LEGO Deals 3

Aside from that little Chima set that you can't buy from @home, this is looking like my set of the year so far:

lego41019-375Wx375H.jpg

Throw out the bow and we'll be good to go. Emma's Karate Class is undeniably cool, too, but there's too much pink & purple to earn my respect. If they had done a real (read: not girlified) dojo color layout (black & white perhaps?) I would be in for that as well.

[quote name='Kerig']Emma's Karate Class is undeniably cool, too, but there's too much pink & purple to earn my respect. If they had done a real (read: not girlified) dojo color layout (black & white perhaps?) I would be in for that as well.[/QUOTE]

A kendo class with the helmet, sword, but no armor?

[quote name='lordopus99']Went for Orc Forge for $27 at Target. I figured it wouldn't make a further drop in my area.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea if that is just the sale price at your local Target or is that a Target sale price at other or all Target stores?

[quote name='mweav067']I didn't find this thread until I typed "Cheap Ass Lego" into Google...

I got lucky and managed to get my Wal-Mart's last Luke's Landspeeder for $12. Also got the Mandalorian Battle Pack for $6, and the Sith Nightspeeder for $12. Hit up another Wal-Mart for the Clone Trooper Battle Pack for $6.

Got the small Jeff Gorvette and Francesco Bernoulli sets at Target for about $4.

Just before Christmas I got the Super Star Destroyer from Amazon when it was $310, and used a 10% off code, so before tax it was like $279.[/QUOTE]

Damn, what does every Walmart but the ones near me have the Luke's Landspeeder for $12

[quote name='mikepeluso']Do you have any idea if that is just the sale price at your local Target or is that a Target sale price at other or all Target stores?[/QUOTE]

Clearance at one of my Targets

I am hereby vowing not to complain about my luck for the rest of the year.

Today, went to a distant Target. I'm not seeing very much in the clearance stuff, when I lean over and notice a list of HP minifigs on a box. I then pull out Hogwarts. The big one. 4842.

I should mention that I have been looking for this for awhile now. I wanted to get it on sale, but dithered too long and found it was sold out everywhere and going for well above MSRP.

Brought it to the scanner. It doesn't scan. Brought it to electronics, where a manager had to get a special gun and it rings up as...65, which went down to 61 and change after red card.

I went to a bunch of other Targets and Wal-Marts today, but didn't find any more Lego of any consequence. I am not complaining.

Also of non-Lego interest, I found a Neo Geo Gold X at a different Target for $139. Another online purchase someone returned to the store. While it was nifty and tempting, I put it back. It was fun finding it, though, 'cause I didn't know about it and seeing it there in Target was a big WTF.

I found this set on clearance at target, only problem was that they shot the price up to $38.98 and discounted it 15%. It was more expensive on clearance that it was when it was going for on MSRP.

Yeah, TRU is being tricky with their ''sales'' this week. A lot of their legos are at msrp on sale and they make up some high number as retail to make it look like you get a deal. Prime example is them listing jabba's palace at $150 retail and $120 on sale when the msrp is 120... Lol

[quote name='dschroll']What 10% code? I never manage to stumble on those codes when I need them.[/QUOTE]

They sent it to me a few days after I bought the AC Vita deal on Black Friday. It was for 10% off my next purchase of $100 or more.

Went for the Mining Truck at $17. Great story on that one, I scanned it at a price scanner, went to pay for it, and their credit/debit machine crashed. The place was a freaking madhouse. So I went back to toys, stashed it behind some Halo Mega Blocks sets, and went back for it later.

Amazon is out of the Diagon Alley set that I was going to order from them. Looks like I'll have to order it direct from Lego Shop now.

Also can't find any 2013 sets around here except at TRU with the upcharge. My Wal-Mart put out the Chima and City sets, my main Target has one Chima set out, and my K-Mart has the two Creator Mini sets and the Sith vs. Republic Troopers set. I'm probably going to end up grabbing the A-Wing and Creator Fierce Flyer set when I find them.

Also of note, has anyone noticed how the mini figures are driving up prices on the theme sets? The A-Wing should be $20 at most (only 177 pieces), and yet it is being sold at retail for $25 just because it has Han Solo and Admiral Ackbar.

[quote name='mweav067']They sent it to me a few days after I bought the AC Vita deal on Black Friday. It was for 10% off my next purchase of $100 or more.

Went for the Mining Truck at $17. Great story on that one, I scanned it at a price scanner, went to pay for it, and their credit/debit machine crashed. The place was a freaking madhouse. So I went back to toys, stashed it behind some Halo Mega Blocks sets, and went back for it later.

Amazon is out of the Diagon Alley set that I was going to order from them. Looks like I'll have to order it direct from Lego Shop now.

Also can't find any 2013 sets around here except at TRU with the upcharge. My Wal-Mart put out the Chima and City sets, my main Target has one Chima set out, and my K-Mart has the two Creator Mini sets and the Sith vs. Republic Troopers set. I'm probably going to end up grabbing the A-Wing and Creator Fierce Flyer set when I find them.

Also of note, has anyone noticed how the mini figures are driving up prices on the theme sets? The A-Wing should be $20 at most (only 177 pieces), and yet it is being sold at retail for $25 just because it has Han Solo and Admiral Ackbar.[/QUOTE]

First, I think we've all established that "great" Lego stories must begin or end with girl on girl jet skis.

Second, you'll have to wait for most 2013 sets until retailers are done with xmas clearance and reset their floorplans.

And finally, the minifigures can work to your advantage...I just bought two Gungan subs at Target for $35 each and plan on putting the Amidala minifigs on Ebay since they are fetching about $20 a piece. $30 total for about a 1000 pieces of Lego ain't bad.

[quote name='180husher']And finally, the minifigures can work to your advantage...I just bought two Gungan subs at Target for $35 each and plan on putting the Amidala minifigs on Ebay since they are fetching about $20 a piece. $30 total for about a 1000 pieces of Lego ain't bad.[/QUOTE]
This can be true, but mostly for larger/more expensive sets like the one you are talking about. I was recently able to pick up another Vampyre Castle for $63 at Fred Meyer and sold 4 of the minifigs for $60. But the cheaper sets it is less true of (though Capt. America and Iron Man disagree with me on this), and at least Ackbar seems to have no value as a minifig (I know, personally sad for me)

[quote name='skiizim']Is that you? I would hold onto the speeders, the market might get flooded later with the sets but the figures alone would fetch a nice price. I think the speeder is still available @home though.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I think that guy's in Torrance / the South Bay. I assume he/she cleared out at least the Walmart in the South Bay/Torrance off the 405. There are a few more down that way in Lakewood/Long Beach though. Only one anywhere close to me is the one in the ghetto at Crenshaw Plaza, which never has anything good on sale/clearance.

Jeeze, Target clearance is all over the place. Gungan subs? Jabba's palace? The Vampyre Castle? Need to get their DPCIs and start scanning.

Found the A-Wing and ended up just buying it. It is overpriced, especially considering it uses stickers, but so far it is the best looking Lego A-Wing (still hoping for a UCS of it) and I kind of really want the Han Solo and Ackbar figures.

Also found an Imperial V-Wing at Walmart for $9.50. Random find on that one.

Seem to have missed the $50 X-Wing. My K-Mart has a plethora of them but they're still at $60. Walmart had one left, which also scanned at $60. I do like the set though, as it definitely seems like the best X-Wing outside of the UCS version.

I've hit up three different wal-marts in the past week, and have picked up quite a bit.

I bit on the recycling truck for $15. Two of the three WM's had dozens of this set.
I picked up a Luke's Speeder for $12. They had about ten of them. Kicking myself for not picking up a couple of more, just for the extra minifigs.
I bought 4 mando battle packs and 3 clone trooper packs for $6 each.
I picked up a bunch of the star wars poly bags, priced at $1.50 each.
I got the sith nightspeeder for $12.
I've also picked up another fire atv, and a few of the 3 in 1 creator vehicles (the 60 piece ones) for $2.50 each.
I got one of the ambulance city sets for $9.50

None of our LOTR have been on sale, i've price checked them all. I've picked up a few more, but they are escaping my mind at the moment.

[quote name='SSchmidt']I've hit up three different wal-marts in the past week, and have picked up quite a bit.

I bit on the recycling truck for $15. Two of the three WM's had dozens of this set.
I picked up a Luke's Speeder for $12. They had about ten of them. Kicking myself for not picking up a couple of more, just for the extra minifigs.
I've also picked up another fire atv, and a few of the 3 in 1 creator vehicles (the 60 piece ones) for $2.50 each.

None of our LOTR have been on sale, i've price checked them all. I've picked up a few more, but they are escaping my mind at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Are these deals company wide or YMMV?

Also I got a lot of gift cards for LEGO this year and as such I have a couple extra Ewar polybags from Chima.

[quote name='Unaki']Are these deals company wide or YMMV?

Also I got a lot of gift cards for LEGO this year and as such I have a couple extra Ewar polybags from Chima.[/QUOTE]

Ultimately, they are YMMV and that's why you scan every damn set they have left.

Walmart finds for me this last week:

Mining dump truck for $17
Car and caravan (camper) $9.50
Recycling truck $14.50
Quin jet $49.50
Dino headquarters $50
Dino triceratops $25
Ewoks $12
Ghost train $54

Less common finds and ymmv from walmart to walmart:

Lotr sets mostly at 30% off
Forest police station $54
Vampire castle $70
SW planets series 2
Ninjago green snake head mech thing $12
Fire plane $40

Target:

All Dino sets
All Cars sets
About half the Monsters sets...different ones for different stores
A lot of hero factory bag sets
Ninjago,same as the monsters
SW Gungan sub
SW anakin's jedi fighter
SW ewoks
Lotr sets...my store clearanced all of them, while some stores clearanced none
Super heroes bionicle looking sets

My best find was the Dino Headquarters for $50 at walmart...until I found one at Target with an "as-is" sticker on it for $25.

Just built the Imperial V-Wing I found at Walmart. Nice little set actually, I'm surprised by how much I enjoy it.

According to Target's website, the one Target I was at had limited stock of the X-Wing, but I didn't see it when I was over there. Another farther away Target has the Gungan Sub, but not sure I want it enough to venture over. A Desert Skiff rang up $17 at my local Target, but once again not sure I wanted it enough. I'll head over to the Target that is supposed to have the X-Wing in stock in the morning, since after all my spending that's the only set I'm really interested in at this point.

Interesting note on the Garbage Truck set... Found it in two different size boxes at one of the Targets.

any TRU Lego deals starting Sunday? hint Prim u around? :) I have some rewards I need to spend - debating today or wait for new add tomorrow

[quote name='SSchmidt']I've hit up three different wal-marts in the past week, and have picked up quite a bit.

None of our LOTR have been on sale, i've price checked them all. I've picked up a few more, but they are escaping my mind at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I got pretty much the exact same stuff you did, plus a few others. My favorite find was probably the Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator for $27. I passed on it when I found it on clearance at Wal-Mart for like $50 back around August, and I'm glad I did, as $27 was a much better price. I also lucked out a few months ago, when one of my Wal-Marts clearanced out the LOTR Attack on Weathertop and Batmobile Two Face Chase for $25 each.

It's been a long time since I've hit Lego this hard on clearance. Feels good.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I got pretty much the exact same stuff you did, plus a few others. My favorite find was probably the Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator for $27. I passed on it when I found it on clearance at Wal-Mart for like $50 back around August, and I'm glad I did, as $27 was a much better price. I also lucked out a few months ago, when one of my Wal-Marts clearanced out the LOTR Attack on Weathertop and Batmobile Two Face Chase for $25 each.

It's been a long time since I've hit Lego this hard on clearance. Feels good.[/QUOTE]

I am jealous of the Darth Maul Infiltrator for that price. I would loved to have picked it up!
I saw the X-Wing for $40 but passed on it. It just wasn't that good of a deal for me, although the price to pieces ratio was awesome. I'd like to score a big 500+ piece set for a great price, and that would have been the one, but it had relatively no place in my collection.

Went to a couple Target's and Walmart's today. Both Target had a lot of 2012 sets, but no clearance :( Only set on clearance was spongebob. Walmart had 0 2012 sets - all 2013 stuff.

I ended up getting Dino T-rex hunter for $35 at a Meijer. That's my only find. My little cousin like's dinosaurs, so maybe he'll like this :)

I am still slightly new to clearance hunting but I came away with an okay but small haul.

I got the little yellow tractor 3-in-1 for $4.87 at Target with two of the Hobbit Elf polybags for $3 a piece. Walmart was completely out of everything LEGO and I went to KMart and found a busted up Uruk-Hai army box that was unopened. They sold it to me for $25.

Apparently my TRU had a Queen Anne's Revenge and sold it 30 minutes before I got there.

Went to the Target over on the other side of town. They had one X-Wing left, but wouldn't sell it to me for $50. It was also flagged that they couldn't put it out until February, even though they only had one left.

I think I'm just going to get the X-Wing for $60. Kmart is the only place near here stocked with it, and they only have about 5 left. I'm afraid that if I wait for it to go on clearance I'll miss my chance at it. It only has a $4 upcharge over my usual price/pieces ratio, so I'll deal with it. Plus the only Lego X-Wing I have is the one that came with the Yavin 4 planet (that purchase got me interested in Lego again actually).

[quote name='mweav067']

I think I'm just going to get the X-Wing for $60. Kmart is the only place near here stocked with it, and they only have about 5 left. I'm afraid that if I wait for it to go on clearance I'll miss my chance at it. It only has a $4 upcharge over my usual price/pieces ratio, so I'll deal with it. Plus the only Lego X-Wing I have is the one that came with the Yavin 4 planet (that purchase got me interested in Lego again actually).[/QUOTE]

It's an X-Wing. Lego will make at least two "new" ones (They will look exactly the same.) by the time the current license ends. I wouldn't worry about missing out on it. TRU has an X-Wing in stock for 6-7 years once.

Also it seems Lego is still making the current X-Wing...

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/X-Wing-Starfighter-9493

There has been five X-Wings in less than 15 years, and the only reason there wasn't more was because the 2006 one stuck around for awhile. That's one every three years. So don't pay full price. This is Cheap Ass Lego after all.

http://brickset.com/search/?query=x-wing

Only thing you should pay full price for is girl on girl jet ski sets.

[quote name='Max Power']Man, I hate reading this thread. I never find anything at Target or Walmart. Keep seeing people score all the sets I want. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm right with you.I never see anything on sale or on clearance.I seem to always have to pay full price, unless I get in on an amazon sale.

The Quinjet was never super exciting to me because you could get most of the figs for cheaper in other sets. The only exclusive minifig in the Quinjet is Black Widow (and Ironman with a CIRCLE print if you are really hadcore.)

If you are interested in it, I'd buy it anywhere you see it at less than MSRP because it is getting rare. Resellers on eBay and Amazon are already gouging for that set. Amazon Warehouse has it in the low $60s. Hmm. I might have just talked myself into buying one ofr resale down the road.

^---lol, if your into the Super Hero stuff go ahead and get it. I found this website when trying to look up values on sets I have, it was pretty interesting to say the least, I didn't think people took it this far.

Oh man. Yikes. Registered.

I don't know if this is the best thing ever, or the WORST thing ever. In any case, you are now responsible for my losing HOURS of time.

This site could turn me into a hardcore reseller.

hmmm the website let me register etc....but won't keep me 'logged in' to get Quinjet price....oh well try later

[quote name='skiizim']^---lol, if your into the Super Hero stuff go ahead and get it. I found this website when trying to look up values on sets I have, it was pretty interesting to say the least, I didn't think people took it this far.[/QUOTE]

Awesome website. I just found this article on it:

http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/evaluations/view/lego_10185_green_grocer_ripe_for_the_picking

I had heard people talking about how expensive the older modular buildings were, but I had no idea the prices these were going for on the secondary market these days.

I still have Cafe Corner and Green Grocer mint in box...

That's how I found the website, when I was trying to price that set. I never ended up selling it for $350 but for $450 instead, I think people really started taking interest in this manor after they saw how much Taj Mahals, Eiffel Towers and Statue of Liberties brought in.

As far as from an investment standpoint, I have no idea if sets will sell for ludicrous amounts like that a few years after release, I think people are flooding the market as it is which was one of the main reasons why I let go of my Green Grocer. It's ok though, it helped me out paying for my daughters Birthday Party and it will take the wife off my back for a bit.

I'm sorry but that website has taken "investing" in Lego into a completely insane level.

Invest in exclusive sets, everything else (Really Dublo Zoo?) or sets with exclusive minifigures. I don't think the Super Hero sets will be as big as people think because Lego will just release more and more as the movies and sequels come out.

Missed the Diagon Alley set. Amazon jacked its price up to $210, and the Lego shop is sold out.

I know that Lego will probably release another same X-Wing in the future, however I am interested in Porkins and the red Astromech Droid.

So far, I've only ever resold minifigs (prequel SW minifigs--I don't need 'em) I DID sell an old Batman Arkham Asylum a few years back (I had two--brace yourself, I got them at TRU clearanced at $14. People don't remember, but the first round of Batman didn't sell well. They were always on clearance.) Sold my opened box copy for $200 in 2010...probably should have waited. Then again, there's a new Arkham out now...

Minifigs are easy to ship. The sets (especially in boxes) are a shipping nightmare. This site is very interesting. But, yeah. If sites like it are popping up, it's not hard to imagine an eventual Beanie Baby-esque implosion.

Yeah the first wave of Batman Lego really miss judged. They didn't sell at all, and then all of a sudden they started selling like girl on girl jet skis when the second wave came around.

I got my Batman AA for $30 and it was missing a random bag of small parts and a minifigure head. It was 68 pieces and LEGO sent me every single one of them for free, no questions asked!

Lego is awesome like that.

[quote name='cassidyarch']I'm waiting for the UCS Girl on Girl Jetski. 3000 pieces.[/QUOTE]

You should make a Cuusoo set!

Maybe a life size one with 100,000 pieces!

I remember calling around trying to find a $14 Arkham, never did get one. That was just about when i got back into legos. The newer one is a must buy for me this year.
And i agree that legos seem due for a bit of a price decrease, but unlike beanie babies kids play with legos, which means there should always be some demand for hard to find, out of print sets.

Beanie Babies were a fad, unlike Lego. That said, I can't imagine the insane markups will last forever. And while I'm registered on that site, the whole investing angle makes me feel a little dirty.

bread's done
Back