice. I found it this past summer at a yardsale for $2. Snatched it up, had a friend sell it for me over ebay because I'm lazy. Still, made a $20 from it yesterday when I got around to visiting him.

I wouldn't necessarily call the game rare, its not scarce by any stretch, but since Gamestop has determined it to be worth $40, the internet has followed that and the price has stuck. I'm pretty sure every GS in the US has at least one copy of this game, a rare game would not be like that at all.

In any case, I got mine for free with a $20 subscription to Nintendo Power (that I was going to buy anyways). I'd imagine the stack of games at the previous poster's PX store were excess stock donated by Nintendo to the troops after the Nintendo Power promotion ended.

bread's done
Back