LEGO Deals 3

Maybe the same way they did in 1990, where a storm took out the landlines. Maybe a little more creative - his iPhone gets taken on the trip by someone else.

+1 for Home Hard: Die Alone

"iPhone gets taken on the trip by someone else"

Pretty much. That or it's dead from playing Minecraft all night. The only real change (if they went the dead battery route) is calling/facetime/texting mom once it's charged. I think a modern version where he has a phone to Livestream the criminals mayhem could work.

Lots of old movies would be ruined by a simple cell phone, but I don't think Home alone is one of them.

Child protective services takes Kevin in the first 5 minutes and the next 96 minutes of the movie are just John McClane doing paperwork for Emergency Custody.

If I recall correctly, In Home Alone 2 Kevin posts up in his uncles renovated building in NYC and John is from NYC so there's a way to make the continuity work here.

What about Home Alone 3, 4, and 5? Do we need to work those in or can we agree they aren't canon?
Definitely not canon. Funny story- I got into multiple fights in highschool with this asshat kid who was a bit of a wannabe bully. The kid got a job as an extra in home alone 3 and you can see his face for like 1 second, allegedly. Just another reason I could never be bothered to watch part 3. Funny in the grand scheme of things though considering we're in our 30's and that's probably the best thing he's accomplished.

Rumours
Queer Eye apartment comes out in September 974 pieces and $100. The Peach Castle comes out in October or November 1. In October we will get mini Disney castle free with purchase sets.

Facts
Slave 1 is now officially called Firespray in an upcoming canon comic book.

Mini reviews
I built Friends pirate coaster 41375, the Friends $10 waterfall and Mickey Mouse plane. The coaster build is fun but the coaster sucks, the spinning thing is awesome. The waterfall glitter looks really neat. The pine trees also look good for four pieces. The Mickey Mouse plane is shockingly decent for a 4+ set. The MM tile piece is weird, the head is two plates thick and the ears one. The new round piece in the front of fhe plane i really like. It just doesn't have any controls for the plane! A 1x2 pointed tile goes for 27 cents on Bricks and Pieces. Mickey himself is beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
This maybe be a random post but does anyone know where I can get just a ton of legos for a decent price? Looking for my gf classroom the little ones love the Legos thanks

How old are the kids? Black Friday is right around the corner, you could get the bulk boxes from Walmart during that time.

I could deal with nano vs minidolls.

The Classic 11717 set at Walmart is a real good value if you want a bunch of bricks. $40 for 1500 pieces + 4 base plates. I feel like it’s on par with the Black Friday deals

The Classic 11717 set at Walmart is a real good value if you want a bunch of bricks. $40 for 1500 pieces + 4 base plates. I feel like it’s on par with the Black Friday deals
Yea, it's basically adding 4 base plates for $10 more. It's not as good a deal, but it's solid without having to wait for BF.

There’s a point swap too, where you can pick up a few free lego vip points and Nintendo points by going to the opposite company’s rewards page. LEGO also has the Luigi keychain as a new VIP reward … in case you want the complete collection of ugly keychains. 😉

I have not seen the Luigi keychain on my VIP rewards. Probably just my phone. I only want LEGO or coupons.

Yea, #4 sucks out of the gate as it starts with Kevin's parents getting divorced and being about his dad's new girlfriend.

The only enjoyable part of #3 is seeing Scarlett Johansson in it for a minute.

I think someone hacked my phone as Red Card sent me a letter saying there was suspicious activity, but none was listed in my account. I now have two charges to PayPal *Shop Lego, which is LEGO.com, for $15.96. Last two orders were for $200 sets and that's it. Its not listed in my LEGO orders on my account.

Do you think I should call Lego or just wait to dispute it with my credit card? Weirdly I can't dispute it until its no longer pending.

Let Lego ship the items then call the CC company to dispute. I say that because it was me who hacked your accounts and ordered a few items for myself.

New marvel advent calendar and others reported at Costco for $30
Yep, Star Wars calendar as well and I think Harry Potter maybe, each $30. The Creator Medieval Castle is also $75 and they had the Avengers End Game final battle set, didn’t catch the price though. So tempting, but I was just there to pick up pizza and a salad.

That’s a good price for the castle, great set! Only other set I saw was baby yoda.

New sets out @ LEGO shop. I picked up a case of the marvel minifigures from entertainment earth. Also saw that the variant colors are only going to be available in the eu and will be limited.

That’s a good price for the castle, great set! Only other set I saw was baby yoda.

New sets out @ LEGO shop. I picked up a case of the marvel minifigures from entertainment earth. Also saw that the variant colors are only going to be available in the eu and will be limited.
Not even the EU. I read the color variants will only be in the UK.

Remember that Lego doesn't make regional exclusives though. 😆

Didn't realize they were bringing back the Batman Tumbler. Preorders are live:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-dc-batman-batmobile-tumbler-76240
Also a Minifigures scale remade model that's rather nice too.

An eBay seller had a Roller Coaster for $277 but hard to tell if it was complete or not. It sold but also has a NES for $150 missing only a few pieces from bag 20. Im still debating if I want the coaster or NES as I already spent thousands on Lego this year.

bread's done
Back