LEGO Deals 3

If you are having wet dreams I suggest hiring a hooker.

Anyways......

I think Target is price matching Walmart and Amazon is also matching. So these are probably going to be the new 'official' prices for the sets. But also Walmart and Amazon have he Star Wars Chamber sets with Boba Fett and Han for only $14. Which is a great deal.

Welcome to 2014.

TRU has LEGO Ultra Agents Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown (70163) for $26 shipped after coupon code spring20. (I still love the minifigures but still hate the set itself.)

Also has free shipping on everything.

Also the Friends tan school is only $64, good for tan pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to 2014.

TRU has LEGO Ultra Agents Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown (70163) for $26 shipped after coupon code spring20. (I still love the minifigures but still hate the set itself.)

Also has free shipping on everything.

Also the Friends tan school is only $64, good for tan pieces.
I love that you tried comic sans but it comes up as fancy script on iOS.

I love that you tried comic sans but it comes up as fancy script on iOS.
I copied and pasted the name of the set that made the font crazy, so I figured it's such an old set and I loved comic sans when I used AIM 15 years ago so why not. :)

Also this is too damn funny, and why people hate AWD.

To discribe a LEGO set....

Item has no cosmetic scratches or blemishes. Item has no cracks or dents. Missing Assembly Hardware. Missing Manual. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

Thanks y'all. Only one store discounted near me ($15!) but sold out.

Brickseek seems to think it's fancy now. I guess all those premium subscription dollars went toward redesigning the site to appeal to 40 year old housewives.

Thanks y'all. Only one store discounted near me ($15!) but sold out.

Brickseek seems to think it's fancy now. I guess all those premium subscription dollars went toward redesigning the site to appeal to 40 year old housewives.
Who else besides 40 year old house wives would ever pay for that? They need to see which Target to hit up and give me nasty looks for being in THEIR store during clearance.

I lagged on hitting a Wal-fart that was showing 2 of those packs for $20.  Oh well I'll wait for another location to clearance them; most are showing significant inventory of it.

I lagged on hitting a Wal-fart that was showing 2 of those packs for $20. Oh well I'll wait for another location to clearance them; most are showing significant inventory of it.
Yeah only one near me has them for $25, but it's way out of the way. I'll wait for them to be cheaper closer.

Interestingly TRU is having a good sale, literally a, as in only one random Racers set. Two cars, a flag stand, 550 pieces, 5,000 stickers, only $25.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45476116&cp=2255956.2273442.3137242.49102596&parentPage=search

I awoke this morning to alerts for cheap Lego products on Amazon. Looks like a scammer who has a ton of sets for sale at unrealistic prices. Assembly Square for $170 and Ghostbusters HQ for $228. Only three old reviews on that account. Be safe out there.

I awoke this morning to alerts for cheap Lego products on Amazon. Looks like a scammer who has a ton of sets for sale at unrealistic prices. Assembly Square for $170 and Ghostbusters HQ for $228. Only three old reviews on that account. Be safe out there.
The other day that seller had EVERY Lego product on sale for at least 40% off, so it had to be a scam.

And some actual LEGO 'deals'! S@H has two Super Hero Girl sets on sale. The dominatrix and Super Dog set and the ugly as shit arcade sets are 20% off, the Guess Who game is $24 and has 16 minifigures and 500 pieces, the birthday party set is back down to $5.

Not a deal but odd thing I saw the other day. The Shopko chain of stores frequently offers $10 off $50/ $15 off $75 reusable coupons. Before the recent glut of rollback and Amazon pricing for Lego sets this was pretty great, especially on clearance buys. Last trip to the store I noticed small stickers on the high end sets saying "report if you see for resale Shopko". I know margins on Lego (supposedly) is small, but that struck me as a bit off. If you don't want resellers simply exclude Lego from coupons.

What right would Shopko have to stop resellers though? Someone bought it from them, what business of their's is it if that person then sells it?

Yeah the entire thing is weird and pointless. If anyone wants to resell a set they can just rip the sticker off to start.

If they think you are reselling it then they can prevent you from buying it. But that would be a horrible idea and a great way to piss people off. Howver fuck them if they are trying to tell you what you can and can't do AFTER you already bought it from them.

We already have a fig called 'bigfig'.

I got greedy and was hoping the Nexo Knights Lava battle pack would go cheaper than 50% off, but now it's sold out. It was a good deal for those lava monsters to fit into my old Castle theme.

I'm still amazed that LEGO fans defend LEGO's pricing. 'Yes LEGO, price gouge me some more!' *bends over and hands LEGO the lube... I mean money*. It costs LEGO a fraction of the price it did in the 80s to make bricks today. 'But inflation!!!!!', okay, then let's do that with oil which with inflation would be more expensive back in the 80s than it is today. But cheaper oil doesn't make LEGO cheaper. Stickers do, robots do, cheaper quality plastic does. $4.33 for a minifigure in an Accessory Pack is fine!

May LEGO Calendar is out, pretty neat little 'freebie'.
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-may-2017-store-calendar-promotions-and-events/

Also calendar has a Cars 3 set shown. It's a junior set that looks exactly like the other ones. They probably just named it Junior to charge more.

Target ad this week has 20% off Lego Batman and Super Heroes, Duplo, and Minecraft.

Also a couple of coupons for spend $50 or $100 and get $10 or $25 off Star Wars purchases...probably excludes Lego but report if you get it to work in store.

Target ad this week has 20% off Lego Batman and Super Heroes, Duplo, and Minecraft.

Also a couple of coupons for spend $50 or $100 and get $10 or $25 off Star Wars purchases...probably excludes Lego but report if you get it to work in store.

Sadly Target this year fixed the awesomeness that was 20% off of the already cheaper online price. :(

And now we have LEGO fans complaining that the May the Fourth give-away isn't a (useless) episode 7 Luke and that you would think that after last year's backlash LEGO would come up with something better. No, what I would think is LEGO will send you a 'poster' that says 'fuck off'. Only LEGO fans would complain about getting a free neat little set. But they are entitled to more!

Sadly Target this year fixed the awesomeness that was 20% off of the already cheaper online price. :(

And now we have LEGO fans complaining that the May the Fourth give-away isn't a (useless) episode 7 Luke and that you would think that after last year's backlash LEGO would come up with something better. No, what I would think is LEGO will send you a 'poster' that says 'fuck off'. Only LEGO fans would complain about getting a free neat little set. But they are entitled to more!
People are complaining about the R2 set?

People are complaining about the R2 set?
Because they demand an exclusive minifigure like 2011-16, but not a shitty one like last year, a good one! There is this notion The way LEGO has taken away the holiday PaB box, and coupons they should be fucking grateful for a great little polybag. I mean R2D2 is the only character in every single Episode of Star Wars. It's like gays I know that went "It's so hard growing up gay". I'm like "You lived in a liberal city, white, rich and your parents bought you a fucking hard, yeah your life is hard".

I will continue to bitch about pricing however I almost bought myself some Rock Raider sets on eBay. I regret not doing so. There were 2 sets, like 97% complete that were only $30. Back in 1999 one was $50 (355 pieces) and the other was $15-20 (About 100 pieces). Plus we are winning the pricing war, just look at the City set prices, much better than the last few years.

Not Lego, but Best Buy has the Megablocks USS Enterprise NCC-1701 clearanced for $79.99 Listed at $249 originally.

Grabbed one at that price.

Megablocks USS Enterprise NCC-1701

megabloks-u.s.s.enterprise-ncc-1701-dph83-15316.jpg

I'd done such a good job resisting that when it dropped to $99, but at $79 I couldn't resist. Amazon price matched, so $79.99 (plus 5% with amazon visa, plus 0.5% back to the school - smile amazon com)

Thanks!

Brickset.com has a few articles about the next series of CMF. Even they question the random mystery behind the mystery figure (who looks like a pirate with a cape.). However head over there for some great pictures. The butterfly girl is really cute.

Brickset.com has a few articles about the next series of CMF. Even they question the random mystery behind the mystery figure (who looks like a pirate with a cape.). However head over there for some great pictures. The butterfly girl is really cute.
Rocket man is pretty great too. Can't say I'm interested in yet another hodgepodge of CMF though.

I'd done such a good job resisting that when it dropped to $99, but at $79 I couldn't resist. Amazon price matched, so $79.99 (plus 5% with amazon visa, plus 0.5% back to the school - smile amazon com)

Thanks!
I was set to buy it at $99, but waited until i got home as I had $50 in gift cards.

Pleasantly surprised when it had dropped another $20.

TRU.com has free shipping on any order, this is a good deal mixed with the BOGO40%. Because the BOGO sale prices work on two similar priced items and not just on the cheapest. There are some a few small deals.

Also creepy giraffe is $6 instead of $10.

TRU.com has free shipping on any order, this is a good deal mixed with the BOGO40%. Because the BOGO sale prices work on two similar priced items and not just on the cheapest. There are some a few small deals.

Also creepy giraffe is $6 instead of $10.
I hadn't looked at the closeup of the giraffe before. His arms around those kids on the box gives off a very unsettling vibe

I hadn't looked at the closeup of the giraffe before. His arms around those kids on the box gives off a very unsettling vibe
Yeah, it's what makes him creepy. Him standing is just odd, but those arms, and then the teeth. the teeth were a bad idea, like he's going "Come closer my children so I can eat you".

So naturally I'll be buying two. :lol:

I recall last year I was able to go to some exclusive event before the store opened and got the space slug. They doing that again this year?
There is a Star Wars set exclusive from an event, not a store, coming up, but I don't think there is a special invite at your local store. That didn't seem to go over well.

And who here works at a LEGO store and stole a box of VW Beetles?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Creator-Mini-VW-Beetle-40252-Factory-Sealed-Case-8-Sets-In-Hand-/172603906336?hash=item282ffe9920:g:t~gAAOSwdGFY3YKD

LEGO is saying no to Ideas based on current licenses. Finally.

I started looking into LEGO on eBay but me being a super mega cheapass I keep missing out on good things by not bidding enough. The latest one was $25.75+$11shipping for at least 23 minifigures, mostly SpongeBob. A $20-30 construction set, a $10 Atlantis set, several Spongebob sets that may be very close to complete. I wanted it for his house and the Super Hero costumes they had as I already had most of the sets. If the seller bother to look they could have sold the stuff separately for $100+.

This thing for Star Wars Celebration in Florida next month.

http://brickset.com/article/27427/star-wars-celebration-exclusive-set-revealed!

bread's done
Back