LEGO Deals 3

TRU has a free Nexo Knights build on 2/20 from 12-2 PM local time.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963&sr=1&origkw=events&camp=CME:TRU:EM021116C_LegoNexoEvent&csep=48272294-225f-4049-ad59-f0940c04442c&dtm_em=a74f7029e9e60178fbc466c08db8b042

lego_dt_01.jpg

Kmart due for a % off clearance anytime soon? Found one with a number of older Ninjago sets a dollar below retail.

The Bat and pumpkin creator set was $5 at a nearby Walmart, picked up a few for cheap presents, also snagged a Mech Dragon for $40, wasn't waiting for it to hit $30.

What is this Prime Now everyone speaks of?
It is amazing is what it is. Local inventory of lots of stuff Amazon and affiliated local stores sell including out of print, out of production, "retired" stuff at msrp (that is very often no longer available at anywhere near msrp, such as numerous recently retired Lego sets) delivered within a two hour window at your convenience and often available for delivery within 1 hour of your order.

I've been on business up and down the west coast this week and once El Rey reported it I took a look, and had stuff delivered back home in my local market LA as well as to my hotels and regional offices in Seattle and SF, including a General Grievous Wheelbike that my sis has been trying to get at msrp for my nephew. Also told my sis in Manhattan and she got a few gems. Still a Death Star in NYC last I checked yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how the build is on the Call of Duty stuff, but I recently got back into the Halo Mega Bloks sets and they have become complete shit over the last year or so. Molding is all off and the bloks don't even want to fit together in most cases. I bought the Ghost and was gifted the Covvie Shield Turret and while they should be fantastic builds, there were multiple bricks in both sets that did not want to actually lock together at all. I forced them, but the Turret continually falls apart by itself on my shelf and the Ghost can no longer come apart at all.

I don't know what their molding process is now, but they've become extremely cheap over the last 3-4 years. I never used to run into these kind of problems from their products. Hell, I even hit up their customer service and they told me that I couldn't be right and asked me if I was fishing for free stuff. Shit left me feeling so insulted.
That's "as designed" - "battle damage".

Mega Bloks has been shit for years. My cousin and I got got dinosaur sets like 20 years ago. They were brick built besides the head. Mine was fine, but my cousins dino head wouldn't stay on. My family called and costumer service said wasn't supposed to stay on. :lol:

I got a helicopter years later and there were huge gaps in parts, like I was missing plates. It was awful.

Of course LEGO's quality has gone down the tubes too, I have tons of cheese slops and tiles that have tiny cracks in them. But at least the sets stay together.
Loose head Dino was obviously a decapitation victim. Probably the result of a vicious carnivore attack on an herbivore.

Megabloks is mega shit, no doubt about it. My buddy used to buy the Halo sets and CoD sets, but he would buy a lot of stuff I thumbed my nose up at. They all seemed to be "ok" functionally and play-wise, however that was at least a couple years ago though.

You guys need to rent some kids. Wait that didn't come out right. I only meant in order to take them to the free Lego builds then take their Legos. Not their innocence not their virtue.

Yes I'm being sarcastic. You guys should obviously instead have a child or three, if for no other reason then to get some free Lego builds.

Don't want to keep posting replies but no skiizim, I didn't see the red 5 X-wing in the Seattle, SF, LA, or NYC markets when I checked...at least I don't think I did.

Does prime now have any red 5's available? Just curios, awesome news.... Hoth base available in May!!!!
Unless someone here knows your area code, there is no way of knowing. Selection varies by area. It's all about what stock the Amazon warehouse in you area has available. Install the app and search for Lego

I made the joke to someone I was dating I wanted children about every 6 years just so I can get the free 6-12 age range of free LEGO. He was not pleased by my joke or LEGO... I can't remember his name. :lol:

And the MegaBloks dinosaur was a T Rex and the head fell off. Mine was some long necked herbivore.

Ah, yeah, I was thinking it was an ECHO BASE set. But not so much. I don't have the older one, so maybe if this hits clearance someday.

EDIT: I guess there is a decent chunk of the base.

Thanks for posting that! Brickset didn't link and I didn't have time to search. It looks pretty terrible. Real shame. So far the only must have SW set is the Sandcrawler.
By the sound of it Brickset can't link the post because tomorrow afternoon they will be posting the official pictures.

That echo base looks like a couple of $40 sets surrounded by a bunch of $10 sets.

Had to drive a little out of the way, but I got a $50 shuttle tydirium. Only made the drive because brickseek also had the changing season set listed at $25, but couldn't find any in the store.

In terms of what endor, ewok village, hell.... Even the Home One set looks better. I'll wait to see all the pics to pass judgement but i know a lot of us had high hopes.

What sets did you miss out on micbelt?

I guess I am the only one that does not think it sucks. I missed out on previous high sets though.
I don't think it sucks, but $250? Just no.

For me, at any rate, with these super-huge and expensive sets, I don't want them to be a collection of smaller set pieces that I could, in theory, design and put together myself. The only build that looks even moderately challenging would be the spherical cannon. I don't think there are many people who would be too challenged to build an ice cave. Unless it's freakin' amazing on the inside, it's a lumpy white facade. Whee.

I also don't really want to blow a really large amount of money on something that could easily be split into several smaller, less expensive sets (and, as skiizim pointed out, that already happened).

The best thing I can say about it is that it is an easy pass. Even the retro Batcave, which I don't particularly like and won't be purchasing, inspired more regret.

Yeah, unless they have another big set or two tucked away for release this year, all my extraneoud funds will be going towards older sets before they retire...

Yeah, unless they have another big set or two tucked away for release this year, all my extraneoud funds will be going towards older sets before they retire...
I've got to plan for it but I'll pick up the Ghostbuster's Firehouse this year at some point. I wish it was more in scale with the modular but it's going to skyrocket in value over the next 10 years.

I'm loving all the toyfair coverage. Glad to see the ghost rider and batman bike sets are only $19.99.

Lego is still also high with these star wars prices. $90 for 702 pieces? Seems like every set is $20 too much.

It's the license...gotta charge that extra because parents and fans will pay it.

Went to the Raleigh, NC LEGO Store today...my fiancée surprised me with a trip because she knew I wanted to go in lieu of my blossoming obsession. She bought me the Palace Cinema as a V-Day gift, and I got the Slave-1 and London Tower Bridge on my dime.

I'm set for the next month at least...

Ever since Disney stamped there name on the box they went up an exuberant amount on an already expensive theme. Look at the MF, pos went up $10 then it's previous model, it's about 100 pieces more but that set shouldn't cost more than $130 basing it on 10 cents per piece.

Speaking of which, with oil prices dropping does this mean Lego will be dropping prices? They cited rising oil prices as the need to raise prices a few years ago, surely they'll lower prices now that oil is so dramatically down in price...

Star Wars costs more because every several years they need to renew the license so the cost at least makes sense. I'm still trying to figure out how 300 piece Ciry sets cost $50+.

Speaking of which, with oil prices dropping does this mean Lego will be dropping prices? They cited rising oil prices as the need to raise prices a few years ago, surely they'll lower prices now that oil is so dramatically down in price...
Shoot.. They will make up some other excuse, I've been asking that question for some time now.

Such naiveté is adorable. Any savings they incur from the current era of ultra cheap oil will simply pad the margins of the Lego Group. Perhaps they may be inclined to offer better incentives and sales in the near future, however the higher price points establish a firm floor for set pricing. Meanwhile, as far as cheap oil goes, the market players can still manipulate as necessary to keep prices absurdly and obscenely higher in one market versus any others. California, for instance. Gasoline prices should be at least $1 less per gallon than they are, however bogus excuses to suspend part or all of operations at 2 major refineries in the state as well as the usurious state and local gas taxes and draconian state and local anti-pollution/environmental protection racket mean we Californians are ensuring the profit margins for the major oil companies are protected and padded despite the epic rout in oil.

Just got an email, for anybody that buys at TRU, they now do double rewards points on Lego purchases and triple for those that have their Credit Card.

I picked up my price-adjusted Quinjet set today! Thanks for the info that let me figure out how to pull that off!

It was actually $10 at this one store. 

:D

Such naiveté is adorable. Any savings they incur from the current era of ultra cheap oil will simply pad the margins of the Lego Group. Perhaps they may be inclined to offer better incentives and sales in the near future, however the higher price points establish a firm floor for set pricing. Meanwhile, as far as cheap oil goes, the market players can still manipulate as necessary to keep prices absurdly and obscenely higher in one market versus any others. California, for instance. Gasoline prices should be at least $1 less per gallon than they are, however bogus excuses to suspend part or all of operations at 2 major refineries in the state as well as the usurious state and local gas taxes and draconian state and local anti-pollution/environmental protection racket mean we Californians are ensuring the profit margins for the major oil companies are protected and padded despite the epic rout in oil.
Oh, I guess in addition to cheap gas you must also be missing out on sarcasm out there in California.

I do think the Disney purchase of Lucasfilm had a small impact on Lego (gotta get that $4b back somehow) but I also think Lego being the #1 toy maker in the world and Star Wars being premium brand in general, that's now reaching a fever pitch again, are also contributing factors.

In general I don't know what fantasy world everyone else lives in where major corporations lower their prices out of the goodness of their hearts. Yes I know that oil is cheaper but now that pieces are in place, precedent set, we aren't just suddenly going to get cheaper sets. The only time these giant companies lower prices is if they are facing major sales slump or have some kind of crisis (chipotle) and neither of those are happening with Lego. Prices are what they are, if you're a collector you just got to look out for sales and deals at this point, which there often are thanks to groups like ours keeping everyone aware and sites like brickfan, brickset, etc

Ok, can no one seriously understand sarcasm? My comment was a call back criticizing their reasoning for increasing prices a few years ago yet we hear nothing when prices plunge.

I, along with anyone else with half a brain don't actually expect them to lower prices out of the goodness of their heart. It's basic fucking economics that if your good/service is supprted by sufficient demand you have no reason to decrease the price.

It's the same reason taxi prices aren't going down, airline tickets, and any number of industries that rely on oil/gasoline.

Umm red I actually agree with and even liked your sarcasm comment dude. Was just speaking in general terms. Pretty sure skiizim was just tagging onto your joke

Lol rvb... Don't take it so serious, this isn't the political thread. We're a bunch grown ass men posting in a thread discussing toys meant for kids.

Double VIP points starts March 7th. Think it runs through the 20th; I got a flyer that mentioned it when I was at the LEGO store this weekend. Of course, I didn't read it until after the 2 hour drive home, or else I might have waited on spending $600...

Umm red I actually agree with and even liked your sarcasm comment dude. Was just speaking in general terms. Pretty sure skiizim was just tagging onto your joke
No harm, no foul. It's just when you post "what kind of fantasy world" though, it tends to come across as condescending.

Double VIP points starts March 7th. Think it runs through the 20th; I got a flyer that mentioned it when I was at the LEGO store this weekend. Of course, I didn't read it until after the 2 hour drive home, or else I might have waited on spending $600...
New sets come out in March and you can double or even triple dip on promos for the month. Double vip points, Kai polybag and some duplo poly

If you spend $35 on Duplo you can get two free pollybags (My computer now wants to spell it pollywogs) and double points.

March 1-25: Get a FREE LEGO Ninjago Kai’s Mini Dragon (30422) polybag with purchases of $35 or more.

March 7-22: Earn Double VIP points on all purchases at LEGO Brand Stores and on Shop@Home.

March 1-25: Get a FREE LEGO DUPLO Duck (30321) polybag with and DUPLO purchase.

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-march-2016-store-calendar-promos-events/#sthash.kiAkoOn8.dpuf

Space Training Jet and Deep Sea Helicopter are both $25 at some WMs on clearance.

Also, the Deep Sea Starter is $4 at some, and the Scuba Scooter is $3 at some.

I totally forgot that was part of the Valentine's section. Thanks.

The Easter section has the Olaf poly and a red fireman car with a trash can on fire. Lego hobos are out of control.

bread's done
Back