LEGO Deals 3

But will it be to scale with the gate and the old brick built T-Rex 🧐 … also, saying it now … should have included a collapsible porta-potty with an explorer over a jeep 😝

But will it be to scale with the gate and the old brick built T-Rex
I think the best thing for everyone is to forget the horrible Gate set.

Also we are getting a Spice Girls set so I wouldn't be shocked if LEGO had a new gate come out or even the giant pile of poop. The only thing is the poop wasn't from a meat eater so LEGO doesn't care as much.

At least that includes figures … my biggest complaint with most of those sets is that you’re spending $100s of dollars and they don’t give you the key figures for the vehicle or display. If they ever do Jabba’s throne room in that style of haslab or whatever it’s called, I may not be able to resist.

attachicon.gif
4089EC92-36DF-4691-8FBD-AA4D35464D81.jpeg
Damn. That's a big boy.
(That's what he said.)

At least that includes figures … my biggest complaint with most of those sets is that you’re spending $100s of dollars and they don’t give you the key figures for the vehicle or display. If they ever do Jabba’s throne room in that style of haslab or whatever it’s called, I may not be able to resist.
They just announced Boba Fetts throne room yesterday, only comes with Bib Fortuna, $220, estimated to ship Sep 2023

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-boba-fett-s-throne-room

I wish it was a at least twice the pieces, nice montage but could have been more detailed.
If twice the pieces means the lawyer and the toilet, I’m all in. I like the t-rex but wouldn’t mind it being bigger, as well. And a goat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some 2022 sets that are retiring include NinjaGo Gardens, Disney Castle, Micro Hogwarts, Seinfeld, Queer Eye, Elves Clubhouse (a favorite of mine), Winnie the Pooh, Sesame Street. Also some sets that haven't even been released yet, the messed up Marvel Mechs.

Mute the video and look at the pictures.
Is that cancelled or are the sets releasing sometime in 2022 to even be retire-able in 2022?

I'm building the Frozen castle. MUCH smaller foot print then I thought it would have. Like 45 studs across which makes me happy, I'm out of room. EDIT - fucking thing is pissing pieces! A $200 set.

Count me as one happy the JP Jeep is $100. If it was double the size, it'd be $250.
I fully agree. I think it looks great and keeps the cost down.

Is that cancelled or are the sets releasing sometime in 2022 to even be retire-able in 2022?
The Marvel mechs got delayed because of issues. They will be released in April and then retired by the end of the year. The only other sets that will be released and retired this year, that we know of, are the Chinese New Year sets.

Here's the only mech that matters really.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/wolverine-mech-armor-76202

That doesn't sound good.
It's even worse, it was like 20 pieces in three sizes. LEGO mixed up the small bag in bag 3 with bag 4. That's a rather big fuck up. I haven't built step 4 yet so hopefully all the pieces are there. I remember someone saying this happened to them in a smaller set.
It's happened to several people recently on Amazon reviews. That means it wasn't an issue at first and LEGO fucked up newer productions. This is why I'm against LEGO making 750 sets a year. They need to cut back and get their quality control under control.

One of my greatest LEGO fears is keeping sets sealed for years and then, for whatever reason, finally opening them after they’re long out of print and discovering that bags are missing or duplicated. I know it’s relatively rare, but I’ve seen more and more reviews lately that mention bag mess ups.

One of my greatest LEGO fears is keeping sets sealed for years and then, for whatever reason, finally opening them after they’re long out of print and discovering that bags are missing or duplicated. I know it’s relatively rare, but I’ve seen more and more reviews lately that mention bag mess ups.
I currently have 8-9 modulars, unopened, under my desk. There is probably several thousand dollars in unopened LEGO under the desk. My fear is there will be a fire and the tens of thousands of dollars in LEGO melt.

I think about getting proper insurance in case of fire but then I also read what a hassle it is because even if you properly document everything, insurance companies do what they do and fight paying out.

Coincidentally the worst Lego mistake I ever had was with that Castle posted earlier. Two bags were mixed up and I got 2x of some parts and missing others, so I couldn’t finish any of the skeletons and a section of the castle. Lego made good but I felt like I was pushing it asking for 50+ replacement parts (and I certainly wouldn’t have been able to do it years later).

Another issue I worry about that hit me was when I finally opened a Rogue One set last year and all the mini figs were stolen. The person was pretty meticulous. The seals weren’t obviously tampered but the flap was glued. Each bag that had minifig parts was opened but then heat-sealed shut with only the figs and accessories missing.

Coincidentally the worst Lego mistake I ever had was with that Castle posted earlier. Two bags were mixed up and I got 2x of some parts and missing others, so I couldn’t finish any of the skeletons and a section of the castle. Lego made good but I felt like I was pushing it asking for 50+ replacement parts (and I certainly wouldn’t have been able to do it years later).
I did that once, missing a 57 piece bag, including a glow in the dark Scarecrow head. LEGO didn't question it. That wasn't their mistake, it was TRU clearance and the box was smashed.

Transformers Optimus Prime set coming in May. 

Will have jet pack, UCS plaque, and weapon, and it will be able to be transformed without disassembling. 

It’s rumored to be $169.99, at 1508 pieces. 

With or without trailer?

Edit: Guess it's probably without, and possibly based on the next movie

new-photo-of-optimus-prime-released-from-transformers-rise-of-the-beasts-as-film-wraps-production.jpg

Did somebody say they needed the Vidiyo Mermaid? My store has em at $4...shipping would probably suck though.
That might have been me.

I want the Mermaid, Dragon big boxes and cheerleader, shark and yellow cat blind box.

If you have any of the others I don't need the boxes so that would save on shipping.

Thor set 76208 is called THE GOAT BOAT!

How much you want to bet there isn't a goat with it and the boat is really just 'greatest of all time'?  :whistle2:

I haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn, so I likely won't get to Forbidden West any time soon, but that Tallneck set is pretty cool looking.
I never heard of the game until I heard the leaks about the set. It looks really nice and is rather cheap. Th eN-1 Starfighter has 1/3 the pieces and is about the same price.

1200 pieces. $80. May 1.
70843_76989_Prod.jpg

I haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn, so I likely won't get to Forbidden West any time soon, but that Tallneck set is pretty cool looking.
FWIW, the machines in the set are in the first game, and you see both of them fairly early on.

Watchers are like the first thing you see in the introduction / tutorial, and Tallnecks are

how you uncover area of maps without going there yourself.

And if you haven't heard of a game that sold 20 million copies, I legit don't know what to say.

And if you haven't heard of a game that sold 20 million copies, I legit don't know what to say.
:whistle2:

I'm currently playing Animal Crossing... New Leaf. I looked the game up months ago and all I know is it's the game with the robot dinosaurs. Looks really cool.

(Modern video games with dual joysticks give me motion sickness.)

Not saying it'll work for you, but generally third person displays cause less motion sickness, and FOV adjustments do as well. HZD has both.
Third person I can play maybe 30-60 minutes. First person is like 5 minutes. It's gotten really bad. Plus I'm not a massive gamer anymore. i actually bought a Switch and 7-9 games at Thanksgiving and returned them. Just not worth it anymore to me.

The Vespa is baby blue, looks fine, comes out March 1, $100, 1106 pieces.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaBGSEHsMmW/

Third person I can play maybe 30-60 minutes. First person is like 5 minutes. It's gotten really bad. Plus I'm not a massive gamer anymore. i actually bought a Switch and 7-9 games at Thanksgiving and returned them. Just not worth it anymore to me.

The Vespa is baby blue, looks fine, comes out March 1, $100, 1106 pieces.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaBGSEHsMmW/
Surprised it's not branded as Disney-Pixar's Luca Vespa

luca_plakat_12.jpg

Some more Jurassic World sets were leaked. I'm too lazy for screenshots, but it's a pick up truck with a grey 'Blue' and her baby. A T-Rex, part of a gate, and a bigger truck. Then there is the huge flying 'dino' that attacks the plane as seen in the trailer. There are still a few more to be released, hopefully a building like the last two movies.

Also another one of these these...
70781_10299_Prod_202202171012.jpg

I really hope we get the original JP visitors center someday … seems like it would make an amazing set with the t-Rex skeleton, a couple dinos and a few minifigures.

Saw some of the March sets in Walmart today all MSRP.  

Vidiyo sets 30% off on Lego.com. Boombox is only one I couldn't find on deep discount in stores. 

Fun rumour.

We will be getting a 2700 Sanctum Sanctorum set at the odd price of $210. Release date is May, June, or August. (Plan on a July release.)  :razz: 

Figures will be based on the newest movie, the Doctor Strange one, not the one they call Spider Man and has Doctor Strange.

bread's done
Back