LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dschroll']Is there a way to tell which minifigs are in the package by the dot pattern? Can you elaborate on the dot pattern? I'm fairly new to the minifig market, but my daughter recently got into them. We ended up getting a second genie, if anyone wants to trade. I'd like to not get any more duplicates if at all possible...[/QUOTE]

Feel for individual parts... Only the alien and the pink girl have a bar for the laser gun, and it's always on the bottom of the bag. The females have "skirts". A round shield... I did confuse the minotaur head as the genie turban though, so I've got two minotaurs and one genie.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Hulk in sets are the big guy, there is an awesome exclusive minifigure one too. Not sure how you get that.[/QUOTE]
Spend $50 in mid May at the LEGO store or S@H

Anybody have a pic of the hulk they are going to offer? I'm going to jump on the Star Wars giveaway this year, the minifigure looks awesome!!!

[quote name='dschroll']are you talking about the may 4 giveaway or something else?[/QUOTE]

I was asking a question about the hulk and I was referencing my excitement for the Star Wars give away on the 4th.

Thanks for the photo!

Oh yeah, I'm definitely going for that exclusive old school Hulk. I had an obsession with Hulk as a kid, owned tons of toys and other ephemera (even a vinyl wallet), and just about every Marvel Hulk product back in the seventies and eighties depicted him in the purple pants with the longer messy hair. So that's the look I want for my first Hulk Lego minifig. I might have to try to score 2 of these Hulks - I bet he will be a hot item. That would be cool if Target carried them as a seasonal item down the road. Imagine getting an army of Hulks for 39 cents a pop!

Yeah, I'll be ordering through S@H to get mini-Hulk. He'll just look better on display at minifig size. I put my collectable minifigs in a frame (this one) they fit perfectly, three per slot--supposedly it's for shot glasses, but turn it sideways and it's like it was made for minifigs. Anyway, Big Hulk wouldn't fit.

It looks like there will be a Star Wars mini fig exclusive on May 4 for one day only, and then the hulk minifig for the last 2 weeks of May. I personally like the Hulk minifig better, but I would think the Star Wars one would be more rare since its only available for 1 day. I'm so torn...

[quote name='dschroll']It looks like there will be a Star Wars mini fig exclusive on May 4 for one day only, and then the hulk minifig for the last 2 weeks of May. I personally like the Hulk minifig better, but I would think the Star Wars one would be more rare since its only available for 1 day. I'm so torn...[/QUOTE]

The TC-14 figure is for both May 4th and May 5th instore and online.

[quote name='neonglow']The TC-14 figure is for both May 4th and May 5th instore and online.[/QUOTE]

And Hulk is while supplies last, so it might not.

[quote name='prim4444']Series 7 mini figures are hitting TRU stores now[/QUOTE]

Whaa??!?! Sweet!! But what state were they found in?

Thanks, I picked up
Bunny suit man
bagpiper
rocker girl
computer programmer
galaxy patrol
jungle boy

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn TRU. I needed them to come out last week. They come out two days after I leave for my new job on Nantucket, 80 miles away from any store that sells LEGOS. And I'm not leaving until series 8 comes out.

And I need a bagpiper for my grandpa. Can someone here pick one up for me when they are on sale?

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']were they four bucks a piece like series 6 is now?[/QUOTE]

They are $3.49, which is always the normal price at TRU's here

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']series 6 are $4 now on their website and in store as of yesterday.[/QUOTE]

The website is always a bit higher priced and I think some retail stores vary by region but the most they are ever in my are is $3.49 when they go on sale at TRU they drop to $2.99

[quote name='cassidyarch']No Series 7s at my TRU this morning. They said they hadn't come in yet. Must just be hitting some stores.[/QUOTE]

I went to three sotres yesterday and they only had them at the third TRU I tried so its very hit and miss. Before I tried the third TRU I called the Lego store to see if they had them and she said not til May

Woohoo, got my Series 7 today at Fred Meyer. I'm done until the May promos. I also need to figure out how to get my hands on these in the future:

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/temp/olympicMinifigs.png

My faves in Series 7: Black knight, bagpiper, rocker chick (reminds me of Jem), Bill Gates, hippie, merman (nice beard), and Tarzan (love the detail on this one - he has claw scrathes on his chest and a scarred eyebrow)

If they are $4 I'll just wait until Amazon France has a box for 100 euro for the last series. I'll just wait to do that for the seventh.

[quote name='dschroll']How is everyone getting the entire series of figures so easily? Aren't you getting duplicates? If so, what do you do with them?[/QUOTE]

Since I haven't found any cheat sheets yet I just relied on the feel method. I want pretty much all of them from this wave but I was in a bit of a rush so the main thing I made sure was that I didn't get any doubles.

[quote name='dschroll']How is everyone getting the entire series of figures so easily? Aren't you getting duplicates? If so, what do you do with them?[/QUOTE]

Feel method. I've gotten entire sets without duplicates since series 5. Somewhat fun with this method.

I went to the local Thrift Store today. They have a little toy section called "fill a bucket for $1". I've seen a minifig or two in there previously, but today they had this:

DollarBucketHaulsmall.jpg

My son and I spent about 45 minutes searching through it thoroughly, it all fit in a $1 bucket. It was spread throughout all kinds of junk, most of it sitting at the bottom like coins in a ball-pit. Other than bragging, I was wondering what police set that is. Don't let the little Star Wars set throw you off.

[quote name='Kerig']I went to the local Thrift Store today. They have a little toy section called "fill a bucket for $1". I've seen a minifig or two in there previously, but today they had this:

DollarBucketHaulsmall.jpg

My son and I spent about 45 minutes searching through it thoroughly, it all fit in a $1 bucket. It was spread throughout all kinds of junk, most of it sitting at the bottom like coins in a ball-pit. Other than bragging, I was wondering what police set that is. Don't let the little Star Wars set throw you off.[/QUOTE]

The truck is 7743.

[quote name='elessar123']The truck is 7743.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thanks! I found the instructions for it on Letsbuilditagain.com. Rebel Scout Speeder as well.

Found series 7 (already cherry picked) at my TRU this weekend. Went in to get kites (they were of course sold out) and ended up buying minifigs for my kids (and myself). They also still had a pretty full series 6 box and of course the Halo, Power Rangers, etc. minifigs from those other guys.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']got an email from kmart today. $10 gc for purchase of $30 in Avengers toys until May 5th. Hopefully they stock the legos before that.[/QUOTE]

That might be a bit of a stretch..... usually with promo's like this the register would ring it up when it's scanned. I don't know if Lego sets will do it.

I'm taking the flyer in store so hopefully it will. Will be this weekend.

If you find out before hand, please post!

I picked up a couple more series 7 today - got the Aztec warrior, tennis player and another jungle boy. The jungle boy (Tarzan) is up for trade if anyone needs/wants him

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Saw series 7 today but passed for now. good thing because i got two $10 off $50 coupons on the tru catalogue in the mail today.[/QUOTE]

I also got the TRU coupons today, gonna use them to pick up some of the minifigure diplay shelfs

Picked up some more series 7 - ocean king, hippie, viking woman and evil knight

Went back this morning to a different TRU the store put out seven cases of series 7, I picked up the last I needed - grandma visitor, good to be done already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a VIP email from Lego yesterday: The Lego Store at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa (Southern California) is having 1 year anniversary celebration this weekend. No specific deals mentioned other than a one-print-only $10 off $50 coupon restricted to that specific store, some stuff is supposed to be on sale (no details), and you can participate in building a giant-sized Ninjago character for display in the store.

I checked the legoshop site and they have a page for it here but no coupon link on that page.

Was able to scoop up a returned Emerald Night at my store. Anyone looking for a trade let me know. I'm primarily looking for Castle sets from 2007-9.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']My TRU catalog coupon was for 20% off one item. Strange how different people get different coupons from them. Anyway, I noticed that they have 3 new polybags available (available in stores later on), I think I'll get the Batman Jetski at some point:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12851499

These are the other 2 (City Race Car and Friends Skateboarder)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12849401

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12851498[/QUOTE]

What's even more crazy is TRU charging like $5 for shipping each polybag. It's cheap when you buy multiples of the same one, but getting one jetski and race car, shipping will be over $10 and just for two small bags, you're paying over $20 bucks! :hot:

[quote name='demonchylde']Got a VIP email from Lego yesterday: The Lego Store at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa (Southern California) is having 1 year anniversary celebration this weekend. No specific deals mentioned other than a one-print-only $10 off $50 coupon restricted to that specific store, some stuff is supposed to be on sale (no details), and you can participate in building a giant-sized Ninjago character for display in the store.

I checked the legoshop site and they have a page for it here but no coupon link on that page.[/QUOTE]

Has it already been a year?!?! I went to that and got there early, I felt bad for the people that were standing towards the end!

[quote name='xycury']What's even more crazy is TRU charging like $5 for shipping each polybag. It's cheap when you buy multiples of the same one, but getting one jetski and race car, shipping will be over $10 and just for two small bags, you're paying over $20 bucks! :hot:[/QUOTE]

I bet they would ship it in an oversized box with some air bubble packaging!

BN.com has a coupon that works on Lego sets, only 15% but at least something.

I got one of the DINO sets.

E4L9P8C

Just get over 25 for shipping.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']My TRU catalog coupon was for 20% off one item. Strange how different people get different coupons from them. Anyway, I noticed that they have 3 new polybags available (available in stores later on), I think I'll get the Batman Jetski at some point:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12851499

These are the other 2 (City Race Car and Friends Skateboarder)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12849401

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12851498[/QUOTE]

My store already has the Friends bag. Have yet to see the other 2.

Picked up some series 7 figs...just none I was really interested in. I got the Rocker Girl, New Age Retro Hippie (That's what I'm calling him!) and the Swimmer. Meh, guess I'll keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back