LEGO Deals 3

I bet several of you will still buy it.

I originally wanted the light house to give away as a gift to someone that likes light houses, but that's sort of a pricey gift now.

Based on everyone’s tastes here over the years, don’t think any of us are getting it.
In all the different groups and forums I’ve been on today, I haven’t seen one “yes”. The most positive comment I’ve seen is “it’s nice but it’s not $350 nice”

Didn't some of you guys buy the other busts?

This one really feels like it'd be part of a set in a room of busts. But who the hell wants that?

I know people who collect the helmets/masks and such, but there’s a big jump from $60-$80 for a glove you can pose giving the middle finger to $350 for this.

I’m kind of bummed that LEGO busts took off but the big/mega figs (Harry Potter) were a one off. A Darth Vader and Obi-wan 2 pack would be wild … or Boba Fett / Mando … maybe helmets are harder to design at that scale.

I bet several of you will still buy it.

I originally wanted the light house to give away as a gift to someone that likes light houses, but that's sort of a pricey gift now.
I haven’t bought any of the bust/helmets yet, and this overpriced monstrosity isn’t going to get me to start anytime soon. (Why the fuck didn’t they just do the helmet anyway?!?!)

Even for $200 I'm not buying it. However I think a lot of people will still buy it because I've seen excuses of how other brand of similar things are similarly priced.

The Brickset poll right now is 40% Not Interested, 33% Too Expensive, 16% No - But Like It, 4% Maybe and 3-5% Yes.

So pretty much 90% said no. 

Hyperbolic prediction: more reviewers are going to get free copies than people will buy day one.

I’d love to have access to sales figures. I have to assume it makes some sense for Lego to make all the huge sets, but I’d like to see more $100 sets like the Galaxy Explorer. Or better yet, $50 sets. Maybe it’s confirmation bias but it feels as though for every $50 flower set Lego introduces, there’s 6 or 7 $200+ sets released. Not all adults are loaded, TLG.

At some point Lego is going to get too close to the sun. Or more likely I’m wrong and people will endlessly share photos of their stacks of boxes on Reddit with their “I did a thing” posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
We never talk about good LEGO. I just built 41701 Street Food Market. Great set. The truck build is great, the colors aren't overly Friendsy. The two stands are very well down and you can't complain about another picnic table besides the fact minidolls don't stay on they well because minidolls suck.the hair pieces for the girls are some of the best LEGO have ever made.

We never talk about good LEGO. I just built 41701 Street Food Market. Great set. The truck build is great, the colors aren't overly Friendsy. The two stands are very well down and you can't complain about another picnic table besides the fact minidolls don't stay on they well because minidolls suck.the hair pieces for the girls are some of the best LEGO have ever made.
I love that taco truck.

Speaking of good. I got into the new Speed Champions sets earlier this year. I'm not generally a car guy, but this 8-wide switch has made a huge difference in vehicles and level of detail. What's even crazier is that nearly all of them have some unique piece usage or build technique. I love them so much I've gone back and bought all the retired 2021 sets before they got too pricey. I have two left to build and the Dodge set to purchase to have them all. I've built Bond's Aston Martin and Dom's Charger is on deck.

We never talk about good LEGO. I just built 41701 Street Food Market. Great set.
Target has it for $40 (20% off) this week. Only 15% off Main Street. Still waiting on a discount for the Friends theater. The line has been particularly good this year, IMO.

Also, before I forget, the 10th birthday of this thread is quickly approaching Saturday. Hats off to this bastion of joy nestled in the demon hellscape of the internet.

Target has it for $40 (20% off) this week. Only 15% off Main Street. Still waiting on a discount for the Friends theater. The line has been particularly good this year, IMO.
The Friends Main Street is 20% off.... the new $160 price. Target didn't update that yet but 80% of $160 is $128. I got the set for $80 minus the truck and it's also a fun set.

I really want this set and have never seen it on sale, not even a little.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/surfer-beachfront-41693

I love that taco truck.

Speaking of good. I got into the new Speed Champions sets earlier this year. I'm not generally a car guy, but this 8-wide switch has made a huge difference in vehicles and level of detail. What's even crazier is that nearly all of them have some unique piece usage or build technique. I love them so much I've gone back and bought all the retired 2021 sets before they got too pricey. I have two left to build and the Dodge set to purchase to have them all. I've built Bond's Aston Martin and Dom's Charger is on deck.
I started with a some a few years ago and I think they’re great, I still need to get a few more from the ones still available.

I love that taco truck.

I discovered speed champions about a year ago and its quickly become one of my favorite lines. Good value, fun builds, and most a pretty good looking at the end. Im happy to see now they’re branching into movie-licensed cars with Bond NAND Fast & Furious. F&F alone could be a goldmine for new sets (basically any car from 2 Fast would be instant-buy, I love the ridiculousness of the cars in that movie).

LEGO has updated the retiring soon list, nothing too shocking. Most interestingly there might not be a modular that retires this year.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-updates-retiring-soon-list-september-2022/
I haven't seen any set that had a price increase make in on a 2022 retirement list, and since the Bookshop and Assembly Square were hiked $20, what you said is likely true.

Anyone able to find that mini Disney Castle set in stock? This guy https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/mini-disney-castle-40478
Got an in-stock email this morning and by 11:00 ... out of stock again.

I don't think it went up in price.
It went up $5. Used to be $34.99

https://www.brickfanatics.com/complete-list-of-lego-price-increases-in-the-us/

Weirds that Harry Potter Charms class is retiring but not the others that released at the same time
That list based off Lego.com and is a small percentage of what will actually be retiring. A better list is here

https://www.brickfanatics.com/every-lego-set-retiring-in-2022-july-update/

Anyone able to find that mini Disney Castle set in stock? This guy https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/mini-disney-castle-40478
The Lego store at Downtown Disney at the Disneyland complex had a ton on the shelf when I took my family this summer. I didn’t want to have to try to fit it in my luggage for the way home and naïvely assumed this was an indication it would start being more in stock but I was clearly wrong… still annoyed I didn’t just grab it break down the box and shove the bags into my luggage.

I think we were all confused. I was talking about both. N64ra was talking about the little one, I think El Rey I think is talking about the bigger one. :lol:
Yup. News of the Big Castle retiring reminded me to ask if anyone has found the one I want, the mini Castle.

I saw something on Reddit that can help you get the galactic explorer for $75, you can also use Paypal10 for $10 additional dollars off assuming you haven’t used it already. To achieve the $75 price you may have to change the store to one in your surrounding area. I managed to get this using a store about 25miles away.

There seems to be a rumour that there will be a new Disney Castle in 2023 and that's why the current one is retiring. My guess would be Disneyland castle. But that is even better to confuse the hell out of all of us. haha

I saw something on Reddit that can help you get the galactic explorer for $75, you can also use Paypal10 for $10 additional dollars off assuming you haven’t used it already. To achieve the $75 price you may have to change the store to one in your surrounding area. I managed to get this using a store about 25miles away.
You can get the Galactic Explorer for $75 right now at Walmart.com, delivered right to your door. If you pay with Paypal and use the code paypal10 you can get it for $65. No need to do anything fancy or special. Honey gets you $7.50 in cashback.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Galaxy-Explorer-Building-Set-for-Adults-who-love-Space-10497/140718640?athbdg=L1100

Discover has 5% back through September if you pay through PayPal. I'm skeptical the Honey will stack as well, but even so $65 is a crazy good deal for one of the few current sets worth regular price, IMO.
Honey fucked up for me, but I think $65 is great anyways. $75 is a steal. It's one of the only sets I feel would still be worth it if the price increased.

Some details on 2023 sets.

Bunch of Brickheads
4 more of the wrong Avatar
Lunar New Year sets both go up $10
A $10 Creator unicorn
Another $160 / 2000 piece Friends set
Few more Stunt bikes
Another Friends school
8 Indiana Jones sets
More Jurassic World
One DC set
Bunch of Marvel sets

Walmart delivered my Galaxy Explorer already. Impressive 1-day turnaround but the store just slapped a sticker on the set and left it on my porch. I think next time I'll go pick it up.

I'm happy/surprised Indiana Jones is coming back. One of the only themes I completed.
You won't be saving time, that's for sure. It takes roughly one hour since nobody is working the pick up booth. More than ten employees will walk by you and say nothing. Once you finally stop one, they'll say that's not their department and walk off. Pressing the button for service is only there to see how many presses it takes before you walk away.

Without nostalgia glasses … the Space set is pretty damn ugly. Now if it was Blacktron, M-Tron or Ice Planet … I’d be in … but even at 25% off, the set just doesn’t appeal to me. I thought it did at first … but taking a closer look, nope just can’t do it.

Even with, it's ugly. Benny's Spaceship scratched any itch I had for the ultra-old Space sets. M-Tron was my favorite line back then though, followed by maybe the Space Police (the black/blue/red ones).

As a kid, I really liked the space ships that split into several vehicles.

Ordered the Galaxy Explorer at 1:45p and it was delivered by 6p yesterday. I too grew up on the second/third generation space sets, but for 35% off this is a great deal.

Lego has been quietly dropping some great spaceships this year. The GE, Buzz Lightyear's ship, and the yellow/red Monkey Kid ship?

Brick-tober sets the USA will never see! Yay!!!!

82108_LEGO-TRU-Bricktober-2022-01.jpg

You won't be saving time, that's for sure. It takes roughly one hour since nobody is working the pick up both. More than ten employees will walk by you and say nothing. Once you finally stop one, they'll say that's not their department and walk off. Pressing the button for service is only there to see how many presses it takes before you walk away.
I love retail! Even more after covid.

I went back to my old job for two weeks to cover. Costumers are either SUPER nice or complete useless assholes where I told one 'I don't give a fuck' when the bitch was complaining.

bread's done
Back