LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='boneless']I was looking for the artist for my son and we just gave up after about 30 packages which was about half. I was trying to feel for the palette. Maybe I try again and check the braille.[/QUOTE]

Feel for the brush instead.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Feel for the brush instead.[/QUOTE]

Agreed here, the brush is kinda unique, feels like a personal massager. ;)

[quote name='TheHelix']Lego Universe is going to become free-to-play...well it should've been in the first place based on the reviews.[/QUOTE]

oh that's exciting, I might fire mine up again to do the new content.... though I wonder what the cash shop might look like if they make one.

It can't be breaking even without some money going in... somehow.

Honestly the subscription model should have started out at 4.95, with discounts at 6 and 12 months.... make it like 2-3 bucks a month for the year, and the game/client should have been free. You first buy a month's worth.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Should have felt more. I have 30ish minifigures and only made one mistake because I was in z rush.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Feel for the brush instead.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xycury']Agreed here, the brush is kinda unique, feels like a personal massager. ;)[/QUOTE]

Got it. I'll sit in the lotus position next to the display and concentrate with my eyes closed. :lol:

[quote name='TheHelix']Lego Universe is going to become free-to-play...well it should've been in the first place based on the reviews.[/QUOTE]

No it's not.

There will be a free to play section of the game, but the full game will still cost money.

And it should be $5 a month or $50 a year and you should be able to use your free VIP points on it.

Found Series 4 minifigs on clearance at a Target for $2.05. YMMV of course since other stores near me sold out and never restocked weeks ago.

I try the feeling method and am terrible, so I just bought a bunch hoping I get the ones I want. I admire the people who are that tactile. I can pick out the obvious ones (Geisha girl), but most others are beyond me.

[quote name='salty tbone']Found Series 4 minifigs on clearance at a Target for $2.05. YMMV of course since other stores near me sold out and never restocked weeks ago.

I try the feeling method and am terrible, so I just bought a bunch hoping I get the ones I want. I admire the people who are that tactile. I can pick out the obvious ones (Geisha girl), but most others are beyond me.[/QUOTE]

I usaully help people at TRU find them. I think it's easy to tell, but I guess not.

Thank god because I can't tell the bumps for the life of me.

[quote name='salty tbone']Found Series 4 minifigs on clearance at a Target for $2.05. YMMV of course since other stores near me sold out and never restocked weeks ago.

I try the feeling method and am terrible, so I just bought a bunch hoping I get the ones I want. I admire the people who are that tactile. I can pick out the obvious ones (Geisha girl), but most others are beyond me.[/QUOTE]

I was fortunate to hit Target when they just released them out of the box on the endcap. They were gone by the next week and no restock at all.

as for the figures, they are all easy this time around, just annoying to hunt for just the 1 out of say 55 other bags......

[quote name='prim4444']This Friday & Saturday at TRU.

Buy 2 get the 3rd 90% off. Don't know the exclusions yet if any.[/QUOTE]

They can't just have a B2G1? :lol:

TRU one day sale for 6/23

20% off an item coupon (doesn't exclude toys, yay)
B1G1 50% off Lego City
B1G1 Free Batteries

I will pick up Forbidden Forest if there is no TRU tax.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Anyone have set 6243 NIB they wouldn't mind selling or trading for?[/QUOTE]

what do you have for trade?

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Sorry to say it, but those are much more appealing to me than Bionicle or Hero Factory.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with that, I wish they designed them to actually transform instead of needing to rebuild. (Even though that goes against the nature of a block system;) I won't buy them based on that. Before I realized that, I went happily nuts for 10 seconds.

There are some MOCs that can actually transform and those designs should have been licensed.

[quote name='voidedx']While I agree with that, I wish they designed them to actually transform instead of needing to rebuild. (Even though that goes against the nature of a block system;) I won't buy them based on that. Before I realized that, I went happily nuts for 10 seconds.

There are some MOCs that can actually transform and those designs should have been licensed.[/QUOTE]

Agree, calling these transformers are a bit like calling those RPMs by Hot Wheels transformers.

If they even thought about design to transform instead of rebuild, my interest would have peaked enough to try and recreate it in Lego form (since they did all the work :cool: )

So, I finally got around to opening a set I purchased during the TRU B1G1 50%... and one of the instruction booklets is missing, as are ALL of the minifigs.

Upon further inspection, you could tell someone lifted up the tape and just stuck it back. Clearly someone took them in the store and put it back on the shelf. Are they going to give me any trouble tomorrow when I return it?

I'm so pissed.

[quote name='NCrush']So, I finally got around to opening a set I purchased during the TRU B1G1 50%... and one of the instruction booklets is missing, as are ALL of the minifigs.

Upon further inspection, you could tell someone lifted up the tape and just stuck it back. Clearly someone took them in the store and put it back on the shelf. Are they going to give me any trouble tomorrow when I return it?

I'm so pissed.[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't. It happens quite a bit.

I'm positive they don't have the set in stock for a straight exchange. But I'm hoping they still let me take advantage of the 50% off so I can get something else for the same "value".

I may have to really plead my case on that one.

[quote name='NCrush']I'm positive they don't have the set in stock for a straight exchange. But I'm hoping they still let me take advantage of the 50% off so I can get something else for the same "value".

I may have to really plead my case on that one.[/QUOTE]

You may have trouble trading it for something other than the original set but you never know. Just bought a game there a couple days ago and all the disks were gone. factory sealed and everything. brought it back in and they exchanged it for the same game after opening it to confirm it had the disks in it.

I'm debating what I want from the TRU sale. I'm thinking the $20 alien and the kingdom set but I don't know what for the third. Or to get more minifigures or to pick up three $5 sets.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm debating what I want from the TRU sale. I'm thinking the $20 alien and the kingdom set but I don't know what for the third. Or to get more minifigures or to pick up three $5 sets.[/QUOTE]

You are thinking just like me. I think I am going to get the $20 alien and 2 of new $20 kingdoms sets to hopefully mod it to make a little bit bigget structure. I may just splurge and get the jester, and wizard impulse sets to go with another similiary priced set.I am curious to see if this sale will stack with the 25% off clearance that someone posted about on toysnbricks.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']You may have trouble trading it for something other than the original set but you never know. Just bought a game there a couple days ago and all the disks were gone. factory sealed and everything. brought it back in and they exchanged it for the same game after opening it to confirm it had the disks in it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, then I may have a problem. Cause I know for a fact they are out of stock of the item. Unless they can order another one for me? I'm not sure.

[quote name='bigtaco55']You are thinking just like me. I think I am going to get the $20 alien and 2 of new $20 kingdoms sets to hopefully mod it to make a little bit bigget structure. I may just splurge and get the jester, and wizard impulse sets to go with another similiary priced set.I am curious to see if this sale will stack with the 25% off clearance that someone posted about on toysnbricks.[/QUOTE]

My TRU had 25% off clearance. Now I wish that mobile crane was still $35 instead of $50-$60.

So I bought the alien set for $20 and the castle set for $2 and The Space Police truck getaway for $22.50. So after evening it out the price would be like $14.88 a piece and that's not bad at all.

Tomorrow I might got back to buy two-three $5 Alien Conquest sets.

While talking about somewhat quality Kreos knock-offs, my kid made me purchase some 'official Nintendo' mario karts sets made by K-nex. Wow, those things are awful. Stay far away. I hate Nintendo's choices with some of their 'official' merchandise sometimes. My kid is hooked on their merchandise, so he doesn't quite understand my argument.

[quote name='bigdaddy']There are four Heroica board games, it's a series and not just a set.

Also all Lego board games are 25% off this week.[/QUOTE]

Picked up the smallest of the four sets this week and I cannot recommend it more. I had read some complaints about the rule set being too simple, but I think that is the beauty, you can expand and alter the rules to create very complex scenarios. Plus my 5 year old picked it up right away and loves it. We changed this up to work more as a co-op game. I can't wait to get the rest of the series or build out my own Game of Thrones ruleset. Seriously this is a very cool series of games.

I found three Power Miner Titanium Rigs (8964) at TRU that were marked 69.98. After the 25% and current B2g1 90% off promo, worked out to be about $37 a set. Not too bad. So the clearance discount and current promo do stack, for those with enough time to take advantage.

I went back to TRU last night and bought another $5 boat and two more $5 AC sets. Does anyone here have the moon buggy or the PQ $5 set? I'm wondering what everyones view of those are.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I went back to TRU last night and bought another $5 boat and two more $5 AC sets. Does anyone here have the moon buggy or the PQ $5 set? I'm wondering what everyones view of those are.[/QUOTE]

I have the moon buggy. For $5 its pretty straight forward. I am a space nut so I got it next to tne Shuttle Adventure set and it looks like part of it. Worth it imo

Toys R Us is doing Buy 1 Get 1 50% off again (a few exclusions this time; Pirates, Star Wars, and Alien Conquest).

Note this promotion does combine with the Toys R US 20% Lego Cars deal.

For instance you get two 8679 Toyko International Circuit (reg 89.99). It comes out to 53.99/set. That's 40% off.

[quote name='prayformojo']Picked up the smallest of the four sets this week and I cannot recommend it more. I had read some complaints about the rule set being too simple, but I think that is the beauty, you can expand and alter the rules to create very complex scenarios. Plus my 5 year old picked it up right away and loves it. We changed this up to work more as a co-op game. I can't wait to get the rest of the series or build out my own Game of Thrones ruleset. Seriously this is a very cool series of games.[/QUOTE]

I picked all 4 sets from this and it is amazing. The customization for the playing fields and rules are without end. We played Co-op and then played some PVP. Our 10 year old began her own campaign series as well.

Also pieces from other Lego board games like Minotaurus and Pirates Cove make awesome additions. We've also made aquaducts and used the small and large spruce trees for a huge forest.

The games are rather likened to Hero Quest from Milton Bradley, and the item and relic cards work awesome with Heroica.

Honestly I cannot recommend this series enough to anyone.

I have no intention of using the board games as games...but a few copies of Minotaurus made a nice hedge maze for my castle and some of the other ones have some really nice parts too (Though a bit overpriced when not part of a hefty sale).

Heh, my Castle setup is currently under attack from an army of the tiny orcs from the board games led by a normal sized one with a whip.

[quote name='Licasguy']I picked all 4 sets from this and it is amazing. The customization for the playing fields and rules are without end. We played Co-op and then played some PVP. Our 10 year old began her own campaign series as well.

Also pieces from other Lego board games like Minotaurus and Pirates Cove make awesome additions. We've also made aquaducts and used the small and large spruce trees for a huge forest.

The games are rather likened to Hero Quest from Milton Bradley, and the item and relic cards work awesome with Heroica.

Honestly I cannot recommend this series enough to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Right there with you, picked up the forest set today, we have all kinds of custom rules already, on the Draida Bay set, we have to capture the crystal and then the goblins all reset on the board and we have to make it back to the ship. Another variant has the main bad guy absorbing our life as we get damaged (add the red life cones to the top of his head) which gives him more hit points. It does seem like the only limitation is your imagination, corny I know, but true. Grabbed some scorpions to use from our Egypt sets and the other games do appear to have great microfigs that could be used to broaden the game. If handled right, Lego could be on a gold mine with this concept.

Just returned from TRU picked up Cars Tokyo Grand Prix and Atlantis Temple for $110 after discounts and coupons, also received a free Lighting McQueen Car and Lego Hero Factory Notebook.

[quote name='lordopus99']Toys R Us is doing Buy 1 Get 1 50% off again (a few exclusions this time; Pirates, Star Wars, and Alien Conquest).

Note this promotion does combine with the Toys R US 20% Lego Cars deal.

For instance you get two 8679 Toyko International Circuit (reg 89.99). It comes out to 53.99/set. That's 40% off.[/QUOTE]

Can't get the bogo50% to work for me online....it only gives me the discount if I add 3 sets to my cart. B2go50% not so much of a deal......hopefully they fix the site so that it works soon.

[quote name='BlueMoonUSA']Can't get the bogo50% to work for me online....it only gives me the discount if I add 3 sets to my cart. B2go50% not so much of a deal......hopefully they fix the site so that it works soon.[/QUOTE] Are you sure your not adding a set that is excluded from the sale, i.e. Pirates, Star Wars, Alien Conquest.

[quote name='prayformojo']How long will that BOGO50% be active?[/QUOTE]

I didn't check the dates when I was in the store but if your worried just call a store and I'm sure they can answer for you.

EDIT: I just checked the email I received this morning and its good till 7/2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back