LEGO Deals 3

I'm not real fond of the superhero sets, or the TMNT sets. Just not my cup of tea I guess. Mainly I'm big on the Star Wars stuff and a couple of the City sets catch my eye here and there (I really like the Mining Truck I got for $17 last week). I do like the sets for The Hobbit and a couple Lord of the Rings sets.

I realize I'm about to sound stupid, but what's the story behind the girl on girl jet ski set everyone keeps referring to?

I found that site during Christmas and registered. I was going to post it here but I forgot. It's cool because you can import your bricklink collection and it will show you the value. Apparently my collection is worth $15,000 but I haven't changed from sealed to used yet, so I'm sure that will decrease.

The girl on girl is a few pages back. There's a new jetski set coming out. Here's the page:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10270149

Ah, I know the set you're referring to.

Also, by far my best Lego deal ever was the Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers for $30. This was back in November, and it showed up for $30 in a Target ad. Both of my Targets were out, so I got it price matched at Walmart with no questions asked. Went back to Target a few days later and found a notice hanging in the Lego area that said the Anakin's Jedi Interceptor was supposed to be $30, not the Podracers.

[quote name='mweav067']Ah, I know the set you're referring to.

Also, by far my best Lego deal ever was the Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers for $30. This was back in November, and it showed up for $30 in a Target ad. Both of my Targets were out, so I got it price matched at Walmart with no questions asked. Went back to Target a few days later and found a notice hanging in the Lego area that said the Anakin's Jedi Interceptor was supposed to be $30, not the Podracers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that deal was funny because TRU was claiming that Target told them not to honor the price (price matching during the holidays). Like Target doesn't have anything better to do than email Toys R Us.

The jet ski set became a joke because someone here thought I said "girl on girl jet ski" because he hasn't been laid in awhile. I only brought that set up because certain (stupid) groups still complain that LEG Friends is sexist.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah that deal was funny because TRU was claiming that Target told them not to honor the price (price matching during the holidays). Like Target doesn't have anything better to do than email Toys R Us.[/QUOTE]

They probably did the same thing to other retailers, I just got the deal before my store got the email.

Wandered over to Walmart for the heck of it. Got the Satellite Launch Pad for $9.50. Box is pretty beat up, but it's for my collection so I don't mind.

They had the Sith Infiltrator for $27. I passed for now, as the only interesting thing in it for me was the Captain Panaka minifig, and I just don't find the ship that interesting (plus it's on screen for what? 5 seconds total?). My Walmart is also loaded with Battle of Naboo and Ewok Attack sets for $12. I sort of feel like they won't be in high demand though.

Also had the Black Pearl for $50. I'm not a huge PotC fan, but the set looks awesome, and at $50 is a good deal. I could always get two and resell the one I guess (although I have done no reselling ever).

My kids attend the monthly Lego store events. And it's amazing how many parents are banking on Lego sets to pay for their kids college. Kinda feels like the comic book "investing" crazy of the late 90's.

[quote name='fuerza']My kids attend the monthly Lego store events. And it's amazing how many parents are banking on Lego sets to pay for their kids college. Kinda feels like the comic book "investing" crazy of the late 90's.[/QUOTE]

Which is precisely why this bubble is eventually going to burst....

[quote name='fuerza']My kids attend the monthly Lego store events. And it's amazing how many parents are banking on Lego sets to pay for their kids college. Kinda feels like the comic book "investing" crazy of the late 90's.[/QUOTE]

Probably thousands "invested" in Lego, and $0 in a 529 plan. :roll:

Stupid is as stupid does.

Some Lego fans spend thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars a year. There used to be a website called Lugnet and the people there would spend $20,000 a year on Lego. Does not make sense.

If parents are investing in Lego for their childrens' college funds we are all screwed. Those people shouldn't have children. Horrible parenting, but I don't expect anything from parents today.

In LEGO news we are getting a new Mindstorm set!

[quote name='cassidyarch']The new Mindstorms robot looks like a douche.

Lots of stickers and a mohawk. I'm sure the new NXT is incredible, but that design is terrible.[/QUOTE]

Don't use stickers or put the mohawk on the guy. Or build one of the 16other models. :lol:

But he does also shoot balls... big douche!

I'm expecting a price drop on most second hand Lego sets at some point, but I think some of the sets will continue to increase in value.

Basically, I could see the modular buildings come down in price but the UCS Millennium Falcon is going to stay high.

Bit on the Black Pearl. Good value, plus it looks like an interesting build. My local Target had one Uruk-Hai Army for $21, but I don't like that set enough (except for the Eomer minifig). Also found a Creator Mini Fire Truck. My Target's were selling the Mini Creator sets for $5 before Christmas, and clearancing them out at $4.18 after Christmas, but this one rang up as the $5.99 retail price.

Anyone think the Droid Escape set may start getting clearanced anywhere soon?

I don't usually pick up Star Wars polybags but found a TIE Fighter and Star Destroyer for $1.50 each at Walmart this morning. This has been pretty much the only thing I have found on clearance. Saw maybe one or two items (Cars oil rig) in all the Walmarts and Targets I've hit since the day after Christmas. I've found in recent years that soccer moms have become some of the biggest resellers in my area and buy up anything and everything the day after Christmas at 15% and 30% off.

I was also one of the few who got the Anakin/Sebulba podracer at Target back in November. I had to drive to the next town over and when I got there, there were only two left. On the shelf was a giant sign that indicated that Anakins Jedi starfighter should've been the item on sale. I took the podracer to the scanner and it still rang up at $30 so i took it to the register and it rang up there for $30 as well but I also had a $5 off coupon.

[quote name='mweav067']I'm expecting a price drop on most second hand Lego sets at some point, but I think some of the sets will continue to increase in value.

Basically, I could see the modular buildings come down in price but the UCS Millennium Falcon is going to stay high.

Bit on the Black Pearl. Good value, plus it looks like an interesting build. My local Target had one Uruk-Hai Army for $21, but I don't like that set enough (except for the Eomer minifig). Also found a Creator Mini Fire Truck. My Target's were selling the Mini Creator sets for $5 before Christmas, and clearancing them out at $4.18 after Christmas, but this one rang up as the $5.99 retail price.

Anyone think the Droid Escape set may start getting clearanced anywhere soon?[/QUOTE]
I picked up 6 of those mini sets for $4.18 a piece. I think it was only the digger that was clearanced out and I got 3 of those. The manager discounted the fire trucks I bought as well.

I picked up all the Series 8 Minifigs I could find from my Walmart. I ended up with 2 extra football players, 2 extra DJs, and an extra fairy. Send me a PM if anyone is interested in trading any other Series 8 figs for them. I have Actor, Cowgirl, Santa, DJ, Football Player, Fairy, and Cheerleader - so anything other than those I would be interested in. Would prefer to trade at least 2 at a time to make postage worth it.

[quote name='bigtaco55']I picked up all the Series 8 Minifigs I could find from my Walmart. I ended up with 2 extra football players, 2 extra DJs, and an extra fairy. Send me a PM if anyone is interested in trading any other Series 8 figs for them. I have Actor, Cowgirl, Santa, DJ, Football Player, Fairy, and Cheerleader - so anything other than those I would be interested in. Would prefer to trade at least 2 at a time to make postage worth it.[/QUOTE]

How much were they...I just saw two boxes at my store.

[quote name='180husher']How much were they...I just saw two boxes at my store.[/QUOTE]

They should be $1 a piece on clearance at all Wal-Marts. Load up, man!

[quote name='BingoBrown']They should be $1 a piece on clearance at all Wal-Marts. Load up, man![/QUOTE]

Oh shit really? Thats not fair. My walmarts are cleaned out.

[quote name='Unaki']Oh shit really? Thats not fair. My walmarts are cleaned out.[/QUOTE]

Despite my scouring of many Wal-Marts looking for clearance Lego starting the day after Christmas, I only managed to find three (Pirate, Cheerleader, and DJ). At $1 a pop, I'm guessing people grabbed them by the boatload.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Despite my scouring of many Wal-Marts looking for clearance Lego starting the day after Christmas, I only managed to find three (Pirate, Cheerleader, and DJ). At $1 a pop, I'm guessing people grabbed them by the boatload.[/QUOTE]

Well scratch all I said. I decided to make a late night run to check and see if they had any. They sadly didn't but they had a shitload of the little Polybags for $1.50 and...*drumroll*

*Continues drumming*

*Sneezes*

Found this sucker stuffed behind a Malevolence!

SOTtY

SOTtY

[quote name='Unaki']Well scratch all I said. I decided to make a late night run to check and see if they had any. They sadly didn't but they had a shitload of the little Polybags for $1.50 and...*drumroll*

*Continues drumming*

*Sneezes*

Found this sucker stuffed behind a Malevolence!

SOTtY

SOTtY
[/QUOTE]

The full priced Coke ruins the deal!!! ;)

Congrats, I'm jealous. I wanted that set bad. It's one of my favorite designs from the prequels. Alas, despite hitting close to a dozen Wal-Marts, I didn't find one on shelves.

I think I've convinced myself to take the day after Christmas off work next time, just to hunt for Wal-Mart clearance deals.

[quote name='BingoBrown']The full priced Coke ruins the deal!!! ;)

Congrats, I'm jealous. I wanted that set bad. It's one of my favorite designs from the prequels. Alas, despite hitting close to a dozen Wal-Marts, I didn't find one on shelves.

I think I've convinced myself to take the day after Christmas off work next time, just to hunt for Wal-Mart clearance deals.[/QUOTE]

I had a bad case of dry throat lol.

[quote name='skiizim']What set was it? Picture isn't showing up.

@husher180, if you can find them too, series 7 is also $1 at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Republic Frigate 7964 for $50.

[quote name='Unaki']Republic Frigate 7964 for $50.[/QUOTE]

That is a great find. Some of the large prequel sets are nice. Most are just recycled crap, how many Starfighters are there really? There are more in lego form than the movies.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That is a great find. Some of the large prequel sets are nice. Most are just recycled crap, how many Starfighters are there really? There are more in lego form than the movies.[/QUOTE]

Well its all lore based really. The newer sets though like the infiltrator come from The Old Republic.

[quote name='Unaki']Well its all lore based really. The newer sets though like the infiltrator come from The Old Republic.[/QUOTE]

I really want the Infiltrator and Republic Strike-class Fighter. I'd also like to pick up the Republic vs. Sith Troopers set, but not at $13 for only 63 pieces.

I think I'm done with my Lego shopping for a while. I got quite a bit in the last two weeks, and most stores by me are cleaned out. Only one that isn't is Kmart, but nothing is discounted. They had an Ambulance and a Space Shuttle, which I was hoping they'd clearance. Sadly my Kmart usually doesn't clearance things out until they're about two years old it seems.

[quote name='mweav067']I really want the Infiltrator and Republic Strike-class Fighter. I'd also like to pick up the Republic vs. Sith Troopers set, but not at $13 for only 63 pieces.

I think I'm done with my Lego shopping for a while. I got quite a bit in the last two weeks, and most stores by me are cleaned out. Only one that isn't is Kmart, but nothing is discounted. They had an Ambulance and a Space Shuttle, which I was hoping they'd clearance. Sadly my Kmart usually doesn't clearance things out until they're about two years old it seems.[/QUOTE]

I am done with sets for now. I just need to get a shitload of red and yellow bricks x.X

[quote name='Unaki']Well its all lore based really. The newer sets though like the infiltrator come from The Old Republic.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the Infiltrator an Episode one set with Maal?

Amazon Warehouse has the fire brigade for $102 and the town hall with "Packaging may be damaged." for $145. I wish I collected these, because they are rather nice for $100-$150. much better than the lame new fire station.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think mweav meant the Sith Interceptor (9500), which is from SW:TOR.

Picked up the GS Swarm Interceptor for $5.xx at TRU today thanks to the $15 in rewards certs. I had. Only theme that wasn't marked up. Looking forward to building it though, as with the new A-Wing, I wish it had printed pieces...

[quote name='Unaki']I am done with sets for now. I just need to get a shitload of red and yellow bricks x.X[/QUOTE]

Are you building a Lego McDonald's?

Prim, I have a question about TRU rewards, or anybody really that might know the answer... I bought a car seat during the holiday promotion. I just got my rewards of $26, which seems like a lot but I must have bought a lot more than usual. I ended up returning the car seat last weekend, so do they take the rewards away or what happens?

[quote name='encendido5']Prim, I have a question about TRU rewards, or anybody really that might know the answer... I bought a car seat during the holiday promotion. I just got my rewards of $26, which seems like a lot but I must have bought a lot more than usual. I ended up returning the car seat last weekend, so do they take the rewards away or what happens?[/QUOTE]

For the holiday shopping season, 10% of your purchases were issued as rewards, so that's why it's so big. I think I got $26 in rewards as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure I ended up returning some stuff that they had already issued rewards on as well, but the reward amount didn't change and was still valid when I used $15 of it last weekend. Of course, I bought an overpriced doll for my daughter, so TRU ended up winning on that transaction anyway.

[quote name='Unaki']Nah. The Crab Sonoshee from Redline.[/QUOTE]

Bricklink is awesome if you are looking for specific pieces / colors :) I use it quite often to get missing pieces rather than spend 3 hours digging!

[quote name='BingoBrown']For the holiday shopping season, 10% of your purchases were issued as rewards, so that's why it's so big. I think I got $26 in rewards as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure I ended up returning some stuff that they had already issued rewards on as well, but the reward amount didn't change and was still valid when I used $15 of it last weekend. Of course, I bought an overpriced doll for my daughter, so TRU ended up winning on that transaction anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I guess I'll use it and see what happens..

[quote name='Pirate331']I think mweav meant the Sith Interceptor (9500), which is from SW:TOR.

Picked up the GS Swarm Interceptor for $5.xx at TRU today thanks to the $15 in rewards certs. I had. Only theme that wasn't marked up. Looking forward to building it though, as with the new A-Wing, I wish it had printed pieces...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant the Interceptor. I love the fact they're making Old Republic sets.

I went ahead and bought the A-Wing when I found it. It is my favorite starfighter from the original trilogy, and my second favorite starfighter overall (first is the Jedi Starfighter from Episode II). I'd like to see Lego make a UCS version of it (which I would buy instantly, as long as the upcharge isn't as insane as the UCS Jedi Starfighter).

Speaking of TRU, has anybody found one clearancing out the Palpatine's Arrest set? I'm not usually big on playsets, but I do like that one.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']The Thing would be cool[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I stopped pre-ordering the Lego games though. I like the games but all Lego games hit half their original retail price like a month or two after release. My new approach has been to hit Gamestops like a week or two after the game is released and ask an employee if they have any leftovers. Thats how I scored three Lex Luthors and a couple Elronds.

[quote name='encendido5']Prim, I have a question about TRU rewards, or anybody really that might know the answer... I bought a car seat during the holiday promotion. I just got my rewards of $26, which seems like a lot but I must have bought a lot more than usual. I ended up returning the car seat last weekend, so do they take the rewards away or what happens?[/QUOTE]

You keep the rewards. What happens is the return will become a negative balance for the next rewards period.

Found a lonely 9490 Droid Escape at Target for $12. What a great little set. 2 awesome new Sandtroopers, I would have bought several at that 40% off price.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Found a lonely 9490 Droid Escape at Target for $12. What a great little set. 2 awesome new Sandtroopers, I would have bought several at that 40% off price.[/QUOTE]

My Walmart, Target, and Kmart have a bunch of them but won't clearance it. I really want the set too.

Found a couple $1 Lego Minifigs at Walmart (the cowgirl and diver). Also found that little Ninjago polybag that was only $1.50, but as I was walking away from the price scanner I realized it was open and somebody had stolen the minifig from it. Just makes me hate my Walmart a little bit more.

My TRU had nothing. A couple Pharaoh's Quest sets for like $39. Had the smaller Hogwarts set, but was still $75. The City Space Shuttle was still $30, and everything else had the TRU tax on it.

[quote name='mweav067']My Walmart, Target, and Kmart have a bunch of them but won't clearance it. I really want the set too.

Found a couple $1 Lego Minifigs at Walmart (the cowgirl and diver). Also found that little Ninjago polybag that was only $1.50, but as I was walking away from the price scanner I realized it was open and somebody had stolen the minifig from it. Just makes me hate my Walmart a little bit more.

My TRU had nothing. A couple Pharaoh's Quest sets for like $39. Had the smaller Hogwarts set, but was still $75. The City Space Shuttle was still $30, and everything else had the TRU tax on it.[/QUOTE]

TRU does not put sets on clearance like the other retailers. Finding something there for MSRP would be the same as clearance if you were in another store.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU does not put sets on clearance like the other retailers. Finding something there for MSRP would be the same as clearance if you were in another store.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing a speed racer set moved around for years, I would love to think somebody finally bought it but I think it moved around so much it finally got damaged.

[quote name='skiizim']I remember seeing a speed racer set moved around for years, I would love to think somebody finally bought it but I think it moved around so much it finally got damaged.[/QUOTE]

Here is something funny. My local TRU has 10 Series 6 minifigs in the store after their remodel last year. They just up and poofed. My friends who work there have searched high and low for them but haven't found them.

bread's done
Back