LEGO Deals 3

Want an old man Luke Skywalker minifigure...he only comes in one set, a $30 rock with a door. Thanks Lego.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ahch-To-Island-Training-75200
That looks like a scene from Lord of the Rings.

a_9472_box_front_800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Found an Unkar/Jaaku Encounter set for $30 at a different store. Half price, and I like the beast of burden and the minifigs included, but I'm still not committed to keeping it. Maybe I'll find another one cheaper during this clearance.

I'll defend LEGO for a change.

1. It's only $30.
2. It's a full rock hut. Two years ago it be a door and a wall and cost $60.
3. What else would LEGO have done? Luke is horrible and lame in the movie.
1. The only reason anybody would ever buy that set is because it comes with Luke. So it's essentially a $30 minifig with some extra pieces.

2. Look again. You can see the background color through the door cloth, so it is only half a rock hut. Or a curved, lumpy wall with a door if would prefer.

3. Yeah, they screwed up Luke big time, but it's cannon now. Old Leia and Han need an old Luke to complete the trinity.

Anyone have any ideas on how to find the Old Fishing Store for less than $150. I’ve seen it at Barnes and Noble and I believe it’s also on Target.com and TRU.com, but it seems like LEGO has locked down all the discount loopholes outside of the Target clearance cycle (I know there’s still one way to get a discount through the LEGO store but I want to be above board about this and just get a 10-20% discount 😜).

Has anyone seen the LEGO Ninjago movie? Is it any good? Debating whether to get the Best Buy steelbook or not while it’s still available

1. The only reason anybody would ever buy that set is because it comes with Luke. So it's essentially a $30 minifig with some extra pieces.

2. Look again. You can see the background color through the door cloth, so it is only half a rock hut. Or a curved, lumpy wall with a door if would prefer.

3. Yeah, they screwed up Luke big time, but it's cannon now. Old Leia and Han need an old Luke to complete the trinity.
1. So? You just explained about 90% of sets LEGO made this year. You get 250 pieces in a $30 Star Wars set that has a decent minifigure. Would you rather they stick the old Luke with the $150 At-AT?

2. Okay... so it's half a hut. That's more than all Friends buildings and most non-Creator buildings LEGO has made in the last 5 years. AKA at least it's not a $60 wall.

3. You seem to hate half a hut when old Leia came in a horrible $60 ship, and old Luke came with a $150 Falcon and a mess of a set. I don't know why you hate the set so much. It's a typical modern days LEGO set but isn't hugely overpriced.

Would you rather they stick the old Luke with the $150 At-AT?
Yeah, cause I just bought that at Walmart for $109! :D/

My son and I can play with this ugly sucker...don't want to play with a rock.

They missed an opportunity here to make a really cool island with the saber training rock, little stone huts, jedi tree library, and the black hole thing. Coulda made caretaker minifigs, roasted porgs. etc.

Maybe Rian Johnson is creating some of these Lego sets! So much story, material, and potential turned into a baffling series of missteps.

Yeah, cause I just bought that at Walmart for $109! :D/

My son and I can play with this ugly sucker...don't want to play with a rock.

They missed an opportunity here to make a really cool island with the saber training rock, little stone huts, jedi tree library, and the black hole thing. Coulda made caretaker minifigs, roasted porgs. etc.

Maybe Rian Johnson is creating some of these Lego sets! So much story, material, and potential turned into a baffling series of missteps.
So let me get this straight. You are complaining that old Luke is in the cheapest set of the three 'old' original characters, then go on to describe a $200 set. I have an idea for you, just buy 5 hut rock sets and build your own. Remember when LEGO was about building your own thing and didn't cost as much as a car?! Amazing.

Has anyone seen the LEGO Ninjago movie? Is it any good? Debating whether to get the Best Buy steelbook or not while it’s still available
I took my whole family to see it. My kids (12, 9, 6) are huge Lego fans and loved The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman movie. Ninjago was just OK to them. It's not a bad movie, but I didn't find it nearly as enjoyable as the previous 2 movies. I'm skipping the Blu-Ray/UHD until it hits $10.

Creator Lakeside Lodge #31048 is on Amazon right now for $15 — https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017B1BEBE/
I love this set. The Ninjago Movie was flat IMO. The live action parts were pointless and the cast of characters was grossly generalized from the TV counterparts. I’m used to anime movies having different feel than the series they are based on but this was blah. My kids love Ninjago and really had no opinion on it.

AKA at least it's not a $60 wall.
That's about the best that can be said about it. Given that Old Luke is probably not high on kids' wish lists, it really is a good thing that Lego is not sticking it to people who just want the damn minifigs.

That said, it should be a $20 set, and would be a lot more palatable if it were. Or even $25 to accommodate the Star Wars tax. There are plenty of $20 sets that seem to give so much more in terms of design and play value than this. Even Lego seemed to be grasping at straws in their description -- you know you're in trouble when "Kitchenware elements also included." gets its own bullet point. It's the most ridiculous copy for a design feature I've seen from them since "Cherries in trash". Nothing says Star Wars like kitchenware.

My three takeaways:

1) It really doesn't look like the buildings in the movie, which since they're made of stacked stone and Lego is stacked bricks should really not be that hard to do.

2) Rey slices open a squat boulder to reveal gems? Yeah, I remember that scene.

3) That porg was beaten by the ugly stick. (So that's what Rey's staff is!)

Picked up the Y-Wing at Walmart for $35. I've been waiting for it to go under $40 since it came out.

Too bad that Walmart is so disorganized. Most of the sets listed on Brickseek we're also on clearance, but nowhere in sight. Since the quantities were 2 or less, my guess is theft.

Happy New Year! If you didn't know it was the new year maybe you are in the market for a new clock...

A new LEGO clock....

TRU has Joker and Batgirl clocks for $8.38 after discount and a code.

I have the Buzz Lightyear clock, it's actually pretty good.

I dearly loved (love) the The Lego Movie and The Batman Lego movie had enough great jokes to keep it afloat even as it turned into a Dimensions ad in the 3rd act. I let grandma take the kids Ninjago and bought it thinking it would be good enough to keep around but after the first viewing I'm rethinking it. The animation is just fantastic, especially in the city segments, but the whole film struggles to look like more than a phoned in cash grab. Interestingly, there's a bunch of fully deleted animated scenes that followed an entirely different plot. That's almost impossible because it means the studio was in full production when they just scrapped the original story which is never a good sign.

That said Destiny's Bounty and Ninjago City are absolutely amazing sets.

Just wanna note that the Micro sets currently on clearance at Target have some good figures. The Bizarro just needs a full-sized set of blue legs to be a great version of a character that was previously only a Comic Con exclusive. The Thanos really amuses me, too, and his little car is an Infinity GauntletMobile, which I love. The Iron Man in that set is also a nice change from the metallic versions in all the other sets. Old school yellow and red. The Scorpion in the Spidey Micro set is a fun version, too. I put some full-sized green legs on him and he looks great.

I can't remember who it was but happened with the table situation with the Millennium Falcon, any updates?
That was me. I've been swamped with a lot of projects, but I'm in the process of building a table. The coffee table that I purchased will not fit the UCS Falcon in any way.

That was me. I've been swamped with a lot of projects, but I'm in the process of building a table. The coffee table that I purchased will not fit the UCS Falcon in any way.
Thx, last I remember was the dimensions not being properly described or something along those sorts.

Just wanna note that the Micro sets currently on clearance at Target have some good figures. The Bizarro just needs a full-sized set of blue legs to be a great version of a character that was previously only a Comic Con exclusive. The Thanos really amuses me, too, and his little car is an Infinity GauntletMobile, which I love. The Iron Man in that set is also a nice change from the metallic versions in all the other sets. Old school yellow and red. The Scorpion in the Spidey Micro set is a fun version, too. I put some full-sized green legs on him and he looks great.
I have all the Mighty Micros and frankly don't think they get enough credit. They are normally well designed and a lot of cute cheap fun. I bought all of them for $5-$7 each and well worth it.

I got my daghter the Robin brickhead for Christmas.  He's adorable.   I like the new Wonder Woman and Aquaman ones.   

The rest of 'em?  Notsomuch.

BrickHeadz are hitting $5 at a nearby store now. They don't really appeal to me. Is anyone buying them?
I have been getting them. At $5/6, they are reasonable to me. They are kind of cute. As an aside, I like Mighty Muggs but don't like Funko Pops. I think Funko Pops are creepy with soulless eyes waiting to murder me. Brickheadz are somewhere in between. I don't find them adorable, but they are cute enough. Robin and Joker are the most appealing to me, and they're definitely cute.

The builds are very similar -- they all seem to have the same core and share overall design elements. They make for a nice display and don't take up much room. Sorry if this doesn't seem to be running over with excitement: I'd say they are good, not great.

Target seems to have these on clearance: Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Joker, Jack Sparrow, Armando Salazar, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Belle, Beast.

Prices vary -- a single store may have (say) Batgirl at $5, but Batman at $7. That puts the average at 2 for $12 or $6 each, which I'll do.

I got all the above, but will be repurposing Armando into Edward Scissorhands.

I would say pick up one and see if it's something you like, unless you're the type where OCD won't allow you to have just one.

I will never catch 'em all, so no problem here.

Picked up some sets today from Target all 50% off, I got the Nexo Knights Fortrex (finally), Ninjago Dragon's Forge, Friends Amusement Park Roller Coaster, Nexo Knights The Heligoyle, Lego City, Fire Utility Truck, and Lego City Ferry.

If you missed the Scuttler (#70908), Farm and Fleet has it on sale online for $44.99.

There are some Nexo Knights sets 40% off (rumble maker, rock climber). Temple of the Ultimate Weapon and Fire Mech are 25% off as are some other Ninjago sets. (Warning: their "regular price" is sometimes a bit above RRP. Check to make sure you're not getting TRU'ed.)

If you have a F&F in your area, the Ninjago CMFs are on sale for $2.39.

They charge shipping but their coupon page has $5 off $50 or $10 off $100 which may make it worth your while. Shipping on Fire Mech + four smaller sets was 3 bucks after coupon, not bad. Cheaper than driving for me.

(If you need to nudge your order over $50, the small classic creativity boxes are on sale for $3.74.)

Picked up some sets today from Target all 50% off, I got the Nexo Knights Fortrex (finally), Ninjago Dragon's Forge, Friends Amusement Park Roller Coaster, Nexo Knights The Heligoyle, Lego City, Fire Utility Truck, and Lego City Ferry.
I loved building this set. The two element dragon is one of my favorite dragons that Lego has made.

Due to the temperature being in the teens today, it was a perfect day to stay inside and build Legos. I was originally going to try and finish up my UCS Falcon, but I had a Y-Wing and Kylo's Tie Fighter just staring at me. I've been itching to build the Y-Wing ever since I saw the newer design. It's a very impressive build. There were a lot of fun building techniques and a great selection of mini-figures. I also really like the bombing mechanism that they've built into the ship.

Well worth the $35 I spent on it.

Due to the temperature being in the teens today...

In Massachusetts if it were in the teens we would be sunbathing. :p

It was -21 last night officially, -14 to -19 at my home. The lowest temp ever recorded at the airbase was -22. It hasn't been over freezing since Christmas and over 20 in a week. we got 10-18 inches of snow the other day. (Impossible to tell how much because of drifting.)

I've been building some Power Miners I bought months ago on eBay. Really grew to love about half the theme.

My local walmart has the First Order Star Destroyer for $79 according to the app, and the Heavy Assault Walker for $74.

Edit:  Went and bought the Star Destroyer.  Price might have just dropped today, shelf had the old clearance price of $124.

Those of you into Lego SW, any interest in a vintage set like this:

https://i.imgur.com/Ighovp4l.jpg

I have it 99 percent complete in box with minifigures and manual. There's 1 piece missing, the tiny plastic part they hold as a steering wheel. I may be able to substitute the part of a different color. Only other thing to note for collectors, there's a small tear/edge wear where the box opens on the backside.

https://i.imgur.com/ridJbZyl.jpg

The Iron Man/Detroit Steel set is $13 at most WMarts around here. I bought two this week and built one. Love it! A cool mech, Sam Rockwell and Clark Gregg figs, and Lola is the same scale as the Speed Champions cars, so she would display well with those. I gonna try and kitbash the Lola flying car chassis into another car from Speed Champions--maybe the Mustang  :D

Also seen at WMart this week: Ultimate Batmoble for 69, Batwing for 49, SuperHero Girls Eclipsa(?) Bad Guy Fortress for 45 (tempting!).

Oh, and I found the Lego City park/playground people pack for $15 and bought another one of those. Great deal.

Almost bought the Star Wars Advent Calendar for $17 but ultimately left it there. There were a few--may check back in a week.

AND, they had the LBM 8-figure display cases for $7 at this WM, and I bought one. Should have grabbed more.

Obviously, the original ship is better. But I much prefer the bottle and stand of the actual set much more.

The stand looks much fancier, with the globes fitting the scale of the stand. The compass also fits better than the cannon by far. And it looks like an actual stand you would make from wood.

The bottle also looks much more like a liquor bottle. Specifically, a fancy whiskey bottle. The original looks like a Jack Daniels bottle with a wire cage. It's less fancy.

The original feels like a ship that includes a bottle display.

Thanks. Sounds more convenient than walking down the aisles with a armful of things looking for a scanner.

Now I just need to decide if the Tracker is worth $35.

My local walmart has the First Order Star Destroyer for $79 according to the app, and the Heavy Assault Walker for $74.

Edit: Went and bought the Star Destroyer. Price might have just dropped today, shelf had the old clearance price of $124.
Thanks for posting. Most of my local Walmarts dropped prices today at mostly around half off. That Star Destroyer is my Holy Grail right now...OOS at all the stores with $79 price, only a few even have stock at $160.

$6 off "Can you smell what the Luke is cooking" set at Walmart online:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Ahch-To-Island-Training-75200/659053872

The Iron Man/Detroit Steel set is $13 at most WMarts around here. I bought two this week and built one. Love it! A cool mech, Sam Rockwell and Clark Gregg figs, and Lola is the same scale as the Speed Champions cars, so she would display well with those. I gonna try and kitbash the Lola flying car chassis into another car from Speed Champions--maybe the Mustang :D

Also seen at WMart this week: Ultimate Batmoble for 69, Batwing for 49, SuperHero Girls Eclipsa(?) Bad Guy Fortress for 45 (tempting!).

Oh, and I found the Lego City park/playground people pack for $15 and bought another one of those. Great deal.

Almost bought the Star Wars Advent Calendar for $17 but ultimately left it there. There were a few--may check back in a week.

AND, they had the LBM 8-figure display cases for $7 at this WM, and I bought one. Should have grabbed more.
Thanks El Gray! I found a Detroit Steel for $13 and a Batwing for $45. Also found 76078 Hulk vs. Red Hulk for $25 and 76081 The Milano vs. The Abilisk for $21.

Thanks El Gray! I found a Detroit Steel for $13 and a Batwing for $45. Also found 76078 Hulk vs. Red Hulk for $25 and 76081 The Milano vs. The Abilisk for $21.
Good finds! I'd like to get that Hulks set for cheap somewhere down the line. $25 sounds like a fair price!

Thanks. Sounds more convenient than walking down the aisles with a armful of things looking for a scanner.

Now I just need to decide if the Tracker is worth $35.
The app is nice on the phone because you can also see prices at other stores too and if it's in stock. This obviates the need to use brickseek. You can always point to the app and tell the associate that it's supposed to be here. Works better than "brickseek said it is here" line

Used the app yesterday and was surprised at how useful it was. Much easier than Brickseek for most things.

What. I did find interesting is that the app was really wrong on the quantity for Transformers. I've been waiting to pick up a Megatron. It was listed as out of stock at every location. Yet there were 3+ copies at 2 different Walmarts.

Even after I scanned it, it showed at 0 stock.

Found the Ravager Attack for 9 and the Milano/Abelisk (OOP, I think?) for 21 at one WM, then got the Hela/Thor/Valkyrie set for 25 and Ayesha's Revenge for 15 at another store. Whoop!

That app is great! I used it for checking prices in the second store and it worked perfectly.

bread's done
Back