LEGO Deals 3

Weird that it went so cheap. $90 would be the cheapest I've ever seen a modular.

Amazon has the Santa Brickhead for $9, the LEGO Ambulance helicopter for $6.50, Friends Art Truck for $8, Hulkbuster $12.50, Vador Castle $78, Steph's house is 60%. Some great things for gifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woke up at 6 am because of loud trash trucks outside, but still not early enough to get the $90 Parisian Restaurant. Oh well, not an issue.

Got a $50 Capitol Building and a $50 Ferrari Garage yesterday at Target and some really good deals at Kohl's the other day. They had a bunch of sets on clearance at 60% off and I got $45 in Kohl's cash on top that I used to get 2 of the People Pack Outdoor Adventure sets (for the eagles and babybjorns, of course).

Also got the Batmobile, Disney Train, Y-Wing, and a few other sets from S@H for the GWPs earlier in the weekend. Lame that they ran out of the GWPs so quickly. Feels like in the past they did a better job of predicting demand.

Overall a decent Black Friday week if somewhat uneventful.

If anyone is in San Antonio, you can still get the Parisian Restaurant for $89 via Prime Now. Other cities may have it as well, but that's the only one I saw.

Many cities also still have the Tron set for $14 via Prime Now. It is available in NYC. I am debating getting another 1-2 of them delivered today at that price.

Don't forget to tip your Prime driver. 

If anyone is in San Antonio, you can still get the Parisian Restaurant for $89 via Prime Now. Other cities may have it as well, but that's the only one I saw.

Many cities also still have the Tron set for $14 via Prime Now. It is available in NYC. I am debating getting another 1-2 of them delivered today at that price.

Don't forget to tip your Prime driver.
$15 is the price point I'd buy TRON at. I bought PR because I really wanted it for $112, The Ambulance Helicopter for $6 because the figures are worth that and the Hulkbuster because I figured the next one will be $60 when it comes out. :lol:

Jealous of your guys' recent deals. I haven't had luck with the timing. I paid 20 bucks for a USED tron set because I panicked that they would be hard to find soon and start hitting that 50-100 dollar marker. Would definitely buy a second for under 20

Jealous of your guys' recent deals. I haven't had luck with the timing. I paid 20 bucks for a USED tron set because I panicked that they would be hard to find soon and start hitting that 50-100 dollar marker. Would definitely buy a second for under 20
I missed on TRON so if I see it back in stock for cheap I'll shout at you.

I know I’m pretty much one of the only Technic collectors active on this forum, but I really want that Top Gear Rally Car. Looks awesome and I really want to play around with the new RC system. The $250 off roader was just too pricey for me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/383042/lego-top-gear-rally-car/amp/
Did you pick up the Lego Technic 42081 Volvo ZEUX for $69.99 or the 42077 Rally Car for $54.99 at Target this week? Those prices are 50% off. I'm sure they will hit the clearance cycle after Xmas, but stuff rarely lasts past 50% around here.

I got the rally car for in store pick up but Target.com wouldn't let me do that for the Volvo. When I went to a store that had some, I also found a 42099 X-treme Off-roader that someone had ordered online and returned. It was marked down to $175 so I grabbed that too!

Got Emmetts Dream House, Rescue Rocket at Target yesterday. Had been eyeing that set for a while and couldn’t pass up 50% off

Did you pick up the Lego Technic 42081 Volvo ZEUX for $69.99 or the 42077 Rally Car for $54.99 at Target this week? Those prices are 50% off. I'm sure they will hit the clearance cycle after Xmas, but stuff rarely lasts past 50% around here.

I got the rally car for in store pick up but Target.com wouldn't let me do that for the Volvo. When I went to a store that had some, I also found a 42099 X-treme Off-roader that someone had ordered online and returned. It was marked down to $175 so I grabbed that too!
Sadly, no. They were sold out by the time I saw the deal. And the Target's around me tend to not carry the expensive Technic sets.

Target.com has an option to notify you when they become available again.  I know the Volvo came in stock this morning for a little while.  

Target.com has an option to notify you when they become available again. I know the Volvo came in stock this morning for a little while.
For a couple seconds, I think. I added to cart as soon as I got the notification and it went out of stock on the next checkout screen.

This may have been mentioned, but the central perk is back in stock and at Amazon if anyone was looking for it.
And other stores started carrying it December 1st, so expect sales. Walmart is supposed to have it for $48 I think this week, there was a leaked ad.

And for the second year in a row Target sent me the Blu-Ray only when they are supposed to be a combo pack. Last year it was LEGO Batman and this year it's LM2. It's starting to become a Christmas tradition.

The VW Beetle is $70 again at Walmart and Amazon.

I like it, one of my favorite LEGO colors, but it seems small. I bought a Sandcrawler several weeks ago for $70. Which one do people like more / more interesting and fun build?

The VW Beetle is $70 again at Walmart and Amazon.

I like it, one of my favorite LEGO colors, but it seems small. I bought a Sandcrawler several weeks ago for $70. Which one do people like more / more interesting and fun build?
I enjoyed building the Sandcrawler but the finished product looks like a literal pile of shit. Also the treads are the old, smaller style and are super repetitive (I think there are about 100 of them).

I haven't built the Beetle yet but it does look very nice and if it's like the Mini Cooper I am looking forward to it.

I enjoyed building the Sandcrawler but the finished product looks like a literal pile of shit. Also the treads are the old, smaller style and are super repetitive (I think there are about 100 of them).

I haven't built the Beetle yet but it does look very nice and if it's like the Mini Cooper I am looking forward to it.
But the Beetle is only 4x11x5. That's REALLY small to me.

So Walmart (and probably Amazon) has the TS4 Caboom set for $10, and the Spiderman Far From My Home set with the bridge and waterman is $21. Pretty damn good for the price.

But Slick Deal will report on a 10% off off 'deal'. hehe

I really want that new batmobile, but $250...  This is the first year in a long time I haven't bought any Lego for myself so I missed out on this year's GWP.  I bought the Unikitty roller coaster ($20) for my nieces, the Tron set ($23) for my son, and the Mandalorian AT-ST ($40) for my other son.  

My wife says as soon as I get rid of all the bulk Lego I have, I can resume my buying habits lol.

I think the Batmobile will be a VIP set for 8,000 points or something in the future. It's not like there are any exclusive pieces, so LEGO could always make more and just stick them in a bag instead of a box.

AWD has a like-new Dieselnaut for $73.
Walmart / Amazon had them new for $76-78, it's why it's so cheap.

LEGO also has the mini gingerbread house for free with $99 purchase. Which is really funny because the big set it's based on is sold out. Also the holiday train was quietly retired December 2.

Also the new modular has been revealed. It's fucking shits brown again and teal book store / house. Otherwise it's very lovely and separates.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5uRcj8Jh9H/

Also the new modular has been revealed. It's fucking shits brown again and teal book store / house. Otherwise it's very lovely and separates.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5uRcj8Jh9H/
Wow, the bookstore looks fantastic. No complaints from me. I'm surprised they didn't flip the color scheme though. If they had made the residential half brown, some people would buy 10 of these to make a row of brownstones. Actually it looks so much like my building that I'm tempted to recreate it in a darker brown.

The mini promo Gingerbread House apparently has 499 pieces. I know they're pretty much all 1x1, but I'm squinting at that build and still not seeing where all those pieces went.

The mini promo Gingerbread House apparently has 499 pieces. I know they're pretty much all 1x1, but I'm squinting at that build and still not seeing where all those pieces went.
I was trying to figure that out myself.

Here's a video that shows the (very lacking) interior of the Bitch Books (BB). It seems that the top floor isn't enclosed and that both sides have beds... outside?

Still better than the Diner or Garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR0_C1SJphY

How good is Lego with holding onto promo sets to fulfill preorders? I want to get the Top Gear Rally car, which doesn't come out until 1/1/20. Will I still get my Gingerbread house? Or should I just order something else that's actually available now?

How good is Lego with holding onto promo sets to fulfill preorders? I want to get the Top Gear Rally car, which doesn't come out until 1/1/20. Will I still get my Gingerbread house? Or should I just order something else that's actually available now?
No chance of you getting the Gingerbread house unless you buy something in stock right now. (Even through it says it will in the cart.) I'm pretty sure you can literally add a $4 Xtra set and that should ship out now with the gingerbread house just as extra insurance.

Well, I'll be getting in plenty of building time this coming week. I went from having strep throat to needing an emergency appendectomy yesterday. If I finish the falcon I'll post more pics

All my orders are still listed.

Also the Bookstore is $200CAD, that's only $150USD right now. Field trip to Canada!

No chance of you getting the Gingerbread house unless you buy something in stock right now. (Even through it says it will in the cart.) I'm pretty sure you can literally add a $4 Xtra set and that should ship out now with the gingerbread house just as extra insurance.
Ugh, I ordered the Disney Train when it was still listed as in stock but got a backordered notification after ordering. Should I expect not to get the tree (which was still in stock at the time)? Is there anything Lego would do if it doesn't ship with the tree?

I'm also a little concerned about getting double points on the order since the website wasn't advertising them the day it was on sale. Can anybody verify they were given?

Ugh, I ordered the Disney Train when it was still listed as in stock but got a backordered notification after ordering. Should I expect not to get the tree (which was still in stock at the time)? Is there anything Lego would do if it doesn't ship with the tree?

I'm also a little concerned about getting double points on the order since the website wasn't advertising them the day it was on sale. Can anybody verify they were given?
That's a good question. LEGO isn't the best at not screwing things up. So no idea. Maybe they set one aside for you? If you don't get one I'd complain saying it was in your cart. They might give you $20 off to make up for it.

The points are easy. Whatever the points are on the order page is what you get. If you didn't get the double points just send LEGO an email. They are usually good at fixing things. Their costumer service is awesome, but they are limited to what they can do.

EDIT - Speaking of sets I wish I got. 76103, Wakanda Wall set. All the other sets have remained cheap, the GotG ship is $40, the little ship $12, Hulk Buster $12. But the wall set is insanely expensive now. I wish I bought it for $28 last year before it disappeared. I need it for the stone thingie. :p

The Bookstore is cute.  I wasn't feeling the Garage and is the only Modular I haven't bought.  I might skip it altogether in favor of the the bookstore.

Lego store now charges a 10% restocking fee for returning items over $500?  

Also, I know somebody was asking about the small freebie Batmobile...my local store also had a couple dozen left behind the counter.  Too bad they wouldn't let me swap the Gingerbread mini for one or just buy one either.

Lego store now charges a 10% restocking fee for returning items over $500?
There are exactly two sets over $500. How many returns do you think those Star Wars sets have? If you spend that much I doubt lan on returning it unless you realize you don't have the money after the fact.

I bought the Falcon now to make sure I had one for xmas, but if I found it cheaper before then, I would have returned the Lego store one.  Restocking fee changes the math on that a bit.

I bought the Falcon now to make sure I had one for xmas, but if I found it cheaper before then, I would have returned the Lego store one. Restocking fee changes the math on that a bit.
You just get really loud and start screaming and I'm sure they will waive that.

The Bookstore is cute. I wasn't feeling the Garage and is the only Modular I haven't bought. I might skip it altogether in favor of the the bookstore.
I agree with you.

When I saw the Garage in a Lego store, I was totally underwhelmed, and then turned off by the $199 price tag. I also just don't get the concept of a veterinarian over an auto repair shop.

If there's ever a pretty good discount on it, I'll pick it up, but it would have to take that. I'll pick up the Bookstore whenever I can.

The Bookstore has roughly the same number of pieces as the Garage, feels (to me) like you get more, and costs less. Whatever, Lego.

Target has it's $10 GC when you spend $50. Nothing different or special. However today only they have 10% off GC so after today you can save an extra 10%. Like that HP Castle section that $56 would be like $41 after discounts and such.

bread's done
Back