LEGO Deals 3

I am indifferent to Mr. Gold but if I did, by some miracle, find him I would be tempted to trade him for last years SDCC Bizarro minifig

How long does anyone think Lego will keep making the Haunted House set?

I also found the Plumber today. That means I need the Mermaid, White Space Armor Guy, Roller Derby Girl, and the Knight.

[quote name='fuerza']That's really the problem with all "collectibles" I have a Target across the street from my office. And every morning I see the same group of "collectors" rush the doors at 8am to pick through the new re-stock. That bugs me, because a kid like my son has less of a chance to find a cool variant or that rare figure. Hell my daughter is having a hard time finding a Monster High doll that is being resold on ebay for X10 its worth. Kids dont care about the resale price all they want is that "cool" toy they saved up for.

Personally, I like the Mr. Gold idea. What I hate is the con exclusives. Unless you attend, and that in itself is a lottery (i'm looking at you SDCC), 99% of fans will never get to hold those figures.[/QUOTE]

Our Target down here is the same, especially Lego wise. Also which Monster High Doll are you guys looking for? We don't have many collectors for those here, and I'll be glad to keep an eye out for you.

So I never picked up the Ningao Venomari Shrine, but always wanted to.

They've had it on AWD and i've been eyeing it for a few days now waiting for it to drop. Originally it was 8.xx on AWD, well tonight it dropped to 5.xx.

After tax it was 5.72 for a like new Venomari Shrine.
Free shipping for prime, how could I say now?

There is one more at that price, I almost got it too but just stood with the one. However if you guys don't snag it I may have to get it too :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...ie=UTF8&qid=1366427131&sr=1-21&condition=used

You and I have the same taste. I have been waiting weeks for the damn thing to drop, I was looking at it and went "Why didn't I buy this when it came out for $7?", and then I remembered it was almost impossible to find most Ninjago last year.

But it's gone now. I even have a bathing suit and some filler waiting for it to drop!

They added some stuff too, there is a haunted house for S146.

Ha, I had the same idea. Why couldn't I just spend the $7 for it?
Oh yeah, because i'm a CAG. I don't pay full price for anything anymore, not even LEGO. I just can't bring myself to do it!

I could never find them! I wanted that set for the snakes and the brick bricks, and then the cool snake mech set, but stores couldn't keep the sets on the shelves so I never got them.

They really should add snakes to Chima, it would be the best thing about the theme. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some new target clearance.

9469 gandalf arrives for 9.08
9470 shelob attacks for 9.98
44005 (some hero factory guy) for 3.88

Going back next Thursday to see if gandalf arrives drops more. They had 20+ in stock. I bought the hero factory guy cause it was cheap and looked interesting.

A bit OT but I also found a blu ray+DVD copy of 40 year old virgin for 3.76 sold as is.

Speaking of clearance I forgot all about this, I found all the Monster sets on clearance at Wal-Mart. The only one I cared for was the Vampire car, I think that one was $35.

Monster Fighters is on clearance here as well. I'd love that train and castle but the responsible adult in me just can't spend that kind of money.

I settled for a tiny Man of Steel set.

I have all the hero sets from Galaxy Squad - save for the Venom Vaporizer. Best price I've found is 21% off at Amazon. Need it to be a little more off before I can talk myself into it.

I plan on trying to get the Galaxy Squad "bugs" at the end of the year clearances. If I don't get lucky then, no big deal.

Not seeing Series 10 in the area yet. Need about 6 of those but this series is largely a miss for me. I have to say though - if I find a Mr Gold - I'm gonna sell the hell out of it, haha.

Good price for the Prisoner Transport. That's really no more than a $15 set, but you have to love TLG's overpricing on "cops and robbers"

[quote name='skiizim']Speaking of clearance I forgot all about this, I found all the Monster sets on clearance at Wal-Mart. The only one I cared for was the Vampire car, I think that one was $35.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the normal price.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Isn't that the normal price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Note he says the one that was $35. I got it for $20 a few weeks back from a local Wal-Mart. I didn't want to pay full price, but it's certainly worth $20.

Not all Wal-Marts have Monster Fighters on clearance. Not all Wal-Marts still carry it in stock, either.

Then there are the Wal-Marts that put it on clearance...for full price. I went to one last week where I saw several Batman sets and the Quinjet on the clearance racks...all at full price with clearance stickers. Thanks for getting my hopes up.

I have to remember to be specific when I make wishes. I walked into Target yesterday hoping for another Lego set that didn't belong. And I found one! The 7931 Jedi Shuttle. Dunno where that came from. Unfortunately, it was full price :bomb:

[quote name='El Rey']Where did you find the Man of Steel set?[/QUOTE]
Walmart. I live just north of Oklahoma City.

The set is $12 - 110'ish pieces. Battle of Metropolis I think - its basically Supes, Zod (I think) a little rooftop with a broadcast antenna and a neat yellow and black car.

The Monster Fighters sets had really grown on me, so I went ahead and grabbed the Castle, Train, and Hearse while they were on the cheap. Also got the Swamp Creature for a couple bucks off, and already had the Werewolf and Mummy.

I'll grab the Haunted House sometime this summer.

[quote name='Broseph']Walmart. I live just north of Oklahoma City.

The set is $12 - 110'ish pieces. Battle of Metropolis I think - its basically Supes, Zod (I think) a little rooftop with a broadcast antenna and a neat yellow and black car.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Did they have the other MoS sets or just that one?

[quote name='mweav067']The Monster Fighters sets had really grown on me, so I went ahead and grabbed the Castle, Train, and Hearse while they were on the cheap. Also got the Swamp Creature for a couple bucks off, and already had the Werewolf and Mummy.

I'll grab the Haunted House sometime this summer.[/QUOTE]

They've definitely grown on me too. I had no interest in them until i was able to score the Werewolf set for around $12.xx. I bought two for the pieces for my MOC's, but after I put one together I just fell in love with the figs and the moonstones.

Since then i've bought the mummy around 6.xx., the vampyre hearse, around 20.xx., and the crazy scientist with his monster., around 23.xx. I was able to get all these at Books-A-Million (yes they sell LEGO). They frequently clearance their toys at 40% off, plus with an additional 10% for being a rewards member, plus the coupons they send in the mail all the time.

I'm hooked on the MF sets now. I hope I can get the Ghost Train. It's been on AWD for 53.xx on and off, but I know I can score it cheaper.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Isn't that the normal price.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the prices you are right but they had the $50 set which is the Mad Scientist for $35. I just took a quick look when I stepped in the other day, but from the look of it every Monster Fighter set had a red tag and was marked down from MSRP at least 30% off.

Well I found some series 10 minifigures out on the shelf at Kmart, and they couldn't sell them to me because it was before the sell date. They attempted to bypass it but couldn't, they took down the display.

I found a ton of series 7 minifigures near me at a store clearanced out for $1.50 each - i haven't been paying much attention to the MF lego market - anyone interested??? should i buy them??/

I was able to pick up jabbas palace for 95.00 at my Walmart, I had that in my cart on amazon for 88.00 but didn't pull the trigger before all of the craziness set in. All the monster fighters are clearanced out at decent prices also which is a surprise because in my town all Legos are full msrp all the time. I have all the monster fighters sets though, the vampire castle is very cool.

[quote name='SSchmidt']They've definitely grown on me too. I had no interest in them until i was able to score the Werewolf set for around $12.xx. I bought two for the pieces for my MOC's, but after I put one together I just fell in love with the figs and the moonstones.

Since then i've bought the mummy around 6.xx., the vampyre hearse, around 20.xx., and the crazy scientist with his monster., around 23.xx. I was able to get all these at Books-A-Million (yes they sell LEGO). They frequently clearance their toys at 40% off, plus with an additional 10% for being a rewards member, plus the coupons they send in the mail all the time.

I'm hooked on the MF sets now. I hope I can get the Ghost Train. It's been on AWD for 53.xx on and off, but I know I can score it cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the Werewolf for $13 from Walmart's online store, and got the Mummy set for $3.xx from Target. When I was informed of the sets on clearance at Walmart I decided to pull the trigger. The Train was $54, the Castle was $69, the Hearse was $25, and the Scientist was $35. The Swamp Creature was $5. I'm hoping to be working full time again this summer, which should allow me to grab the Haunted House at some point.

While I would have liked to find the sets cheaper, we have a reseller around here, so it made sense to grab them now. Sure enough, when I hit my local Walmart (three blocks away) a reseller had already cleared out the Monster Fighters sets, so they were obviously making their rounds.

So my dad wants the Technic Pick-up Tow Truck... Debating if I should get it for him for Father's Day, his birthday, or Christmas. Seems like a good set for only $70 though.

Went to TRU today and picked up six series 10 minifigs and had my worst feel method outing in a while but all I had to go off was the pic on my phone, needed the little insert list to get a good idea of the accessories and what I am feeling for. Anyways I ended up getting paintball player, tomahawk warrior, baseball fielder x2 and roman commander x2. Someone beat me to them though as they were all crinkled. Didn't find a Mr Gold of course but if I don't come across him, no biggie. The minifigs are BOGO 40% off though!

[quote name='jdiknght24']anyone have any interest in set#4000007 ole kirks house or set 3300003 lego retail store set.[/QUOTE]
Is the Space Pope reptilian?

I definetly would be interested in the retail store set.

I saw Metropolis Showdown and Black Zero Escape this morning at Walmart. Didn't pick them up since I don't get paid until next week.

Picked up Life of George today at Target for $8.98...DCPI 204-04-0631.

Saw most of the Monster line on clearance at Walmart for the 30% off most of you are seeing. Ghost Train seems to be the only must-own set in this line and we already have it. I'll grab that castle if it hits $50 though. Also saw that the Captain America motorcycle set was clearanced too.

[quote name='jdiknght24']anyone have any interest in set#4000007 ole kirks house or set 3300003 lego retail store set.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in the retail store set, but chances are other members here can outbid me.

[quote name='180husher']Picked up Life of George today at Target for $8.98...DCPI 204-04-0631.

Saw most of the Monster line on clearance at Walmart for the 30% off most of you are seeing. Ghost Train seems to be the only must-own set in this line and we already have it. I'll grab that castle if it hits $50 though. Also saw that the Captain America motorcycle set was clearanced too.[/QUOTE]

Anyone here tried Life of George? Is it any good?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Anyone here tried Life of George? Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

I am curious also but I looked it up and it is not compatible with my phone. Is that the only way to use it?

Oh yeah when I was at TRU yesterday they still had about four Star Wars Advent Calendars for $30. They were $24 moths ago! i was going to pull the trigger and get two, then just return one, but bleh that. I just like R2D2 snowman.

[quote name='mickeyp']I am curious also but I looked it up and it is not compatible with my phone. Is that the only way to use it?[/QUOTE]

It works with the ipad/ipad mini if you have that. I got it a couple of Christmases ago and it's pretty fun. There are a couple of other apps that use the set that have popped up too but I haven't gotten around to using them. For $9, I would recommend it.

I couldn't find any other place to ask this and google searches are turning up nothing so:

Anyone have any idea how to decipher the codes on the Kre-o Star Trek blind packs?

I picked up what I think is a complete set of blind packs on the way home this evening and will post the results of opening them shortly. As soon as my wife and kids are asleep, I'll have time for toys, video games, and such. ;)

[quote name='demonchylde']I couldn't find any other place to ask this and google searches are turning up nothing so:

Anyone have any idea how to decipher the codes on the Kre-o Star Trek blind packs?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they are "officially" out yet as the boxes at my store say to hold til the week of the 29th. Probably in the next few days, you might see something pop up online as to what the figure codes are.

[quote name='prim4444']I don't think they are "officially" out yet as the boxes at my store say to hold til the week of the 29th. Probably in the next few days, you might see something pop up online as to what the figure codes are.[/QUOTE]

They must have *just* put the box out today at the TRU demonchylde and I stopped in at. The packs were marked 05-10 i.e. XXXXXX 05, XXXXXX 06...XXXXXX 10, so as long as you get one of each of those numbers you should have a full set.

Of course, not a single store in LA has seemingly had the GD GI Joe Kreo blind packs in weeks. Any store that has them "in stock" will cancel the store pick up order on them :roll:

Kre-o Star Trek Blind Packs:

Each one has a serial number stamped on the upper left corner of the back of the package. They all start with "30711" followed by some space than two more numbers. Here's what those two more numbers mean according to the packs I opened tonight:

05 - Captain Nero
06 - Keenser (Scotty's little helper)
07 - Lieutenant Sprog
08 - Klingon
09 - Gorn
10 - Grasia

And that, friends and neighbors, is wave 1 of the Kre-O Star Trek blind packs. Enjoy, and happy hunting!

didnt think they had them anymore, but I swung by wal-mart just to grab stuff and saw the LotR Moria set I've always wanted badly siting on one of the shelves.

saw the $79.99 sticker on the box and was sad.

as I put my head down, I saw under it a tag on its shelf saying $54.

Wrong shelf, right?

nope.

bought ^_^

in fact I think there's still 2 or 3 more boxes of them left :)

[quote name='FadeToOne']I'd be all over Star Trek sets if they were Lego, but Kre-o is pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

If I were LEGO I'd sue. Kre-o just stole even the same piece designs. Look at the mini Klingon ship, it can be built in Lego exactly, even that piece of the top back looks exactly like LEGO.

And now I realize why none of the GI Joe Kreo bags I got were Cobras ...
Wish I would've realized that before I got nostalgic and bought them.

[quote name='bigdaddy']If I were LEGO I'd sue. Kre-o just stole even the same piece designs. Look at the mini Klingon ship, it can be built in Lego exactly, even that piece of the top back looks exactly like LEGO.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing building a Kreo GI Joe set. You can easily use the instructions as a blueprint for a Lego version. I like Kreo better than Megablocks, and the printing on Kreo figs are quite good, but nothing compares to the good ol' minifig.

My problem is that Kre-o looks like it stole LEGO molds ad make their own. Megabloks suck, but at least their stuff looks a little different.

AWD has another Jabba's Palace for $78 (This is the third one I've seen at this price, great thing people bought them for $200 last week. :lol:), VW van for $95 and a Fire Brigade for $122 and a log cabin for $20 (well worth it).

bread's done
Back