LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='bigdaddy']Do you have an extra $83.57?[/QUOTE]

Of course, the set is overpriced and I just wanted to see if that is somewhat reasonable, getting that set on clearance would be tough for me. Either way, I already ordered it, I've been eying it far too long.

I have never seen it below $80. To me it's a $90 set. But $83 is 30% off so it's a pretty good deal.

AWD had a Police Station for $58.23. One of these days i might finally pull the trigger and buy it. I don't really need a police station, but it would make for a nice downtown office building, and garage area, or a hospital, or a base for my ADUs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU actually have two of the GS sets for 30% off. One of them is the Slicer and that set on amazon is $45 and only goes up. Must be an exclusive...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17476026

I'll probably go and buy a GS fighter jet if them have the and some more mini figures because a certain someone is a forest woman whore. ;)

The Avengers ship is $53 at Target....
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Quinjet-...&qid=1364140878&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+avengers

They also have several GS sets for 20% off.

And the Batman/Aquaman/Freeze set for $16 and free shipping!
http://www.target.com/p/lego-super-...14278716#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=lego+batman

I felt up 75+ bags at TRU and didn't find a single forest woman. All that feeling up and no love. Then a little boy came over and started feeling up, and I asked him what he wanted, the forest woman. Everyone wants to feel those forest women!

In the end he just grabbed one, but maybe he got lucky, I ended up walking out the door with a few of those women.

;)

The way you were talking I thought it was going to be crap, that's actually really good. :lol:

I usually get a few extras now of minifigures i really like. At one point I think I had 6 Godzillas, but I started giving them away so I should check that. However someone on here wants tons and tons of forest women (must be lonely) so I'm depriving them from children. :lol:

To be fair if I found one before the kid left I would have given him one, but I found three in the last 15 bags and he was long gone. My TRU gets two boxes a week, always on Sundays.

Aaaaand the exclusive minifigure for the DK LEGO Minifig book is ... toy soldier ...

... toy soldier ...

... yay?

.. meh

dk_dklegominifigures_minifigure.png

[quote name='bigdaddy']And the Batman/Aquaman/Freeze set for $16 and free shipping!
http://www.target.com/p/lego-super-...14278716#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=lego+batman[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ordered. I almost got it when it was $18 in store, but wasn't in any hurry.

Went to the Lego store today. I had a 10% off coupon from the last catalog, and today started the double VIP points, so I picked up the Palace Cinema.

They had builds of it, Arkham Asylum, and the B-Wing in store. Palace Cinema looks great -- a little shorter than I thought it might be, but no complaints.

Arkham Asylum was kind of disappointing. I know it's a licensed set, but it's the same cost as the Haunted House and it looks about half the size. That's an exaggeration, because Arkham is 1600 pieces, but it seems like so much less. The minifigs will probably make me buy it, but I'm not as happy about it.

[quote name='blandstalker']Went to the Lego store today. I had a 10% off coupon from the last catalog, and today started the double VIP points, so I picked up the Palace Cinema.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was wondering if the double VIP worked in stores with the 10% off.

[quote name='Max Power']Does S@H have free shipping along with the double points?[/QUOTE]

The free shipping ended when the double VIP points kicked in. Which sucks if you don't have a Lego store nearby.

[quote name='elessar123']Thanks. I was wondering if the double VIP worked in stores with the 10% off.[/QUOTE]

Like a charm. $15 off, plus almost $15 in rewards.

We had Winter Cottages drop to 50% at my store last week and Medieval Markets at....wait for it....wait for it.... $25. We also got in a few Hillside Houses at $17, sold out immediately, and SW Bounty Hunter ship was at $16.

I'm going to try something out here and see if it doesn't get too crazy. If you'd like to be notified about the sales at my store and would like to purchase over the phone I'll gladly take your order. Send me a PM and I'll try my very best to accommodate you.

My Kmart was advertising the Eris' Eagle Interceptor for $27.99 this week, along with claiming the other Chima sets would also be on sale.

Tempted to bite at that price. It's one of the Chima sets I actually like.

Debating on if I want the Sith Interceptor or Palace Cinema when my tax refund shows up.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']We had Winter Cottages drop to 50% at my store last week and Medieval Markets at....wait for it....wait for it.... $25. We also got in a few Hillside Houses at $17, sold out immediately, and SW Bounty Hunter ship was at $16.

I'm going to try something out here and see if it doesn't get too crazy. If you'd like to be notified about the sales at my store and would like to purchase over the phone I'll gladly take your order. Send me a PM and I'll try my very best to accommodate you.[/QUOTE]

How does phone ordering work? Does Lego ship to my house? Or to my local store? Or are you personally shipping them?

I'd be interested in a Hillside House if you get anymore.

[quote name='180husher']How does phone ordering work? Does Lego ship to my house? Or to my local store? Or are you personally shipping them?

I'd be interested in a Hillside House if you get anymore.[/QUOTE]

We ship from our stores to your house. I'll take your phone order at my store and process the order right then and there. Please keep in mind there's a shipping fee which is determined by your overall purchase total. You'll find that sometimes even with the shipping fee the clearanced set will come out cheaper than most other places.

Unfortunately, the Hillside House sold out the same day we got them. A few lucky customers were able to scoop them up.

To be quite frank, I'm extending myself because I'm particularly grateful for all the news & sales the frequent CAGs post on this thread. Just my way of saying, "Thanks."

[quote name='blandstalker']The free shipping ended when the double VIP points kicked in. Which sucks if you don't have a Lego store nearby.
[/QUOTE]

Damn. I thought they always had free shipping over $100. I was gonna grab the Emporium set since I have $15 in reward points(and in turn get 300 more points). Shipping for that set is $13. :(

Closest LEGO store is 2 hours away. Double :( :(

Does anyone think the TMNT sets will ever go on a decent sale? KMart this week has the sets for 15% off, and with code "KMART10PSAVINGS" you save another 10% off of $75. But I having a hard time spending $85 just for the awesome minifigures. But I'm afraid they will just disappear by the summer and never get a second wave.

How long is KMart's return policy? If it's like Target or Walmart, you can buy it now and hold it for 90 days to see if they are still around, can get a better deal, or if they have disappeared.

Good question, I can't find it on their website. But that is a good idea, however there is always the chance KMart will close within 30-90 days. :lol

Damn, they sold out of a couple of them. There is a $25 of $125+, so if I bought four TMNT set, and a couple Chima sets it would have been about $20 a set.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Does anyone think the TMNT sets will ever go on a decent sale? KMart this week has the sets for 15% off, and with code "KMART10PSAVINGS" you save another 10% off of $75. But I having a hard time spending $85 just for the awesome minifigures. But I'm afraid they will just disappear by the summer and never get a second wave.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say. I've noticed a lot of licensed themes aren't catching on, but also never seem to go on sale/clearance (at least around here).

Honestly, if you want them and they're at a decent price I say go for it. There's no guarantee you'll get them cheaper at any point. It could fizzle out like a lot of other licensed sets and get unloaded, or they could sell like crazy to the point that nobody has any incentive to put them on sale.

As for Barnes and Noble, mine has had a Jedi Shuttle sitting there for a while. I could combine it with an architecture set and maybe make them both a decent price.

Architecture sets may not be on sale.

And I HATE the designs of the TMNT sets, but some pieces are interesting and I love the figures.

Every time I go through the Lego aisle in Target, I see this thing:

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! I mean, seriously, that's the most hideous lego set ever made.
LEGO-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-79105-Baxter-Robot-Rampage.png

Went to Books-A-Million, and they always have a bunch of LEGOs, plus they send out frequent coupons, so I go there often.

They had older sets marked 40% off. All Monster Fighter sets were 40% off and some Star Wars battle packs were as well.

I managed to score the Crazy Scientist and Vampyre hearse.

I also had an Easter coupon for 20% off entire purchase (after the 40% discount).

Final price was...
Vampyre hearse $18.xx
Crazy Scientist $23.xx

I was pretty happy with these finds.

I stopped by TRU as well, and picked up the Series 9 minifig case and 6 more figs. I only need the Galaxy Squad guy, Plumber, and Waiter to complete the series.

[quote name='elessar123']Every time I go through the Lego aisle in Target, I see this thing:

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! I mean, seriously, that's the most hideous lego set ever made.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, LEGO makes amazing mechs but that isn't one of them. And not one of the sets I was looking at ever buying, even if it means passing on April.

And that set was in the only TMNT episode I have seen of the show it's a lot cooler.

The odder part is that it is a TRU exclusive!

[quote name='elessar123']Every time I go through the Lego aisle in Target, I see this thing:

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fizicyst']The odder part is that it is a TRU exclusive![/QUOTE]

lol, I go to both, and the Lego Store, so I don't really keep track of exclusives. I just know I cringe every time I see it.

I actually can't ever remember if the Orc Forge or the other small LotR set is exclusive, and where.

[/QUOTE]

EDIT: already discussed...I thought that set was a TRU exclusive? It's listed as a TRU exclusive on the TRU site, at least.

And couldn't they at least throw in a COUPLE of mousers?!? One fucking mouser, I mean come on!!!

The Orc Forge is a Target exclusive. Of course, the Lego stores get all of these exclusives as well.

This is a pathetic deal (as is not really one), but amazon has both the green and blue 10x10 building plates for $5 each. It's rare that they are normal price from them, makes good free shipping filler.

AWD has a NinjaGo Temple of Light set for $57, instead of $70.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00A88FLI0/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

They also have a Jabba's Palace for $78, Iron Man's Mansion (recently released) for $34.43, SpongeBob The Flying Dutchman for less than $17 (I bought it for $18, great set, good pieces, awesome mini figures, fun little build, and that one is about 33% off.

And an Eiffel Tower for $1,080!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1364588741&sr=1-107

BN coupons are stackable even the 30% Kids club ones

Unfortunely the 2 BN around me didn't have much of a selection of SW/LoTR legos sets and no MF.

With the BOGO 50% sale, plus my 20% coupon along with my 10% member discount, +5% MC rebate and an extra $25 giftcard I had laying around, I really couldn't not find anything I wanted.

As far as the building plates BN.com had the Gray 15x15 plates on sale a few days ago, for $10.46 each, picked up 4 for $41.84 - 5% MC rebate

Never seen them that low, should of bought more :cry:

[quote name='golfer']Thanks! Anyone think this will still work with the 30% off coupon one toy for new members of the Barnes and noble kids club? That would be a great deal if so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it should. I stacked it yesterday with a 20% off a single item coupon they had sent out.

[quote name='golfer']Thanks! Anyone think this will still work with the 30% off coupon one toy for new members of the Barnes and noble kids club? That would be a great deal if so.[/QUOTE]

Most coupons will stack but I've seen on either Toys N Bricks or Brickset that the 30% does not but the 15/20% do.

I found a Minecraft set at B&N. I already have one to flip later on. Should I grab another? I feel like the Minecraft craze is going to come to a quick end at some point.

I picked up 2 Rancor Pits for $70, I wish I could have fond some Helms Deep instead. I almost picked up the Ninja Turtles Van but I didn't want to get into that theme.

[quote name='skiizim']I picked up 2 Rancor Pits for $70, I wish I could have fond some Helms Deep instead. I almost picked up the Ninja Turtles Van but I didn't want to get into that theme.[/QUOTE]

What store?

$15 off & free fire boat poly with $75 purchase next week, excludes Super Heroes.

The Lone Ranger sets are sneaking there way into stores. There is a street date of 4/15 on the boxes, but no street date in the system as of yet. The register won't block the sale so if some of these do make it to the floor, they can be sold.

^Odd, everyone else seems to be getting them in on Monday or at least early next week.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']

I found a Minecraft set at B&N. I already have one to flip later on. Should I grab another? I feel like the Minecraft craze is going to come to a quick end at some point.[/QUOTE]

Maybe once all the video game dumbasses realize that EVERY LEGO set is a fucking Minecraft one. :lol:

I think it will remain popular for awhile, you won't lose your money but I can see it becoming a $50-$100 set within a year or two. It's just right now the demand is light because LEGO made a bunch more.

I'm wating to hear what the hell is going on with the BttF set. If it's going to take 3 years for a Cuusoo project to get made they might as well just stop the whole thing now.

[quote name='karkyco']What store?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it was at B&N with the b1g1 50% off and a 20% off coupon in addition to my 10% membership savings.

bread's done
Back