legendary (x360) $3.49 shipped from nothing but software

Well, it's got a 47 metacritic...but who cares? It's half the price of a beer, cheaper than a frickin' latte.

How bad could it be? (Famous last words...)

[quote name='MrshllJcb']In for 1, thanks OP. I heard a complaint that the game relied on too many scripted events, but as long as theres a decent story it'll be well worth the $3.50[/QUOTE]

sounds like god of war.

Yep, seems to be dead. I did a search for Legendary and it showed as $3.49 on the list, but clicking the add to cart button on that screen shows it as $13.49 in the cart.

When you work 45 hours a week and have 2 kids... time is priceless... and time should be spent with quality games.

[quote name='oasisboy']When you work 45 hours a week and have 2 kids... time is priceless... and time should be spent with quality games.[/QUOTE]

This is my thing too. I work 40+ hours a week, I start school 3 nights a week this monday for 4 1/2 hours each night and my gf is preggo so I dont actually know when I'll get to play this game, but I figured I can list it on half for like $10 bucks until I play it so if it sells at least I made a few bucks off it instead of it sitting around forever.

I got my copy in the mail yesterday. Hopefully NBS has more deals like this.

I really don't know if I want to keep this game though, reviews are average and say it's "stupid fun" but I gotta enough on my plate now.

Says $13.49 on the webpage and when I add to cart. Mayhaps to be updating of the title for this thread?

[quote name='morrodox']Says $13.49 on the webpage and when I add to cart. Mayhaps to be updating of the title for this thread?[/QUOTE]

I second this motion.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I got my copy in the mail yesterday. Hopefully NBS has more deals like this.

I really don't know if I want to keep this game though, reviews are average and say it's "stupid fun" but I gotta enough on my plate now.[/QUOTE]

so what was the purpose of buying it? LOL

Impulse buy.

That and since then I found a bunch of Sega CD/32X games at a yard sale. Between that, Mortal Kombat, my usual training of Marvel 2 and Street Fighter 2/4 and whatever else grabs my attention for the moment, I just don't have the time to dedicate to the game.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']This is my thing too. I work 40+ hours a week, I start school 3 nights a week this monday for 4 1/2 hours each night and my gf is preggo so I dont actually know when I'll get to play this game, but I figured I can list it on half for like $10 bucks until I play it so if it sells at least I made a few bucks off it instead of it sitting around forever.[/QUOTE]

A whole 40 hours a week?! WOW you must have it hard!

You guys need to get realistic. I've worked various jobs getting 30-100 hours a week and still manage to play and beat games. Manage your time better and stop whining.

[quote name='gamesterx23']A whole 40 hours a week?! WOW you must have it hard!

You guys need to get realistic. I've worked various jobs getting 30-100 hours a week and still manage to play and beat games. Manage your time better and stop whining.[/QUOTE]

And you also had time to pat yourself on the back for shit that nobody cares about?

[quote name='morrodox']Says $13.49 on the webpage and when I add to cart. Mayhaps to be updating of the title for this thread?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fortunado']OP, Please tag this deal as DEAD. Thanks for posting it![/QUOTE]

This deal was a few days old already, it was just bumped by one of the people who got in on it to notify the rest of the quality of the product.

That being said i had missed it the other day too :( always was kinda of interested in this game but since ive heard it was shit never got it.

[quote name='fortunado']OP, Please tag this deal as DEAD. Thanks for posting it![/QUOTE]

ive tried but cant figure out how to change the thread title. i was hoping a mod would be able to do it but it hasnt happened yet. I did update the original post as beinging dead and it was announced a few times in the actual thread.

on a side note i got mine today. clearly used this time around. couple stickers that wont come off the case and paper cover. case was really jacked up to. busted in a few places and wont stay closed. it did come with the manual and the disk is fine so i dont really care. if i spent anymore money id be pissed though.

You guys need to get realistic. I've worked various jobs getting 30-100 hours a week and still manage to play and beat games. Manage your time better and stop whining.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you're full of shit about working 100 hours a week any time in your life, unless you consider being a professional asshole a job. Even if you ever had why would you come on here to make a douchebag post to someone who was only being agreeable?

btw, to actually contribute... I received my copy of the game today. Seems to be in great condition with the only crappy part about it (other than the game itself I am told) is that I got a copy with a big sticker on the front of the outer case (no biggie really)

30-100 hours eh? What was it 99.999% 30 hours and 1 week out of your life you worked 100 and that was when you were in Basic Training in the military or something?

Damn nutjob, get off our nuts.

Legendary is one of the worst games I've ever played. They shipped it to me, used, disk was pristine, case and booklet was in great shape. The game? Oh my, horrid.

Going to play it through on easy for the achievements though.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Legendary is one of the worst games I've ever played. They shipped it to me, used, disk was pristine, case and booklet was in great shape. The game? Oh my, horrid.

Going to play it through on easy for the achievements though.[/QUOTE]

Yah man, this game seriously blows. I just beat Bulletstorm so I put this in right after... big mistake. Did you keep moving even after you stop moving the joystick at all? Cause my character was floaty as hell. I had to stop playing after about 3 minutes to wait til I can get real F'd up before playing this, but I didnt expect much from this for $3.50 and the story seems semi-interesting

i tried it originally on hard and its nearly unplayable after about 30min. you get stuck on nearly everything so Im gonna restart on normal and hopefully its not so bad.

!#$#!@!@
Got my game today but the game is scratched and doesn't install
(I'm getting a "can't read this disc" error message).
ehhh.......Guess I need to ask for a replacement/refund.
Hopefully, they'll cover the return shipping.
Otherwise, I'll just trash the game and hit myself for being dumb.

I have yet to try it but my copy did arrive today, in pristine condition as well. I bought it knowing it was going to suck but I figured 3 bucks for a few achievements was worth it.

Got it today, and aside from the stickers on the case that will never, never come off.

Haven't played it yet though, am currently playing some fallout 3 and trying to work through that (man, oh man, is it a great game :))

Got my copy, two stickers on the back of the case which aren't coming off, disc with a few scratches, but it spun fine..

I don't know why all the hate for this game. I had no idea what this was going to be going into it (3rd person shooter, FPS, adventure..) so when I found out it was FPS, I was set. The game is not like Turning Point Liberty controlling and mechanics bad, the graphics and cut scenes are way better than, say, Alpha Protocol..those games are really bad. Legendary seemed fun for the first chapter I played. Seeing New York crumble around you is awesome, and whatever these mythical beasts are..I want to find out! plus, I got like 30 gs in that first 15 mins as well. I'll definitely be going back to it..

This is one of those "guilty pleasures" games for me. I know its not very good to say the least, but for some reason i enjoyed it quite a bit. I beat it about a year ago and had since traded it, but for 3.50ish i couldn't pass up adding it back to my collection. Story isn't bad, in my opinion this game is on par with a game like turok or AVP, of course I can understand others who say its terrible as well though.

Came in perfect condition.

As for expecting this game to be any good...well, I expected crap - so I wasn't disappointed. =)

It's better than crap. That's a win in my book.

[quote name='grimhope']This is one of those "guilty pleasures" games for me. I know its not very good to say the least, but for some reason i enjoyed it quite a bit. I beat it about a year ago and had since traded it, but for 3.50ish i couldn't pass up adding it back to my collection. Story isn't bad, in my opinion this game is on par with a game like turok or AVP, of course I can understand others who say its terrible as well though.[/QUOTE]

I always find myself drawn to those bargain bin games. You are guaranteed to get your moneys worth since you didn't pay much for it. I am probably the only person who still enjoys playing Superman.

Game looks and smells new. I would assume it was if it wasn't for the sharpee writing and stickers on the case.

bread's done
Back