LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigdaddy is alive???

Funny thing, the kids and I have practically lost all interest in tracking down the minifigures...seems like more of a chore than the fun it used too be.

We did have fun motorizing the Hogwart's Express though...which makes me want to buy the new Ghost Train and try to motorize that!

I wish I had the Hogwarts express does anyone know where I could buy it new for a decent price also wish I had bought Weasleys house can't think of the name right now.

[quote name='mickeyp']I wish I had the Hogwarts express does anyone know where I could buy it new for a decent price also wish I had bought Weasleys house can't think of the name right now.[/QUOTE]

I have one to trade. Would be looking for heroes and lotr sets.

[quote name='180husher']bigdaddy is alive???![/QUOTE]

Yep, but it's Nantucket so it's barely living. It's like the LOST island, seems like a great place to crash until you are there long enough and notice it's really a shit show.

Went to Game Stop last week and they gave me a Lex with purchase because many of their pre-orders were not picked up. Glad I didn't succumb to eBay scalpers. Yesterday I went back and asked if they had any left and I received another one free. I'll hang onto it for future trade bait. ;) BTW, they mentioned that the release of the LEGO LOTR game will have a LOTR minifig promo giveaway there as well, so I preordered it. If they lied I can always cancel it later on.

Hi everybody. I recently had a serious knee injury and being without insurance I am trying to sell things off to pay for my medical bills. I have the following list of LEGO sets which some were built and are now disassembled (I still have the original boxes as well), but there are still plenty of New in Box sets as well. Let me know if you are interested in any sets. I have plenty or eBay feedback and such on other sites if references are needed. I can also post a link to pictures of my knee if anyone is interested, but I have to warn you they are GRUESOME!!!

http://brickset.com/search/?ownedBy=leonelvazquez

Thank you
-Leo

[quote name='The Leo']Hi everybody. I recently had a serious knee injury and being without insurance I am trying to sell things off to pay for my medical bills. I have the following list of LEGO sets which some were built and are now disassembled (I still have the original boxes as well), but there are still plenty of New in Box sets as well. Let me know if you are interested in any sets. I have plenty or eBay feedback and such on other sites if references are needed. I can also post a link to pictures of my knee if anyone is interested, but I have to warn you they are GRUESOME!!!

http://brickset.com/search/?ownedBy=leonelvazquez

Thank you
-Leo[/QUOTE]

Hey I am interested in the solar sailer and Darth vaders tie

Last edited by a moderator:
Local Target started it's summer Lego clearance...at the "I might as well forget about it" discount of 15%. Mostly Star Wars, Aliens, Potter, and some City stuff. They also raised prices making the 15% less than it should be. Queen Anne was still retail...thank you Kmart for covering me on that one.

Just wondering if anyone was able to pick up a lego lex luthor at a gamestop without buying the game? One of the stores by me has extra figures but require you to by the game. I would like to get the game eventually but I know 3-4 months down the road I'll be able to get it for $10

[quote name='El Rey']Just wondering if anyone was able to pick up a lego lex luthor at a gamestop without buying the game? One of the stores by me has extra figures but require you to by the game. I would like to get the game eventually but I know 3-4 months down the road I'll be able to get it for $10[/QUOTE]

I did. I just asked if they had any left. I always ask if they have left overs of free preorder stuff. They usually give it to me if they have already given to the people who preordered.

[quote name='etcrane']Just a heads up, TRU has the Hoth Echo Base on sale for $66.49. Not a bad price considering the set is TRU exclusive, retails for $94.99 regularly and $89.99 through the LEGO store.

It also came with a free series 6 minifigure and I used a $10 off $50 coupon that came in the mail to sweeten the deal. The sale appears to be through July 2nd

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11798872&prodFindSrc=search[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, going to pick one up asap!

Not a deal, but I thought any Lego mech fans out there would like to know that the Ninjago Samurai Mech (~$40) is surprisingly awesome. My kids don't really like Ninjago but I've been picking up cheap sets here and there for the ninja minifigs because, hey, frickin ninjas. Anyway, I saw this set at TRU and had a rewards certificate so I went for it. So glad I did, this mech is several steps above what Lego did for Exoforce and is truly fun to build and my kids like playing with it. (So do I actually.)

[quote name='mickeyp']I did. I just asked if they had any left. I always ask if they have left overs of free preorder stuff. They usually give it to me if they have already given to the people who preordered.[/QUOTE]

I was shot down at my local GS. "preorders only"

[quote name='karkyco']Is there any sort of SKU for the Lex Luthor polybag at gamestop that we can look up online to see inventory?[/QUOTE]

Nope. When I called yesterday the girl who helped me scanned it and its not in the system by itself.
If anyone who has bought the game and picked up the figure can help - does it show up on your receipt with the game or maybe "promo" or did they just hand you the figure when you picked up the game?

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']I have one to trade. Would be looking for heroes and lotr sets.[/QUOTE]

If no deal gets done for hogwarts express let me know I'm interested

[quote name='Broseph']I may have to put my collection into storage for a bit. What will the 100+ temperatures do to my bricks?[/QUOTE]

Convince them they've been moved to South Florida.

Seriously, though, I had several bags of bricks under my stairs for at least five years. It must have been over 100 degrees (F), and when I took them out last month they all were fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='Broseph']I may have to put my collection into storage for a bit. What will the 100+ temperatures do to my bricks?[/QUOTE]

Bricks are fine till around 180F, then they'll soften up.

Does anybody know if the Ninjago Samurai Mech set has been discontinued? I can't find it at stores and Amazon, Toys R us.com, Target.com, walmart.com don't even list it or it's sold out. I can only find it at the Lego store online. I'm thinking that it must be out of stock everywhere, it came out only a few months ago. Is such a limited release possible?

[quote name='shopsmarts']Does anybody know if the Ninjago Samurai Mech set has been discontinued? I can't find it at stores and Amazon, Toys R us.com, Target.com, walmart.com don't even list it or it's sold out. I can only find it at the Lego store online. I'm thinking that it must be out of stock everywhere, it came out only a few months ago. Is such a limited release possible?[/QUOTE]

You are OK. They just came out and most stores have not yet even put them on the shelves. LEGO does not discontinue sets that quickly, with the exception of a few Ninjago spinner sets, polybags or stated limited edition runs.

[quote name='shopsmarts']Does anybody know if the Ninjago Samurai Mech set has been discontinued? I can't find it at stores and Amazon, Toys R us.com, Target.com, walmart.com don't even list it or it's sold out. I can only find it at the Lego store online. I'm thinking that it must be out of stock everywhere, it came out only a few months ago. Is such a limited release possible?[/QUOTE]

This set, along with the Epic Dragon Battle, didn't last on the shelf at my store. At $39.99 it's a no-brainer. Absolutely incredible how many times I've had to break the bad news of being "sold out". Don't worry these will continue to be restocked at the legostores and other retailers throughout the month.

It just started showing up at Walmart B&M along with the new summer City sets.

My wife brought me this from the Lego store this afternoon. Only needed the elf really but I'll see if my buddy who just started collected minifigs wants the others.
photo3.jpg

My Target had some Star Wars and Alien stuff....30% only.

I noticed Meijer is starting to clearance some Star Wars and Harry Potter stuff...a few other random stuff also. I'm looking for at least 50% there.

[quote name='El Rey']My wife brought me this from the Lego store this afternoon. Only needed the elf really but I'll see if my buddy who just started collected minifigs wants the others.
photo3.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I'm convinced that "poll" for selecting the minifigs was bogus. All five are from series 3? Yeah right.

[quote name='El Rey']My wife brought me this from the Lego store this afternoon. Only needed the elf really but I'll see if my buddy who just started collected minifigs wants the others.
photo3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How much was it?

[quote name='Maskim']I finally got around to building The Black Pearl this past sunday. A great set that looks just awesome when finished.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to have Queen Anne's Revenge as well?

I'm curious to see how they feel side by side.

[quote name='smergb']Do you happen to have Queen Anne's Revenge as well?

I'm curious to see how they feel side by side.[/QUOTE]
I do, but I can't build my Queen Anne's Revenge until my daughter receives it for her birthday in October. I can tell you from when I handled a buddy's QAR about a month back that they feel very similar. The Revenge has a larger captain's quarters on the back, which makes it a little heavier in the back, and maybe a little more fragile feeling, but overall they're the same set, although I think the revenge looks better, with its red and skulls everywhere.

[quote name='Maskim']I do, but I can't build my Queen Anne's Revenge until my daughter receives it for her birthday in October. I can tell you from when I handled a buddy's QAR about a month back that they feel very similar. The Revenge has a larger captain's quarters on the back, which makes it a little heavier in the back, and maybe a little more fragile feeling, but overall they're the same set, although I think the revenge looks better, with its red and skulls everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I need to get my hands on the Black Pearl then.

Any good deals?

[quote name='smergb']Sounds like I need to get my hands on the Black Pearl then.

Any good deals?[/QUOTE]

Some Walmarts have it on clearance but its YMMV...worth scanning them if you stop into one though.

[quote name='180husher']Some Walmarts have it on clearance but its YMMV...worth scanning them if you stop into one though.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. I got mine for $50 around Memorial Day, but I've moved since then, and the local walmart in my new community has them for $75.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back