LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know those are preliminary but I'm highly disappointed with those new sets. Good thing though because I don't have room for new sets anyway :lol:

LOTR Shelob Attack is the highlight set for me. Frodo, Sam, & a tiny little Smeagol are the only minifigs I'd like; LEGO already released a near-perfect LEGOlas and Gimli in the minifigure blindpacks (elf & dark dwarf respectively).

Anyone get a VIP Lego Christmas card?

Looks really nice.... I'll see if I can upload it

img0185mv.th.jpg

Full image

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xycury']Anyone get a VIP Lego Christmas card?

Looks really nice.... I'll see if I can upload it

[/QUOTE]

Nice. We received our employee gifts this weekend. TLG gave us a set of four printed glasses in a nice "Book" inspired packaging. I'll update with a picture later this evening.

[quote name='aunt beast']wampa's back in stock[/QUOTE]

Thanks....having second thoughts now. It would be more for me than my kids at this point....and it would probably just sit in a box.

I really like the Monster Fighter stuff. Especially the Ghost Train.

Wish it was modern day Ghostbusting especially since we just visited this era with Paroh's Quest - but hey, I'll take what I can get when it comes to paranormal defense.

Oh man, that Ninjago Samurai Mech. Awesome.

Looks like City is making a dip back to boring construction, but at least they have a theme around it.

glad to see a normal City Advent. This years advent, hosted by G4's Cops was sad.

Monster Fighters seems like Time Cruisers mixed in with the Hollywood sets, and it seems maybe some CMF rejects? Seems like maybe some back series gets their own sets too, seen the mad scientist and maybe Dracula/vampire & Frankenstein monster.

Thanks for posting the videos!

I think I'll be poor after Monster fighters, that castle is nice.

No zombie love in Monster Fighters; not interested.

Does anyone else think that the small truck at the end of the city vid just looks like a rehash of the utility truck that's in the regular fire line right now?

[quote name='aunt beast']LEGO group tweeted that LOTR does not mean the end of the kingdoms line and "castle will continue in 2012"[/QUOTE]
Called it.

Well slap me around and call me Susan. :wall: Shit! I spend the weekend away from the internet with my folks and look what happens - I miss out on all these great Target and Amazon deals. I really needed the Freeco, Palpy Shuttle and Plo Koon ships too! Damn you lucky bastards! ;)

Lord of the Rings LEGO? meh. I prefer generic fantasy/castle. They should have just done a collectible minifig LOTR case assortment.
Back to the Future? I saw them headed that way with the Town Plan a few years ago. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was that it looked like the Hill Valley Clock Tower plaza. If they do a sweet ass time machine and some Part III western sets, I'm in. Actually, what a great way to bring the Western theme back (or at least test the retail waters with such a theme). We need some nice sets to go with the cowboy and indian minifigs from last year. And while they're at it, a large scale Creator classic 80's DeLorean DMC-12 featuring opening gull wing doors would rock.

[quote name='aunt beast']LEGO group tweeted that LOTR does not mean the end of the kingdoms line and "castle will continue in 2012"[/QUOTE]

Thank gods.

I wish there was a way they could make GI Joe Lego. The possibilities of sets would be endless and the mini-figs would rock.

yeah...they did a nice job on the mini-figs for the Transformers, but the bots/vehicles were so-so IMO. The custom ones some brickers make are far superior IMO

Lego rocks. Lowes gave us nothing.

And there is a video of the summer creator sets, by the same guy as all the others.

[quote name='El Rey']Really waiting to see some pics or at least here some new info on the 2012 Creator sets[/QUOTE]

A blue beach house/bungalo...blah.

Anyone know where I can pick up an Ice Dragon Attack without paying outrageous ebay/amazon marketplace prices? I live in RI and the local stores (Kmart, Target, TRU, Walmart) all seem to be sold out. I had ordered one from TRU, but they cancelled it. I am guessing that this set is now discontinued... Online, it appears that a lot of Shopkos have it, but they look like a MI/WI store...a bit too far to drive!

[quote name='fizicyst']Anyone know where I can pick up an Ice Dragon Attack without paying outrageous ebay/amazon marketplace prices? I live in RI and the local stores (Kmart, Target, TRU, Walmart) all seem to be sold out. I had ordered one from TRU, but they cancelled it. I am guessing that this set is now discontinued... Online, it appears that a lot of Shopkos have it, but they look like a MI/WI store...a bit too far to drive![/QUOTE]

I'm in AZ and we have a grocery store chain called Fry's Marketplace that carries a decent selection of "real" toys including Legos (not your cheap typical grocery store selection). I know as of last week they still had plenty of Ice Dragon Attack Sets and they are usually slow to sell out of the discontinued sets and bring in the new ones. I doubt you have a Fry's but maybe a regional equivalent you could check out...If not, I can try and pick one up for you if you are willing to pay cost plus shipping.

amazon has set 7325-1: Cursed Cobra Statue on sale for $18.04, free shipping with prime, msrp is 29.99 (40% off)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B004478GLU

other deals:

london escape #4193 - $36.09 (msrp = 49.99, 28% off)

pharaoh’s quest rise of the sphinx 7326 - $33.24 (msrp = 49.99, 34% off)

world racers desert of destruction 8864 - $59.98 (msrp = 89.99, 33% off)

geonosian starfighter 7959 - $23.08 (msrp 34.99, 34% off)

and some other lego at least 25% off here

(note: the only msrp i found that was inflated was tokyo pit stop 8206 $11.99 - they have msrp $16.99, it's really $14.99 according to brickset)

No B Wing? I'm gonna get Desert Skiff though. Lando minifig ftw.

Anywho, my Heroes of the Deep/Glove World bundle came today at Walmart and their site to store was horribly understaffed. What should've been a 2 minute job was almost 20. I know it's the holidays but damn.

Still got my $5 VIP credit and 10% coupon for the Lego store too.

So I got my new Lego catalog and they have a picture of that new and giant jousting set. It's so pretty...says that it'll be available December 26th, I am so bugging my local Lego store to see if they get it in on Monday. If they do, I know where I'm going before work!

I wonder if these 10 percent off coupons stack...?

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']So I got my new Lego catalog and they have a picture of that new and giant jousting set. It's so pretty...says that it'll be available December 26th, I am so bugging my local Lego store to see if they get it in on Monday. If they do, I know where I'm going before work!

I wonder if these 10 percent off coupons stack...?[/QUOTE]

I asked my nearest store and they said they're expecting them Tuesday (Monday is a shipping truck driver holiday or some such).

The fine print on the coupons reads "Limit one coupon per transaction."

Does anyone remember about what time S@H put their sets on clearance last year? I'm hoping for clearance on a train set or some Castle sets. I do remember that it was Christmas Eve some time, then Lego stores had a lot of clearance the day after Christmas.

[quote name='postureking']Does anyone remember about what time S@H put their sets on clearance last year? I'm hoping for clearance on a train set or some Castle sets. I do remember that it was Christmas Eve some time, then Lego stores had a lot of clearance the day after Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember exactly when it will begin, but I heard the clearance in-store is only starting at 20%. Last year it was 30%.

Yeah the Toys N Bricks guy that saw the list said there will be disappointment with this one.

Though I haven't seen the catalog I have heard things like the Fire Brigade appear in it. Safe to say not part of the clearance.

You guys might want to check your Target stores. No major clearance discounts yet (mostly 15% and 30% at best so far at least in SoCal), but I saw a bunch of new sets clearanced. One store also had the Black Pearl now priced in the system at $29.98 :hot:, so I will give it a shot attempting a return/rebuy on the 2 I picked up. If any of you are feeling lucky, you could try picking one up at full price at one store and attempting a return/rebuy via "I'd like to change payment type" method at a store that has it on clearance. I'm hoping they clearance the Queen Ann, as one store has a dozen of them.:D

The large boat hauler, marina, and bank set I saw on clearance, also this year's Advent Calendars (both city and Star Wars), a bunch of random stuff really - various Ninjago sets from the small spinner sets to the dojos, it was a different set of clearance sets at every store. Every store was different (went to 3 this morning) in terms of clearance items.

Also finally saw the Lego DC sets, at least the Batman Batmobile versus TwoFace and Batcave sets. Very nice.

My nephew got the Cars 2 Jet Plane Escape as another christmas present, in addition to Battle for Naboo and Atlantis HQ Exploration.

the legoshop.com sale makes no sense to me. half of the items aren't even listed anymore and the rest aren't in the sale section.

I got...

The big Atlantis set, the squid one, and the TS3 garbage playset thing, and the TS3 train.

I just ordered 5 mummy battlepacks ($3.48) and then 5 of the big pyramid game ($3.98) shipped and every thing for $46.xx. I suggest ordering now because that's insane. $4 for baseplates and all those bricks? I was only going to order 2 of each, then I tried to keep it under $25 to save $2, then I went screw it and bought 5, figuring that makes a good size square for a baseplate, and if not my little cousin likes LEGOs and my mom will buy them off me to give to him.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I just ordered 5 mummy battlepacks ($3.48) and then 5 of the big pyramid game ($3.98) shipped and every thing for $46.xx. I suggest ordering now because that's insane.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing these out. I missed them when looking through the deals. Bought five of the Ramses set and a mummy set. Talked myself down from ordering a ton simply because it's such a great deal.

Wal-Mart has marked down more sets (in store only):
2505 Garmadon's Fortress 34.90
4643 Power Boat 19.90
4840 The Burrow 29.90
7868 Mace Windu's Starfighter 19.90
8484 Ultimate Lightning McQueen 14.90
Mini Creator Sets 2.90
Cars Basic Sets (Mater, Lightning McQueen) 3.40
7306 Golden Staff Guardians 4.90
7327 Scorpion Pyramid 49.90

Also picked up:
7985 City of Atlantis 34.90
7188 King's Carriage Ambush 19.90
7189 Mill Village Raid 34.90
8097 Slave I 39.90

Essentially all Pharoah's Quest, some Harry Potter (Quidditch Match, The Burrow, and Freeing Dobby), and old NinjaGo sets were 50% off. Lots of others also on clearance. I went to two stores, one had fewer sets with the prices marked; the other did not have the prices marked but they scanned at the prices listed above.

[quote name='postureking']Wal-Mart has marked down more sets (in store only):

7868 Mace Windu's Starfighter 19.90

QUOTE]
Nice, that is the price I would pay for Mace's ship...now to find it!

Last year I was trapped in the house and couldn't make it out to the Lego store for their clearance...this year I'm free but the sale sucks, figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back