LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='wckddudeman']Hey guys, just came across this this mroning. They are lego shaped storage bins, made by a Danish design firm in collaboration with LEGO. They are stackable, and seem pretty nifty:

They also sell minifig head bins.
Minifig head thermos', small size boxes, and lunchboxes.[/QUOTE]

Expensive.

Anyone know where I can find Mass Effect themed custom sets or instructions? I'd love to build a Mako or Normandy, and I've found some that people have built. But, I can't find instructions or brick lists anywhere. I found an okay Normandy on ebay, but it's not very detailed and $50. Any help would be appreciated!!!

[quote name='El Rey']Hey prim is there an item number for series 9 in the system yet? Any sign of them being in warehouses yet?[/QUOTE]

not yet

I took my trains out of the box my mom shoved them in after last Christmas and I never had time to see how badly she stored them. I only have the train on display for Christmas because I have no room or no time.

Badly. I'm missing dozens of pieces to the Holiday Train. Pretty much only the Engine and the toy car, and the tree car are missing a few small pieces you can't notice.

So what have we learned children? Keep your parents away from your LEGOs no matter the age. :lol:

Anyone interested in a sale of the top of the line Ninjago set? It's only £48.99 or $76 USD. That's about 37% off so it'll probably be the best deal for Xmas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZS4U8Y/

9450_alt1.jpg

Which is the better shipping from the UK, standard or global priority? These are big sets in a big box. I've seen how bad the boxes are domestically, shudder to think what kind of handling they have coming from the UK.

Didn't matter, decided on standard and they were sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brock Samson']Which is the better shipping from the UK, standard or global priority? These are big sets in a big box. I've seen how bad the boxes are domestically, shudder to think what kind of handling they have coming from the UK.[/QUOTE]

I think I picked the cheap one (standard?) when I got the fire temple and everything came in great condition. I hope this set comes in the same condition. Once this deal gets posted on the big lego websites, I believe this will sell out quickly.

TRU 12/14-12/15 Sale prices

City Town City Garage $87.09
Star Wars Hoth Echo Base $63.64
City Fire Plane $46.89
Star Wars Palpatine's Arrest $73.69
Super Heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle $56.94
Ninjago Samurai Mech $30.14
LotR Battle of Helm's Deep $93.79

Wow actual decent sale prices from TRU. If I wasn't so busy buying other people gifts at the moment I would jump on a few of those.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU 12/14-12/15 Sale prices

City Fire Plane $46.89
LotR Battle of Helm's Deep $93.79[/QUOTE]

Finally time to use my TRU credit and rewards points. Do I go with Palpatine's arrest or Samurai Mech (thinking amazon would price match that).

I'm glad a found this thread but man...I feel like there hasn't been any good legos around in last 10 years since i was a kid...the lotr helms deep is the first good action set i seen in a long time. I miss the old catle ages sets and mellenium falcon sw era. I thought the ancient ninja/samurai sets were way better than this ninjago stuff. When I first started seeing bionical is when i lost interest since it didnt feel like traditional legos.....is it just me?

[quote name='brock Samson']Which is the better shipping from the UK, standard or global priority? These are big sets in a big box. I've seen how bad the boxes are domestically, shudder to think what kind of handling they have coming from the UK.

Didn't matter, decided on standard and they were sold out.[/QUOTE]

It's back in stock now. It's been in and out of stock all day.

[quote name='Stoic21']I'm glad a found this thread but man...I feel like there hasn't been any good legos around in last 10 years since i was a kid...the lotr helms deep is the first good action set i seen in a long time. I miss the old catle ages sets and mellenium falcon sw era. I thought the ancient ninja/samurai sets were way better than this ninjago stuff. When I first started seeing bionical is when i lost interest since it didnt feel like traditional legos.....is it just me?[/QUOTE]

Funny you say they haven't made good sets in the last 10 years because excet for Star Wars the sets from 1999-2004 were such shit that the company was thinking about selling themselves to other toy makers.

Lego makes a lot of crap but there is good left in the company. Plus you missed out on two very well receive Castle themes.

longer story short - few boys at local 'kids shelter' that we buy xmas gifts for have requested Ninjago - they have none - i remember Walmart had like the skull truck etc clearance last year - anyone know of any deals on Ninjago?? I'm lookin' basically to get the most bang for my buck for these kids - but Ninjago . Also if anyone picked up any 'extras' from the old line on clearance etc I'd be interested - let me know - Thanks...

also special ty to Prim4444 for his TRU insights...thanks again

Is that a decent price on Helm's Deep at TRU? I like that one quite a bit so I may pick it up.

I know I missed a coupon from yoyo.com a few weeks back for cheaper, but still.

I was doing something similar earlier this week (not legos, but other toys and cloths). Try asking the manager of the store if they can help you out on the price. I had good luck getting 30-50% markdowns on the stuff I was buying. I can't remember if Kohls sells legos, but they gave some good discounts!

[quote name='scp89']longer story short - few boys at local 'kids shelter' that we buy xmas gifts for have requested Ninjago - they have none - i remember Walmart had like the skull truck etc clearance last year - anyone know of any deals on Ninjago?? I'm lookin' basically to get the most bang for my buck for these kids - but Ninjago . Also if anyone picked up any 'extras' from the old line on clearance etc I'd be interested - let me know - Thanks...

also special ty to Prim4444 for his TRU insights...thanks again[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dagarcia2678']I had good luck getting 30-50% markdowns on the stuff I was buying. [/QUOTE]

That is one weak manager.

I have worked different retail jobs all my life and I have never had a manager give random discounts on new products. Clearance stuff and displays, sure, but if you came up to me asking to get a manager to lower the price I would tell you point blank not to waste my time or theirs. If you can't afford the price on the box then don't buy it, it's just a useless toy.

I actually find this somewhat offensive because at Lowes most of our hours were based on sales, if we started giving everything away for 50% because a costumer asks for it I'd be out of a job.

[quote name='dagarcia2678']I was doing something similar earlier this week (not legos, but other toys and cloths). Try asking the manager of the store if they can help you out on the price. I had good luck getting 30-50% markdowns on the stuff I was buying. I can't remember if Kohls sells legos, but they gave some good discounts![/QUOTE]

my kohls does not sell lego. You could also try places that specialize in overstock or discount, Marshals, TJ Max or whatever you have in your area. I haven't been to these stores this season but last year TJ Max had a lot of older lego sets they had obviously gotten from other stores.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU 12/14-12/15 Sale prices

City Fire Plane $46.89
LotR Battle of Helm's Deep $93.79[/QUOTE]

Not bad on the TRU exclusives, I guess. I was looking over their deal this week with $25 off any $100 or more Lego purchase, but the markup makes it a lousy deal. Anyone know if any of their doorbuster coupons will work with the $25 off $100 though? There's a coupon for an extra 25% off doorbusters, extra 20% off 2 day super saver items, and some sort of $10 and $5 power pass savings on 'specially marked items'. I'd love to double or triple dip...

Palpatine's arrest is tempting. The set is kinda meh, but the 6 minifigures make up for it. They should have included Yoda too. Still a bit pricey just for that though.

Was just at tru last night and this set was selling at $110... that's $20 above retail. Feel sorry for those parents who don't shop around and pay tru's markup.

I was at Target today and picked up SW Droid Escape for $13.xx as a substitute price for a Bionicle set being OOS.

[quote name='karkyco']Not bad on the TRU exclusives, I guess. I was looking over their deal this week with $25 off any $100 or more Lego purchase, but the markup makes it a lousy deal. Anyone know if any of their doorbuster coupons will work with the $25 off $100 though? There's a coupon for an extra 25% off doorbusters, extra 20% off 2 day super saver items, and some sort of $10 and $5 power pass savings on 'specially marked items'. I'd love to double or triple dip...[/QUOTE]

there’s this $10 off $50 paypal deal at SD:

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/854...-at-toys-r-us-stores-when-you-pay-with-paypal

don't know if you can stack that - deal is good through dec 21. are sale prices only in-store or also online?

skiizim, congrats on your new son!

Perhaps it wasn't clear from my post that I was shopping for gifts for children in a battered women's shelter and asked the manager if they would be willing to help out in stretching the money I was donating... I wasn't asking for a discount because I "can't afford the price on the box."

[quote name='bigdaddy']That is one weak manager.

I have worked different retail jobs all my life and I have never had a manager give random discounts on new products. Clearance stuff and displays, sure, but if you came up to me asking to get a manager to lower the price I would tell you point blank not to waste my time or theirs. If you can't afford the price on the box then don't buy it, it's just a useless toy.

I actually find this somewhat offensive because at Lowes most of our hours were based on sales, if we started giving everything away for 50% because a costumer asks for it I'd be out of a job.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dagarcia2678']Perhaps it wasn't clear from my post that I was shopping for gifts for children in a battered women's shelter and asked the manager if they would be willing to help out in stretching the money I was donating... I wasn't asking for a discount because I "can't afford the price on the box."[/QUOTE]

No, you were fairly clear about it. Someone was just being a douche.

[quote name='karkyco']Not bad on the TRU exclusives, I guess. I was looking over their deal this week with $25 off any $100 or more Lego purchase, but the markup makes it a lousy deal. Anyone know if any of their doorbuster coupons will work with the $25 off $100 though? There's a coupon for an extra 25% off doorbusters, extra 20% off 2 day super saver items, and some sort of $10 and $5 power pass savings on 'specially marked items'. I'd love to double or triple dip...[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think all the coupons you mentioned wont' work on Legos. TRU put specialty marked items all over the place, so I'm guessing only a handful of overpriced crap is the only stuff those coupons would work on.

I'm going tomorrow... but I'm not having high hopes.

oh god, horrid experience at TRU... I'm used to some of their BS , but this was just nuts.

Picked up:

2x 70700
1x 70701
1x 70702
1x 79100

With their 20 off 100, and my 20 groupon, it should have came to 65ish? But wait... every set was even more higher than marked and they didn't have any shelf tags for the new prices.

70700 Lego(11.99) TRU(15.99 but shelf read 14.99)
70701 Lego(19.99) TRU(24.99 but shelf read 21.99)
70702 Lego(29.99) TRU(37.99 but shelf read 34.99)
79100 Lego(11.99) TRU(17.99 but shelf read 14.99)

TRU's inability to mark their own uppage was another $10 more.

And every set they had to correct, it screwed with the 20 off 100. At first they read it as 89, which was probably right but not as what the shelf price stated, so they reworked the numbers and then said 92, and I told them that wasn't right either, and then they came back at 97!?! which was higher than the first one.

so what they finally just did was change the biggest set 20 off.

I don't even know if they'll be fixing their own tags, because hardly anything was right in that purchase. I was scarred at the Hobbit prices too, I think some sets were up at least $14.

Oh I think they had 70704, which is 79.99, and had it at 104.99.... $25 more... outrageous.

There is a great article in which Lego Friends is reinforcing female stereotypes of how they only care about looks because Lego make a salon.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/busines...les-sales-to-girls-despite-feminist-critique/

Looking at the line... There are cafe, salon, camper, boat, sand castles, a tree house, cars, horse riding, music, designer, and a workshop!

We all knew this when the first article on this insane "news" came out. But now we have proof about this being made up, sales for girls is up 300%, from 9% of sales to 27%!

The revolvers in that picture look strikingly like the old M*GA BL*CKS ones......what the heck was wrong with the classic LEGO revolver? It was perfect!

Wait, so they're doing Lone Ranger now too? Are we basically seeing the death of all non-licensed Lego lines aside from Town?

[quote name='encendido5']Did Lego run out of 4 digit set numbers finally? I was confused by xycury's post thinking they were poly bags.[/QUOTE]

they didn't run out, but Lego knew they would eventually so they revamped the number system. I think all 2013 will be 5 digits and of course all future sets.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wait, so they're doing Lone Ranger now too? Are we basically seeing the death of all non-licensed Lego lines aside from Town?[/QUOTE]
How do you figure...
Ninjago
Monster Fighters
Galaxy Squad
Legend of Chima
Creator
Friends
With City, that makes 7.

Licensed
SW
LOTR/Hobbit
Marvel/DC
TMNT
Lone Ranger

Non-licensed has more sets than the amount of Licensed.

Monster Fighters won't have new sets next year, but there are romors that we will get classic Castle back.

We have to remember that while Lego is making a lot more lisence sets than they did a few years ago, they still make twice as many classic sets as they did 20 years ago. Lego in general just makes a ton of sets a year.

I'm digging the Lone Ranger teaser. That could be fun. After watching some youtube reviews, the galaxy squad sets have my interest, too. They look like a lot of fun!

[quote name='bigdaddy']Monster Fighters won't have new sets next year, but there are romors that we will get classic Castle back.

We have to remember that while Lego is making a lot more lisence sets than they did a few years ago, they still make twice as many classic sets as they did 20 years ago. Lego in general just makes a ton of sets a year.[/QUOTE]

That's actually a very good point which I didn't think of originally. While there is certainly more licensed sets coming out these days, there's more sets in general coming out.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's actually a very good point which I didn't think of originally. While there is certainly more licensed sets coming out these days, there's more sets in general coming out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that when I started to think about the three year rule. Lego sets used to be around for three years before being retired. Look at the numbers in the early 90s, it's about 125 sets a year, in 1992 it's 96 sets according to Brickset. This year it's close to 600. Sure a lot of that is crap like books and storages boxes, even if it's half garbage it's still 300 sets a year!

Lego no longer makes sets for years, they make sets for a year and if you want the set you better buy it quick, but they still make more "classic" sets than they used to. I wished they would be pickier with their themes, but if they were we wouldn't have the pretty nice Prince of Persia sets. However I don't think anyone here would want to get rid of Star Wars or Super Heroes.

Anybody have info as to whether all the $20 City sets (ambulance, fire truck, caravan, garbage truck, etc.) that are currently sold out at Lego Shop at Home are permanently gone? Seems like they haven't been around too long to be out of production already.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Anybody have info as to whether all the $20 City sets (ambulance, fire truck, caravan, garbage truck, etc.) that are currently sold out at Lego Shop at Home are permanently gone? Seems like they haven't been around too long to be out of production already.[/QUOTE]

There is a way to check on S&H for sets retiring soon. I saw that list at T&B, this was the second time I saw it, I can't remember what the previous sets were.

Yeah I've seen that page. Its just that usually if a set is still in production but sells out on the Lego website, it goes to "call to check availability" or "temporarily out of stock" status. Usually sets never return from "sold out" status. The Maersk train for example...

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Yeah I've seen that page. Its just that usually if a set is still in production but sells out on the Lego website, it goes to "call to check availability" or "temporarily out of stock" status. Usually sets never return from "sold out" status. The Maersk train for example...[/QUOTE]

I'm still not sure if you saw the link by reading your post but Lego implemented a new tag "retiring soon" on sets that are going to go OOP.

bread's done
Back