LEGO Deals 3

I can't think anything that I'd want that would be available at a discount. Everything is probably too old (Riddler Chase, Gorilla Grodd, Man-Bat Attack) or too new (Airport Battle)
I actually picked up the sets with black panther and harley quin that are both relatively new. No airport battle unfortunately but they do have a bunch of gorilla grodd sets. I'll have to check on the prices when I go back.

Set 60095?
Yes. Shipping it be a bitch, but I'm having a hell of a time finding this set on decent clearance, it's been $90 but this is cheapass. One Walmart missed by hours and another just can't find it. I'll try a few more on Thursday.

Also it's been peaceful here, have everyone been sent to their rooms?

No one here talks about Nexo Knights what does everyone think of the theme or show?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Shipping it be a bitch, but I'm having a hell of a time finding this set on decent clearance, it's been $90 but this is cheapass. One Walmart missed by hours and another just can't find it. I'll try a few more on Thursday.

No one here talks about Nexo Knights what does everyone think of the theme or show?
I want all of the villain sets, but I want them for about 50% off. That new castle though for the bad guys.... really tempting if I can get it for like 80.

We only have Netflix so the kids haven't seen the show. They loved Ninjago and while it wasn't terrible I couldn't watch it. The sets actually look like a ton of fun but sadly I think their big hook of having all those QR codes on the shields is lost opportunity since it just supports another shitty mobile game. Again, I watched my older son (7) play it for an hour or so and while it's not horrible it was pretty mindless. I could really dig the larger sets though if I can find them cheap enough and even the midsize sets are pretty cool with decent transformations or breakoff vehicles.

I like the Nexo Knights stuff to a degree, but mainly the hero sets. I bought Clay's Rumble Blade, which is an awesome set. I want the Fortex, The Black Knight Mech, the Aero Striker, and the King's Mech, but I can wait for a good deal. 20% off at TRU the other week would have been decent, but I'd already spent too much on LEGO the last couple weeks.

The only villain set I care for is the new castle/fortress one, as a counter to the Fortex...

Nothing else has impressed me. The horse/motorcycle is neat, but not quite there for me...maybe at 50% off. I love the idea of having all these sets that transform in some way or break apart into multiple things like the Rumble Blade...it's unlike anything I've really seen from LEGO, but then again I'm fairly new to it all...

I like the Nexo Knights stuff to a degree, but mainly the hero sets. I bought Clay's Rumble Blade, which is an awesome set. I want the Fortex, The Black Knight Mech, the Aero Striker, and the King's Mech, but I can wait for a good deal. 20% off at TRU the other week would have been decent, but I'd already spent too much on LEGO the last couple weeks.

The only villain set I care for is the new castle/fortress one, as a counter to the Fortex...

Nothing else has impressed me. The horse/motorcycle is neat, but not quite there for me...maybe at 50% off. I love the idea of having all these sets that transform in some way or break apart into multiple things like the Rumble Blade...it's unlike anything I've really seen from LEGO, but then again I'm fairly new to it all...
Interesting you like the heroes. I like the bad guy stuff more, but that's mainly because the good guy stuff is too blue. Even the 'black knight' is blue. I think if the theme continues for awhile the 'everything is blue' will be a real problem. I like how NinjaGo the stuff matches the ninja.

We only have Netflix so the kids haven't seen the show. They loved Ninjago and while it wasn't terrible I couldn't watch it. The sets actually look like a ton of fun but sadly I think their big hook of having all those QR codes on the shields is lost opportunity since it just supports another shitty mobile game. Again, I watched my older son (7) play it for an hour or so and while it's not horrible it was pretty mindless. I could really dig the larger sets though if I can find them cheap enough and even the midsize sets are pretty cool with decent transformations or breakoff vehicles.
The $40 set that has the jet come out the center and the two sides are motorcycles is awesome. Love that set.

I want all of the villain sets, but I want them for about 50% off. That new castle though for the bad guys.... really tempting if I can get it for like 80.
The villain sets are awesome and a huge mess at the same time. They are so detailed and red that a lot of them look the same to me, very 'boom' and thrown together, but I feel that is what makes them awesome. But they do feel 'evil', and the mini figures are excellent.. I can't wait until next year where the rumor is the bad guy will be evil plants.

It must be doing better than Chima because it's first sale was at TRU last week. China was a disaster. :lol:

We got the Chima mammoths at 90% off... same with the big lion mech. That's a sign. They're in the parts bin too.
I loved that mammoth but never located a $27 one (even though they were somewhere in the walmart).

However I got the original Spiderman 2 sets and the last series of Adventures for 70-90% off. My issue with LEGO themes is they release too many damn sets a year. China was getting like 50 sets a year, there is no way that children could keep up. The Nexo Knights are also like that and some of the sets are horrible. There are two bad guy sets that look exactly the same. A new Nexo hero set came out that looks like shit. Just release two less sets.

I have spent an insane amour on LEGO i the last few weeks to the point I went "Why didn't I buy the 50% off trains at Target?" and frankly I spent so much I could almost buy two modular sets and the passenger train for the same price.

Interesting you like the heroes. I like the bad guy stuff more, but that's mainly because the good guy stuff is too blue. Even the 'black knight' is blue. I think if the theme continues for awhile the 'everything is blue' will be a real problem. I like how NinjaGo the stuff matches the ninja.

The $40 set that has the jet come out the center and the two sides are motorcycles is awesome. Love that set.

The villain sets are awesome and a huge mess at the same time. They are so detailed and red that a lot of them look the same to me, very 'boom' and thrown together, but I feel that is what makes them awesome. But they do feel 'evil', and the mini figures are excellent.. I can't wait until next year where the rumor is the bad guy will be evil plants.
It must be doing better than Chima because it's first sale was at TRU last week. China was a disaster. :lol:
I can see the blue being redundant and a potential hindrance in the future...but I just like the builds themselves more on the hero side; the look of the finished product (colors aside), and the play features.

Well, in most larger cities the flippers grab them all up before builders get a chance to save some money. Seattle is a no mans land for getting anything more than 25% off.

Well, in most larger cities the flippers grab them all up before builders get a chance to save some money. Seattle is a no mans land for getting anything more than 25% off.
To be fair that would most likely happen here, but I went on July 26th and Walmart 1 lowered their prices then. Then Walmart 2 yesterday just had the wrong prices. :)

One Walmart I need to go to supposedly has a HUGE NinjaGo dragon set for $17 instead of $70 but I never made it there.

LEGO Shop is having double points this weekend.

Check your local targets against the DPCIs for the three larger undersea explorer sets they carry, you might find them 70% off. ($11.98, $14.98, and $35.98 on these). The small minifig sets in that line aren't clearanced anywhere around me.

[attachment=23186:image.jpeg]

*Thought* wife had the new friends stuff. She forgot about the bumper cars. *Now* she has all of the new friends stuff.

Then I get complained to about how we spent too much in the last month.

*points at pile of legos*

*Thought* wife had the new friends stuff. She forgot about the bumper cars. *Now* she has all of the new friends stuff.

Then I get complained to about how we spent too much in the last month.

*points at pile of legos*
Good wife. She be a better wife if she just waited a month when all the sets are on sale. Friends is always on sale. ;)

Went by a Target yesterday and had an employee look up the minifig DPCI since none were out and they had 180 or so on hand...he went into the stockroom and came back out with 2 cases of Disney and 1 of Series 15. I went through the fresh case of Disney and was able to score Ursula, Ariel, Maleficent, Captain Hook, and Aladdin...all correct guesses (I did get a duplicate Ursula, too, but I was getting The Little Mermaid pair for my fiancée, so I wanted to be extra sure I had one).

Now I have half the Disney series...just need Buzz Lightyear, Genie, Peter Pan, and the entire middle row on the checklist now...

Also nabbed a Resistance Transporter for $35 at a nearby Walmart...not a set I was really thrilled about, but 50% was a good deal and I want to complete the Force Awakens line...

Found a Kwik-E-Mart set on the top shelf of the Lego aisle of a Walmart.Took it to a check out counter for a price check, but it was still $200. Took it back to the toy aisle. I then found a Gorrila Grodd set, hidden behind a pair of Avengers sets. Would've taken it home if it was $20, but it was $35.

I found it interesting that both sets were showing out of stock on brickseek, but we're somewhat hidden. Pretty sure someone was trying to stash them away.

Kinda meh on the Rogue One sets. Only really interested in the U wing and K2SO. May change my mind upon seeing them in person or after seeing the movie

Kinda meh on the Rogue One sets. Only really interested in the U wing and K2SO. May change my mind upon seeing them in person or after seeing the movie
They're pretty uninspired and while the movie may be great it looks pretty bland in terms of taking advantage of the more exciting aspects of a sci-fi universe like Star Wars. Those people on the City boat look like they're having a great time though.

28235072814_4a4a17fdbf.jpg

They're pretty uninspired and while the movie may be great it looks pretty bland in terms of taking advantage of the more exciting aspects of a sci-fi universe like Star Wars. Those people on the City boat look like they're having a great time though.
I like the Star Wars sets, finally some damn new ships!

And of course the people on the boat are happy, they are happy you spent $20 for 80 pieces. :)

but, but, but the hull!!! It floats! And when you put it in the water all those pesky stickers will come right off!
THANK YOU!

I have the deep sea explore and I'm like "wait these are stickers'. For the insane price those things cost and how special they are to the set, just print the damn piece!

However LEGO like 15 years ago made stickers that just peeled and flaked no matter how much water you would never get them off.

Does anybody have any Lego bicycles they'd be willing to part with? I need a green one or a black one. I'd do paypal or trade for it. Thank you!

Does anybody have any Lego bicycles they'd be willing to part with? I need a green one or a black one. I'd do paypal or trade for it. Thank you!
Black ones are so rare that brickiest doesn't even have them listed, even though I have one.

You can order a bike and two tires for $2.68 from Bricks and Pieces, shipping probably be $3ish unless you spend over $35.

Black ones are so rare that brickiest doesn't even have them listed, even though I have one.

You can order a bike and two tires for $2.68 from Bricks and Pieces, shipping probably be $3ish unless you spend over $35.
That's interesting. I have a couple black ones and the green ones are more expensive on ebay. I think I might just break down and buy a set of them for around 15 bucks. I figured I'd try here first for a trade.

That's interesting. I have a couple black ones and the green ones are more expensive on ebay. I think I might just break down and buy a set of them for around 15 bucks. I figured I'd try here first for a trade.
To be fair the black ones might be an older model and not up to date with the design number I stuck in. I think that's what happened because the rarest bike I can think of is the true regular yellow bike, not the Chima yellow the Friends bikes are made with.

To be fair the black ones might be an older model and not up to date with the design number I stuck in. I think that's what happened because the rarest bike I can think of is the true regular yellow bike, not the Chima yellow the Friends bikes are made with.
Makes sense. Not sure if you guys care but I'm working on a Stranger Things MOC.

2cct0dw.jpg

Was just cleaning the attic and found about 5 sets of the Jedi Defense I build (7203). Also a Jedi Duel (7103). A bunch of other random sets too. I think I bought them in 2002 for kid's gifts and completely forgot about them.

I have the old one, I'll be sticking with it as I got it for $45 and actually was a train. Where is the passenger car? But it looks nice and it's a redo set like last year.

Plus give me hope of a holiday train station next year! :)

ALSO, for my fellow minifigure collectors - I found out the hard way today that the female boxer minifigure in series 16 comes with a boxing helmet and stand that it does not show in the artwork - which is actually cool but can potentially deceive you if you think you are feeling up the babysitters package.  :baby: :whistle2:

ALSO, for my fellow minifigure collectors - I found out the hard way today that the female boxer minifigure in series 16 comes with a boxing helmet and stand that it does not show in the artwork - which is actually cool but can potentially deceive you if you think you are feeling up the babysitters package. :baby: :whistle2:
Happened to me too. You have to make sure to feel for the nipple of the bottle for the baby sitter.

I still need to buy series 16. Ice Queen, Devil Child, Hiker, Penguin Kid, Banana Suit, and then penguin, another boxer, green ninja, dog, guitar, baby. It's a pretty good theme!

I don't own the old train, I'd love to but the aftermarket prices are crazy, but this one will be a nice substitute
I need to find the box because I have it and I think the after market price is insane. It's not like any of the pieces are exclusive. Plus the darn thing sold so poorly when it was released I bought mine for $45 from S@H clearance.

bread's done
Back