LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
had to use the 10 off 50 at TRU.

They had Monster fighters and they were too good to just let them stay on the shelves.

Picked up the mummy, swamp monster, and werewolf and an Aztec minifig to put me over.

Had a $10 AE GC to sweeten the deal. Sales for these I'm sure won't hit till xmas....damn exclusions.

Took my 2 boys and 4 of their friends to the Lego Club Meeting this morning. They received the Captain America Lego set, Captain America T-Shirt, Quinjet sticker sheets, and a couple other odds & ends. A much better value then when we went to the Ninjago themed meeting.

June Calendar Notes:

Free Exclusive Mini Sopwith Camel with $75 purchase (June 1st-30th, 2012)

50% off City Alarm with a $50 Lego City purchase (June 1st-30th, 2012)

Free Monthly Mini Model is a lawnmower (June 5th 2012)

"Special" DLC code for exclusive content with any purchase of Lego Batman 2

Lego Club Meeting Theme: DC Super Heroes

June limited-edition Lego Pickable Model: Batman & Robin!!!

Picked up star wars sets 6205, 7250, 7251, 7252, 7668 at garage sales yestersday for a grand total of $8. Stopped at lego store on the way home from comic con and ordered the batman funhouse set since they had none in stock. Picked up some small stuff to get over $50 and he gave me three hulk minifigs for being nice.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Stopped at lego store on the way home from comic con and ordered the batman funhouse set since they had none in stock. Picked up some small stuff to get over $50 and he gave me three hulk minifigs for being nice.[/QUOTE]
Damn, that's some love. I couldn't get an extra anything even when I still worked there...

These Hulk minifigures are getting $20-$25 on ebay...thinking of making $50 orders and then selling the Hulks to pay for half my order.

Also noticed that Lego.com put the Monsters sets up...that ghost train looks cool but damn near imposssible to motorize just the way it is.

[quote name='180husher']These Hulk minifigures are getting $20-$25 on ebay...thinking of making $50 orders and then selling the Hulks to pay for half my order.

Also noticed that Lego.com put the Monsters sets up...that ghost train looks cool but damn near imposssible to motorize just the way it is.[/QUOTE]

I might do that to get the LotR sets. I originally didn't want them, other than the minifigs, but after seeing it at TRU last night, I really want them.

Saw the monster sets at TRU last night as well. Although interesting, they reminds me a lot of the older space sets, due to the color palettes.

I went there last night to get series 7 minifigs, since GF's mom was leaving, and wanted some for the kid brother, so I picked up 3 for myself as well. Ended up with the black knight and two space marines. I was really sure I felt the crown of the merman... Oh well. Not upset, since I did want one of each of the two I got. Haven't decided if I want to keep the second space marine, though it does have a reversible head, so it looks like two different space marines.

[quote name='elessar123']I might do that to get the LotR sets. I originally didn't want them, other than the minifigs, but after seeing it at TRU last night, I really want them.

Saw the monster sets at TRU last night as well. Although interesting, they reminds me a lot of the older space sets, due to the color palettes.

I went there last night to get series 7 minifigs, since GF's mom was leaving, and wanted some for the kid brother, so I picked up 3 for myself as well. Ended up with the black knight and two space marines. I was really sure I felt the crown of the merman... Oh well. Not upset, since I did want one of each of the two I got. Haven't decided if I want to keep the second space marine, though it does have a reversible head, so it looks like two different space marines.[/QUOTE]

Everytime I tried getting the merman/king I ended up with random things that I don't know how I could have thought they were the crown or tail. Then when I finally gave up and just grabbed one randomly one night, there was the merman. Those minifigs are terribly fun to buy, and terribly aggravating, too.

On a related note, I finished my Squall minifig today when the final piece (the gunblade) showed up in the mail. :bouncy:

I went to the local Lego store in DE and picked up 3/4 Avenger sets (skipped on the Quinjet for now)

Main reason I bought there was the free minifig Hulk...i asked him if i had to spend $100 to get 2, he said yes, but gave me an extra one anyways

i'll probably do a CAG raffle for the extra Hulk minifig once Lego stops handing them out

[quote name='breakingcustoms']I went to the local Lego store in DE and picked up 3/4 Avenger sets (skipped on the Quinjet for now)

Main reason I bought there was the free minifig Hulk...i asked him if i had to spend $100 to get 2, he said yes, but gave me an extra one anyways

i'll probably do a CAG raffle for the extra Hulk minifig once Lego stops handing them out[/QUOTE]

They have always treated me well in that store when I go in. Good employees makes shopping there a breeze. Nice to find another cag in the de area.

[quote name='elessar123']When are Lego stores supposed to get the LotR sets? I don't want to pay shipping.[/QUOTE]

If you're at a Lego store and they don't have a set that is available on Lego's website, you can get free shipping to your house if you order through the store. At least that's how it used to be (I haven't done that in awhile).

[quote name='salty tbone']If you're at a Lego store and they don't have a set that is available on Lego's website, you can get free shipping to your house if you order through the store. At least that's how it used to be (I haven't done that in awhile).[/QUOTE]

I did that with the Quinjet, so I guess it still is. It's just that I wanted to get as many Hulk figures as possible for buying the LotR sets.

Anyone seen or know when the Monster Fighters Zombie set is coming out? Did not come out today with the other sets at local Lego store. Also, anyone seen the polybag ghost/grandfather clock at Target or ToysrUs?

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's a polybags that comes free in a British news paper.[/QUOTE]

So far it's not one of the Sun promos yet....

http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=&t=5890

30201-1.jpg

it's not released yet, I'm guessing this Summer, but in the US, we could wait forever for this one. maybe Halloween?

[quote name='xycury']

it's not released yet, I'm guessing this Summer, but in the US, we could wait forever for this one. maybe Halloween?[/QUOTE]

That's the one. I would assume it is a ToysRUs or Target item if/when in the US. And the MF Zombie set is Lego store only IIRC.

My order got here today. Hulk minifig looks cool. The Frodo poster has a little slice in it, so I contacted customer support and they're sending out a replacement right away. What surprised me about the poster is that they are actually kind of limited. My current damaged one is 8977 of 15000.

I can't decide which LotR sets I want.

I want the fellowship for sure, and maybe a small army...

Btw, any one want Plo Koon? Bought it, but I don't care for Star Wars at all, honestly. Other than loving the Tie Interceptors on the old 90s games.

[quote name='elessar123']I can't decide which LotR sets I want.

I want the fellowship for sure, and maybe a small army...

Btw, any one want Plo Koon? Bought it, but I don't care for Star Wars at all, honestly. Other than loving the Tie Interceptors on the old 90s games.[/QUOTE]

Are you looking to sell Plo Koon? My son is just getting into Star Wars AND Legos...

[quote name='doubledown']Are you looking to sell Plo Koon? My son is just getting into Star Wars AND Legos...[/QUOTE]

Yep. I have no interest in it. Just want my money back, which was like $10 (half off). Shipping should be cheap if you don't care about condition of the box.

So much good stuff at once! Wallet is not happy!

I got my chess set yesterday. That set is just plain awesome if you have a fantasy setup. They did not cheap out on the figures and there is some nice detail on the armor and the shields. The print under the armor is no slouch either. I don't really understand why the Jesters are the "knights" but who cares, I bought it for the minifigs. And 28 of them for $50 is a steal. I plan to buy several more of these.

[quote name='crowbb']So much good stuff at once! Wallet is not happy!

I got my chess set yesterday. That set is just plain awesome if you have a fantasy setup. They did not cheap out on the figures and there is some nice detail on the armor and the shields. The print under the armor is no slouch either. I don't really understand why the Jesters are the "knights" but who cares, I bought it for the minifigs. And 28 of them for $50 is a steal. I plan to buy several more of these.[/QUOTE]

This is what i have been looking at to get the hulk, but it is hard to pay $9 for shipping.

Just picked up Queen Anne's Revenge at Kmart from the clearance aisle for around $50.
:whee:
I'd love to add it to my collection, but that one's going in the closet for 5 months for my daughter's birthday.

[quote name='Maskim']Just picked up Queen Anne's Revenge at Kmart from the clearance aisle for around $50.
:whee:
I'd love to add it to my collection, but that one's going in the closet for 5 months for my daughter's birthday.[/QUOTE]

Ooh! Nice find. My Kmart has a lot of POTC hanging around...I'll have to go check if they have clearanced anything. They have yet to get ANY of the new stuff (Avengers, LOTR, etc.)

[quote name='elessar123']Quinjet on Amazon for $56.06[/QUOTE]

Missed it. Thanks for posting though.

It's YMMV, of course, but my local walmart just moved every Harry Potter set to clearance, yesterday (big hogwart's castle set at $89). I also over heard employees talking about how they got an email saying this weekend they're supposed to be running an additional 50% off clearance.

[quote name='Maskim']Missed it. Thanks for posting though.

It's YMMV, of course, but my local walmart just moved every Harry Potter set to clearance, yesterday (big hogwart's castle set at $89). I also over heard employees talking about how they got an email saying this weekend they're supposed to be running an additional 50% off clearance.[/QUOTE]
I just want my local Walmart to clearance out the PotC ships that they have. There are so many of them it would seem like they would need to open up the space.

[quote name='Maskim']Missed it. Thanks for posting though.

It's YMMV, of course, but my local walmart just moved every Harry Potter set to clearance, yesterday (big hogwart's castle set at $89). I also over heard employees talking about how they got an email saying this weekend they're supposed to be running an additional 50% off clearance.[/QUOTE]

Aw crap I'm gonna be in Los Angeles on Saturday.

I'm pretty pleased with my haul today. My walmart started their 50% off a day early. Hogwart's Castle, The Black Pearl, The Mill, and The Captain's Cabin for $100, out the door.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']50% off clearance toys starting tomorrow at kmart. saw four queen anns revenges today at unmarked clearance for $60. good investment?[/QUOTE]
Looks like I'll be heading back this weekend for a return/rebuy. Don't know if it's a good investment, but it's a pretty cool looking set, and at $100 off, I don't see how you can go wrong.

[quote name='Maskim']I'm pretty pleased with my haul today. My walmart started their 50% off a day early. Hogwart's Castle, The Black Pearl, The Mill, and The Captain's Cabin for $100, out the door.[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna have to go check it out tonight

[quote name='ackbar7']I'm gonna have to go check it out tonight[/QUOTE]
Speaking of the PotC ships and them having so many of them, when I snagged The Black Pearl, I was pretty pleased, because it was the only one on the shelf. Then about 5 minutes later when other people were asking me where I found it, 3 employees came out with a slab of 42 of them. 42! One of the workers made the comment that today was the first time that a single one of The Black Pearl sets had sold, which is pretty believable with the pile of dust on the boxes they rolled out.

[quote name='Maskim']Speaking of the PotC ships and them having so many of them, when I snagged The Black Pearl, I was pretty pleased, because it was the only one on the shelf. Then about 5 minutes later when other people were asking me where I found it, 3 employees came out with a slab of 42 of them. 42! One of the workers made the comment that today was the first time that a single one of The Black Pearl sets had sold, which is pretty believable with the pile of dust on the boxes they rolled out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, last time I was there I think they had 15+ of each ship. My daughter has really been wanting one, and at those prices I might get her both.
edit: and can I add, Goddamn it has been an expensive month for legos, and this year only promises to get worse.

Darn you...I just bought the two largest Monster Fighters sets and now this? Well that lowball netted me quite a bit of money so maybe I can buy something else...

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Darn you...I just bought the two largest Monster Fighters sets and now this? Well that lowball netted me quite a bit of money so maybe I can buy something else...[/QUOTE]
I have been forcing myself to not buy that Vamp Castle, but that looks like an awesome set.

[quote name='ackbar7']Yeah, last time I was there I think they had 15+ of each ship. My daughter has really been wanting one, and at those prices I might get her both.
edit: and can I add, Goddamn it has been an expensive month for legos, and this year only promises to get worse.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? Just from the Avengers/Modular/LotR sets, I'm looking at $600+... And it's only May.

BTW, the PotC ships are well worth the price at half off. I wouldn't have paid full price for them. They're almost identical, with TBP missing one section of QAR, with the same mast and sails. QAR has a more intricate cabin area. I guess QAR is worth the price more than TBP.

I have the mills also, but eh. I paid only like $18 or so for it. I wouldn't bother at over $20.

[quote name='Maskim']I'm pretty pleased with my haul today. My walmart started their 50% off a day early. Hogwart's Castle, The Black Pearl, The Mill, and The Captain's Cabin for $100, out the door.[/QUOTE]

What was the price breakdown of each set?

[quote name='PenguinoMF']What was the price breakdown of each set?[/QUOTE]
I can't get to the receipt (it's buried in the garage with the sets that are hidden waiting for birthdays at the end of the year), but I'll go off memory as best as I can.
(These are all after the additional percentage off)
Captain's Cabin $3
The Mill $13
Hogwarts Castle $45
Black Pearl $45

So, just over 100 for all of them.

I also got a "Dora's Big Birthday Adventure" mousepad for my wife for 50 cents. Not that it's important or related to anything, but she's been bugging me for a new mousepad, and for 50 cents I was happy to oblige.. mostly to see her face when she saw the big picture of Dora and Boots hugging. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back