LEGO Deals 3

Green Giant has finally been heard and they made a Lego Dimension set in his honor!

LEGO-Dimensions-The-Goonies-Level-Pack-71267-2017.jpg

Green Giant has finally been heard and they made a Lego Dimension set in his honor!
If LEGO was listening there would be a Garfield or Nintendo themed Dimensions i my honor. :p

FYI, I'm actually very handsome, yet have nothing to for it because gay guys don't date anyone over 24 now-a-days. However Karkyco loves me, so clearly you are just jealous. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still amazed with 80s nostalgia Lego is cashing in on that Goonies level pack. It's one thing to throw some buildings together for an A-Team "city" but another to actually build levels. Also, not that I'm complaining but finding the Lego Batman Movie Storypack for 23 bucks at Best Buy before launch makes me think Dimensions might be in some trouble. We'll see around this fall when a season 3 would need announcement.

LEGO-Dimensions-The-Goonies-Level-Pack-71267-2017.jpg
Friend showed me that today and all I could think was (A) HEY YOOOOOUUUU GUUUUUUUYYYYYSSSS!!!! (B) is this the first official derp/touched Lego minifig? (C ) is the derp transferable by putting Sloth's "wig hat" "cap" top of his head on other minifigs?

My friend pointed out some Kingdoms/Knights set with a hunchback and maybe Igor from some monster hunters line but those don't count. I'm talking Simple Jack full retard minifigure. A short bus MOC would be cruel yet my kind of humor.

I'm still amazed with 80s nostalgia Lego is cashing in on that Goonies level pack. It's one thing to throw some buildings together for an A-Team "city" but another to actually build levels. Also, not that I'm complaining but finding the Lego Batman Movie Storypack for 23 bucks at Best Buy before launch makes me think Dimensions might be in some trouble. We'll see around this fall when a season 3 would need announcement.
Honestly though, how much does it actually cost them? Not including the licensing, everything else but some of the molds for the figs are non existent.

Friend showed me that today and all I could think was (A) HEY YOOOOOUUUU GUUUUUUUYYYYYSSSS!!!! (B) is this the first official derp/touched Lego minifig? (C ) is the derp transferable by putting Sloth's "wig hat" "cap" top of his head on other minifigs?

My friend pointed out some Kingdoms/Knights set with a hunchback and maybe Igor from some monster hunters line but those don't count. I'm talking Simple Jack full retard minifigure. A short bus MOC would be cruel yet my kind of humor.
Should a tropic thunder level pack be in the works now? Can't wait for the half squat and Les Grossman mini-fig

Ashamed to say I was wondering the same thing...

I guess the beauty of the Lego brand is that they can take stuff like this and make it harmless and kid-friendly. My kids wanted to watch ET after seeing him in Dimensions and I had forgotten one of the characters drops a "penis breath" pretty early on. Being a kid in the 80's was different...

AWD has been hit and miss, but today they had a Volcano Starter set for $4.90 (Target normal $6), pretty much all he Angry Birds sets are 40% off, There was a Creator Lakeside lodge set hiding for $16.xx that someone beat me to. Might be worth taking a look. However you might need to look for the certain set. And because the 99 Dimensions, Homer Level back, Scooby Doo, Portal 2 were all up for $7-8.50. Portal seems gone, Homer is there for $6.80. I really want the Portal one. There is a Friends Supermarket for $18.80, great set. Minecraft Crafting Box for $33. Volcano Explorer Truck for $15.50. LEGO Nexo Knights 70320 Aaron Fox's Aero-Striker V2 is $19. LEGO Ninjago 70595 Ultra Stealth Raider Building Kit (1093 Piece) is $65. The Amazingly priced NinjaGo Hut / Dual Dragon set is $63. The Justice League movie that has Batzarro is $6.85 and there are several.

Should a tropic thunder level pack be in the works now? Can't wait for the half squat and Les Grossman mini-fig
Tug Speedman in Simple Jack, action movie, and dead panda suit variants. Jack Black in heroin withdrawals tighty whiteys. And of course Robert Downey Jr. in not-quite-blackface.

Saw new Batman display in Walmart today with Joker Batman training poly bag. $3.99 good value vs CMFs.

Also a ton of rollbacks. Some like Star Wars are repeats with 20-30% discounts. New are city sets (the park of minifigs is $31) and Friends (hot dog truck, super hero high school) plus a bunch of others.

TRU is a build event I think, might be restricted to kids. Walmart fumbled this event hard... mine had no idea what was going on or where shit was for it, even though it was on the list.

Got the a wing pilot poly at tru today

On a related note, saw the Lego batman movie today, very funny.
My TRU had none of them in sight. Signs about it for days but no actual product.

On the bright side, I price matched my in-store purchase with Amazon and saved myself the dreaded TRU Lego Tax. Don't know why I'd never tried price matching at TRU before. My closest store has probably the biggest selection of Lego in the city, and that includes the Lego Store itself. With all these shady Walmart markdowns that say they're in stock but rarely are, I should be shopping at TRU and price matching from now on.

Picked up the airport set at Fred Meyer for $40. They also had a couple of the Friends stages for ~60% off. I would guess the elves stuff was clearanced out too because there were no elves sets at all. Also Mixels were $2.

I haven't made it to a Target in a few weeks, have they been getting in more Batman mini figures? I still need 8-10 of them and I don't want a repeat of TLM where this disappeared as soon as the movie came out. I'll probably buy some from S@H tomorrow when LEGO has the free Disco and Clown Batman when you spend $75.

I haven't made it to a Target in a few weeks, have they been getting in more Batman mini figures? I still need 8-10 of them and I don't want a repeat of TLM where this disappeared as soon as the movie came out. I'll probably buy some from S@H tomorrow when LEGO has the free Disco and Clown Batman when you spend $75.
I saw some on Tuesday, two boxes that were semi full. First time I've seen them in a while, your assumptions will most likely be correct though.

I saw some on Tuesday, two boxes that were semi full. First time I've seen them in a while, your assumptions will most likely be correct though.
I'm hopeful that LEGO will not be stupid and make more like they did with Disney Series. It was so nice outside yesterday so I went for a hike, now we have a blizzard...

I heard about that, you guys are expected to get a ginormous amount of snow, nice and sunny out here
I tapped some maple trees for sap on Monday, nothing forecasted. I should have tapped higher. Monday night only one station said "Slight chance for a storm, one model says nothing, another a foot". Then it was 3-6, then 6-10, then 8-12. 16 inches later I think it stopped. I never saw anything like it. At 7:30 it might have been a half an inch and at 12:30 there was 14-16 inches, hard to tell with the drifting. But yesterday was in the 50s with a record high so I went for a hike instead of Target.

I tapped some maple trees for sap on Monday, nothing forecasted. I should have tapped higher. Monday night only one station said "Slight chance for a storm, one model says nothing, another a foot". Then it was 3-6, then 6-10, then 8-12. 16 inches later I think it stopped. I never saw anything like it. At 7:30 it might have been a half an inch and at 12:30 there was 14-16 inches, hard to tell with the drifting. But yesterday was in the 50s with a record high so I went for a hike instead of Target.
Didn't you live in Rochester at one point? Upstate New York knows snow storms. This must be something intense

Didn't you live in Rochester at one point? Upstate New York knows snow storms. This must be something intense
I have lived in the northeast all my life and I have never seen a 6-7 hour snowstorm dump 15-20 inches of snow. It wasn't a horrible storm, it was just such a quick hitter and gave us 3+ inches of snow an hour. 7:30-9 was 4 inches, it was 10 at 11:30, 12-16 at 12:30. Rochester gets 2-3 inches and hour for 15-30 minutes, and light snow that never stops, but I never saw this. However the only winter I lived there wasn't the whole winter and I was on the beach in December. Rochester this time last year got 24-30 inches of snow in between 10am and 7-8pm, their biggest snow storm for any day on record. I wasn't there though. The CT news team didn't believe a certified weather dude when he said there was nearly 3 inches of snow in 25 minutes. Sadly CT got the thundersnow, we didn't. Thundersnow is the coolest weather thing you will ever see.

I have lived in the northeast all my life and I have never seen a 6-7 hour snowstorm dump 15-20 inches of snow. It wasn't a horrible storm, it was just such a quick hitter and gave us 3+ inches of snow an hour. 7:30-9 was 4 inches, it was 10 at 11:30, 12-16 at 12:30. Rochester gets 2-3 inches and hour for 15-30 minutes, and light snow that never stops, but I never saw this. However the only winter I lived there wasn't the whole winter and I was on the beach in December. Rochester this time last year got 24-30 inches of snow in between 10am and 7-8pm, their biggest snow storm for any day on record. I wasn't there though. The CT news team didn't believe a certified weather dude when he said there was nearly 3 inches of snow in 25 minutes. Sadly CT got the thundersnow, we didn't. Thundersnow is the coolest weather thing you will ever see.
We actually had thunder snow in Buffalo a couple of months ago. It is quite impressive. I hate driving in these huge snow falls but if I am home and don't need to go out I really enjoy the experience, it's incredibly peaceful and picturesque to have a fresh blanket of 12" plus of snow. As former Buffalo mayor Jimmy Griffen once said ,stay inside ,grab a six pack

That's too green for February for me, I couldn't deal with that. :lol: Unless Cali becomes it's own country and you have insurance, then we can get married.

On topic - wife found Jestro's Volcano Lair for 70% off at Target today. She a'ight sometimes
So women are sometimes good for something. :lol:

Smog!!!

Just got back from Lego Batman...pretty funny. The boy and I enjoyed it. 3D wasn't worth the upcharge though.
Did you at least get a free keychain or polybag that certain places were giving away?

So women are sometimes good for something. :lol:

Did you at least get a free keychain or polybag that certain places were giving away?
No, they aren't.

And no we didn't. I think that was for the even more expensive IMAX and RPX showings.

Edit: just got an email about this promo

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/FREE-LEGO-Batman-Movie-Gift?CMP=EMC-VIP2017_02_10_TLBMminifiguresGWP_EN_US&HQS=hero_a_cta_NA_EN&RMID=SAHVIP_2017_02_10_TLBMminifiguresGWP_NA&RRID=1682879

Not bad but it's not my Wayne Manor. I'd like to the vehicles separated but it doesn't look like there are any pics yet. Plus June 1st is ridiculous. I wish they wouldn't try and milk the line so far out from the movie.
We had three releases of The Lego Movie over a course of the year. There are four more sets coming out in the summer, this will probably be released with those. I don't see what the issue is of when they come out.

We had three releases of The Lego Movie over a course of the year. There are four more sets coming out in the summer, this will probably be released with those. I don't see what the issue is of when they come out.
The last round of lego movie sets were terrible. The double decker couch was literally the same couch that came with the sea cow, the police car was boring, and the unkitty/batman set was also phoned in. I'd say in theory I don't care that they spread out the releases but the crappier stuff tends to come in the end which indicates they are just churning out sets for people who want the complete line and aren't putting effort into it.

I liked all of the last wave of movie sets. People wanted the couch without having to shell out for the sea cow. Cop car was cool but i can see how people would think it was meh.
And I liked the super angry unikitty set. Price was good and I think that was the only way to get her.
And regarding the June release for the batmobile I am betting that's when the blu ray will be released, tie in.

I picked up Lego Dimensions knight rider today. The website and in store sticker price says $11.99 but it will ring up at the register for $7.19 as there is a 40% off sale on most dimensions through tomorrow

The last round of lego movie sets were terrible. The double decker couch was literally the same couch that came with the sea cow, the police car was boring, and the unkitty/batman set was also phoned in. I'd say in theory I don't care that they spread out the releases but the crappier stuff tends to come in the end which indicates they are just churning out sets for people who want the complete line and aren't putting effort into it.
I still don't understand your point of how the date is ridiculous. You wanted all 20 TLM sets to come out at the same time? If they released the last round of TLM sets with the first two waves would that make them better in your view? If you like the set what difference does it make that it comes out four months later, and that like El rey said, probably is to tie in with the summer sets and DVD release.

I still don't understand your point of how the date is ridiculous. You wanted all 20 TLM sets to come out at the same time? If they released the last round of TLM sets with the first two waves would that make them better in your view? If you like the set what difference does it make that it comes out four months later, and that like El rey said, probably is to tie in with the summer sets and DVD release.
The date thing is mainly because I (and most people) are more likely to impulse buy during the theatrical release for myself or my kids and it's annoying that better stuff may be coming. Also it's probably = false correlation but it feels like the later sets in the line are the rejects or cannibalized parts of others. Ultimately I just learned that even with The Lego Movie I wouldn't be able to collect an entire line without buying some sets that I would never open. I've never stockpiled lego other than a couple of modular buildings that I sort of regret (Firehouse and Townhall) because I'm not interested in reselling or collecting for the sake of it. I'd just rather there were 20 unique sets in a line rather than the tons of overlap Lego usually has. Release timing is actually irrelevant.

The date thing is mainly because I (and most people) are more likely to impulse buy during the theatrical release for myself or my kids and it's annoying that better stuff may be coming. Also it's probably = false correlation but it feels like the later sets in the line are the rejects or cannibalized parts of others. Ultimately I just learned that even with The Lego Movie I wouldn't be able to collect an entire line without buying some sets that I would never open. I've never stockpiled lego other than a couple of modular buildings that I sort of regret (Firehouse and Townhall) because I'm not interested in reselling or collecting for the sake of it. I'd just rather there were 20 unique sets in a line rather than the tons of overlap Lego usually has. Release timing is actually irrelevant.
You have a very weird way of thinking.
People impulse buy a $130 set? I wish I could do that.
There are summer releases of sets all the time, are they all rejects?
Then you admit that release timing is actually irrelevant when yesterday it was ridiculous? :wall:

If you like the set, then buy the set, you don't like the set, then don't buy it.

Amazingly, most people impulse buy lego because the largest market is parents buying for kids. There is very little research behind most lego purchases, even for higher cost sets.

I only think the timing is irrelevant because I don't think there is ill intent. It appears that better or worse sets are held back for later release, either to convince people to double dip in the line or collectors to buy recycled content. Looking at that theory across lines it doesn't hold up and even then it's highly subjective based on what I think is "better".

I just learned with The Lego Movie line that even with a limited series it was extremely unlikely I'd be satisfied with all sets. I was looking at getting a single set to commemorate the new movie with my kids who went ballistic when the lego movie came out and Batman looks to be almost as good. Now seeing some much better upcoming sets I'll probably hold off because we're not going to be getting random lego much more.

bread's done
Back