LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='chubbyninja1319']TRU is having a B1G1 50% off, but they jacked up the prices. Batcave is $90! Hogwarts is $150. That's just stupid.[/QUOTE]

I've pretty much completely tuned out TRU at this point. Their "tax" on Legos used to be tolerable because it was usually 10% or less so there was still room for a deal with buy 1 get 1 1/2offs but now they're making it so that even with buy 1 get 1 half off you're paying more than you'd pay for regular price at Target, Walmart, etc.

I am hoping I can find the Funhouse escape set at TRU. Not a terrible markup, may even be worth picking up 2. This is a TRU exclusive right? Haven't seen it anywhere else, and I don't have a LEGO store nearby anymore.

[quote name='ackbar7']I am hoping I can find the Funhouse escape set at TRU. Not a terrible markup, may even be worth picking up 2. This is a TRU exclusive right? Haven't seen it anywhere else, and I don't have a LEGO store nearby anymore.[/QUOTE]
The funhouse set is out of stock everywhere; it's even on like 30-day backorder on S@H.

[quote name='Pirate331']The funhouse set is out of stock everywhere; it's even on like 30-day backorder on S@H.[/QUOTE]
I am in a smaller town in OR and lots of the stores around here still have some of those harder to find things. I probably won't find it, but it is the only thing I am interested in from TRU.

TRU's pricing is awful.

I picked up the Dino Ocean interceptor and that was $5 more and then found the Bat's Funhouse for $5 more too.

Even at b1g1 50%... only at 32.50 each, which is a savings of just $9.5 bucks over regular retail.

If it wasn't the TRU exclusives... I probably would have waited for Target to get it on "Sale" for a few bucks less.

But think about the Catwoman set. If you got that this week you could get 2 for $30, which is $4 over MSRP. I don't know what TRU is thinking with that set.

I never realized how awful the TRU pricing on lego's was. Thank God I didn't buy sets from there. I'm just trying to find a deal on Hogwarts before it's officially discontinued and hard to find.

I think I'm going to hunt down one of those Batman Fun House set's though.

[quote name='ackbar7']But think about the Catwoman set. If you got that this week you could get 2 for $30, which is $4 over MSRP. I don't know what TRU is thinking with that set.[/QUOTE]

I swore I just saw the Catwoman set at Target for $14.99, so I think the MSRP went up.

[quote name='elessar123']I swore I just saw the Catwoman set at Target for $14.99, so I think the MSRP went up.[/QUOTE]
It is still 12.99 on amazon and s@h. It is apparently just the most inconsistently priced lego ever.

[quote name='ackbar7']But think about the Catwoman set. If you got that this week you could get 2 for $30, which is $4 over MSRP. I don't know what TRU is thinking with that set.[/QUOTE]

I saw that too.. I couldn't believe that.

TRU at a new low. :whistle2:#

[quote name='ackbar7']It is still 12.99 on amazon and s@h. It is apparently just the most inconsistently priced lego ever.[/QUOTE]

It's $11.99 on Target's website. I'm actually really confused now, lol.

Yeah, I was considering picking up the Superman set at TRU and then saw they jacked it up to $25. It occurred to me that I could wait and get it for 10% off at the Lego Discovery Center store and actually save money in comparison. The only problem is the LDC store still has series 5 minigures, Kingdoms stuff, Xmas stuff and all the old crap from last year. Apparently they have no concept of "clearancing" stuff.

Yesterday @Target, I got a couple Friends Valentine polys for my daughter (when she's a little older). Only $1.19 each. FYI the SW poly is still full price. Didn't see any Army dudes, but there is another store I can check. That would be awesome to find a bunch of Army guys for $.39 later in the week like I did with the white Ninja glider set last year.

[quote name='iflabs']Tried 4 different Targets. No one wanted to do it. Did they add any stipulations to the matching of the promotion?[/QUOTE]

Only stipulation was that I had to bring in the actual TRU ad.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Yesterday @Target, I got a couple Friends Valentine polys for my daughter (when she's a little older). Only $1.19 each. FYI the SW poly is still full price. Didn't see any Army dudes, but there is another store I can check. That would be awesome to find a bunch of Army guys for $.39 later in the week like I did with the white Ninja glider set last year.[/QUOTE]

I cannot find them anywhere...checked like 3 Target's. Oh well. I did get TWO Harry Potter at XMAS time, so I have those. I believe I still have one sealed, if you wanted to trade. I found ONE Army guy, but it was $1.99 (The TOY STORY Army with Jeep)

Watch your mail for the TRU $10 off rewards card. It is valid 2/24-3/17. That means it'll overlap the Lego BOGO on Friday and Saturday. That might ALMOST make for some deals. Almost.

Picked up the black car Racers polybag at Target for $.39...sign said $1.19 reduced from $3.99 but they were ringing up .39. Grabbed them all for party favors.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Watch your mail for the TRU $10 off rewards card. It is valid 2/24-3/17. That means it'll overlap the Lego BOGO on Friday and Saturday. That might ALMOST make for some deals. Almost.[/QUOTE]

Was that a post card one or one of those sticky coupons on the catalog...

I didn't get either so... still looking.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Sticky plastic card on a large summer toys mailer.[/QUOTE]

They aren't all $10 off then. Mine was a pathetic 15% off one toy coupon.

Got one of those TRU mailers today. Was flipping through it and got a huge laugh out of how they put "ONLY" next to all of the LEGO prices. I realize that everyone puts stuff in their ads that are regularly priced and try to act like it's a deal, but it takes a set when stuff is actually way above MSRP.

[quote name='FadeToOne']They aren't all $10 off then. Mine was a pathetic 15% off one toy coupon.[/QUOTE]

ahhh I didn't even get one :[

[quote name='xycury']ahhh I didn't even get one :[[/QUOTE]

It was exposed on the front. A mailman could have easily swiped it.

I also got the TRU catalog with no coupon. It happens - no its not the mailman guys LOL. I went anyway and BOGO'd some LEGO games that were on clearance (paired with similar-priced items that weren't hugely marked up): Got the Heroica storage case and map for $11.50 and Monster 4 for $5.

Then later I scored a couple Army Men polys for $.39 @ Target. I could go looking for more of them at all my area Targets, but I just don't think its worth the effort. I've got plenty of the "On Patrol" sets anyway. In case anyone is still looking for them, here is the DPCI: 204-00-0484 , which includes the Racers black car and Atlantis Octopus as well. In other Target news, they have their Easter set up done and 2 bins of polys. One is labeled LEGO Fantasy Harry Potter, and what do you know, the HP Lab set has returned, only its back up to $3.99 (I got some for $.39 not too long ago). The other bin has a different DPCI and is labeled, oddly, LEGO Police Officer/Har Pot (as I recall). It was a police buggy, but perhaps they will mix it later with another HP poly set as well? Odd there's no Friends set - since they have bricks in purdy Easter colors and all.

If anybody here uses Shopkick (shopping app for Android and iOS), they have a 20% off coupon good today only at Toys R Us. It's off one regularly priced item, so it's doubtful it would combine with the BOGO offer.

There's also a Target coupon for $3 off $30.

[quote name='TheHelix']What the hell...I never got a catalog. Did you get one elessar?[/QUOTE]

Nope =( Wasn't expecting to, since they never send me anything anyways. I don't even remember if they sent me anything during Christmas.

[quote name='TheHelix']What the hell...I never got a catalog. Did you get one elessar?[/QUOTE]

I have been a rewards member for probably about a year now and I have never gotten a single thing from TRU.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Finally stopped at the local TJ Maxx and found POP Quest Against Time for $29. Last set i needed to complete the theme.[/QUOTE]

Mine had about 15 for that price.

I passed at it when it was 2 for $36 on Amazon in Decemeber 2010 (I regret that... not really... maybe) so I passed again. I really wish they had a set with a camel, I never got one.

Sweet, was able to find a Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape at TRU and threw in a Creator mini plane to get over $50, then used the $10 card from the catalog they mailed out and the total came out to $34.62 after tax for everything.

I was able to find this Target Lego giftcard.

2d866e5d.jpg
[/img]

I was never able to find this gift card, I have ones from the year before though. I put together the Medieval Market Village started a few days ago and finished it today, mostly doing it yesterday and today. I enjoyed doing it. My son helped with the minifigures and all the little things at the beginning. He was not that into building the houses though.

What are the chances of a Lego Harry Potter complete collection? Like years 1-7?

Also damn you glitches for preventing me on getting 100% percent in LHP 1-4.

[quote name='TheHelix']What are the chances of a Lego Harry Potter complete collection? Like years 1-7?

Also damn you glitches for preventing me on getting 100% percent in LHP 1-4.[/QUOTE]

Year 5-7 is already on sale for $20 at best buy so i doubt it but you never know.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Year 5-7 is already on sale for $20 at best buy so i doubt it but you never know.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks for that info. Totally the right price, order placed.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Year 5-7 is already on sale for $20 at best buy so i doubt it but you never know.[/QUOTE]

Already got all the trophies in 5-7 hahaha

Might get the Vita version when it goes cheap

PRXEEA95P51K1 for 25% off.

Picked up the Dino HQ, had almost 50 in GC so 33 over all with tax.

figured they won't get any newer sets till way way late anyways.

[quote name='xycury']PRXEEA95P51K1 for 25% off.

Picked up the Dino HQ, had almost 50 in GC so 33 over all with tax.

figured they won't get any newer sets till way way late anyways.[/QUOTE]

Is that for TRU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back