LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer. no series 4 at my store this week.

Better grab those TRU polybags while they are out there. They are supposed to be free with purchase items in a couple weeks.

Next weeks sale

30% off
Duplo Bricks & More Large Brick Box
Atlantis Exploration HQ
City Police Boat
City Police Station
Atlantis Angler Attack
Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid
Pharaoh's Quest Flying Mummy Attack
Ninjago Ice Dragon Attack
Ninjago Garmadon's Dark Fortress

All other sets are also on sale, I'm guessing the usual 10% on everything else.

I found Series 4 at Fred Meyer this morning. They had 8 boxes out. I had to feel up a whole bunch, but I walked out with exactly what I wanted for the time being. I put the geisha's head in the hazmat suit. I thought it was, if anything, appropriate. She looks pretty good in there.

[quote name='skiizim']Will check this weekend then, I always have luck at this Target. This one always seems to get all the polys all the time. How many do you want? Also, they might still have the Castle Archers if you want those too.[/QUOTE]

If you have them, and thanks to your lucky Target...

I'll take 3 of each. Should be 3.49 right?

6 x 3.49 = 21 roughly, plus shipping 3-5 and what you'll charge for a "handling fee" :D

you should be able to shove them in a letter size envelope and ship for not too much.

I would name our next dog after you if you do! :cool:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh, forgot to mention that I found polybags at Walmart today as well. They had X-Wings, Tie Fighters, and the Atlantis mini-sub.[/QUOTE]

At WM? Interesting. I've never seen polybags at WM. Did you find them in the LEGO section or easter section or a random spot? Price?

I'm gonna be mad as hell if they jack up the Pharaoh's Quest prices. Some of the smaller sets are still MSRP.

I did get the Attack Shuttle and Flying Skeleton polybags today. Also seconding my curiosity on Walmart polybags.

[quote name='TheHelix']I'm gonna be mad as hell if they jack up the Pharaoh's Quest prices. Some of the smaller sets are still MSRP.

I did get the Attack Shuttle and Flying Skeleton polybags today. Also seconding my curiosity on Walmart polybags.[/QUOTE]

I know I saw the pyramid jacked up to $110 yesterday... that's the only thing my eye caught though.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']At WM? Interesting. I've never seen polybags at WM. Did you find them in the LEGO section or easter section or a random spot? Price?[/QUOTE]

$3.97, I was quite surprised to see them as well.

They were on one of those endcap/sidecap sections in toys. Its the end of the aisle that is a separate section but larger than the usual sidecaps.

[quote name='Xiaan']I found Series 4 at Fred Meyer this morning. They had 8 boxes out. I had to feel up a whole bunch, but I walked out with exactly what I wanted for the time being. I put the geisha's head in the hazmat suit. I thought it was, if anything, appropriate. She looks pretty good in there.[/QUOTE]

That's more boxes than I have ever seen of all the series combined. :lol:

Oh... that's not funny... :cry:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']$3.97, I was quite surprised to see them as well.

They were on one of those endcap/sidecap sections in toys. Its the end of the aisle that is a separate section but larger than the usual sidecaps.[/QUOTE]

I did find the series 3 minifigs and some of the boxed mini sets on an endcap at Walmart the other day, but no polybags. Still looking for a TIE Fighter.

[quote name='Xiaan']I found Series 4 at Fred Meyer this morning. They had 8 boxes out. I had to feel up a whole bunch, but I walked out with exactly what I wanted for the time being. I put the geisha's head in the hazmat suit. I thought it was, if anything, appropriate. She looks pretty good in there.[/QUOTE]
I tried Fred Meyer just now, and no luck. I'd love to find that many cases though, get everything I want all at once.

I was quite surprised to see 8 boxes. But I was more surprised to see them at that particular Fred Meyer. I've reliably gotten series 1-3 from only one other FM near me (within 25 miles 'near' anyway) but had never previously seen the minifigures from any series at the FM I visited today.

[quote name='xycury']6 x 3.49 = 21 roughly, plus shipping 3-5 and what you'll charge for a "handling fee" :D[/QUOTE]

All the polybag's I've bought here at Targets are $3.99 + 8.75% tax!

EDIT: Are the skeleton choppers also from Target or somewhere else?

[quote name='skiizim']All the polybag's I've bought here at Targets are $3.99 + 8.75% tax!

EDIT: Are the skeleton choppers also from Target or somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

Skeleton choppers are at TRU.

[quote name='skiizim']All the polybag's I've bought here at Targets are $3.99 + 8.75% tax!

There are cities in San Diego county that charge 9.75% tax, including the TRU where I bought the polybags, because the TRU in San Diego proper is crap.

Yeah, the taxes here in California are getting out of control and before everybody says their sales tax is almost the same. The taxes on everything else are getting out of control, a city nearby is going to start raising prices on water usage 51% and sewer by 27%, hopefully the townsfolk stand up for themselves.

Yikes really?!

that stinks, only SW gets the 3.99 treatment, the other ones were priced at 3.49.

And I forgot about Tax... !

Ok, if you can get me 2 of each... then shipping/tax/handling, let me know.

2 skeleton choppers and 2 archers.

With the sale starting at TRU, don't forget to use thoese 5 off 25 coupons that they gave out in late Feb, it's in the card size pamplet at the registers.

No dice on any Skeleton Choppers, X-Wings, TIE Fighters, Archers, or Series 4. I did manage to get the Republic Attack Shuttle polybag, a 30070 Toy Story Alien Space Ship polybag, and some Series 3 on sale while at TRU, though.

The only polybag that's $3.99 in my area is the SW one, but tax here is 9.25%. I'm curious to know if 30080: Ninja Glider will be available here in the states. I definitely want a bunch of those.

I read somewhere that CMF 4 is showing on Target's price checkers, so hopefully we'll be seeing them soon. Since it's not planned for the Easter section, I'm guessing they're just going to place them with all the other regular LEGO sets or either place them up front by the registers or with the sports and pokemon cards.

[quote name='180husher']Series 1 one was in the Target system too, but they never showed up on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here, if they don't have a shelf placement, I doubt I'll see them.

Target would never put these in the toy section I'm betting... they are forever a holiday item :(

[quote name='180husher']Here's to hoping they put series 4 on sale with free shipping tonight on TRU.com...I'll have to bite if they do.[/QUOTE]

Well if you order enough for $75, it's free...

But 30% off 2.99... i might have to bite too.

Again, I wish I didn't have to resort to buying them online. TRU never has these in stock, and if so, they have been picked clean, then it's a mad dash for what's left and it isn't much.

[quote name='180husher']Those asshats put everything on sale except for series 4.:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ouch. I was ready to go back with receipt in hand to get the sale. Boo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy']What a shock, TRU sucks!

However the minifigures would have only been 10% off, not 30%.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I need that 10% with the free shipping and not spending precious gas money driving around hunting for them...plus I can use my paypal money to buy them so my wife won't yell at me.;)

Besides TRU.com usually pulls the old "running out of stock at midnight" stunt to avoid us getting good sales deals.

Edit: I just called the 800 number and the rep just lowered the price on my order to $2.66 a piece with free shipping. I couldn't use paypal over the phone so I'll just have to do some creative accounting before the wife sees the bill.

I also had to read the reviews for Series 3 because I noticed it only got 3 outta 5 stars as an average review. Turns out a bunch of people gave it 1 star because they thought they were going to get all 16 figs in the picture for $2.99.:dunce::dunce::dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up an Ice Dragon Attack, Bone Copter, Knuckal spinner set, and exclusive Ninjago card at TRU for only $21.12 + tax.

That's after the percent discounts, plus I had a $5 off $25 coupon...and the card was free with any Ninjago purchase.

I told myself I wasn't going to get any of the blister pack sets (since $10 is ridiculous), but after discounts I can just pretend I paid retail for the Ice Dragon, and got the spinner set for free (and the polybag for $1.12). Pretty much just wanted the gold axe heads (the gold bone is kinda cool, though I can't imagine what other use it would have). The purple/gray spinner is interesting too...but I doubt I'll get much use out of it except for when I see my nephew (who seems to really enjoy the Ninjago stuff).

I never realized it before, but the skeletons have different arms in the blister sets than the regular sets...the blister sets have arms which allow them to hold weapons out at their side, while the regular sets have arms which allow them to hold the weapons upright...makes sense, I guess.

(BEGIN SEMI-OFF TOPIC RANTING)
Finally, why the hell is toysrus.com shipping so slow? Maybe I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime, but I ordered some Series 4 figs on Thursday at 9:45 AM EST, and they haven't shipped yet. And it's like this any time I buy from them. I understand not shipping out same day, but there's no reason a major retailer can't ship out the next business day. The worst part, which I may have mentioned before, is that it seems like everything I've ordered ships out of their warehouse in Columbus which is an hour away. It spends more time preparing to be shipped than it does in transit. Plus, since they use that awful "UPS/FEDEX picks it up, hands it to USPS, and they deliver it!" service, it takes a day longer than it really should.
(END RANT)

Speaking of Series 4 figs, my Kroger and Walmart did not list them in the system when I scanned a sample barcode. TRU did obviously, as did Target. The scanner at Target listed them as "LEGO SERIES4 MINIFIGURE SIDEK" and their DPCI was 204-00-0463. I have no idea what the "SIDEK" part means...

Sidecaps are on the sides of aisles. End caps are on the front and backs of aisles. Most advertised merch is put on endcaps. Bust a cap is what you do when El Hoardo buys all the Legos on clearance.

Just got home from Freddies in Bellingham. They had 1 open box of about 40 Series 4. I bought ten, they were $2.99 each, not sure if they were on sale or not. I haven't really been keeping track of the minifig phenomenon. I just buy some when I see them.

I got: (2) Wolfmen
(2) Punk Rocker
(1) Geisha
(1) Garden Gnome
(1) Hockey Player
(1) Soccer Player (?)
(1) Frankenstein
(1) Sailor

I went on a little LEGO adventure this weekend. Visited the Lego Store and got the last of the Series 3 MiniFigs I wanted. I hit the local Target and Wal Mart as well and grabbed some polybag stuff.

Since I got into this MiniFig scene last weekend, I missed out on Series one and two. I found five pouches of Series 2 MiniFigs online and three arrived on Saturday. I got Maracas Guy, Pharroh and Disco Guy. I wanted that afro so that was a relief. Maracas Guy is much cooler in hand than on paper and he came with a third maraca. Bonus! Pharroh was a complete miss for me but I'm glad I found any Series 2 stuff at all.

Do you guys have a reliable source for series 1&2 Minifigs? I just want a couple of characters from each series.

For people who have Five Belows (if you don't know, you don't have 'em), their ad this week has Series 2 and 3 for $2.99 each.

@Broseph, you can try bricklink or eBay.

I picked up an angler fish and the ice dragon from TRU today not a bad price for those sets.

Also does anybody have the sku for the bone chopper?

Star wars battle packs are on temporary price cut at my target. I saw the rebels, geonosians, and orange clone troopers for 10 bucks each.

[quote name='TheHelix']Star wars battle packs are on temporary price cut at my target. I saw the rebels, geonosians, and orange clone troopers for 10 bucks each.[/QUOTE]

The price they should be in the first place!

[quote name='skiizim']@broseph, you can try bricklink or ebay.

I picked up an angler fish and the ice dragon from tru today not a bad price for those sets.

Also does anybody have the sku for the bone chopper?[/quote]

[quote name='skiizim']@Broseph, you can try bricklink or eBay.

I picked up an angler fish and the ice dragon from TRU today not a bad price for those sets.

Also does anybody have the sku for the bone chopper?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, the Ice Dragon and the Angler Fish are great, that's what I picked up too.

With the $5 off 25, it was only $24 for both.

I did find a Turbo sub at walmart for 13. Oldie, but I like the shark guy.

I return/rebought the Pyramid I got awhile ago for 20% off... then I used the 5 off 25 too again, saved another $16.

Overall not too bad, with the savings, I managed to pick up another 2 for only $9.

I think I'm done for now... I really don't want any more sets, except for that last Atlantis Temple one, and then all the Summer sets coming out.

Apparently there is an Exclusive minifigure Captain Jack with the reservation of the game Lego PotC . With all the Jack's in each of the sets, how "unique" will this one be?

Wish I had more of those $5 off $25 coupons. Did anyone notice their TRU having more of them at the registers? I didn't look last time I was there. Maybe I'll try swinging by and perusing the register area. Struck out again looking for Series 4 and X-Wing and TIE Fighter polybags tonight. Oh well. I like that Angler Attack and PQ bi-plane set, too.

Also a sidenote:
I just got around to building my 8037 Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter. When I opened the box the very first polybag I pulled out was open and empty (uh-oh). After dumping all the parts out and making sure I got all the loose ones out of the box, I took a quick inventory and found I was missing both lightsabers and lightsaber hilts, but seemed to have everything else. I took a good look at the box and noticed someone had carefully removed the Lego tape used to hold the box shut and replaced it with scotch tape. You can even see the glue marks from the original tape. Why in the world would someone only take the lightsabers and not the minifigs is anyone's guess, but everything else was there. Also, the little missile launcher has some serious power behind it.

That always bugs me, I buy so many Lego sets and then just stash them. I always look at the tape and shake the box but I always have that feeling in the back of my mind.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Why in the world would someone only take the lightsabers and not the minifigs is anyone's guess, but everything else was there.[/QUOTE]

This is why every single piece in kids toys is tied down, locked up, and super glued onto the box. Kid loses piece, parent (or the kid) wants to replace it without rebuying original toy, so they steal it from same toy in store.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me because any AFOL would just buy the replacment parts in this case. Or, like you said, steal the mini-figs too.

I went to the Lego store the other day and they still had a pile of minifigs from series 3. Wierd. Guess we won't have to worry about never finding series 4 or anything.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I went to the Lego store the other day and they still had a pile of minifigs from series 3. Wierd. Guess we won't have to worry about never finding series 4 or anything.[/QUOTE]
Logic says that if series 1 and 2 were scarce (Due to some manufacturing issue, If I recall, and a misunderstanding of demand), and 3 is abundant, then 4 should be abundant as well. Though, the bumpcodes on the ones I found this weekend were so faint that you'd have to really look to find them. Lego may be trying harder to make these "random"

Though, with the same contents in every box, the word loses its meaning.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I went to the Lego store the other day and they still had a pile of minifigs from series 3. Wierd. Guess we won't have to worry about never finding series 4 or anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my Lego store still had plenty of series 3 too. One of the employees told me they still had a bunch of them in back as well, so I'm less worried about finding Series 4...

[quote name='salty tbone']For people who have Five Belows (if you don't know, you don't have 'em), their ad this week has Series 2 and 3 for $2.99 each.[/QUOTE]

Not true. There is one 30 minutes away tops and I just found that out.

Amazon, and walmart have the TS3 garbage set for $29. I don't remember if I said that before.

The TS train is still $49.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Not true. There is one 30 minutes away tops and I just found that out.

Amazon, and walmart have the TS3 garbage set for $29. I don't remember if I said that before.

The TS train is still $49.[/QUOTE]

Shoot, I got very excited that it was the TS3 garbage truck set that was $29, which I never found for half off at the Lego Store and is the only TS3 Lego set I'm missing, but it's the trash compactor set for $29.

The police station and pharoah's pyramid are $77 each. The Slave I is $62. If you're not paying tax and with free ship, those deals aren't terrible.

[quote name='karkyco']Shoot, I got very excited that it was the TS3 garbage truck set that was $29, which I never found for half off at the Lego Store and is the only TS3 Lego set I'm missing, but it's the trash compactor set for $29.

The police station and pharoah's pyramid are $77 each. The Slave I is $62. If you're not paying tax and with free ship, those deals aren't terrible.[/QUOTE]

You all might want to check your local walmarts clearance section. I just found the TS3 train set for $20 there.

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']Logic says that if series 1 and 2 were scarce (Due to some manufacturing issue, If I recall, and a misunderstanding of demand), and 3 is abundant, then 4 should be abundant as well. Though, the bumpcodes on the ones I found this weekend were so faint that you'd have to really look to find them. Lego may be trying harder to make these "random"

Though, with the same contents in every box, the word loses its meaning.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that they haven't changed packaging to like an Egg or box.

If TLG wanted to be cruel jerks, it can get much worse.

The box set, half of a case, though is what I'm still banking on, that and returns to TRU. I can't find these things anywhere....

[quote name='TheGame2K5']You all might want to check your local walmarts clearance section. I just found the TS3 train set for $20 there.[/QUOTE]

Mine had the $50 IJ plane chase set on clearance for.......

$50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back