LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cassidyarch']Has anyone seen any NEWER sets at a Kmart? I've yet to see new Kingdoms or Alien Conquest in any Kmarts. Mine just barely got Cars and POTC.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I saw Alien Conquest stuff in mine (the medium size sets only). They were on a different aisle.

[quote name='cassidyarch']I didn't see the paper ad. Kmart has been doing 30-50% sales on clearance toys throughout the summer. What goes into the clearance aisle seems to vary from store to store.

Has anyone seen any NEWER sets at a Kmart? I've yet to see new Kingdoms or Alien Conquest in any Kmarts. Mine just barely got Cars and POTC.[/QUOTE]

So far that's where mine is. They are like 4 months behind everyone else.

I just seen they had an alien conquest, but nothing about the new Kingdoms sets.

They had 2 PotC sets.

The entire lego section is only about 1/3 of the isle, about 6 feet. it's so sad.

I like my kmart only when they have these 50 off deals, it's the only chance I get since the closest Targets are an hour away, and my TRU sucks for anything clearence.

Picked up a HP Dobby set for $4 and 2 Battle of Naboo sets for $9.50 each at my local Kmart. Both had shelf tags that had regular price on it and neither were marked clearance. Are most people finding their sets as being marked as clearance?

Picked up a freeco speeder and an ARC for about 35.xx. HP, PQ, and city sets reported were regular price. Really hoping to score a passenger plane.

I scanned a few at Kmart just to check, but everything marked full price ran up full price. There were some sets in the clearance aisle and some sets marked down in the LEGO section--both qualified for the clearance price.

I spoke too soon...had some luch at two, slightly further away K-Mart stores. Picked up a Passenger Plane for $15 and, more importantly, a Hogwarts Express for $30 (all the bags accounted for too!). Scanned the big Hogwarts Castle hoping it would be on clearance...no such luck.

Also saw some Ninjago spinner sets for $3.50 (not worthwhile since I already have the figs and I have little use for more spinners) and a ton of those Atlantis Scorpion thingies that I passed on. Nothing else worth mentioning.

Speaking of K-Mart stores having new sets, my local K-Mart which typically is really slow in getting new sets in, has most of the August Ninjago releases out, which is the first B&M store I've seen that has them.

I hope to check another KMart tomorrow evening. I wish I had more to choose from, but there are only three in my area and they are all 30 mins away in opposite directions.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']I'd say sell it on Amazon for just a bit under the current rate (So yours is the cheapest, but not by a huge amount), buy your kid $100 worth of legos and use the $200 to buy yourself a gift.[/QUOTE]

I went with Amazon. Thought about trying Craigslist but decided against it. Cheapest on Amazon was $369.99 (ebay's cheapest was like $325 or something) so I went with $300. Maybe should have gone more, but I didn't want to get too greedy (the idea of selling something I bought for $12.50 for $300 is still numbing to me) Hopefully it moves quickly.

Thanks for the tips/advice.

[quote name='El Rey']Hmm, anyone tried to see if this stacks with the buy one get one half off promo?[/QUOTE]

Tried it last weekend. No, you can't double dip. One offer or the other. :cold:

[quote name='El Rey']Hmm, anyone tried to see if this stacks with the buy one get one half off promo?[/QUOTE]

It should work, I do it all the time.

[quote name='lordopus99']Tried it last weekend. No, you can't double dip. One offer or the other. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Did the register deny the coupon or did the employee just tell you you couldn't use it?

[quote name='prim4444']
Did the register deny the coupon or did the employee just tell you you couldn't use it?[/QUOTE]
The system. It would only do the B1G150%. The 20% one item only would work if you pulled off one of the two items. If you attempted to add the second item back the 20% would wipe out. I had him show me the results on the register.

Thanks for all Kmart posts guys. I picked up an extra Hogwart's Express today for $30 at Kmart because it wasn't marked. Also grabbed the Tower Rescue for $18, and a couple of Star Wars battle packs for $4.50. Only set I scanned that I don't think has been reported here was Grievious's ship for $18.50.

Picked up some hogwarts trains, apple tree houses, the burrow sets if any one is interested in a trade for the bigger toy story sets(western train, woodys roundup, garbage truck, trash compactor) or something of equal retail value.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bought gateway of the squid for 1.99 (yes 1.99)
angler attack 7.50
Seabed strides 3.50
Deep sea striker 7.50
World racers jagged jaws reef 7.50
2 hoth wampa caves for 15.00 apiece

[quote name='mmercer13']Bought gateway of the squid for 1.99 (yes 1.99)
angler attack 7.50
Seabed strides 3.50
Deep sea striker 7.50
World racers jagged jaws reef 7.50
2 hoth wampa caves for 15.00 apiece[/QUOTE]

Well done sir :applause: :applause:

Went to 2 other kmarts today.
Scored:
SW Snowtrooper set
SW Rebel set
SW Mandalorian set
SW Clone Trooper set X 2
City Seaplane
Passenger plane
Deep sea striker
World racers jagged jaws reef
Toy Story Lotso
Police Minifigure set
POTC Captains Cabin
Seabed Strider
Space Police Raid VPR
PQ Flying Mummy Attack

Best find was: Hero Factory Dropship for $1.49

Kmarts on Murfreesboro Rd and Donelson Pike in Nashville, TN

Picked up

Burrow for 22.50
Hogwarts Express for 30
SP3 Smash and Grab for 1.99 :D

No cheap passenger planes or PQ sets though.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Went to 2 other kmarts today.
Scored:
SW Snowtrooper set
SW Rebel set
SW Mandalorian set
SW Clone Trooper set X 2
City Seaplane
Passenger plane
Deep sea striker
World racers jagged jaws reef
Toy Story Lotso
Police Minifigure set
POTC Captains Cabin
Seabed Strider
Space Police Raid VPR
PQ Flying Mummy Attack

Best find was: Hero Factory Dropship for $1.49

Kmarts on Murfreesboro Rd and Donelson Pike in Nashville, TN[/QUOTE]

Good job. All those sets were on clearance?

My wife didn't know about mine...until fucking Kmart emailed the receipt to the house...stupid Kmart rewards program.

Didn't even think to price check the two PotC sets I saw...dang.

[quote name='180husher']My wife didn't know about mine...until fucking Kmart emailed the receipt to the house...stupid Kmart rewards program.

Didn't even think to price check the two PotC sets I saw...dang.[/QUOTE]

The Kmart I went to was out of Captain's Cabin. I think I'll make one more Kmart run before the week ends.

[quote name='jbz']I price checked several things and nothing. You guys are lucky![/QUOTE]

Keep checking. My experience is that kmarts are very random on when the markdowns are taken and on what items. i have one kmart by me that has almost every set that is suppose to be on clearance but they are still retail.

:lol: at the wife comments

I went back today and the sets I left behind were cleared out. The 8 or so Freeco speeders, the 2 Arc ships, and Buzz's ship all gone. I price checked Dobby, the Passenger Plane, and the Mandalorian set, but they were still full price. That's probably why they were still there. I'm glad I was able to snag the HP sets.

I also appreciate the wife comments. My only saving grace was that I made all of my purchases on a gift card I got for returning a few things.

Saw this on another forum... Do you really need 20?!?!

I was able to snag a few more sets at 50% off at my local targets:

-7949 Prison Carriage Rescue for $5.48 (grabbed the 20 they had left)
-4867 Hogwarts for $25 (they only had 1 left)

[quote name='encendido5']Saw this on another forum... Do you really need 20?!?![/QUOTE]

I don't really get it, but I guess if you're an ebay seller *any* profit is good.
I saw a guy last week that was basically taking everything that was 50% off, regardless of its size or price. He must've had at least 10 of the smaller kingdom sets, and a ton of other stuff. He was grabbing Legos, and his female friend was clearing the rest of the Toy sections.

I tried to rationalize it, but I couldn't. So, you buy it at 50% msrp. You sell it at say 20-30% off msrp on Ebay. After their fees, you're looking at little to no profit (especially on the smaller sets).

I think in the last year I have picked up 10 of the prison carriage rescue sets. Around Christmas when B&N had b2g1 on toys plus coupons that stacked, and now with the Target clearance, it was an easy way to pick up a few more knight minifigs. Throw in that you get the unicorn helmet thing for the horse and it was a great way to add some useful pieces for my castle/kingdoms setup.

I get finding an expensive set at a good price grabbing 1-2 more than you'd want for yourself for having your hobby pay for itself. I don't do it but I can rationalize it.

Beyond that, trying to make money by flipping what are essentially children's toys is morally suspect. I mean, in that case, you're limiting the options of a kid coming in there to spend the $10 grandma gave for his birthday. Also, the kid is Oliver Twist and has no shoes.

[quote name='dragonjud']I don't really get it, but I guess if you're an ebay seller *any* profit is good.
I saw a guy last week that was basically taking everything that was 50% off, regardless of its size or price. He must've had at least 10 of the smaller kingdom sets, and a ton of other stuff. He was grabbing Legos, and his female friend was clearing the rest of the Toy sections.

I tried to rationalize it, but I couldn't. So, you buy it at 50% msrp. You sell it at say 20-30% off msrp on Ebay. After their fees, you're looking at little to no profit (especially on the smaller sets).[/QUOTE]

At a Target store closing (bigger one built a few blocks away) wife and I grabbed about 30 sets at one time. Most were 75% off clearance and other's 50% off MSRP.

Bigger sets we're using for birthday party/christmas gifts, and smaller sets we're going to give out as prizes for my son's birthday party.

Otherwise, I wouldn't take a chance on flipping.... even if they are Legos.

I actually bought one of the prison carriage sets for $8 bucks a few months ago.. i'm tempted to buy another one or two sets and build a larger-scale model since the design of the set is kind of neat, but it's just too small.

Was able to find a Wampa Cave at Kmart for $15 because it was on the shelf marked regular price. Also picked up a small pink bucket for $6 because, well, I don't know.

Also by pure luck found an Atlantis Gateway of the Squid for 1.99.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Smalls sets are great for army building not flipping.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the army building. When people buy a bunch of Lego sets, you can't always assume they're flipping them. I guess you can chastise them for hoarding, though.

Is there any chance anyone would be willing to part with one of the HP Train sets and/or Hagrid's Hut?

I'd pay for the full cost, shipping, etc. or would be willing to trade.

They closed all the K-marts around where we live.

I got these sets from KMart- LEGO Angler Attack, Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue, The Battle of Naboo. I really wanted the Harry Potter sets though.

Took a look ahead of tomorrow's possible Target drops, and was very disappointed. All the larger HP sets were gone. I'm hoping they were in the back getting re-tagged as they do often for clearance updates, but I'm not holding my breath.
Happy I'm getting at least the train set from another CAG.

Saw tons of City stuff still holding at 30%. Not really interested in anything, except the really large sets at 50-75% off, but that's a long shot. They usually only have 1 or two of those sets left as it is.

[quote name='dragonjud']Took a look ahead of tomorrow's possible Target drops, and was very disappointed. All the larger HP sets were gone. I'm hoping they were in the back getting re-tagged as they do often for clearance updates, but I'm not holding my breath.
Happy I'm getting at least the train set from another CAG.

Saw tons of City stuff still holding at 30%. Not really interested in anything, except the really large sets at 50-75% off, but that's a long shot. They usually only have 1 or two of those sets left as it is.[/QUOTE]

Is this standard Target practice to drop prices on Thursday? I bought some clearance stuff today at the 30% off mark.

[quote name='skiizim']My Kmart Haul,

[/QUOTE]

Just scanned the plane today at Kmart.......regular price. The Buzz ship was also regular price (I actually got one on clearance back in March at Kmart and now they're regular price). My Kmart looks like your's probably looked after you left it. Those are some great finds.

All the Star War sets I found were at one Kmart (went to 5 different ones) the sets were unmarked and there wasn't a price scanner I guess to my advantage so I kept on having to ask a near by clerk to price check everything. I didn't take all the SW sets though, did leave a few Plo Kloon Jedi Star Fighters. All the Kmart's I went to were all different in what they had on clearance, at one the Buzz Lightyear Starship was regular price, at another the Hero Factory Figures were $12 instead of $10.

[quote name='lostfan']Is this standard Target practice to drop prices on Thursday? I bought some clearance stuff today at the 30% off mark.[/QUOTE]

It's all very YMMV. Toys clearance 'usually' gets done on either Thursday or Friday. I know one local store that's very good at getting it done on time on Thursday. The other 2-3 stores, will usually get it done by Friday at some point. You basically have to acknowledge that you'll lose both time and gas, to try and get some of the more wanted items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back