LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anybody is a member at TnB, you can vote for your favorite holiday MOC here:

http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4494

Mine is the winter candy shop :)

[quote name='elessar123']Do you guys actually build them and display them, or just collect them sealed?[/QUOTE]

I build and display pretty much everything I get. I'm running out of room now though so I'm going to have to take them apart to make room for more. The ones that will definitely stay built are the Green Grocer and the Taj Mahal.

That said, when is enough enough? Don't get me wrong, I would love to keep buying sets, but I don't have time or space anymore to build them. I haven't bought a set in a while now and I've only bought one real set this year - Diagon Alley. I have a bunch of unopened sets too so adding to the pile seems like a waste.

You need to buy 3 from one series and two from another. I have no clue why.

I'm sure your candy shop will win something, it's really nice. And I'm in the same place as you, I'd love to buy everything. I just don't have the time anymore.

The candy shop is quite nice, the church too. My Junkyard Christmas MOC is getting no love on TnB :D I don't think my odd sense of humor translates to others very well...

[quote name='bigdaddy']You need to buy 3 from one series and two from another. I have no clue why. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, then you pay almost $5 shipping and wipe out any savings you may have had.

I wonder if it's available in store? Anyone try yet?

[quote name='lordopus99']You got all 3 of my points as I thought yours really fell in line with the Winter series so far. Nice job on it.

Just curious... did you just reuse pieces from other winter sets or did you buy pieces exclusively for this?[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! I think about half of the parts are from the Harry Potter Shrieking Shack. Then I grabbed a few from the Town Plan, Diagon Alley, and some of the random parts I had laying around from PaB purchases. I didn't have to buy any parts to build it.

Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to build the toy shop and bakery and make a winter village set up :)

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah, then you pay almost $5 shipping and wipe out any savings you may have had.

I wonder if it's available in store? Anyone try yet?[/QUOTE]

when i was at target last night *feeling for the pie* a guy told me they were selling them at the local TRU 5 for $10. i didn't see it with my own eyes.

encendido, LOVE your winter candy shop!

sydra, i thought the junkyard was funny! good job!

Fire Brigade is IN STOCK and working with the b1g1 50% off on TRU right now. It won't let you buy more than one, but it's there to combine with something else.

Found this on slickdeals, thought I'd pass it along

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3656590

Using BOGO 50% off, save 40-50% on select Lego City sets at Target.com on orders over $70 - FS w/ Red Card Combining the $7 off $70 deal (see r e t a i l m e n o t . c o m) + BOGO 50% off deal Target has on some already discounted Lego City sets + 5% off w/ Red Card results in some really nice deals!

Here are a couple of examples on the Bank and City Corner:

http://www.target.com/p/LEGO-City...A-11240767

http://www.target.com/p/LEGO-City...A-13046561

order summary
(2 items - City Bank + City Corner)

item subtotal: $90.78
promotion discounts: -$27.76
REDcard rewards: -$3.15
shipping: $7.60
shipping discount: -$7.60
Estimated Tax $4.05

your price: $63.92 - That's 45% off City Corner (reg $60) and 40% off the Bank (reg $50) after taxes

#######################################################################
#######################################################################

order summary
(2 items - City Corner + City Corner)

item subtotal: $91.58
promotion discounts: -$28.15
REDcard rewards: -$3.17
shipping: $7.83
shipping discount: -$7.83
Estimated Tax $4.09
redeem another promo code

your price: $64.35 - That's 46% off City Corner (reg $60) after taxes

[quote name='TheHelix']Went to 2 Costcos today and no dice on the $24.97 mini Hogwarts. Wish I had the money for a $74.97 Republic Frigate.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever come up to Riverside? I wouldn't mind picking one up for you if you would like.

I haven't, that has been up for a little while now, along with another set and the $18 mega figures. I say 3 weeks before LEGO has to lower the price on them.

I'm happy with the prices TRU has for the sets, they are shockingly low besides the lame $10 set.

So, is the MINIFIGURE deal TRU is having 5 for $10 a good deal? My daughter just got into LEGO's, and I was debating on getting her some figures.

[quote name='doubledown']So, is the MINIFIGURE deal TRU is having 5 for $10 a good deal? My daughter just got into LEGO's, and I was debating on getting her some figures.[/QUOTE]

It's decent. Normal price is $2.99. If you have it shipped it kills your savings, though.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']It's decent. Normal price is $2.99. If you have it shipped it kills your savings, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to do IN STORE pickup. Just seems pricey for a little figure.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, I was going to do IN STORE pickup. Just seems pricey for a little figure.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Newbies....

:booty:

Yeah it's a good deal, LEGOs are not anywhere close to cheap.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Lego City TRU Truck is half off again today.[/QUOTE]

And there is a BOGO50% going on. If your store has more than one copy left might be worth a try.

[quote name='doubledown']So, is the MINIFIGURE deal TRU is having 5 for $10 a good deal? My daughter just got into LEGO's, and I was debating on getting her some figures.[/QUOTE]

How old is your daughter?

The blind-bag experience can be frustrating for small children. She might be totally uninterested in the figure she gets. A better deal can be to wait for the small sets to be on sale and pick them up; they will have bricks, something to build and a few figures. It often works out to be a much better price for "people" to play with.

Rite Aid has these shitty no-name brands for BOGO this week. I mean they're shit, but hey if your buying em for a 2-3 year old what do they know right?

Does anyone know what's the deal with AWD pricing? They have some recent sets priced way too high. The older sets they have are just as expensive as eBay. I thought we were supposed to get "reduced" prices in the warehouse?

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Does anyone know what's the deal with AWD pricing? They have some recent sets priced way too high. The older sets they have are just as expensive as eBay. I thought we were supposed to get "reduced" prices in the warehouse?[/QUOTE]

It's really been bugging me too! I've bought a few sets from them over the past year or so, and their prices used to be a mark down from the original MSRP of the set. Now it seems that their "reduced" price is a mark down from whatever the lowest price a third party seller has...which is usually vastly inflated. So, so annoying. No more AWD's for me, unless they return to their previous pricing policy.

[quote name='cassidyarch']I finally bit on the Boba Fett minifig clock. Amazon has it for $23. Doesn't ship until January.[/QUOTE]

FYI - These are showing up at Wal-Marts now for only $19.99 I believe.

[quote name='TheHelix']Just when I thought my lego spending was done, I find the Black Pearl for 49.98.[/QUOTE]

Um, was there a second one? I'd pay $50 for out, since I already bought Queen Anne's Revenge.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Congratulations to a certain someone here who won a Winter Post Office!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks bigdaddy and everybody that voted! I was pretty excited when I got the email from TnB.

There's a similar contest on eurobricks to expand the winter village, but I don't think I'll have time to build something else. That and I don't think I can be that creative again :lol:

[quote name='TheHelix']Just when I thought my lego spending was done, I find the Black Pearl for 49.98.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, where? I literally just ordered one on Amazon for $89.97 but have time to cancel. Shame on me for not checking the boards first, I guess.

Found the Atlantis Undersea Explorer on clearance at my target today. Only 15% off right now, but I'm keeping my eye on it. That will go great with the Exploration HQ I got for $18 from Kmart last week.

Was the Black Pearl on clearance? That is the one set my son wants for Christmas, and have been looking for a deal.

[quote name='cusm']Was the Black Pearl on clearance? That is the one set my son wants for Christmas, and have been looking for a deal.[/QUOTE]

Yep it was clearance.

[quote name='TheHelix']Whoops forgot to tell you: bought at Target. Saw two on lunch, so one left at my local store.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had your target :cry:

I only picked it up from TRU when it was on sale and they had that bogo offer, with the coupon code 15 off.

picking it up half the cost would be heavenly.

[quote name='TheHelix']Yep it was clearance.[/QUOTE]

There were 6 of them at my Target, but they weren't on clearance yet. :whistle2:(

The last two years the Targets around here started Lego clearance the Thursday before Christmas. I saw a few new toy clearance today but no Legos.

I bet I'll see the Pearl on clearance after the return period has ended for the one I bought at TRU! Doesn't matter though as this is the one set my son really wants for Christmas so I couldn't risk waiting for a better deal and missing out on it.

[quote name='TheHelix']Another Target had PQ Scorpion Pyramid TPCed to 64.98 and lego watches on clearance for 11.xx[/QUOTE]

Which one had the Black Pearl though?

I was able to get the Marina and exclusive Bank from Target for a total of $65 during their City BOGO50% sale (came out to about 35% off each). The Bank was already on sale, and the Marina was supposed to be $50 but I smooth-talked the lovely cashier down to this weeks online price of $40 (thus making it $20 with the BOGO). Damn I'm good ;)

[quote name='elessar123']Which Target?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what part of So Cal you're from. But I checked a few stores out in the San Fernando Valley, and none had it on clearance.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Does anyone know what's the deal with AWD pricing? They have some recent sets priced way too high. The older sets they have are just as expensive as eBay. I thought we were supposed to get "reduced" prices in the warehouse?[/QUOTE]

Warehouse Deals USED to have reduced prices on everything to the point that there were serious STEALS on OOP/rare older books, videogames, Legos toys etc. you name it, until a year or two ago when they figured out that some dipshits out there would pay market price for the stuff.

So then you had rare/high value PS1, SNES, N64 and other systems' games that used to be dirt cheap and well below market value, shoot to market value and sometimes well over market value. Same thing happened with anything and everything they could get away with it on.

[quote name='TheHelix']Whoops forgot to tell you: bought at Target. Saw two on lunch, so one left at my local store.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck, quit teasing us and tell us which Target please! There are a bunch of us in SoCal LOL.

[quote name='karkyco']Holy fuck, quit teasing us and tell us which Target please! There are a bunch of us in SoCal LOL.[/QUOTE]

It's gone, and no I didn't pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back