LEGO Deals 3

I have an unopened Gungan sub for sale or trade. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleased with getting Mountain Hut for $31.99(550pcs!) and Forest Animals for $15.99 at Target. Already have Furry Creatures.^^

Got a couple of offbeat clearance finds today:

Target #60017 Flatbed Truck for $5.98

Walmart #75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter $24.00

#76017 Captain America vs. Hydra $10.00

#76015 Doc Ock Truck Heist $10.00

I don't know why they clearanced those two Super Heroes sets as they are new...not gonna argue though as we saw The Winter Soldier last night and my son wanted a Red Skull figure.

Edit: I also bought the Hobbit Blu-ray at Target this morning that comes with the Legolas minifig and accessory kit. Damn thing was shrink wrapped but missing the Legos...hope they have one left as they only got 4 this morning.
WTF? lol... just curious what time you got there? Didn't even take them long to pilfer it, sad!

I would love to find a Jek 14 set for that price, $70 is way too much for that set.

Apologies if this was already mentioned, but TRU is bringing back the Emmet's Car build event this Saturday. Anyone go the first time? How are these organized? Do they hand out polybags or is it a free-for-all sifting through piles of bricks?

040814C_EM_TRU_LEGO_Dedicat.jpg

It varies by location, somtimes they are set up before the event starts or they are setting up as it's starting. Save yourself a headache and get there early, they get packed pretty early.

Apologies if this was already mentioned, but TRU is bringing back the Emmet's Car build event this Saturday. Anyone go the first time? How are these organized? Do they hand out polybags or is it a free-for-all sifting through piles of bricks?

040814C_EM_TRU_LEGO_Dedicat.jpg
Mine was quite organized but they ran out within an hour or less...my daughter got the last one. They had each type of piece in separate boxes and the workers just went down the line with plastic baggies putting in the correct pieces and handed it to the kids at the end.

Got a couple of offbeat clearance finds today:

Target #60017 Flatbed Truck for $5.98

Walmart #75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter $24.00
#76017 Captain America vs. Hydra $10.00
#76015 Doc Ock Truck Heist $10.00

I don't know why they clearanced those two Super Heroes sets as they are new...not gonna argue though as we saw The Winter Soldier last night and my son wanted a Red Skull figure.

Edit: I also bought the Hobbit Blu-ray at Target this morning that comes with the Legolas minifig and accessory kit. Damn thing was shrink wrapped but missing the Legos...hope they have one left as they only got 4 this morning.
That sucks man. I just went to target and they had 5 left. I grabbed an extra in case you or anybody else needs one.

Mine was quite organized but they ran out within an hour or less...my daughter got the last one. They had each type of piece in separate boxes and the workers just went down the line with plastic baggies putting in the correct pieces and handed it to the kids at the end.
Sorry for the double post, but its hard to multi quote on mobile. Are they strict with age? Would my almost 3 year old be able to get one?

Sorry for the double post, but its hard to multi quote on mobile. Are they strict with age? Would my almost 3 year old be able to get one?
I don't think there'd be an issue. My wife and I go to them, sometimes if there's no one there they let us each build one for ourselves, but this last one was insane, got there about 20 minutes after it started and the line was halfway around the store. Part of it was probably foot traffic from the other closest TRU closing shortly before the event.

I took my kids though only my 5 year old participated. There were only about 20 people there so we got to build and keep two cars, one in regular mode and one in jet mode. My son had to get the pieces out of a bunch of boxes as the staff didn't do that but my wife helped gather everything and they had a good time while I entertained the 2 1/2 old elsewhere in the store.

Knowing it's the second event you may be able to call the store now and find someone who was there for the first one to give you an idea on the expected traffic as I wouldn't want to wait in line to build that Lego (I swear I love my kids).

Thanks for the info guys.  I'll see if I call the store at some point.  If anything, I'll just get there at 11:30 and hope for the best.

Five Below sent an email advertising Lego polybags. One of them pictured was the Mirkwood elf. Website says selection varies by store. I've seen the black bird Chima, Friends picnic and Lone Ranger Tonto but no elf yet.

So what's the deal with the Lego event at tru on Saturday? Kid shows up, build the car and gets to keep it? I'm a bit unclear on it.

So what's the deal with the Lego event at tru on Saturday? Kid shows up, build the car and gets to keep it? I'm a bit unclear on it.
yes, you get the pieces to take home or build in the store. nothing else to it lol...just gets more people in the door.

So, when does the movie come out on DVD?

Amazon has the blu-ray and DVD for $24.99 and $14.96, respectively. Pre-orders only but no release date mentioned.

And, god-damn that Cloud Cuckoolander palace has too many small pieces. If it's minifigs were sold separately, I would have never bought it. I'll try and assemble it for the girls this weekend. (Only to have it destroyed 5 minutes later)

Amazon has the blu-ray and DVD for $24.99 and $14.96, respectively. Pre-orders only but no release date mentioned.

And, god-damn that Cloud Cuckoolander palace has too many small pieces. If it's minifigs were sold separately, I would have never bought it. I'll try and assemble it for the girls this weekend. (Only to have it destroyed 5 minutes later)
Yes, its easily destroyable lol...its the only set my daughter had to have but I have had to put that thing back together about 100 times.

TRU will have a Lego Star Wars event on 5/3.  There will be two builds. I forgot what the two models are.  There is a backup build they can pull from stock in case the first two run out quick.  

The movie gets released sometime in August with the last four sets.

One of the catalogs linked to in here actually had them with a tentative release in June. But I think I've seen August as well. Hopefully a sale shows up so I can get the last few movie sets.
Pretty sure I saw June release for the last movies sets as well.

Also DVD/blu releases are more often than not closer to the four month time frame rather than six.

Brickset months ago said an August release, I just figured that was because LEGO wanted more time to get more sets made.

However Amazon says June 16th, which makes more since.  Never trust Brickset.

I bought a Friends beach house on AWD for $27.44, I have an idea of what I want to build with it but the new pale yellow color is a pain.

My Walmart just got a new box of the Movie Minifigs. Didn't have time to poke through it today, but if anyone needs anything yet, I can dig through it on Monday. Looking for minifigs from past sets as trade.

I still need robot secretary and construction worker, but I haven't found anything new from past sets.

Are the mini figures at your Walmart in a box in the LEGO section?  I have only seen them in stupid spaces (years ago).

They are, right with all the other Lego Movie sets.

I'll look for those 2, because I know I could find 2 more from your list if I do track them down.

I have never seen minifigures in a U.S. Walmart.  I saw them a few times in Canada, but never in the U.S.  What kind of stupid spaces do you find them in?

I have never seen minifigures in a U.S. Walmart. I saw them a few times in Canada, but never in the U.S. What kind of stupid spaces do you find them in?
Years ago I found them on pegs in the toy section but only at Walmarts that didn't have the Super Center grocery store in them. Itrain says he sees them in a box with the LEGO.

I saw them today at a Walmart in the Lego section too. First time in a long time. On the rare occasions I've found them at Walmarts the minifigs are usually hanging at the end of a random aisle.

Just found a box of The SImpsons minifigs at a local Walmart in Chattanooga, TN. There's about 5 or so stores within 15-20 miles. Searched each store and the last one had a box. They are pretty easy to feel for, went 16 for 16! :). Actually 17 for 17 cause my daughter wanted an extra Marge. I found all but Itchy (box was about 2/3rds full) but then I searched the aisle and there were about 10 other packs that were thrown all over the shelves and the first one I picked up was Itchy.

Also hit up the TRU for the Emmett car (since it can be built into the flying car or the driving car) and it was MUCH better. They were super prepared with a lot already bagged up and there was no line at all. Not sure if they had more than last time but it definitely looked like there was way more than last time.

They had a ton of Emmett's car left at my location, I made six bags at 2:30 since I didn't want to deprive any kid of an opportunity before they shut down the table.  They still had enough parts to make at least ten cars for anyone that comes later and asks at the CS desk.

Someone over at DVDtalk said the movie has been bumped up to 5/27.

Started the Town Hall build last week.  I've only done the first floor and can't help but think it'd be a better build as a single story building.  Give it a fancy roof with some ornate decorations. 

Wow, $40?! That seems ridiculous. I'll just stick to the regular version and hopefully get it for $15-20.

The TRU event went well. They had sets already bagged up and they seemed to have a ton of parts left. They had a couple of tables set up gfor the kids to build. They didn't even ask my sons age, just handed me a bag and the two instruction sheets.

They had a ton of Emmett's car left at my location, I made six bags at 2:30 since I didn't want to deprive any kid of an opportunity before they shut down the table. They still had enough parts to make at least ten cars for anyone that comes later and asks at the CS desk.
If I'm in my 20s would I have been able to just walk in and build one?

Wow, $40?! That seems ridiculous. I'll just stick to the regular version and hopefully get it for $15-20.

The TRU event went well. They had sets already bagged up and they seemed to have a ton of parts left. They had a couple of tables set up gfor the kids to build. They didn't even ask my sons age, just handed me a bag and the two instruction sheets.
It wont be $40...wait until like 2-3 weeks before release for the real price. When the Target/Walmart/Bestbuy/etc ads get released/leaked, the Amazon price will drop to match. Regardless, it has an exclusive print Vitruvius minifig, so Ill take it. It will most likely be $25-28 MAX...hopefully $19.99-22.99.

It wont be $40...wait until like 2-3 weeks before release for the real price. When the Target/Walmart/Bestbuy/etc ads get released/leaked, the Amazon price will drop to match. Regardless, it has an exclusive print Vitruvius minifig, so Ill take it. It will most likely be $25-28 MAX...hopefully $19.99-22.99.
I don't think it will be less than $30. The DVD will be $15, the Blu-ray will be $20-25. Because of the mini figure it will be $30ish. Movies almost always half of MSRP.

I don't get why the Creator Mountain Hut set is only $40 and has so many pieces, VERY temped to get it this week at Target for $32, but I really need to save money. So many great Friend and Creator buildings I want, the school was $32 on AWD, the Friends Farm stand, lemonade stand, juice bar, Creator Beach house, Creator Modern House, all the Friend jungle sets. Never mind I have zero movie sets and want half of them.

I don't think it will be less than $30. The DVD will be $15, the Blu-ray will be $20-25. Because of the mini figure it will be $30ish. Movies almost always half of MSRP.
I follow bluray.com pretty closely so Ill post on here when it gets closer but most all new movies start out at no more than $27-28 but we will see. It looks like they replaced the regular 3D version with this version...it was 29.99 previously already. Im not sure what that even is lol...a tin piece thats in front of the bluray case?? Why not just a steelbook? Just gimmie the movie and figure for $20 please lol. $60 MSRP is a joke.

What is the "bonus 3d movie"? Is it the full version regular movie, or is it something else? The way that is presented just doesn't make a lot of sense.
Edit: never mind, saw the movie case which makes it look like the regular movie is in 3d. Why isn't it listed with the other formats on the outside packaging?

Because no one gives a damn about 3D anymore. :lol:
Which is silly. The TVs cost as much as regular TVs, and the movies are at least marginally more entertaining in the format. The reformatted movies (Jurassic Park, Top Gun) are no good. But movies like Frozen and the Avengers are much more fun in 3d. The LEGO movie was one I definitely wanted to get in 3d since I took my daughter to it I'm 3d on her birthday and she has been asking if we will be able to get it on 3d to watch at home ever since.

Which is silly. The TVs cost as much as regular TVs, and the movies are at least marginally more entertaining in the format. The reformatted movies (Jurassic Park, Top Gun) are no good. But movies like Frozen and the Avengers are much more fun in 3d. The LEGO movie was one I definitely wanted to get in 3d since I took my daughter to it I'm 3d on her birthday and she has been asking if we will be able to get it on 3d to watch at home ever since.
Because no one wants to wear glasses (or another two glasses at once) to watch a damn movie. How many glasses do you need to buy? What if friends are over? It's just a dumb idea.

If I'm in my 20s would I have been able to just walk in and build one?
I think it's time you become a big brother to some poor kid for events like this.

I recently purchased a 3D capable television after buying 3D movies for years and have been enjoying them very well. Some movies are better than others, it's usually the heavy CGI or animated movies that really shine. I watched Predator and even though the 3D wasn't jaw dropping it did add a new layer to the movie that wasn't there before.

I haven't watched Top Gun yet but Jurassic Park was good in theaters, I've been waiting for a good price on that.

bread's done
Back