LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='bigdaddy']The AT-RT set is surprising decent for a $20 Star Wars set, even has 60 more pieces than the A Wing that cost $5 more.

Anyone getting the feeling they are discontinuing the bank set because they need something else for the criminals to steal / hide. Museum and meth lab, LEgo is pretty desperate.[/QUOTE]

I just bought one using my 10% off code, I came home kind of late and didn't know what else to get. I was going to get an outdoor heater but decided to get one at Costco instead.

We'll be getting a Cinema Modular for 2013 along with an Ewok Village set. I believe the Village will be a UCS, but if not it will definitely be an exclusive set.

I don't believe I mentioned it here (maybe toysnbricks), but I did call out the new Castle sets for 2013 which has been confirmed from eurobricks. I guess they're more reliable than a CAG. :)

Whoops forgot to mention.... Isengard exclusive set as well. Enjoy! ;)

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']We'll be getting a Cinema Modular for 2013 along with an Ewok Village set. I believe the Village will be a UCS, but if not it will definitely be an exclusive set.

I don't believe I mentioned it here (maybe toysnbricks), but I did call out the new Castle sets for 2013 which has been confirmed from eurobricks. I guess they're more reliable than a CAG. :)

Whoops forgot to mention.... Isengard exclusive set as well. Enjoy! ;)[/QUOTE]

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...[/QUOTE]

There is no getting out!!!!

lol... That's what I told my wife, don't buy me any!!! She regrets getting me my the UCS Death Star II, I restrained myself for years and I told her she will just draw me in.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm more excited for the Lego meth lab ... wait ... that's real right? ... right?[/QUOTE]

You must live in the east end of San Jose =P.

[quote name='skiizim']There is no getting out!!!!

lol... That's what I told my wife, don't buy me any!!! She regrets getting me my the UCS Death Star II, I restrained myself for years and I told her she will just draw me in.[/QUOTE]

The Cinema modular is what has me hooked. I always thought the little cinema part of Town Plan was the best and now that they're making an entire set dedicated to that, I'm hooked.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2012/12/17/ninjago-70500-kais-fire-mech-review/

The little mech is only $10 for two mini figures and 102 pieces. That's surprising considering the outrageous prices for the City sets, like the new fire car and two piece tree that's $12. I thought the new normal would be $12-$13 and $10 sets were gone.

Brickset has some big news. The Lone Ranger set pictures and NinjaGo will continue on in 2014, very smart move Lego.

The Lone Ranger sets look very nice. Honestly they look like the best license sets ever. The train is beautiful western feel, love the massive gun on it :lol:, the town buildings look very nice and rundown western. I hope the movie bombs, so we get cheaper sets, because they are expensive. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a rather interesting find - this seller on Amazon is selling a bunch of LEGO sets with the minifigs stripped out but otherwise complete sets ... for example, the batman funhouse set is $4 and LotR Weathertop is $12 ... he has several of these sets that are basically missing all the figures and items but otherwise brand new.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/stor...tplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sellerID=AZCK2Q39D79AW

I ended up buying the Lex Luthor mech set for $8 after shipping and it has the whole set sans super-man and wonder woman ... which I could care less about, since I wanted the robot and lex luthor

^ Yeah that's becoming the new thing on Amazon. I have seen most of the Super Hero sets for 50% off because of no figs. However the funhouse for $10 shipped I might buy, but it's really the minifigures that makes the set. I like Lex Luther's mech, but I bought it for $13.50 just for Superman. :lol:

However LotR sets I do like and while I think the dwarves and such are neat, $19 for that brick built cave weathertop thing is pretty awesome. 400 pieces, micro figures, brick bricks, food. Very nice, thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='TheHelix']Did anyone pickup SW Echo Base for $65 from TRU via ebay this weekend?[/QUOTE]

On 12/15 I went to Toysrus and got the last Star War Echo Base in the store for $54.09.
It was $94.99 then 33% off sale for $63.64
Then I had a 15% off coupon I got in the mail in late Nov.

I could have gotten Helms Deep for about $79 but I had gotten it for $70 on that YOYO 40% deal a couple weeks ago.

Chima is listed on S@H, won't ship until Jan 1.

The prices are right, nothing too weird / outrageous besides the biggest and smallest sets are over priced. There are several $40 sets and the best set, the one with wolves, is only $30.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's nothing, last year when Super Heroes was launching ToysRUs had the Catwoman cycle at almost a full 100% markup[/QUOTE]

bwhahaha oh TRU

Anybody else grab the new Galaxy Squad sets? I picked up two, 70700 and 70701. Despite the lousy orange color scheme from the preview pics, the two sets I picked up are actually a pleasant smattering of blues and white. I guess each character or team has their own color scheme.

At any rate, I really like these sets. I find the color combos generally pleasing, the level of difficulty and neat tricks in the builds are adequate, but most of all I really like the new minifig elements. The bug aliens are not just masks dropped over regular lego heads, but entirely new head molds. Same goes for the robot heads. The one waspy-looking alien's head is actually hard rubber and he has two little feelers that are separately attached to the top of his head.

I know we've been jonesing for good fantasy space sets ever since AC flopped, and I think these sets may be the answer. Don't let the orange mess in the preview pic discourage you, you might be pleasantly surprised like me.

Awesome news! The Cinema, Ewok Village, and Lone Ranger are all def buys for me next year. Really digging the Lone Ranger sets - takes me back to the late 90's when the old Western theme helped pull me out of my Lego dark ages. I now have a cool western display planned. A little modding of Woody's Roundup and that will fit in nicely too.

Also wonderful is the comeback of Castle - it really never went away, just replaced with LOTR and Hobbit temporarily. Crap - I'm not gonna have space for all this stuff. LOL. Need to really think about my collection and start thinning it out.

And in other news, Minifigures Series 9 are now out in selected Lego stores. Happy hunting (feeling)...

[quote name='Max Power']Hey, if anyone has any extras/duplicates of any of the collectable minifig series, shoot me a pm. I am trying to complete all the sets.[/QUOTE]

What do you have? I have s1,s2 duplicates and I have a full box of s3, s4 and s5.

I'm only looking for full sets and s1 and s2 will be a lot harder to trade with if even at all. Also, all my duplicates are sealed.

[quote name='skiizim']What do you have? I have s1,s2 duplicates and I have a full box of s3, s4 and s5.

I'm only looking for full sets and s1 and s2 will be a lot harder to trade with if even at all. Also, all my duplicates are sealed.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any full sets to trade but if the price is right I would be willing to pick up a couple. Let me know what you have and prices.

[quote name='El Rey']Via craigslist picked up Alien Conquest UFO Abduction for $10[/QUOTE]

I love that set! I wish Craiglist would have more around here, but there are at least tow people who take everything they can.

And $180 or $120 for something that cost $35 two years ago is still insane. :lol:

[quote name='etcrane']This is a rather interesting find - this seller on Amazon is selling a bunch of LEGO sets with the minifigs stripped out but otherwise complete sets ... for example, the batman funhouse set is $4 and LotR Weathertop is $12 ... he has several of these sets that are basically missing all the figures and items but otherwise brand new.[/QUOTE]

Looks like that seller got cleaned out of no-fig sets. Any other finds for the funhouse around $10ish shipped? Cheapest I can find is $18 on eBay...

[quote name='etcrane']Man, I should have gotten a cut considering my post seems to have cleared all their partial sets ;-)[/QUOTE]

All three of them? :booty:

:lol:

I think he might have delisted the set, he had 20 and from when I checked and the time it sold out was only a few hours after not changing all night.

Oddly it seems like all the Lego sets (That I looked at, so like 15) no longer have any used ones being sold. I'd bet some idiot bought one of the sets without mini figures for really cheap and then complained they didn't contain the mini figures.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Lego Cuusoo failed yet again. What a joke.

However we will be getting a Back to the Future LEGO set.[/QUOTE]

I only guessing because of the western town set?

Unless you're a fan of Eve and Zelda?

they are coming out with Lone Ranger, it's a direct clone of it. Of course it's going to fail.

it's like promoting a Car series that are "people" and have eyes and mouths and they live like regular people do, when they have CARS from Disney.... just doesn't make sense.

Like some said, if this was a year ago, it might be, but by then I bet Disney and Lego were already in talks then too.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Lego Cuusoo failed yet again. What a joke.

However we will be getting a Back to the Future LEGO set.[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to get the impression that there's virtually no point in doing a set that requires licensing. Not sure what the death knell was for Western Modular but my bet is that it would cost too much.

My problem isn't the Western Village failed, it's the whole structure of Cuusoo.

Only license sets will get 10,000 votes, then licensing costs and such will wind down that number. The Western set was made a year ago, and failed because of Lone Ranger, maybe if Lego didn't sit on their ass it could have made it soon, or just make it next year when Lone Ranger movie is over, they could have delayed the set into the next round.

It too long to announce the winner, Lego doesn't really explain why the other sets failed. Just think if you made the set, waited this long for news and then all you get is a "No, we have a shitty Disney license instead.

If it's not too much I'll buy the BttF set, but the designer of that set works at Cuusoo! What a surprise that he won!

[quote name='bigdaddy']My problem isn't the Western Village failed, it's the whole structure of Cuusoo.[/quote]

This.

Why does it have to be "there can be only one"? That western modular set is incredible. I hate westerns, and yet I'd love to build that because it's so full of win.

I get that they want to print money with BttF, and if the set is halfway decent, I'll buy it. But why not make both? It's like they don't like nice things or people wanting to give them money.

I also understand that it 'conflicts' with Lone Ranger, but seriously: wouldn't it make sense to offer the western modulars too? They're different, but overlapping markets. Now you have a place for your western train and stagecoach. They would help sell each other, as well as sell Lone Ranger crap to the modular crowd (who otherwise might pass).

Oh well.

^I agree with you that the two themes (Modular Western and Lone Ranger) could support each other. However, the difference in flesh tones would be slightly awkward. Personally, I would vastly prefer a modular western town to Back to the Future sets (never saw the movies, don't care to).

Not only that, this is from the "Spring" quarter, next is fall. Was there anything in the summer? Lego should set out guidelines, and release dates that are somewhat set. Treat Cuusoo like an actual theme and not just random sets based on popular properties.

And "Lego Lover" at Brickset explained what kind of pisses me off too...

^As someone else pointed out earlier, Masashi Togami is a part time contractor of the CUUSOO System, so he probably knew this was getting picked, which I find to be total bullcrap. It's like saying, "Since you work for CUUSOO, your set gets made!"

I worked at TRU and Lowes and every contest they had said me and my family (TRU even had serious guidelines going to first cousins so some bullshit) couldn't sign up for contests.

So a part time Lego worker won... what a surprise!

I like BttF and will buy it when it comes out ... I didn't enjoy the western BttF III ... so I wouldn't have enjoyed a western modular ... so there ;-)

What's the most expensive cuusoo set? I would imagine it didn't get picked due to the fact that it might cost wayyyy too much. From the quick glance it looks huge, was that the same moc that some guy on EB did?

Just stopped at target and found the bank, the naboo starfighter, and the mini planets for 50% off. What's special about the bank sets? is it because it's an exclusive?

Lego has only made three banks in the last 30 years.

Too me it's a blocky (haha) building with nothing special in design. But for $25 the pieces are nice.

I found it today too but didn't take the plunge, City is my least desired set at least until m son gets older. I almost took the bait, I found a sign from last weeks sale but I figured I'll wait till next week to see if it goes 75% off.

I don't even bother checking, I didn't see any right before the sale and the Target near me would be a zoo now because of Christmas.

Primm, Any signs of Series 9 showing up at TRU?

My local Walmart's shelves were overflowing with Lego sets a couple of weeks ago, but when I looked last night, there was hardly anything left. I was looking forward to getting some stuff on clearance (like the Dino sets), but I doubt it now.

I saw the bank set at $35 the naboo starfighter $25, and mini sets $6 or so- skipped them all, hopefully will be cheaper next week.

bread's done
Back