LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to pick up the Jet Copter AC for only 19.

Seen WM had the Mill PotC too, for 19, but I think AC is more enjoyable.

if they sit around a bit longer, I may pick them up though.

oh and I counted.... my WM has 8 mf boxes of series 5. They are going to sit there FOREVER.

omg... they'll never pick up another series again. :(

I bought 2 minifig today at tru trying the feel method. I'm hoping I get the pink girl and the flamenco girl. My luck, probably the alien and liberty. I'll check tomorrow when my daughter opens them.

kind of felt like a creep since 6 tru employees asked me if I needed help

[quote name='xycury']
oh and I counted.... my WM has 8 mf boxes of series 5. They are going to sit there FOREVER.

omg... they'll never pick up another series again. :([/QUOTE]

I found some of these Series 5 minifigs on Walmart clearance/sale for $2. Maybe, that store will get smart and put those on clearance, too.

I was able to get the TRU discount of 30% off certain Lego star wars sets applied to any I wanted at target. Ymmv of course, but customer service ended up letting me get a bunch of sets at 30% off including the new ones. Got 1 each of the planet pods, droid escape, tie fighter, x wing and a millennium falcon. I wish this couldve been when they still had the clearance sets at half off.

Usually stores won't match % off, but sometimes you can get lucky at Walmart or target. Beats the ridiculous toys r us premium, not to mention only 4 or 5 of the sets are even 30% at TRU, the rest are 10% off.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Is it true that Toys R Us in store has a limit of two series six minifigures for $5?[/QUOTE]

There wasn't a limit at my local TRU. I was able to buy a bunch.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Is it true that Toys R Us in store has a limit of two series six minifigures for $5?[/QUOTE]

I bought 16.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I am so tempted to pick the Superman vs. Lex Luthor set at full price, and I NEVER buy LEGO sets at full price. Just seems like a really good deal at $20.[/QUOTE]
Coupons currently work on the newer set on BN.com. Here is a non member one for 20% off
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]U7K4X3B
Sure you have to pay shipping (unless you are a member) but it still comes out to less than full price. And that is a great set, with 2 must have minifigs.
[/FONT]

Well, I was 1 for 2 in my first attempt at trying to feel these out. One Flamenco girl and one Alien. If anyone has an extra pink rocket girl, I'll trade an Alien or a series 5 Boxer or Cavewoman.

I like the Alien, but my daughter was not too keen on it.

I would've tried harder, but the employees gave me looks....oh well.

[quote name='doubledown']I would've tried harder, but the employees gave me looks....oh well.[/QUOTE]

Tell them it's Valentine's, and you're just looking for a date.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I was 1 for 2 in my first attempt at trying to feel these out. One Flamenco girl and one Alien. If anyone has an extra pink rocket girl, I'll trade an Alien or a series 5 Boxer or Cavewoman.

I like the Alien, but my daughter was not too keen on it.

I would've tried harder, but the employees gave me looks....oh well.[/QUOTE]

When I see someone feeling for figures, I will actually stand there with them and help them out a bit, even go and bring out another box if we're running low.

[quote name='doubledown']

I would've tried harder, but the employees gave me looks....oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'm amazed that that adults care what people in a TRU think. That amazes me.

People come up to me and ask if I need anything, but they know exactly what I'm doing and don't think anything of it.

[quote name='prim4444']When I see someone feeling for figures, I will actually stand there with them and help them out a bit, even go and bring out another box if we're running low.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome!

In ours we had probably a group of 6 feeling up bags. All the employees kinda stayed away.

I don't think I posted this.... Wife wrapped me Brickley for xmas and she followed it up with Brickley jr for St. V. Day.

Definitely my Lego surprise of last year and now probably this year.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm amazed that that adults care what people in a TRU think. That amazes me.

People come up to me and ask if I need anything, but they know exactly what I'm doing and don't think anything of it.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the employees made me feel like a criminal....it was a weird vibe. Although, I saw another guy in Target doing it today. MAybe I'll try again for the pink girl....the things I do for my kids :)

[quote name='doubledown']Honestly, the employees made me feel like a criminal....it was a weird vibe. Although, I saw another guy in Target doing it today. MAybe I'll try again for the pink girl....the things I do for my kids :)[/QUOTE]

Lol, why? If you pick out the best apples, are you a criminal?

[quote name='doubledown']Honestly, the employees made me feel like a criminal....it was a weird vibe. Although, I saw another guy in Target doing it today. MAybe I'll try again for the pink girl....the things I do for my kids :)[/QUOTE]

I'd call up TRU corporate and tell them you had a negative experience and see if they give you something. :)

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Desert of Destruction 8864.

Has anyone seen a deal that beats Amazon's $70.63 price tag?

[quote name='Broseph']I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Desert of Destruction 8864.

Has anyone seen a deal that beats Amazon's $70.63 price tag?[/QUOTE]

I thought Amazon was selling this same set for ~$60 over a month ago. Maybe, you can find this at TJ Maxx?

[quote name='kk012']I thought Amazon was selling this same set for ~$60 over a month ago. Maybe, you can find this at TJ Maxx?[/QUOTE]

I actually looked up TJ Maxx last week. Had never heard of them until this thread. Turns out there's one a few minutes away.

I found a couple of roughed up Prince of Persia sets with no prices on them. A Cars 2 Tokyo Pit Stop also not priced. The only interesting thing (for me anyways) was an Atlantis 8060 for $10. I bought the massive Explorer HQ sub a couple of weeks ago for $35 and I have no interest in those other two themes so I left empty handed.

Always nice to have one more place to look though!

The cashiers at my TRU are bag-feeling experts. They keep the boxes at the help desk register. They helped me get a full set last Sunday afternoon.

My WALMART is killing me. They are flush with Harry Potter, Pirates, Alien Conquest, CARS, etc. that have NEVER gone on clearance. There's gotta be 48 Black Pearls on a back row endcapper. I've made a weekly trip since the holidays, no dice.

I bought the last nine series 6 minifigures I needed, plus another Roman soldier to get the deal. While I was there some ~20 year old guy (not bad looking ;)) was feeling up a few bags, he wanted robots. I wish I asked for his email, there isn't a lot of chances to run into YAFOLs around here.

There were 6 boxes, three picked over and three new ones. I had no problem feeling up the bags, the employers even asked if it was that easy to find them by feeling, and the other guy they have dots but they change too much so feeling it is best. (I'd like to feel something of his.... ummm.... nevermind...)

I really like the series, the sleepy guy is so cute, the doctor is awesome, space girl, robot, meet guy, all really nice.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I bought the last nine series 6 minifigures I needed, plus another Roman soldier to get the deal. While I was there some ~20 year old guy (not bad looking ;)) was feeling up a few bags, he wanted robots. I wish I asked for his email, there isn't a lot of chances to run into YAFOLs around here.

There were 6 boxes, three picked over and three new ones. I had no problem feeling up the bags, the employers even asked if it was that easy to find them by feeling, and the other guy they have dots but they change too much so feeling it is best. (I'd like to feel something of his.... ummm.... nevermind...)

I really like the series, the sleepy guy is so cute, the doctor is awesome, space girl, robot, meet guy, all really nice.[/QUOTE]

Settle down, lol.

[quote name='180husher']The Valentine's Lego Friends polybags at Target are 50% off if any body wants to try it out on their daughters for only $2.[/QUOTE]

I went to two yesterday, but didn't see any =(

My shipment of series 6 minifigures came in! It cost me 100 Euros to get it so about $2.25 per figure. It's an easy way to get 3 complete sets.

6888393311_1e3ac43f2e_z.jpg

[quote name='neonglow']My shipment of series 6 minifigures came in! It cost me 100 Euros to get it so about $2.25 per figure. It's an easy way to get 3 complete sets.

[/QUOTE]

Are the statue of liberty figures coming 3 per box now? Every box I've been through trying to get sets for others have only had 2 per box.

I checked 2 Targets today. I noticed that the Imperial V-wing Starfighter 7915 was $15 at both stores. Also, the only new clearance item in abundant quantities I found was the Lego City Police Helicopter 7741 for $6.98 (30% off MSRP).

I did manage to score a AC Jet Copter Encounter 7067 for ~$12. Also, best Target Lego clearance find was a POTC Fountain of Youth that scanned at $0.00. So, I found a Target associate with a price gun in the electronics department and he told me $7.48 was the last price for this item. Well, when I checked out at the electronics counter, he just sold it to me for $3:hot:

Good thing I waited a day on Desert of Destruction 8864. It dropped from $70 to $60 overnight. Went ahead and grabbed it. I love the beefed up semi and the desert buggy.

Gambled the space shuttles at Target to climb from 30% to 50%, all was gone before I could get one. lol

[quote name='neonglow']There's a new car garage coming later this year.

Al127WDCAAAaCAm.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ah, I thought it was gonna be huge.

dropped by tj maxx and their lego is now clearanced. prices aren't nutty low but saw gateway of the squid for 20 bucks, magikus 5 bucks. all the PoP had already been grabbed at my store, so don't know how low it went. prices were an uninspiring 10-15% off at the holidays.

FYI, I got Target to match TRU's 30% off plus used the $5 off coupon to get Anakin's Jedi interceptor for $25. YMMV, of course

[quote name='fuerza']FYI, I got Target to match TRU's 30% off plus used the $5 off coupon to get Anakin's Jedi interceptor for $25. YMMV, of course[/QUOTE]

Tried 4 different Targets. No one wanted to do it. Did they add any stipulations to the matching of the promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back