LEGO Deals 3

Don't know how easy it will be or if you are near but rumor is the Lego stores will likely start clearancing some this year for 40% off. I feel like those sets (the house and Kwik-E-Mart) were over produced and have been put on sale from time to time.
Good to know. I keep worrying that I will miss out on the house entirely. I don't even think my Lego Store still has it.

Thanks for the info. That is good to know. I would like both sets but the $199.99 price tag has made it hard to pull the trigger. The nearest lego store to me is about an hour and a half away so I will probably need to wait for an online sale. Buffalo needs a lego store!
Takes you an hour and a half to get from Buffalo to Victor?! Clearly you aren't going fast enough.

And LEGO Stores do 40% off sales? All I ever say was 20% with sometimes 30% on a select set or two.

Amazon has price matched TRU on this and target will too if you have them look it up in store.
I have a $10 off $75 purchase coupon for TRU that expires this week so I'm gonna go that route. The coupon isn't supposed to stack with the sale price but I read a member on another forum said that it does work.
Oh hey, I have one of those coupons!

<checks coupon> In store only. Crap.

<checks store pickup> Crap. None of those sets around here.

Well, at least now I don't have to come up with a justification why I should spend $70+tax on half a bridge.

Oh hey, I have one of those coupons!

<checks coupon> In store only. Crap.

<checks store pickup> Crap. None of those sets around here.

Well, at least now I don't have to come up with a justification why I should spend $70+tax on half a bridge.
I checked the site for store pick up too but try calling and giving them the R Web number 395594 as they may actually have a few out on the floor.

Takes you an hour and a half to get from Buffalo to Victor?! Clearly you aren't going fast enough.

And LEGO Stores do 40% off sales? All I ever say was 20% with sometimes 30% on a select set or two.
You are right, it should really only take me a little over an hour but I need to factor in the slowdown associated with traveling with small children.

I get amazon gift cards from tracking my physical activity through virgin health miles. If I get enough activity by the end of September and that simpsons set is still 157 I will give it a shot.

You are right, it should really only take me a little over an hour but I need to factor in the slowdown associated with traveling with small children.

I get amazon gift cards from tracking my physical activity through virgin health miles. If I get enough activity by the end of September and that simpsons set is still 157 I will give it a shot.
Oh... I see your problem, you had children. If you just used a condom you could have saved a lot more money and spent it on LEGO. ;)

I wish there was a LEGO Store right over into Canada. The mini figures are 4 CAD but because of the weak Canadian dollar that's only like $3USD. That's 25% savings, plus LEGO points.

And did anyone hear about the guy who was jerking off in public and acting like a gorilla? Would someone (Irukandji) like to make a little scene of that? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has price matched TRU on this and target will too if you have them look it up in store.
I have a $10 off $75 purchase coupon for TRU that expires this week so I'm gonna go that route. The coupon isn't supposed to stack with the sale price but I read a member on another forum said that it does work.
I was going to try the same thing tomorrow.

Buy 2. Problem solved.

Our store in Georgia clearances until sold which could hit 70% in theory, though employees will tell you there's plenty of people who stalk and buy at 30% so almost nothing drops below that. Big sets are not supposed to go out there any more as of a couple years ago but I swear I've seen $200 sets go out there from time to time (though they may have been S&D and not subject to regular clearance).

I saw one today at a WM for $30... it has some nice elements, but that wasn't nearly enough of a discount. I probably would have bought at 20, too :D

The Friends Pop Star sets have been really cheap. I bought another recording studio for $7. Even at $15 it's decently priced but they had like 20. Great set for the pieces.

Managed to go after work to Toys R Us. They had at least 5 of the Spider Man bridge sets. After $20 sale, $10 off $75 that was in their mailer, and Thursday 10% with TRU card, it ended up at 37% off.

There's a new Lego Store opening in 2-3 weeks in San Diego. Got a mailer yesterday about it. The first 3 days, first 400 customers get some limited stuff with purchase.

Time for me to do a MOC where this scary bastard is chasing after my Native American minifigs.
And then you need to have the space marine mini figures come and chase the 'pilgrim'. It looks like an alien dressed up for halloween in a pilgrim outfit.

Who at Lego thought a pilgrim was a good idea? Then who thought after they designed this.... thing... that it should be made? What drugs are legal in Denmark and can I get some?

Today only save an extra 10% on everything at Target...

Except it doesn't include LEGO or online clearance, the only two things I bought at Target. 

The 10% won't cover the TRU Tax... I mean Target Tax.

Went by a local Target and then Books-a-Million to feel some Disney minifigures (teacher discounts work on them at BAM, so it brings the price to $4 like everywhere else)...I got 8 out of the 9 I needed to complete the set...

EDIT: Went by after work today and got Donald Duck; have the complete set now. Monsters and Disney series completed...none of the others really enticed me as a whole, so I'm gonna pick and choose. Probably going to bricklink a few here and there like Video Game Guy, and some of the monsters/halloween-themed from other sets.

The prisoner with black hair is nude waist down.
I actually don't think he is. Because these are whatever random parts LEGO had laying around I think his pants are actually 'bright yellow' or what I call Chima Yellow and not yellow yellow.

LEGO can have 20 colors of both blue and yellow but they couldn't keep the classic greys. Yeah I'm still pissed off about that 10 years later. :)

But if he is pantless.... my kind of guy... :whistle2:

More LEGO news!

If you spend $99 or more in October you get a free 210 piece box set that is a build and rebuild advent calendar. Not sure if it's the whole month or what. Also double points.

I've been kind of hoping there would be re-releases of some of the rarer figures. They reproduced the chicken suit guy and I was lucky enough to snag one. The bunny suit guy never happened though. I can't complete my furry orgy. :cry:

I've been kind of hoping there would be re-releases of some of the rarer figures. They reproduced the chicken suit guy and I was lucky enough to snag one. The bunny suit guy never happened though. I can't complete my furry orgy. :cry:
I'm hoping next year we get a bunny. I thought I bought a few and went to give my sister one and nope, just the one. I'm amazed but the second hand value of these damn things.

Yeah I know, it's pretty much the same damn set, just for $100 more.
That's insane. I didn't want to spend $399 on the previous set.

The constant price increases are sending me a message that I have better things to spend money on.

Between this and Assault on Hoth...I don't get it. Are they trying to drive away collectors?

That's insane. I didn't want to spend $399 on the previous set.

The constant price increases are sending me a message that I have better things to spend money on.

Between this and Assault on Hoth...I don't get it. Are they trying to drive away collectors?
You and I have been things to spend money on, however there are people who spend $500 on their nephew for a Christmas gift. LEGO knows this and is why they are increasing price. Last time the prices increased they blamed it on oil price, this time they just can do whatever they want because they can. Within two years the modular sets will probably $200 and become even smaller still. It wouldn't surprise me if Cafe Corner was remade next year with an interior and cost $200, simply because LEGO could charge $500 for it and be a better deal that secondary value.

Did anyone else get the catalog? I don't think there is a set in it that is below $50 besides Minecraft. Disney Castle on pages 1-2, the overpriced holiday train and overprices Death Star are on an insert, then it's the five modulars and then the other expensive sets and the several hundred dollar Technic sets. There used to be 1-2 expensive Technic sets a year, now there is like 5.

I bought the space shuttle for half off... and I still might return it because I feel ripped off. The $90 gas station is above the $90 airport hanger set at Target. Which do you think children will pick? A gas station that's tiny or an awesome big hanger with THREE planes? It's not that LEGO costs more, but it's also sets used to be around three years, I feel lucky if they are around 6 months before they are gone. I buy more LEGO in the winter because in the summer I garden and bike and hopefully travel. So I plan what I want at Thanksgiving and by then things might already be retired.

It used to be "I want this or that set' now it's 'If this is on sale for 20%, and that for 30% I'll get them". The only sets I feel are well priced and worth it are the $15 Friends sets, like the three games in one amusement ride set.

More LEGO news!

If you spend $99 or more in October you get a free 210 piece box set that is a build and rebuild advent calendar. Not sure if it's the whole month or what. Also double points.
That's not bad. I guess it's in October not to overlap with the free ornament? It looks hilariously generic since they already have a City one but honestly I think it could be more fun than the shoehorned Friends/SW themes. Plus the piece count seems similar.

Edit: Also, Death Star sucks.

That's not bad. I guess it's in October not to overlap with the free ornament? It looks hilariously generic since they already have a City one but honestly I think it could be more fun than the shoehorned Friends/SW themes. Plus the piece count seems similar.
It has no mini figures / minimills so that saves a ton on money. Before LEGO advent calendars became popular there were ones that were Basic / Creator theme, which the set reminds me of.

It also says it's Available Oct 1-25, but let's be real probably be gone within a week. So it makes me wonder if we are getting a Christmas free set like the 'ornament' at the end of October. There have normally been two free Christmas sets every year that are somewhat related. Or maybe the ornament is for November and nothing for Brick Friday.

I can't remember if I posted this yesterday, but the 20% off $75 or more at TRU.com today includes a few already discounted sets...

NinjaGo City of Stixx would be $67.20.

LEGO Elves Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle 41078 is a little cheaper.
LEGO Nexo Knights Jestro's Evil Mobile (70316) is already 20% off.
LEGO City Deep Sea Operation Base (60096) would be $64
Friends Airport is $61

I'm just happy I can build a various Sinister Six rosters this year so easily.

I'm also super glad I'm not a fan of Star Wars, especially now that LotR/HP lines both ended.

Well, with the TRU online deal and Amazon price-matching most of the sets, today seems like one of the rare chances (other than clearance) to save 20% on non-UCS LEGO Star Wars sets. Placed orders between the two sites for Rey's Speeder, C-3PO, Encounter on Jakku, and Battle on Takodana. Now I just have to wait until the Resistance X-Wing Fighter comes in at work (Costco; it's the main SW set this year, which is kinda lame, but it's going to be $65 instead of $80 [and will probably go on clearance at many locations, as the LEGO sets tend to do]). Once I scoop up the X-Wing, I'll finally have the complete Force Awakens lineup. Literally the only things I'll be without are the two Microfighters and two polybag minifigs (First Order General and First Order Stormtrooper).

If anybody has those two minifigs and would be willing to part with the pair for $20 or less shipped, I'd like to acquire them...but I'm not too concerned with my collection lacking them. 

My current goal is to build all the sets, then disassemble and sort them into my drawer cabinets for parts while making a shadow box display for all the Force Awakens minifigs...so it'd be nice to have those two to complete the collection entirely...but I can live without them...maybe...

TRU is having two Lego Disney princess events in September. Saturday sept 17th from 12-2 cogsworth is the build . On Saturday September 24th from12-2 lumiere is the build.
These look nice for the price. It will probably be a mad house since it's Lego and Disney

Yeah I know, it's pretty much the same damn set, just for $100 more. It's also in the new LEGO Catalog. And if you bought all the sets on the first 10 pages it would be $10,000.
Just got my copy of the catalog. IIRC, only one set under $99.99 on the first 12 pages, and it's still $49.99! Pricing me out.

Just got my copy of the catalog. IIRC, only one set under $99.99 on the first 12 pages, and it's still $49.99! Pricing me out.
Yeah I took a closer look. There is the $10 Airport Starter Set, and a few $20 Super Hero sets, everything else is through the roof. I do like how LEGO stuck the $90 gas station on one page and the $90 Airport Hanger on the other, so you don't see the ripoff as badly.

Yeah I took a closer look. There is the $10 Airport Starter Set, and a few $20 Super Hero sets, everything else is through the roof. I do like how LEGO stuck the $90 gas station on one page and the $90 Airport Hanger on the other, so you don't see the ripoff as badly.
This explains why the clearance legos aren't hanging around as long. I remember getting the batman joker steamroller set for 70% off at target and the lego movie motorcycle set for the a similar discount. Now, things don't hang around much past 30% at most stores. If you monitor brickseek closely you can sometimes see walmart price drops before they update the tags in stores.

This explains why the clearance legos aren't hanging around as long. I remember getting the batman joker steamroller set for 70% off at target and the lego movie motorcycle set for the a similar discount. Now, things don't hang around much past 30% at most stores. If you monitor brickseek closely you can sometimes see walmart price drops before they update the tags in stores.
Oh yeah. 15 years ago I'd get things 75% off. Then I didn't get deals for awhile, recently Walmart and Target had 30-50% off and I've been happy. I got the Steam Roller for 50% off at Target, but they had 25 of them, the next week, not a one. This year Target has been horrible and Walmart has been decent, but they go FAST.

But the problem is bigger, as I mentioned before even at 50% off the Space Shuttle set is still $60 and that's a ripoff.

I think LEGO has realized if people spend $500 for a phone every year why not $100 on a few sets a year?
Then they realized that there are 4 family members, each one gets a new phone every year, let's make dozens of $250+ sets to sell!

And it's clearly working because every year they make more and more and more. Just this year LEGO has released more $100+ Technic sets than I think they did in the last decade before.

I'm really hoping at a certain point people go "no" and LEGO realizes they went to far, like they did with the $40-50 advent calendars, now back to $30-40. Sadly I don't think that will happen because City is still a massive seller and still the one LEGO overprices the most.

I'm just thankful I got the huge Deep Sea boat because I haven't had this much fun building a set in years. It's just really nicely designed and the little details are great.

Are the Lego Dimensions sets supposed to come with two manuals? I opened the doc brown set but the train manual was missing.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

ALL of the Lego Dimension sets come only with instructions for the characters. You unlock most other instructions putting the characters in game. A few of them unlock after you get far enough in the expansion.

Ah I figured it was something like that. I looked up the PDF for my son to build. This was our first one. Thanks guys.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Those $10 sets are after page 12. That $90 gas station looks puny compared to the gas station I got over 20 years ago - http://brickset.com/sets/6397-1/Gas-N-Wash-Express and the one from 2007 - http://brickset.com/sets/7993-1/Service-Station even though it has more pieces. Does LEGO do base plates anymore?

Those $10 sets are after page 12. That $90 gas station looks puny compared to the gas station I got over 20 years ago - http://brickset.com/sets/6397-1/Gas-N-Wash-Express and the one from 2007 - http://brickset.com/sets/7993-1/Service-Station even though it has more pieces. Does LEGO do base plates anymore?
Was just thinking about base plates today. When I was a kid, a big set meant getting a base plate or two. Now I hardly ever see them. Some sets that should have them just have smaller pieces connected together by a common structure. I wonder if there's a manufacturing/packaging efficiency that they gain by not having the large plates.

I loved my airport set when I got back in the 80s.  The baseplates added so much to the playability of the set.  They definitely don't make them like this anymore.  

img002.jpg

Does LEGO do base plates anymore?

Nope. I think they are expensive and have been replaced by huge plates, like the Friends buildings get. The only sets that have baseplates now are the modulars. I do miss the police station from like 5 years ago had two, it looked nice.

LEGO designers did an interview and said they don't like using them because everything is then so square. But Pirates several years back had nice raised ones. I really don't think that's the reason, just the excuse as LEGO is very secretive.

And the issue with the lovely airports of the old days. The airport sets would need to be $1000 to make them the correct scale to the MASSIVE planes LEGO makes now-a-days.

bread's done
Back