LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='skiizim']Is that for TRU?[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry, BN.com. 25% off any one item.

Good for today, but I ordered after midnight EST.

our local BN sucks and won't get any of the sets I want. Mainly they have only City and SW sets.

So online and with GCs to burn, not too bad of a price. DINO won't be back but I'll have a good HQ with most of the good dinos in it.

TRU suckered me in with using my reward dollars so I got 2 of the smaller sets, and picked up the exclusive flying set at the b1g1 TRU had just the other week or so.

I'm waiting for LotR, Monsters, and Series 7 for now.

YMMV but I found several Lego Racers for $2.90 at my local Walmart.

8302 Green Classic Dragster
8301 Police Pursuit Car
8304 Orange Formula One Thing

Somehow I missed the Blue Off-Road Truck. Going back today for that one. At $2.90 I might as well get them all.

What's the actual MSRP on the DC Heroes Joker's Funhouse set? $59.99? Local TRU had a price tag (no sets though) for $64.99...

Last edited by a moderator:
My TRU had the Joker's Funhouse marked at $44.99. Not horrible as the TRU tax goes. That was a week or two back. Wouldn't be surprised if they jacked it to $74. I picked one up--it's the best $39 set LEGO has dropped in a long time. When I first saw the pictures, I assumed it would be $50.

I'm not a big re-sell guy. But I don't think you could go wrong buying an extra one to sell down the road. Safe bet, that set will be worth 4x the shelf price a year after it's gone.

Found the Christmas Wreath polybag at Walmart for $2.

Will also make a visit to the Lego store soon. 2x VIP points from March 1-15. Only $25 away from a $5 voucher, so why not.

My TRU had Joker's Funhouse for 49.99. I don't think I am going to be able to find it cheaper so I picked it up with the little City car to get the $10 off. I agree though, it is shocking that this, as a licensed set, has an MSRP for $40. Very cool set.

Ouch, the new Town Hall is $200!?!

A $50 price increase makes me way less interested than I was. That's only $50 away from a Vita, and as much as I like LEGO stuff ... not sure I can accept paying that much more for a modular that is slightly bigger.

Kmart seemed to have flipped all their last year inventory to clearance pricing, but it's not that good... about 20%.

Wonder when a bonus toy percentage will kick in. Does it occur on a Saturday? or Sunday?

They had quite a bit left. the bottom 3 PotC, Earth dragon, Alien mothership and the $10 AC set. I think they had a monster truck too from Ninjago.

Well I don't need any of those sets, so I'll wait for an additional off.

[quote name='xycury']Kmart seemed to have flipped all their last year inventory to clearance pricing, but it's not that good... about 20%.

Wonder when a bonus toy percentage will kick in. Does it occur on a Saturday? or Sunday?

They had quite a bit left. the bottom 3 PotC, Earth dragon, Alien mothership and the $10 AC set. I think they had a monster truck too from Ninjago.

Well I don't need any of those sets, so I'll wait for an additional off.[/QUOTE]

Scoop up that earth dragon for me :) Been looking for one at a decent price.

What's the MSRP on the Earth Dragon? Had an epiphany today while messing around with a NinjaGo spinner that was a gift and realized I kind of want one. They're pretty hard to fine now aren't they?

[quote name='Max Power']Scoop up that earth dragon for me :) Been looking for one at a decent price.[/QUOTE]

Probably not heading down till they get that extra off... it's too far just to go for just that, but I do have some returns to do.

[quote name='etcrane']What's the MSRP on the Earth Dragon? Had an epiphany today while messing around with a NinjaGo spinner that was a gift and realized I kind of want one. They're pretty hard to fine now aren't they?[/QUOTE]

I think the earth dragon was a great set, kinda expensive due to the big plastic head. About $35 MSRP, TRU it's $40.

I picked up extra when WM clearanced them and Kmart has it for 27 right now, not that good.

I don't think you'll find any of last years sets now... unless you want to pay full price somewhere. I don't think even TRU carries them anymore.

I think the dragon sets are great.

I didn't catch the episode where the dragons turned into Jets and cars... that fly even... :roll:

I wonder what the Ultra dragon will turn into .... a freaking space ship?!?! :hot:

Hey guys...I found a new site to purchase Legos off of. The prices seem pretty fair and you can sell your unwanted sets back to them. I just found it today, so I don't know how reputable they are, but their Google reviews are pretty solid.

The initial inventory isn't as big, but it goes back into the early 90's.

Check it. http://theplasticbrick.com/

I hope this hasn't been posted before....

I was able to scoop up some nice returns from my store this week. Winter Toy Shop for $32 and Mace Windu for $20. Gotta love that extra discount on alrdy reduced sets!

Target has an online sale going on right now with a few Lego sets discounted, that link goes to the "toy and outdoor play" section of the sale.

Discount prices aren't great, but the Harbor at $69.99 isn't horrible, if you missed out on it on clearance previously. Free shipping + additional 5% off with a Target redcard. The Naboo Starfighter is also on sale, not much of a discount, but perhaps it would be possibly to PM their online sale price in store and apply the additional $5 off Star Wars toys Target coupon. I was able to get the $5 coupon applied retroactively to the discounted Millennium Falcon I picked up, and that was on top of the PM of TRU's 30% off sale from a few weeks ago.

[quote name='karkyco']Target has an online sale going on right now with a few Lego sets discounted, that link goes to the "toy and outdoor play" section of the sale.

Discount prices aren't great, but the Harbor at $69.99 isn't horrible, if you missed out on it on clearance previously. Free shipping + additional 5% off with a Target redcard. The Naboo Starfighter is also on sale, not much of a discount, but perhaps it would be possibly to PM their online sale price in store and apply the additional $5 off Star Wars toys Target coupon. I was able to get the $5 coupon applied retroactively to the discounted Millennium Falcon I picked up, and that was on top of the PM of TRU's 30% off sale from a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

There's also a $5 off $50 coupon on RetailMeNot.com to make the sets slightly cheaper.

[quote name='neonglow']There's also a $5 off $50 coupon on RetailMeNot.com to make the sets slightly cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'm really itching to pull the trigger on all of the DC Super Heroes sets, but I haven't seen a good sale on these (outside of the TRU discounts that don't amount to much given the premium they charge). I'm hoping Target does a sale on these sometime in the near future, perhaps to coincide with the release of Lego Batman 2...but they are selling like mad. The Catwoman and 2Face sets in particular are constantly selling out at all the local Targets. Might have to just pay retail or with miniscule discount, yuck. :cry:

Target probably won't have another big Lego sale until Easter. I remember SW battle packs were $8 last year and I got City Police Dog Unit for $10.

Saw Anakin's Podrace and the big Alien Conquest truck on clearance at Kmart. Both $57. I'm waiting for a clearance clearance. They seem to do them periodically.

[quote name='gunm']Gone now...:cry:

My local stores offer poor clearance prices compared to what you guys get on the mainland.[/QUOTE]

Still saw one or two B&M walmarts that had it marked down to $20. Guess Ninjago is super popular (like mighty morphing power rangers popular), these have a hard time staying on the shelves.

Do you guys buy/sell to each other? I have a Lego Star Wars AT-AT set (blue box) still sealed but all I get are lowballs (under MSRP) on CL. Other than ebay or amazon are there any reputable places to consign 'out of print' lego sets? I will try looking over that plasticbrick site.

[quote name='nakanenui']Do you guys buy/sell to each other? I have a Lego Star Wars AT-AT set (blue box) still sealed but all I get are lowballs (under MSRP) on CL. Other than ebay or amazon are there any reputable places to consign 'out of print' lego sets? I will try looking over that plasticbrick site.[/QUOTE]

People are only look for good deals on craigslist, I never list anything for the going rate on ebay. You will still get lowballed on plasticbrick. Honestly, if you're looking for ebay or amazon prices, those are the only places to sell.

Any word if Toys R Us will have their B2G1 around Easter, like in the past? I want some of the modular sets and am deciding between the double VIP points or the possible discount at TRU. Right now they appear to have them in stock...so they would need to last until a possible sale.

[quote name='postureking']Any word if Toys R Us will have their B2G1 around Easter, like in the past? I want some of the modular sets and am deciding between the double VIP points or the possible discount at TRU. Right now they appear to have them in stock...so they would need to last until a possible sale.[/QUOTE]

Might as well get them with the double VIP points. The modular sets always seem to be out of stock during any BOGOs, then reappear after the sale ends.

Got a 10% off coupon on the LEGO catalog. Assuming it stacks with the 2x points, it'd be a good time to pick up some of the more expensive sets.

[quote name='elsnerma']Got a 10% off coupon on the LEGO catalog. Assuming it stacks with the 2x points, it'd be a good time to pick up some of the more expensive sets.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, I was hoping for that but I haven't seen a catalog since around new years. Looks like the double points ends on the 15th though, so I'll never make it all the way to a LEGO store by then, even if I get a catalog in the mail today.

What crappy timing.

Anyone interested in trading some minifigures shoot me a pm

I HAVE
Werewolf (series 4) (missing bone accessory)
Gangster (series 5)
Evil Dwarf (series 5)
Royal Guard (series 5)
Skater Girl (series 6)
Bandit (series 6)

I NEED
Caveman (series 1)
Cowboy (series 1)
Tribal hunter (series 1)
Forestman (series 1)
Zombie (series 1)
Spartan Warrior (series 2)
Vampire (series 2)
Samurai Warrior (series 3)
Rapper (series 3)
Tribal Chief (series 3)
Elf (series 3)
Mummy (series 3)
Viking (series 4)

[quote name='El Rey']Anyone interested in trading some minifigures shoot me a pm
Spartan Warrior (series 2)
Vampire (series 2)
[/QUOTE]

I got a dozen series 2 from Canadian retailer Mastermind toys about this time last year. They still have them on their site - which blows my mind. I bought them during a buy two get one sale.

It's a gamble - but shipping wasn't that bad and I got everything I wanted and some good duplicates in a single order.

For the Vampire you could wait for the Monster Fighters theme later this year. If he's not exactly the same as his CMF counterpart he's damn close.

I ended up buying my must-have series 1 minifigs for $6'ish a pop from an Amazon retailer. That stung but my life felt empty and incomplete without them.

Thanks for the tip on Mastermind. I always see figures I need on Amazon and they go pretty cheap for some of them but then they charge you about $4 - $5 shipping per figure instead of combined shipping.

The following sets will be 30% off next week at TRU. All other sets will be 10% off, excludes Friends. Series 6 mini figures will be 2 for $5.

Ninjago Rattle Copter
Dino Defense HQ
Ninjago Destiny's Bounty
Hero Factory Splitface
Hero Factory Rocka
Super Heroes Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase
Super Heroes Batcave
Star Wars Gold Leader's Y-Wing
Cars Ultimate Race Set
City Forest Police Station

Also, a lot of sets had price changes this week. Most went from outrageous TRU markup back down to normal TRU markup.

[quote name='prim4444']The following sets will be 30% off next week at TRU. All other sets will be 10% off, excludes Friends. Series 6 mini figures will be 2 for $5.

Ninjago Rattle Copter
Dino Defense HQ
Ninjago Destiny's Bounty
Hero Factory Splitface
Hero Factory Rocka
Super Heroes Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase
Super Heroes Batcave
Star Wars Gold Leader's Y-Wing
Cars Ultimate Race Set
City Forest Police Station

Also, a lot of sets had price changes this week. Most went from outrageous TRU markup back down to normal TRU markup.[/QUOTE]

If prices hold or go down, that's an excellent deal on Destiny's Bounty

[quote name='nakanenui']Do you guys buy/sell to each other? I have a Lego Star Wars AT-AT set (blue box) still sealed but all I get are lowballs (under MSRP) on CL. Other than ebay or amazon are there any reputable places to consign 'out of print' lego sets? I will try looking over that plasticbrick site.[/QUOTE]

maybe bricklink. A site full of lego enthusiasts.

yeah, craigslist sucks. I've had people offer me power tools or childrens clothes for an xbox 360.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Dear gods... Amazon.com redid it's website, it's a horrible while mess that looks like some crap Apple would make.[/QUOTE]

I feel completely opposite about it. I really like the new look; it looks clean.

Do Barnes & Noble coupons currently work on LEGO? I tried one from dealigg.com (not sent to me personally) and it did not qualify, and the BN.com item page has this disclaimer:

"This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated."

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back