LEGO Batman: The Videogame - Gen. Discussion & Info

Ok. For the person who asked the game does not support am ingame save system.
And how the hell do you beat mr. Freeze??? I thought this was supposed to be a kids game.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Ok. For the person who asked the game does not support am ingame save system.
And how the hell do you beat mr. Freeze??? I thought this was supposed to be a kids game.[/QUOTE]

As far as I remember you just hit him a few times, then he runs away. He then fills up the two containers with some lava or something. Using Robin wearing the magnetic shoes you walk up, press the switch, then some pieces will be available. Build the pieces to form a mine cart, push the cart, and the cart hits a switch that makes a huge block of ice fall on Freeze. Do it for both sides.

Then hit him some more. Done.

I think the game glitches for me because I did all that but I couldn't get anything to happen. I'm gonna have to try the whole level again tonite.

Anyone know how to pass "Flight of the bat" level. Im stuck flying around in circles and i dont know what to do. This oil taker is on fire and i cant get past it. Really, i have no idea.

Nevermind i got it. Damn this game can be confusing.

Yeah, I've been collecting a few. The thing is the toys do not have the same codes either, I thought like all the Batman ones would be one code, Robin another etc. It is different. Here are some I've gotten from them along with others I found.

Bruce Wayne - BDJ327
Police Van - MAC788
Yeti - NJL412
Penguin Minion - KJP748
Commissioner Gordon - DDP967

Nightwing - MVY759
Batigrl - JKR331
Security Guard - FLB946
Joker (Tropical - a.k.a The Killing Joke Joker) - CCB199
??? - XWP645 (I forgot...I think it's for the extra batarang shots)

Alfred - ZAQ637
Mad Hatter - JCA283
Poison Ivy Goon - GTB899
Robin Submarine - TTF453

Also, have you guys been playing this in co-op offline? I have been, but for example when I beat the 1st episode Hero and Villain only I got the achievement. I also seem to have that problem with the build 50 items one. I got the achievement but the 2nd player didn't...and I'm sure items have been over 50 since I've been letting them build everything I see.

The first episode was a blast to play through. The puzzles are fun and I love the way they incorporated suits to the puzzles. Wish this game was an online co-op though.

Just beat the game with heroes and villains. Not a bad game at all. Now im doing the fun part, playing each level over in free mode trying to get all the hidden junk i couldnt get before.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just beat the game with heroes and villains. Not a bad game at all. Now im doing the fun part, playing each level over in free mode trying to get all the hidden junk i couldnt get before.[/quote]
That's the best part of all the Lego games.

This game is very fun for all of you on the fence. I just beat the poison ivy level which was pretty easy and then I fell asleep playing the game not because the game sucks but because I was very tired.

[quote name='rileyandnick']Having a hard time trying to beat this level. Would appreciate is someone can walk me through this one. Thanks!!:D[/quote]

We have to know which level it is. :lol:

Just played through The Penguin's set of missions on the villains side, and I gotta say that they blow any of the heroes side missions away.

Ok, I am collecting all the items from the first episode and I need some help. There is one item (The one with the bat symbol that you need 10/10 in each level) that is located after this amount of poison in the second area (underneath where Robin gets his tech suit).

How do I get it? I went through the poison, talked to the man behind the ? sign as Riddler (or Mad Hatter since he seems to have the same results) and he opened up this room. The switch inside only opened one cell, with the studs, but the first two remained closed. What am I missing?

Rented this game, and find it enjoyable, if not difficult.

I must be retarded, because many of these puzzles have me looking up what little FAQs they have every 10 minutes.

Then again, I quit the original trilogy Star Wars on PS2 because of the bugs.

[quote name='2DMention']Rented this game, and find it enjoyable, if not difficult.

I must be retarded, because many of these puzzles have me looking up what little FAQs they have every 10 minutes.

Then again, I quit the original trilogy Star Wars on PS2 because of the bugs.[/quote]

Yeah i had a few spots that had me looking stuff up. Its definitely harder than lego indy.

The game is a little glitchy though. I have had the x10 batarangs not work for whatever reason. I was in a boss fight (free play) against Man-Bat and half way through he just disappeared so i had to quit the level. Also when you select Penguins smaller vehicle in the water levels (free mode) there is no picture in the circle that pops up above the vehicle. Oh and the eventual frozen screen that you get in every lego game.

I'm stuck on the riddler makes a withdrawl villian stage and I'm in a parking garage with 2 little red bumper cars and don't know what do to next.

Since this game is too new for a FAQ, there's scant information online. Any ideas??

[quote name='The 7th Number']The game is a little glitchy though. I have had the x10 batarangs not work for whatever reason. I was in a boss fight (free play) against Man-Bat and half way through he just disappeared so i had to quit the level. Also when you select Penguins smaller vehicle in the water levels (free mode) there is no picture in the circle that pops up above the vehicle. Oh and the eventual frozen screen that you get in every lego game.[/quote]

Ditto... I've been kind of surprised about the relatively unqualified praise for this game given its glitchiness. I've only had two boss battles that went off without a hitch. Can't get past the Man-Bat fight for the life of me because of the glitch you described -- tried about 5-6 times now but he keeps disappearing.

It's astonishing how Tt can't seem to fix bugs like this by now, given that this is in effect the 5th iteration of the series. Actually Batman is almost a backwards slide -- I had way less glitches in LSW: TCS. Doubtful they'll release a patch either.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm stuck on the riddler makes a withdrawl villian stage and I'm in a parking garage with 2 little red bumper cars and don't know what do to next.

Since this game is too new for a FAQ, there's scant information online. Any ideas??[/quote]

Use the strong man to move the big vehicle on the top of the screen.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Use the strong man to move the big vehicle on the top of the screen.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm stuck in the next part where you can mind control a guy in a cage. It looks like you can pull a level or something, but I can't get over there.

Blarg! I'm glad I only rented this game.

Would you guys consider this a rental or a keeper? I just restarted Gamefly but also have a bunch of store credit to burn. I'm itching to play this. Thoughts?

Game is super fun only negatives is online coop which is so stupid they went thru the trouble of making complete saga and it had online coop

[quote name='CouRageouS']Would you guys consider this a rental or a keeper? I just restarted Gamefly but also have a bunch of store credit to burn. I'm itching to play this. Thoughts?[/quote]

Depends, if you are a die hard batman fan, and think you would replay the game once you 100% it then i would buy it. But personally i think its only worth a rent.

I really like this game. It seems easier to get the studs compared to LSW (I haven't played Indiana Jones yet). The puzzles are fun as well. This game does suffer from the same crappy camera as the others though. I am glad there is only 1 achievement based on finishing an episode without dying.

[quote name='ufskenney']I really like this game. It seems easier to get the studs compared to LSW (I haven't played Indiana Jones yet). The puzzles are fun as well. This game does suffer from the same crappy camera as the others though. I am glad there is only 1 achievement based on finishing an episode without dying.[/quote]

Indy was incredibly easy to get studs.. I had wayyyyy more than I ever needed once I got the multiplier..

Just got it--haven't opened it yet.
When we play this game will we both get achievements? Like when we beat a chapter will we BOTH get it? I hated that in Lego Star Wars :(

[quote name='lilboo']Just got it--haven't opened it yet.
When we play this game will we both get achievements? Like when we beat a chapter will we BOTH get it? I hated that in Lego Star Wars :([/QUOTE]
When I played through with my girlfriend she didn't get the achievements for the hero chapters, but did for the villain ones.

I rented this game since I didn't think it would justify a buy...now I wish I would've just bought it. This game is incredibly fun. Are the other Lego games this fun?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Can you switch out Batman and Robin for Nightwing and Batgirl after you unlock them?[/QUOTE]

Only in the Freeplay mode. Story mode, you're locked to Batman and Robin.

-- Howard

[quote name='Jobbercho']When I played through with my girlfriend she didn't get the achievements for the hero chapters, but did for the villain ones.[/QUOTE]

In order to get the achievements, the second player has to be with you before you enter the stage. So if they press start once you start the first stage, they won't get the achievement. I believe that they should be able to get the achievement by just playing through the first stage again.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']I rented this game since I didn't think it would justify a buy...now I wish I would've just bought it. This game is incredibly fun. Are the other Lego games this fun?[/quote]
Lego games are the best - I recommend Indiana Jones and then Star Wars (they get better each time in my opinion).

love the game. I just beat the heroes side of the story and now I'm starting I. The villain side of the story. Some of the villains abilities are awesome especially clayface.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Also, have you guys been playing this in co-op offline? I have been, but for example when I beat the 1st episode Hero and Villain only I got the achievement. I also seem to have that problem with the build 50 items one. I got the achievement but the 2nd player didn't...and I'm sure items have been over 50 since I've been letting them build everything I see.[/quote]

My wife and I had the same problem. I got the build 50 achievement even though SHE was the one that building during the achievement ding.

Co-op achievements for all of the Lego games have been haphazard.

I just got the game yesterday, didn't get a chance to play much. Are there unlockable costumes for each character? Also are any other heroes from DC in there as unlockables? A long while back I read in GI that Superman would show up.

No DC characters just Batman, Robin and all the normal Batman characters. Some will unlock alternate outfits but not all. Game was alot of fun I picked it up on saturday with my rental pass and took it back yesterday beating it and unlocking about 80% and about 800 achievement points. I was tempted to finish up the rest real fast after I found about the cheats not affecting achievements but I am lazy and wanted to check out NBA 2K9 before they were all rented out.

EDIT: oh yea and Wayne Manor (bonus level) is NOT fun. Haha that thing was a pain in the ass I kept missing one freaking stud and when I finally found it I was pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished it this weekend and really enjoyed the game. I'm not sure if the other Lego games have this, but there is a quit and save option so you don't have to play an entire level if you just need to find 1 more item. Find it and just quit and save back to the batcave.

[quote name='$hady']No DC characters just Batman, Robin and all the normal Batman characters. Some will unlock alternate outfits but not all. Game was alot of fun I picked it up on saturday with my rental pass and took it back yesterday beating it and unlocking about 80% and about 800 achievement points. I was tempted to finish up the rest real fast after I found about the cheats not affecting achievements but I am lazy and wanted to check out NBA 2K9 before they were all rented out.

EDIT: oh yea and Wayne Manor (bonus level) is NOT fun. Haha that thing was a pain in the ass I kept missing one freaking stud and when I finally found it I was pissed.[/quote]

I liked Cat Womans classic suit. And yes, Wayne Manor was horrible compared to the other lego games final unlockable levels. Felt like they just slapped something together.

[quote name='Will']Is it just me or was this game too short? At least it felt like it to me.[/quote]

To me it felt like the lego game that lasted the longest. They usually only have 3 episodes, this game has 6. Then going back through to find the rest of the things. Yeah felt like it was longer than SW or Indy.

This is just great. I've been playing it the past couple days. I have it from Gamefly but I think I want to own it. I'll probably just finish up the main game before sending it back then do all the unlockables when it goes on sale one day.

[quote name='The 7th Number']To me it felt like the lego game that lasted the longest. They usually only have 3 episodes, this game has 6. Then going back through to find the rest of the things. Yeah felt like it was longer than SW or Indy.[/quote]

Indeed. It felt like the longest, as well (obviously, if you don't count TCS, considering it's two games).

bread's done
Back