LEGO Deals 3

Well that's what I told myself when I went back for it but it was too late.
I have no room for the slave I I bought but couldn't pass up 70% off on that one. So the collecting gods gave me a little karma back on that one

When has it ever been about the room? It's about the love, the passion for collecting!

Curse the room! The room will find itself!
I managed to fit all my unopened sets under my bed. There is always room. :)

Which is why if anyone finds one for $30 to send it my way... ;)

Brick-seek has been showing a Wal-Mart 10 miles from my job with 2 or more in-stock I went yesterday, but I couldn't find the Spaceport set in the Lego area 

Brick-seek has been showing a Wal-Mart 10 miles from my job with 2 or more in-stock I went yesterday, but I couldn't find the Spaceport set in the Lego area
Yeah, Brickseek shows a lot of sets in my area that I just can't find in the store. My guess is employees might be hiding them or they need to do inventory.

Go with the Arocs. It has more playability. The Porsche has a cool gearbox and paddle shifters but not much else beyond it.
Thanks for the push! I pulled the trigger and now it's back at $198 so I was able to save about 50 bucks. The Porsche is getting pretty mediocre reception based on price. For 300 bucks I'd just as well get the firehouse.

Thanks for the push! I pulled the trigger and now it's back at $198 so I was able to save about 50 bucks. The Porsche is getting pretty mediocre reception based on price. For 300 bucks I'd just as well get the firehouse.
I had every intention of ordering the Porsche on June 1, but then I started reading reviews. Seems a little half-baked for a "UCS" type model. Really wish it had Power Functions, though I'm sure someone will come up with mod instructions.

What train set is this? I just picked up all this for $1.50 at a community yard sale.

[attachment=22198:IMG_20160604_101740.jpg]

Edit: looks like it's the passenger train from 2006? Hopefully it won't take too much to complete it since it looks like a cool set. I'll have to find that remote too though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day on the Lego front.

At Walmart found Minecraft Ender Dragon for $35. Shopko had the Star Wars Naboo Fighter for $20 and a bunch of Lego Junior pirate sets for .99.

What train set is this? I just picked up all this for $1.50 at a community yard sale.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20160604_101740.jpg

Edit: looks like it's the passenger train from 2006? Hopefully it won't take too much to complete it since it looks like a cool set. I'll have to find that remote too though.
I think you are right. It comes with its own controller. I've tried pairing it to the newer multi-channel controllers but I couldn't get it to work with out the original. Good luck.

Thanks for the head's up on the Walmart prices. Once I finish up Ithis round's acquisitions, 'll put together a full list.

Box for the Arocs came damaged and Amazon gave me 20% back off no questions asked which was convenient. I'm also working on a Minstorms printer and just found that the piece list between NXT 2.0 and EV3 are completely different and I'm using a template for the old set for my EV3 which I don't really want to make major modifications to.

I was thinking about buying the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Expansion Set but I still try to avoid any sets with a more than 10 cents per piece cost. I didn't know if there were any sites or current sets that would be on clearance I could look out for. Ebay seems not only random but with pretty standard prices when being sold by the pound. I've never looked for just extra pieces so any advice in that area is much appreciated.

2 out of 3 ain't bad... it doesn't seem like any of the missing parts are overly expensive either. It will be around $20 using average BL pricing.
It's weird that there's a gap in the front of the train. Not sure if you can see it in the pic.

bfcd26d5d12dbdf05bd80ed18891dbae.jpg

2 out of 3 ain't bad... it doesn't seem like any of the missing parts are overly expensive either. It will be around $20 using average BL pricing.
It's weird that there's a gap in the front of the train. Not sure if you can see it in the pic.

bfcd26d5d12dbdf05bd80ed18891dbae.jpg
That was the main complaint with the set, that the big ugly cockpit piece didn't fit right to the rest.

Now it just makes me wish I bought the passenger train and cargo train last week. :lol:

That was the main complaint with the set, that the big ugly cockpit piece didn't fit right to the rest.

Now it just makes me wish I bought the passenger train and cargo train last week. :lol:
Ah, the picture shows it fitting perfectly. I should sell this thing instead and get one of the newer ones.

There is a little gap near the red.

I was thinking about that. I could have gotten the passenger one and the blue cargo one for less than $200. All I would need to do is sell my several boxes of unopened 9V track.

Still no series 16 at my local Target. Ridiculous
Might have something to do with the fact series 16 isn't released for another 2-3 months. ;)

Two Targets near me got flooded with CMF, both 15 and Disney. But the one I went to last night had an older cardboard sidecar of series 15.

I haven't had time to really play or post much lately, but I got super lucky in the last couple of weeks. While travelling out of town, I found a Target in a neighboring city that had more Disney Minifigs and I picked up Alice, Genie, Cheshire, Maleficent, Ursula, and Ariel! Super glad to finally have my girlfriend's wants out of the way. Now, I kind of want to just collect them all, though. Can't decide if that would be worthwhile or not...

I haven't done anything crazy involving buying sets lately, but I did grab the Gorilla Grodd goes bananas set from Amazon last weekend because it was on sale for $28 at one point on AWD. I am really just getting it for Captain Cold and Wonder Woman, but still, it looks like a fun set.

I also hit it lucky yesterday. In one of my usual Lego Facebook groups a guy posted a ton of old SW sets for pretty good prices and I ended up buying the 7263 Tie and the 6207 A Wing for $20 each. Really not a bad deal since both come complete and the Tie is just missing instructions. Super stoked because they were the two first sets I ever built years back when my stepdad asked me to help put his sets together for display. I liked them both so much that I had planned on rushing out immediately and buying the new set with the Tie Advance and A Wing, but now that I have these I can take it a bit easier on that and wait for a sale to roll around. 

I haven't had time to really play or post much lately, but I got super lucky in the last couple of weeks. While travelling out of town, I found a Target in a neighboring city that had more Disney Minifigs and I picked up Alice, Genie, Cheshire, Maleficent, Ursula, and Ariel! Super glad to finally have my girlfriend's wants out of the way. Now, I kind of want to just collect them all, though. Can't decide if that would be worthwhile or not...

I haven't done anything crazy involving buying sets lately, but I did grab the Gorilla Grodd goes bananas set from Amazon last weekend because it was on sale for $28 at one point on AWD. I am really just getting it for Captain Cold and Wonder Woman, but still, it looks like a fun set.

I also hit it lucky yesterday. In one of my usual Lego Facebook groups a guy posted a ton of old SW sets for pretty good prices and I ended up buying the 7263 Tie and the 6207 A Wing for $20 each. Really not a bad deal since both come complete and the Tie is just missing instructions. Super stoked because they were the two first sets I ever built years back when my stepdad asked me to help put his sets together for display. I liked them both so much that I had planned on rushing out immediately and buying the new set with the Tie Advance and A Wing, but now that I have these I can take it a bit easier on that and wait for a sale to roll around.
Any desire to sell/trade the banana truck driver from The Gorilla Grodd set?

Have you guys found a website that has all the Lego stickers in hi res?  It would be great to print out your own stickers for sets where the stickers are missing.

I don't believe that. It has 350+ pieces. Look at that horrible desert Batman set, that ugly thing is $40.

Also LEGO will probably announce Harry Potter Dimensions on Thursday.

Ferris wheel for $164.

http://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Expert-Ferris-Building/dp/B00X6A8VWA?ie=UTF8&keywords=lego&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1465324655&ref_=sr_1_42&s=merchant&sr=1-42
Someone on the TFW2005 boards threw out the $30 price. Size wise it looks about right but piece wise and license wise it probably will be $40

Anyone here have minifigs from old series for trade? I have some from series 6,7,8,9,10,11. They were all polybagged and never assembled. I'm looking for minifigs from those same series in order to complete some sets, but i'll sell them if anyone is interested.

Yes but the game also has The Doctor traveling to The Jetsons and The Flintiness, yet those rumors have died down. There is also the Sonic rumor that died down too. 

But there is an announcement tomorrow and then E3 next week. So they might announce a bunch of stuff tomorrow and show them off at E3.

Anyone here have minifigs from old series for trade? I have some from series 6,7,8,9,10,11. They were all polybagged and never assembled. I'm looking for minifigs from those same series in order to complete some sets, but i'll sell them if anyone is interested.
Nothing from after 11? I missed them but should have a bunch from series 3-11 in my mother's basement. :lol:

ADVENTURE TIME OVERPRICED MINIFIGURES!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dimensions-series-2-expansion-packs-revealed/

Also A-Team and Mission Impossible and some crap.

But ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!!!!
C'mon, this is great! They'll probably end up half price. I have a bad feeling about the Ghostbusters reboot as the movie looks lame and it's already an explored property but I could see it being decent as I like the comedians in it and would hope for legitimate voice overs.

The biggest thing to me is are there any actual substantial campaigns? The Ghostbusters one looks like it might be longer than the others with the giant portal overlay.

Finally, the Harry Potter world and Adventure Time world could be fantastic if Lego doesn't screw it up and their batting average in the first one was about .500.

Who the hell wants to play an MI level?
I do, as bad as that Nintendo 64 game was it was still one of my favorite games for that system.

I never played the one that came out for Xbox/PS2 and I think that was the last Mission Impossible game that was made so I'm ready to give Mission Impossible a shot.

C'mon, this is great! They'll probably end up half price.
Even at half price it's still $15 for a mini figure in the level packs. I wanted the Portal 2 mini figure but was never paying $25-$30 and that was the one that never seemed one sale.

LEGO could have made Adventure time as a theme like Minecraft but didn't probably because they realize they can overprice these and get people to buy less for more.

And in case no one read the press release get ready for the 80s! They are making a come back.

LEGO® Dimensions™ packs based on 16 new entertainment properties will begin launching on September 30, 2016 with the Ghostbusters Story Pack, Adventure Timeand Mission: Impossible Level Packs, Harry Potter and Adventure Time Team Packs, and The A-Team Fun Pack. Additional expansion packs based on other highly anticipated films Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The LEGO® Batman Movie and wildly popular properties The Goonies, Sonic The Hedgehog, Teen Titans Go!, LEGO® City Undercover, Knight Rider, The Powerpuff Girls, Gremlins, Beetlejuiceand E.T. The Extra-Terrestrialwill be released in product waves stretching into summer of next year.

LEGO OKAYED THE IDEAS BEETLES YELLOW SUBMARINE?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!?!!@2!!?1/11/!

*faints*

Also the Saturn 5 rocket will be made into a set.

And in case no one read the press release get ready for the 80s! They are making a come back.
No fuck ing kidding!

• Ghostbusters
  • Harry Potter
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
  • Adventure Time
  • Mission: Impossible
  • The A-Team
  • The Lego Batman Movie
  • The Goonies
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Knight Rider
  • The Powerpuff Girls
  • Gremlins
  • Beetlejuice
  • E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

They're doubling down on the nostalgia thing here. While it sounds charming I still feel like half these properties are going to come up thin. Knight Rider, A-Team, E.T. etc. don't really have interesting universes which is part of Dimensions appeal.

Bigger heroes and bigger stories is a pretty serious claim though as the original campaign was pretty decent. That seems to put to the rest the rumor that it was just level packs that would carry the franchise for years with smaller reboots. Also, it indicates they may actually be making money where as Infinity 2.0 was so phoned in it wasn't even funny.

Even at half price it's still $15 for a mini figure in the level packs. I wanted the Portal 2 mini figure but was never paying $25-$30 and that was the one that never seemed one sale.
And a little turret and companion cube :whistle2:

I get it though. While I've never actually collected the minifigs myself I've always found it kinda slimy to see Lego purposely put compelling ones into expensive or otherwise crappy sets because they knew it would help them move.

They're also adding Battle Arenas, which sound fun (and probably similar to Infinity's Battlegound).

I'm more excited for a LEGO B.A. Baracus than anything else. Sloth from The Goonies shows up in the trailer, and he looks great, too.

I get it though. While I've never actually collected the minifigs myself I've always found it kinda slimy to see Lego purposely put compelling ones into expensive or otherwise crappy sets because they knew it would help them move.
The PORTAL Pack was TOTALLY worth it, though. Probably the most fun I've had with Dimensions. I love the toys AND the level.

I wish they would just make themes, like they have the Doctor Who set and he has a different outfit for the Game Level. I don't own the game, hell I don't own a console. I moved 5 times last year (don't ask) and have a 3DS for that reason (And I love Animal Crossing). So for it's all about the mini figure.

So yes the Mr. T mini figure for $12 will probably be $6 at some point. That I'm fine with. But the level packs are one mini figure and a level I'll never play, and they go one sale much less than the other packs.

Also of everything LEGO has said it seems all fine, even though the Ghostbusters Reboot should have been a continuation but it is a full movie game, I just can't understand Mission Impossible. Like what is that level going to be?

bread's done
Back