LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='bigdaddy']There is a Target commercial that features a bunch of Legos, mini figures skating, tons of LEGO pine trees. It's a commercial of a girl thinking of her toys in a bag. Nice to see a girl think about LEGOs even if it's a fake thing. :lol:[/QUOTE]

plenty of us girls think about LEGO all the time. ;)

TOY40 at yoyo.com gets you 40% off one item - works on LEGO, does not work on mindstorms reportedly (didn’t check).

i got helm’s deep for $70.49 shipped.

[quote name='aunt beast']TOY40 at yoyo.com gets you 40% off one item - works on LEGO, does not work on mindstorms reportedly (didn’t check).

i got helm’s deep for $70.49 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much. The toy my daughter wants for Christmas is the Avengers Quinjet set (she really wants black widow) and this was easily the best price I have seen it for.

How did you apply the toy40 coupon at yoyo.com, it says not for use on sale items?, both weathertop and helms deep are on sale and it wont let me apply them.

[quote name='aunt beast']plenty of us girls think about LEGO all the time. ;)[/QUOTE]

I know but until this year I think LEGO and businesses ignored that. Then Friends has been a huge hit and that woke everyone up. :)

And you are my favorite woman right now. I got 7066, the big Alien Conquest set for less than $50! I just need the horrible huge UFO set for really cheap (less than $30, was $35 last week) and I'll have the complete series.

[quote name='rushisrighton']How did you apply the toy40 coupon at yoyo.com, it says not for use on sale items?, both weathertop and helms deep are on sale and it wont let me apply them.[/QUOTE]

worked fine for me. it took $40 off the sale price of $110.49 = $70.49 - the max discount is evidently $40.

glad it worked for many of you!

[quote name='rushisrighton']How did you apply the toy40 coupon at yoyo.com, it says not for use on sale items?, both weathertop and helms deep are on sale and it wont let me apply them.[/QUOTE]

When the code first came out it worked on sale prices but then they added "Not on sale items" part to it.

[quote name='aunt beast']TOY40 at yoyo.com gets you 40% off one item - works on LEGO, does not work on mindstorms reportedly (didn’t check).

i got helm’s deep for $70.49 shipped.[/QUOTE]

on slickdeals ppl are reporting the coupon DOES work for mindstorms - end price $211 shipped

It seems to have a $40 off limit.

Has anyone tried multiple orders? I'd like to buy the beach house for $30 and the Avengers jet for like $35.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It seems to have a $40 off limit.

Has anyone tried multiple orders? I'd like to buy the beach house for $30 and the Avengers jet for like $35.[/QUOTE]

I agree,
Has anyone tried multiple orders?

[quote name='bigdaddy']It seems to have a $40 off limit.

Has anyone tried multiple orders? I'd like to buy the beach house for $30 and the Avengers jet for like $35.[/QUOTE]

it was reported on slickdeals that you could do one order on your credit card and another through paypal.

you might also use your credit card and a friend or relative's for the 2nd order - if you use the same street address, type it in slightly differently e.g. E. / East , Ave. / Avenue

$40 off is the cap

[quote name='mikepeluso']It won't work for me on the Star Wars Desert Skiff at $24.99.It say its a sale item but it doesn't to be on sale.I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

i'm just funneling advice from slickdeals tonight, but you should be able to call them and have them make it work for you. worked for someone else.

I just used the TOY40 code on the Creator Lighthouse and it worked, even though the site says the Lighthouse is on sale. So, yeah, if you're having problems with the code not working, I would call them.

[quote name='elgato10x']I just used the TOY40 code on the Creator Lighthouse and it worked, even though the site says the Lighthouse is on sale. So, yeah, if you're having problems with the code not working, I would call them.[/QUOTE]

How much did you pay for it? Because on the main Creator sets screen it's on sale, however once you click on it or add it to your cart it's $39.99, the regular price.

There is some crazy shit going on right now with sale prices. An $80 Creator set is on sale on one page for $72, then add it to your cart it's $64. Worth trying to figure what's on sale and if the coupon still works if you really want to try.

And I really need to start buying the Creator house more. The other themes bore me, but Apple House, beach side house, and light house would make a great sea side paradise for really cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I showed up too late for this one. Mindstorms shows on sale then not on sale...same with Helm's Deep now too. I'll wait.

[quote name='180husher']Looks like I showed up too late for this one. Mindstorms shows on sale then not on sale...same with Helm's Deep now too. I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

Helm's Deep might be $130 but 40% off still makes it $78. I doubt you will do better than 40% off and (maybe) no tax for that set.

I was looking for cheap / damage Alien Conquest sets, I love the theme so much (Could even go past Ice Planet for my favorite Space theme) and as a comment on a picture someone uploaded for the nice UFO...

5 year old Very Happy with this product. It did require adult to complete assembly.

Well yes, the age is 7+. Be happy he didn't eat the pieces. :lol:

I would probably have missed the yoyo deal if not for my daily lego thread updates :p

I grabbed the Quinjet, finally.

There is a new "police" set. it's a weird crime building, a helicopter, a boat and an orange pick up truck. More brick bricks and a garage door, I'm so happy they brought those back.

http://toysnbricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/LEGO-City-60009-Helicopter-Arrest-Pre.png

At least LEGO is changing the fire and police torsos. I was really getting sick of the ones they seemed to use from 2004-2010. Probably wrong but I felt they never changed. Love the new fire ones, the police ones look like squad guys so that's good too.

[quote name='bigdaddy']There is a new "police" set. it's a weird crime building, a helicopter, a boat and an orange pick up truck. More brick bricks and a garage door, I'm so happy they brought those back.

http://toysnbricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/LEGO-City-60009-Helicopter-Arrest-Pre.png

At least LEGO is changing the fire and police torsos. I was really getting sick of the ones they seemed to use from 2004-2010. Probably wrong but I felt they never changed. Love the new fire ones, the police ones look like squad guys so that's good too.[/QUOTE]
That set is awesome. I know the 'bad guys' have a 'loot' chest, but it looks a lot more like Lego City PD is raiding a meth lab.

[quote name='180husher']Brickset shows a listing for Lone Ranger sets coming out next year...no pics though. There is a train set maybe?!?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm excited about the Lone Ranger sets.I hope they look good.Finally some western sets again.

Check your local Walgreen's this week.

Minifigs should be BOGO 50% off. YMMV on selection - my store carries series 8 and regularly sells out - but the store down the street has nothing but loads of series seven. A few stores downtown don't carry minifigs at all.

I think this deal extends to Star Wars Planets sets - but I believe they're marked up significantly - not sure. I'm mostly into the minifig scene.

Walgreen's also carries Ninjago character spinners - but I don't think the BOGO sale applies to them and again, I think they're marked up a bit.

You'll need to sign up for the new Walgreen's loyalty card to get the sale pricing - which can be done in less than a minute at checkout.

If you're willing to research Walgreen's Register Reward program - you could load up on toiletries and other essentials - and get the minifigs "kinda sorta" free. That's what I do. The 15% employee discount helps a bit - but the drawback is ...I have to work there.

I can't sleep and I was looking through the PaB website and came across Brick 1X1 No. "6"

If anyone has time take a look. It's a stone blue 1x1 brick with... a cow in a field printed on it. I have never seen anything like it in my life and have no clue what it would even go to. lol

[quote name='Zepp-Head']^Why its a minifigure-scale milk carton of course. LOL[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mikepeluso']
I believe it belongs to 5 different sets in the Friends line
For example like :Olivia’s Tree House
[/QUOTE]

Of course, I have always seen blue milk containers with a cow in a field on them! :lol:

That's so cool.

My package from yoyo came...
The Lego box is like 28 by 8 by 3-4 inches.
The shipping box is 24-30 inches by 36 inches by 12 inches at least! It's huge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys hurry! You can now BOGO50 the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star at TRU.com and shipping is totally free! I couldn't resist. With tax factored in, each worked out to 20% off. $319.79 each.

EDIT: Nevermind. SSD is same price on Amazon if you don't need a DS.

[quote name='bigdaddy']My package from yoyo came...
The Lego box is like 28 by 8 by 3-4 inches.
The shipping box is 24-30 inches by 36 inches by 12 inches at least! It's huge![/QUOTE]

Mine is 16x24x16 for the Mines of Moria! The set is 3 inches thick. At least I got a crapload of those air bubble shipping thingies, but I don't think I'll be reusing this box anytime soon.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The log cabin set is only $21...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...17145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B004478GGK[/QUOTE]

But what do I get with it? Aaugh! And don't say Star Destroyer.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Guys hurry! You can now BOGO50 the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star at TRU.com and shipping is totally free! I couldn't resist. With tax factored in, each worked out to 20% off. $319.79 each.

EDIT: Nevermind. SSD is same price on Amazon if you don't need a DS.[/QUOTE]
That's not a bad price, but I am not the kind of guy who has a spare $650 to drop on a couple of LEGO sets. My entire yearly LEGO budget is probably right around that.

[quote name='bigdaddy']How much did you pay for it? Because on the main Creator sets screen it's on sale, however once you click on it or add it to your cart it's $39.99, the regular price.

There is some crazy shit going on right now with sale prices. An $80 Creator set is on sale on one page for $72, then add it to your cart it's $64. Worth trying to figure what's on sale and if the coupon still works if you really want to try.

And I really need to start buying the Creator house more. The other themes bore me, but Apple House, beach side house, and light house would make a great sea side paradise for really cheap.[/QUOTE]

I know the code expired, but I paid about $20 plus about $5 shipping for it, so the sale price and the code price both worked, somehow.

And yeah, the Creator line is pretty awesome. I have the Log Cabin and the Seaside House, both really great sets. I can't wait to build the Lighthouse.

^Very nice deal, wish I bought that too.

I have the log cabin, and the yellow beach house. The lighthouse is really awesome, it jumps around on Amazon. 512 pieces for $40 is awesome, for $25-$35 would be even nicer. Same with the apple tree house, but that set needs more windows... and apples. :lol:

The seaside house just costs way too much. $50 for 400 pieces, it's a little steep. Lego prices are just too damn high.

I'm building the big Alien Conquest set. I really miss this theme already, but I digress. What is up with LEGO being cheap with mini figures? Are they trying to get us to buy more of the collectable ones? The set is $90 and has only five mini figures and the brain slug. It needs another soldier and a regular Joe. The "mothership" is $60 and has 2! Really?! It wasn't as bad because of the $5 set had a human and alien.

Then the new Space theme even has less. A $70 set has 3, a $100 set has 4. None have more than one alien per set! It's starting to get out of hand.

[quote name='ackbar7']That's not a bad price, but I am not the kind of guy who has a spare $650 to drop on a couple of LEGO sets. My entire yearly LEGO budget is probably right around that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah heh heh, right after I posted here I had the buyer's remorse and cancelled the order before it went into processing status. That SSD is just too big for my Lego room.

Hmm I see the Park Cafe is 25 on Walmart.com but its not available online anymore. Will they price match it in the store?

[quote name='bigdaddy']^Very nice deal, wish I bought that too.

I have the log cabin, and the yellow beach house. The lighthouse is really awesome, it jumps around on Amazon. 512 pieces for $40 is awesome, for $25-$35 would be even nicer. Same with the apple tree house, but that set needs more windows... and apples. :lol:

The seaside house just costs way too much. $50 for 400 pieces, it's a little steep. Lego prices are just too damn high.

I'm building the big Alien Conquest set. I really miss this theme already, but I digress. What is up with LEGO being cheap with mini figures? Are they trying to get us to buy more of the collectable ones? The set is $90 and has only five mini figures and the brain slug. It needs another soldier and a regular Joe. The "mothership" is $60 and has 2! Really?! It wasn't as bad because of the $5 set had a human and alien.

Then the new Space theme even has less. A $70 set has 3, a $100 set has 4. None have more than one alien per set! It's starting to get out of hand.[/QUOTE]

bigdaddy that Alien Commander from the Mothership is easily the coolest minifigure I have ever owned. Every thing about him is pure awesomeness! (but i'm with you, why are they being so stingy with minifigs :roll:)

AC apart from LOTR is my favorite set, and I have a backlog of MOC's i'm building for AC... if I can ever find the time to build them

Guys you need to go check out your local KMART.

I'm sure, like always with the Sears corporation it is very YMMV.

I frequent their clearance toys, and they moved a bunch of LEGO sets to their Clearance aisle, (all POTC, DC Heroes sets, the city Marina set). A few weeks back I got the Isla De Muerta set from POTC for about $14.

They only clearanced them a few dollars off, as you can see, but still every penny saved is a penny earned with these little outrageously priced guys.

Anyway, I went there last night and thought I would scope out the clearance toys. I saw a sign saying all clearanced toys, 50% off lowest price.

The legos had been picked clean (including the marina set I had been eyeing which would have been about $18)

I got the Batman and Catwoman set for $5.xx. Only 86 pieces, but not a bad deal at all considering the uniqueness of the set and pieces.
They had 4 or 5 of the same Lego friends set for $5 as well, but having no children, I usually stick to MOC building from certain sets, or buying LEGO on sale.

Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to go check out your local KMART. And if anyone is interested, I could probably get you the Friends set for $5 and would gladly swap it for something of equal value :D

EDIT: The Friends set is Lego Friends, Andreas Stage, a $15ish set on Amazon (with free shipping). It was clearanced at $10 at KMART, so 50% off would put it around $5.30 after tax is factored in. If you want one of these sets let me know, and I can go and try to pick some up and we can do some swapping :D

I really hate the randomness of the minifigs... got my order of 16 minifigs from the LEGO sale. The interesting thing was they sent me 17, but that didn't help much. Got:

1 Fairy
1 Cheerleader
1 Ski Chick
1 German Guy
1 Santa
1 Diver
2 Alien Queens
2 DJ Guys
2 Shakespeares
and FIVE Pirates

I was thinking "That list doesn't seem too bad, what is he complaining abo.... ohhhh...."

The pirate is terrible, I was pissed when I got him by mistake and I only had one extra. :lol:

bread's done
Back