Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary

Did this game have a single player mode? Was it a regular Zelda game with an overworld and dungeons and weapons, etc.?

[quote name='Javery']Did this game have a single player mode? Was it a regular Zelda game with an overworld and dungeons and weapons, etc.?[/QUOTE]

A single player mode - along with some new multiplayer maps, including retro themed NES/GB levels - were added in.

A shame there's no online. Nintendo needs to create a firm solely devoted to that and get on the ball.

[quote name='Strell']A single player mode - along with some new multiplayer maps, including retro themed NES/GB levels - were added in.

A shame there's no online. Nintendo needs to create a firm solely devoted to that and get on the ball.[/QUOTE]

Is it any good? This is the only "proper" zelda I have never even played.

I couldn't ever get people around to play it; we'd just go play Smash Bros instead.

So I dunno. It's a free download either way.

I owned it on the GBA, but could only play A Link To The Past. Pretty excited that I can finally play this. The GC sequel was awesome.

I know two people with 3DS, hell if they would play this game. I wish Nintendo made this an online title so they can say hey look we are pushing for online :cry:

Was super excited for this, but now that I've got it and found out there is no Online multiplayer I'm very disappointed, I don't know any one locally that has a 3DS yet.. oh well at least its free.... But I rather play the GameCube or GBA version :/

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I know two people with 3DS, hell if they would play this game. I wish Nintendo made this an online title so they can say hey look we are pushing for online :cry:[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of former Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi's infamous 2000 statement:

"There are people who are in fact enjoying Internet games, and I'm sure they are enjoying them, but in the end, this is a fad thing."

Agree that I'm excited to play this finally, but wish it had online multiplayer since I would have 2 comrads to play this with.

I'm honestly content with just being able to play it. I fully expect a new Four Swords game to come out and have online though. Just like New Super Mario Bros. Mii...

I know it's not going to happen

Damn, after clearing this with the silver keys I realized that GREZZO handled porting duties. Safe to assume they're going to become the official Zelda porting house?

I guess so. I think we'll see Majora's Mask 3D at some point, maybe even Wind Waker (But I'd only want that if they put back in the cut content).

I beat the Fire Temple, so all I have left is the Water Temple now.

^I didn't know there was cut content in Wind Waker?! I might have to look that up. Anyway, this offer has me regretting not picking up a DSi or 3DS (especially when the price dropped before the free virtual console games were announced).

I might jump on a DSi XL eventually maybe by January. Never actually finished the Gamecube version of this, played single player then got stuck somewhere and gave up.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^I didn't know there was cut content in Wind Waker?! I might have to look that up. Anyway, this offer has me regretting not picking up a DSi or 3DS (especially when the price dropped before the free virtual console games were announced).

I might jump on a DSi XL eventually maybe by January. Never actually finished the Gamecube version of this, played single player then got stuck somewhere and gave up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 2 dungeons were cut out entirely, namely the Water Temple (#3). I forgot what the other one was, but I know there were 2 cut.

EDIT: Beat it, the Last Dungeon is kind of easy, although you can tackle it 3 different times, presumably with a different colored partner in Single Player.

I tried the
LttP level of the Realm of Memories (Red Link) and man...that level sucks. It's the same gimmick over and over again, which is step on a switch, fight 3 waves of enemies that with a difficulty curve over and over. I got to the 3rd Area and just stopped.
I wish I could save my progress because I know that when I go back I'll have to start from scratch. Sigh...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Is it possible to move game to the SD card and play it from there? I noticed it only downloads to the system memory.[/QUOTE]

yeah i noticed that too, im hoping in the event I need to make space one day it doesn't stop me from redownloading the game again in the future.

[quote name='KingBroly']
I tried the
LttP level of the Realm of Memories (Red Link) and man...that level sucks. It's the same gimmick over and over again, which is step on a switch, fight 3 waves of enemies that with a difficulty curve over and over. I got to the 3rd Area and just stopped.
I wish I could save my progress because I know that when I go back I'll have to start from scratch. Sigh...[/QUOTE]

The other two Memories levels pushed all the right nostalgia buttons for me even though they, too, were a little heavy on the enemies. Does anyone know how to get the other keys to the doors in Vaati's palace?

edit: Just wanna say the Hero's challenge levels are absolute horseshit. Absolute fucking horseshit. Glad I finished them but there's no way I'll ever go back to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Is it possible to move game to the SD card and play it from there? I noticed it only downloads to the system memory.[/QUOTE]

DSiWare games are saved to the System Memory on 3DS. I don't think they can be moved, either.

If anyone cares I went back and finished up all of Vaati's palace. After beating Vaati you can go back and replay each of the 3 starting levels (tree, ice, fire) and if you get over 3K rupees you'll get the next set of keys. Beat the new Vaati level, then hit 5k on each of the 3 starting levels and unlock the last set of keys.

3 palaces, 3 retro levels, 3 hero doors, 3 Vaati levels. Quite a bit of content for a free title and I am pretty damn happy with it. However I am pretty jealous of those of you that are able to have local 4 player with this. I got so much more out of 4 swords on Gamecube that way.

I downloaded it, but never played it when it was out originally and haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Isn't it basically a Zelda roguelike? If so, wow... I might have to bump that up my backlog... You can only play multiplayer wireless with other 3DS owners, right?

Nah, it's not a roguelike at all. There's an overworld with selectable levels. Each level has three floors that play out with classic Zelda action but you're straight up solving puzzles to earn rupees.

Yes on the local wireless only. Kind of a bummer but since it's free I won't complain. I would be super pissed if I had bought this retail though.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Nah, it's not a roguelike at all. There's an overworld with selectable levels. Each level has three floors that play out with classic Zelda action but you're straight up solving puzzles to earn rupees.

Yes on the local wireless only. Kind of a bummer but since it's free I won't complain. I would be super pissed if I had bought this retail though.[/QUOTE]

Oh darn. Thanks for the clarification. That still sounds cool, but I've got a backlog so it'll have to wait for now.

What system was this for originally again? GBA, right? Or was it Gamecube?

The original Four Swords Adventure was released for Gamecube. Same general concept but completely different game with a narrative and a different final boss.

This particular version is, I believe, a fairly modified port of the Four Swords game included in the release of Link to the Past for GBA.

The Four Swords series was originally introduced in A Link to the Past for GBA. Then Four Sword Adventures came out on Gamecube.

OP, funny how you're like, "I can't believe there isn't a thread" and then follow up with a bad thread title. How about helping out the community and adding, "--Free Until Feb 2012" to the title.

i'm so glad i got this it was a nice free addition to my new used 3ds. too bad i dont know anyone with one locally cept for a sketchy gs employee

[quote name='Specter Fate']If I download this on my DSi, is there a way to transfer it to a 3DS once I eventually get one? lol[/QUOTE]

Yes!

bread's done
Back