LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart found a bunch of PotC Fountain of Youth sets in the back, but they aren't clearance, like every other pirate set is. They need to clearance it, because I need that Black Beard torso to finish a moc.;)

I'm up in Oregon visiting family and my brother in law took me to a Lego store called Bricks & Minifigs in Canby. They had a ton of stuff - old and new - truly impressive. They had new LOTR and Superheroes selling sets and minifigs and nothing was excessive either. They had pretty much all minifigures series 1 - 7. I ended up only picking up a series 1 cowboy and series 3 tribal chief for $5 each, also a City fishing boat shark (was missing from a set a bought from a toy show) for $4. So I played it safe for today because I still have some vacation stuff to do but I will probably be stopping by again before I leave town on Monday. The link to the store is below, they are expanding to a new locaiton and franchising to other states soon. Link to the store is below. Oh they give you a punch card for every 8 minfigs you buy you get one free.

Bricks & Minifigs | Buy, Sell, Trade Legos | Canby, Oregon

[quote name='El Rey']I'm up in Oregon visiting family and my brother in law took me to a Lego store called Bricks & Minifigs in Canby. They had a ton of stuff - old and new - truly impressive. They had new LOTR and Superheroes selling sets and minifigs and nothing was excessive either. They had pretty much all minifigures series 1 - 7. I ended up only picking up a series 1 cowboy and series 3 tribal chief for $5 each, also a City fishing boat shark (was missing from a set a bought from a toy show) for $4. So I played it safe for today because I still have some vacation stuff to do but I will probably be stopping by again before I leave town on Monday. The link to the store is below, they are expanding to a new locaiton and franchising to other states soon. Link to the store is below. Oh they give you a punch card for every 8 minfigs you buy you get one free.

Bricks & Minifigs | Buy, Sell, Trade Legos | Canby, Oregon[/QUOTE]

That place looks great. I'm going to have to check it out the next time I go visit my brother.

Got a Queen Anne's Revenge for $79 at Walmart. Missed out on the awesome Kmart deal and I didn't want to risk missing out on it altogether.

On another note, I've noticed Target has given some POTC sets the TRU treatment. The Black Pearl was $120 (I even doublechecked to make sure it wasn't the QAR price) and the cannibal set was marked up to $38 from $30 MSRP. Odd.

I was able to find a couple Queen Annes Revenge sets at Wal Mart for $79.00 As people here seem to be looking for them, I picked them up to sell at cost plus shipping. So if anyone is interested, PM me. Otherwise, I will be returning them to the store. Hope I can help some people out.

[quote name='elessar123']Size doesn't change the cost with USPS, unless it exceeds a certain size. Not as sure about USPS, but it doesn't change much (if at all) unless it exceeds certain ranges. It's almost strictly weight for something like that.[/QUOTE]

So you are saying the size doesn't change the cost unless it exceeds a certain size? Gotcha. :whistle2:?

USPS definitely has a "cut-off" point regarding package size where it does generate a decent price increase. That said, it is possible that the size of the QAR box already exceeds that as I haven't taken the time to verify. In regards to weight, if someone packs something in a completely oversized box and stuffs is with packaging material, it will increase the weight of the package and also the cost. My comment regarding the use of an oversized box was based on both of these shipping cost factors.

I was at walmart on thursday and was lucky to find the POTC Black Pearl at 50 (box was beat to hell), the space center for 30 and the Harry Potter purple bus at 17.

[quote name='shopsmarts']I was at walmart on thursday and was lucky to find the POTC Black Pearl at 50 (box was beat to hell), the space center for 30 and the Harry Potter purple bus at 17.[/QUOTE]

Funny, Target increased the price of the knight bus to almost 43$.

target is running a b1g1 50% off online on Dino, Ninjago, and Factory.

Not great, but picked up some booster packs that are exclusive so far, Mezmo figure.

Free shipping on Red card, and -5%.

I need to still pick up my kmart orders, picked up Hogwards for pickup, 200 miles away :laugh:

I wish I could find some more QAR's. I have one, but more would be great at that price.

Despite Wal-Mart.com saying the LOTR Shelob set is in-stock at my store, after talking to the toy dept. guy it turns out he's been told not to put any LOTR or Super Heroes sets out until next week some time. They have them all, but they're just sitting in the back room. I'm placing my order for Shelob tonight on Amazon.

I went to the Lego store, and they had the LotR sets, other than Helms Deep. Brought them all to the counter before finding out they were long out of Hulk figures.

[quote name='Maskim']Looks like it's already gone up a couple bucks. Don't know where you're located, but if in the northwest, Fred Meyer put out a 10% off coupon, today. I took my Mines of Moira set back to price adjust, today.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I did see that and may pick it up. Honestly I was hoping they would have some lego sale for the holiday weekend. I feel like they used to put them on sale far more often 2 or 3 years ago.

[quote name='ackbar7']Yeah, I did see that and may pick it up. Honestly I was hoping they would have some lego sale for the holiday weekend. I feel like they used to put them on sale far more often 2 or 3 years ago.[/QUOTE]
I think you're right, about that. This year when they didn't do anything for legos during founder's days, I thought they'd do something for memorial weekend. The most they did was put the Pirates set on sale for about 5-10% off, while they're clearanced everywhere else.

Good find on the batman set. I'm going to check that out.

[quote name='ackbar7']Sorry to double post but noticed B&N has the Batman set 6863 for 26.95. Use coupon M9J8E4W to take 20% off and throw in some cheap set to bump you total up over $25 for free shipping.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-lego-dc-4-6863/23833044?ean=673419168403[/QUOTE]

You can also sign up for their free 2 month trial for Borders Rewards um I mean whatever Barnes and Nobles rewards program is, free shipping with no minimum order. Brought my total down to like 22.98 Thanks Op for a great deal!

target was doing a reset for new batman, gijoe, and spiderman toys today. they found a lego jabbas sail barge in the shelving. they would not sell it since it was six years old. i was sooooo bummed out. it was on clearance for just over $50. bet that dumbass wish he remembered he hid it there.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']target was doing a reset for new batman, gijoe, and spiderman toys today. they found a lego jabbas sail barge in the shelving. they would not sell it since it was six years old. i was sooooo bummed out. it was on clearance for just over $50. bet that dumbass wish he remembered he hid it there.[/QUOTE]

lol... What condition was the box in?

[quote name='skiizim']lol... What condition was the box in?[/QUOTE]

really bad condition. it was open and i saw jabbas minifig but they carted it away before i could see anything else. offered to buy it from two different people but they said it wasnt in the system so they couldnt sell it. they were crushing it an sending it back to lego.

That LOTR Shelob set is pretty sweet. My only complaint is the utter uselessness of the little cave piece. The little platform for launching Golem at the hobbits doesn't really work. But hooray for extra parts! Three rings, and two Stings!

Would anyone be willing to trade the special hulk mini for the arf trooper from last years may the 4th promotion ??

I want the hulk.
I also have some other polys to trade including batman jet ski among others. Send me a PM if interested.

[quote name='brotterr']Would anyone be willing to trade the special hulk mini for the arf trooper from last years may the 4th promotion ??

I want the hulk.
I also have some other polys to trade including batman jet ski among others. Send me a PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

i have an extra hulk...PM me with your offers

Fred Meyer has 20% off on toy purchases of $20 or more. It will stack with the 10% home coupon, though it says it won't. I picked up a $1 pack of envelopes in case they said anything. Picked up Moria and another Urukhai set for $80.

[quote name='ackbar7']Fred Meyer has 20% off on toy purchases of $20 or more. It will stack with the 10% home coupon, though it says it won't. I picked up a $1 pack of envelopes in case they said anything. Picked up Moria and another Urukhai set for $80.[/QUOTE]
Good stuff. :)

[quote name='ackbar7']Fred Meyer has 20% off on toy purchases of $20 or more. It will stack with the 10% home coupon, though it says it won't. I picked up a $1 pack of envelopes in case they said anything. Picked up Moria and another Urukhai set for $80.[/QUOTE]

Damn lucky for a store that's only in WA and ID. They seem to always get coupons to bring down the price of toys. Are they at MSRP?

[quote name='xycury']Damn lucky for a store that's only in WA and ID. They seem to always get coupons to bring down the price of toys. Are they at MSRP?[/QUOTE]
Yes, they're all priced normally at MSRP. Also, you forgot Oregon. They started in Oregon.

They're really nationwide, sort of, since Kroger bought them out, but that doesn't help when the Kroger stores elsewhere don't carry toys.

Must use a Visa for the code to work (so no B&N Mastercard rebate).

Edit: I can't believe I just ordered a THIRD Weathertop... And I'll still need a fourth for Nazguls #7 and #8...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Must use a Visa for the code to work (so no B&N Mastercard rebate).

Edit: I can't believe I just ordered a THIRD Weathertop... And I'll still need a fourth for Nazguls #7 and #8...[/QUOTE]
Sorry, didn't notice the Visa requirement.
And I ordered my 2nd Weathertop, and have been contemplating a couple of more. It would be nice if they put the Nazgul in another set or 2.

[quote name='ackbar7']Sorry, didn't notice the Visa requirement.
And I ordered my 2nd Weathertop, and have been contemplating a couple of more. It would be nice if they put the Nazgul in another set or 2.[/QUOTE]

Since it's based on the movies, they should release one with the Witchking with a crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back