LEGO Deals 3

Who was looking for a quinjet? SD is reporting there's a cartwheel coupon for 50% off and a shopkick coupon for $5 off, making it $30.
I just went and did this and got the last Quinjet at my local Target. $30 is worth it for Black Widow and the jet alone. Really didn't need another Loki though.
No more police stations though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went and did this and got the last Quinjet at my local Target. $30 is worth it for Black Widow and the jet alone. Really didn't need another Loki though.
No more police stations though.
Yeah ive been looking for this set for a while...my stores were sold out :(

I picked up the forest station,only the last of the three targets I checked had it and they had multiple. Thanks for pointing it out. For whatever reason I wasn't charged tax either, ended up getting it for 23.75 after red card. While checking the cartwheel I also noticed the zombie hunter game for 20% off but forgot about it at the store. I barely made it to the store before it closed and I already bought it on BF for 25 so I'm happy either way.

Just spent ~45 minutes on the phone with Target customer service trying to get the 50% for the Police Station. 1st woman's english was so bad I was glad when the call got disconnected. Second guy was slightly better and knew about the coupon, I got disconnected when he was supposedly transferring me to a "level 2 purchasing agent". Third woman spoke great english and just told me to place the order online and give her the order number and she'll adjust it. She said it would take about 30 minutes to do and I would get an email about it.

I hope this works....

*Got the email, got a refund of $23.75, looks like they took 50% off the total after the redcard discount. Bit weird, but whatever. Final price 26.96

Bug obliterator is $40 at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A88EIFM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1385911942&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

I saw that. I'm hoping the big blue $100 set goes on sale for $50.

They also have the race car / truck set for $17.50, which is like 42% off.

EDIT - Seems they have a ton of the GS sets for 50% off. Maybe I'll get my wish.

Does anyone understand the Eurobricks raffle? They said there was 167 people in the raffle and 144 prizes so your chances are good, yet there seems to be only one winner per day. When you ask a question they never give you a correct answer and get annoyed "We have been doing this for years". Yeah they have been running the site just as poorly for 2-3 times as long. :lol:

I saw that. I'm hoping the big blue $100 set goes on sale for $50.

They also have the race car / truck set for $17.50, which is like 42% off.

EDIT - Seems they have a ton of the GS sets for 50% off. Maybe I'll get my wish.

Does anyone understand the Eurobricks raffle? They said there was 167 people in the raffle and 144 prizes so your chances are good, yet there seems to be only one winner per day. When you ask a question they never give you a correct answer and get annoyed "We have been doing this for years". Yeah they have been running the site just as poorly for 2-3 times as long. :lol:
Based on the pricing graph, $50 looks like it is a little ambitious right now. Price has been dropping steadily but $65 is the lowest yet. $50 would be a huge drop for that set.

Are the holiday exclusive sets ever sought after? Got the Creator 2013 LEGO Holiday Set (40083) free with purchasing the 3 Minecraft sets...just wondering if I should hold on to it or dump it on eBay?

Trying to find a quinjet set on eBay cheap since Target started getting rid of these for $30 but looks like they're still roughly $60 average after shipping.

KrayzieKMF, on 01 Dec 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28737556&cp=&parentPage=search

Lego Hobbit laketown guards polybags are available now with the b1g1 50% off.

Thanks for this...sold out online now but will check stores before they're gone.

Picked up GS Galactic Titan, Crater Creeper and Blue build plate. For $52 + tax. My Amex had a $25 credit if I spent $75 at Amazon. This ended up being a great deal. We will have a ton of fun building these.

Lone Ranger bank set is $26 after I bought it for 31 a few weeks back from Target.  It has like 550 piers so it's a great value.

BOGO 30% off and free shipping on Target.com.  Today only.

LEGO Shop has free shipping and new City, NinjaGo and Creator sets.

If you spend over $75 on toys and remember to add it to your cart you get a free teddy bear.

If an exclusive is on AWD it's normally gone about 5-15 inures after I see it.  But it's no where close to the first I have seen.  probably about the 5th at least.

I survived the day without buying anything (Have to stop spending money on plastic).  Those GS 50% off deals, the $46 Hobbits Gathering set, the $60 Lone Ranger Train, countless smaller sets.  I survived and Amazon is now out of stock of everything.  :lol:

Hi, I just bought  The Lone Ranger Constitution Train and I was wondering if I could get some tips and advice on what would be the easiest/affordable way to get it to run.Maybe someone here as done it already.

I am wondering if I need to go on ebay and get an old train part and which old one would work best or buy another new train set and swap out a part?

I am a long time Lego fan since I was a kid in the 1980's but I have never had any trains sets.So I would be a noob on this.

Thanks

Hi, I just bought The Lone Ranger Constitution Train and I was wondering if I could get some tips and advice on what would be the easiest/affordable way to get it to run.Maybe someone here as done it already.

I am wondering if I need to go on ebay and get an old train part and which old one would work best or buy another new train set and swap out a part?

I am a long time Lego fan since I was a kid in the 1980's but I have never had any trains sets.So I would be a noob on this.

Thanks
I've got a couple of these and I'm planning on motorizing them but haven't gotten around to it yet.

There was an older 9V track system Lego used which would be the easiest way to get this train moving, but if you don't have any of those 9V parts and tracks (like me) you are going to have to use the newer wireless motor train system. Some of the specialty train sets like the Horizon Express and Mersk Train were built with the ability to be easily motorized if you wanted, but most of the themed train sets like Harry Potter or Lone Ranger are not. They are built to look like the trains not run like the trains. Simply put, you are going to have to mod the train yourself. You are going to need 88000 (battery box), 88002 (train motor), 8884 (IR receiver), and 8879 (IR remote control). You are looking at about $55 w/o tax. I have a free shipping code if you want...just PM me. The remote can control up to 8 different trains by switching channels so you won't have to rebuy that to motorize future trains. You could also buy either of the two current motorized train sets (7938 or 7939) and swap out the parts. I prefer to buy the parts so I don't have to tear down trains to make others run. Plus there's nothing cooler than having multiple trains running at the same time.

I find it easier to build the train first and then just play around with taking things apart and rebuilding around the motorizing parts you need to have. The most difficult part is hiding the battery box...its big and bulky. It takes up half of my passenger car for Hogwart's express! Luckily, the Lone Ranger train is built to run on track so you only have to focus on putting on the motorizing parts and hiding them the best you can. If I get a chance, I'll post pics of my train mods to show you how I did them. One thing to keep in mind is that this is IR controlled, so the remote and receiver have to have a direct line of sight. You can't bury the IR receiver inside the build somewhere. It's little black dome has to be exposed to receive the remotes commands. Looking at the box for the Lone Ranger train, I believe the best place to put the battery box would be the last car behind the gray sliding door. The IR receiver would blend in with the black roof. Then I would put the motor on the little coal car and mod them to get the cable to run through.

Let me know how it goes. I would have built mine by now if it wasn't for this being such a busy time of the year!

I took a close look at the Lego Movie sets on S@H for the first time. I'm loving the trippy theme and piece selection. My personal highlight is the fabuland torso in the big set.

TRU online has normal MSRP of sets and BOGO50% off.  Nt as good as recent sales but this includes some harder to find sets like the master boulder sets and Architecture.

Thanks. Was able to get Batman Funhouse for instore pickup. Was thinking i might miss that set.
This has become my favorite lego deals thread anywhere.

AWD has added about 25 sets, nothing special from the looks of it.  However  like how they added the sets after the weekend and cyber Monday.  The Lone Ranger Train is $92, would have loved it for around $50.

I like how all the "The LEGO Movie" transforming sets are $30.   The Castle one has three mnifigures and over 400 pieces.  Nice value.

Are you all stocking up on 6860 Batcaves?

TRU has the BOGO 1/2, which is not too shabby!

Target seems to be blowing out sets left and right...

What's so special about Batcaves?

We had had two now, get a third one next year and all three of them are horribly lacking.

Picked up the Spider-Man cycle set today at TRU for $4 by price matching Wal-mart and using the $10 "gift card" from Black Friday. They had most of the new sets out already.

I like how all the "The LEGO Movie" transforming sets are $30. The Castle one has three mnifigures and over 400 pieces. Nice value.
I didn't really like any of the TLM sets when the pictures first came out but I'm impressed with the 2-in-1 features, especially the ice cream truck and plumbing truck. I do suspect that we will see deep discounts on these sets.

I didn't really like any of the TLM sets when the pictures first came out but I'm impressed with the 2-in-1 features, especially the ice cream truck and plumbing truck. I do suspect that we will see deep discounts on these sets.
I liked their craziness and the awesome pieces, but they all felt the same. Now that I know they transform I really like a lot of the sets. #30-430 pieces and only $30 (Plus we are cheap asses so they are great in BOGO--% sales). I can't wait for the ice cream truck and the trippy hippo cat castle.

A lot of Funhouses selling. I must have processed 20 in store pickup orders for just these today. 2 or 4 in each order.
Yeah resellers lol...they seem to be OOS everywhere and the cheapest on ebay like like $60+ each.

Which you could basically buy 2 and sell one to get it super cheap.

bread's done
Back