LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='karkyco']Clearancing pricing points between Targets has been all over the place. Scored a Vampyre Castle for $29.98, price adjusted 2 Naboo Starfighters down to $14.98, and most other sets went from 30% off to 50% off. Also got an Axis and Allies for $8.98, 70% off.[/QUOTE]

Hey I was just curious around what area in LA are you finding this stuff. I am in the San Fernando Valley and the couple Targets and Walmarts by me never have anything on clearance?
Thanks

[quote name='mikepeluso']Hey I was just curious around what area in LA are you finding this stuff. I am in the San Fernando Valley and the couple Targets and Walmarts by me never have anything on clearance?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Because karkyco has already been there and bought everything to return and re-buy later ... =-p

[quote name='traprat87']Just found one today, its pretty neat and can fit two hobbits on its back. Not bad for $15 but would be much happier if it was $10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the size of it definitely makes it look like a $10 set, but the $15 price point still holds it near the price per piece amount I look for.

Hit Target last night, all they had were a Monster Fighters Mummy for like $3.89 and a Mandalorian Battle Pack for $11.82. The only Lord of the Rings set left was the Shelob Attacks set, so they must have clearanced out everything else and I missed it. I may go back and try to grab that Mummy set, it looks interesting.

Regarding Chima, the only two sets I've seen I actually really liked are the Eagle Interceptor and the Razcal's Glider set.

The Wakz Pack Tracker (That wolf truck thing) is also on sale for 22.05 on Amazon, it's normally 29.99. I grabbed both because I kind of want some of the minifigs though I don't think either vehicle is going to be built. Into the parts bin they go.

[quote name='BingoBrown']The Chima Cragger Command Ship is 28% off, $57.25 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A850VO2/

Decent discount if you're into that Chima theme.[/QUOTE]

Brickset and some random (sketchy) website have a deal on some old Knights Kingdom mini figure. It's a $1.80 and if you buy 10 it seems shipping is only $3. However you have to pay with paypal, which I don't have. Plus the minifigure is nothing special, unless you want the old octagon shield. The ones in the CM series have been a lot better for only a little more.

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=5529#comments

[quote name='skiizim']I need you to start doing my Lego shopping at Target! I guess it's a good thing I didn't find much, I only went to two Targets, one I scored a lot of things for my daughter and only one Lego Hero Factory set which is most likely a gift.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mikepeluso']Hey I was just curious around what area in LA are you finding this stuff. I am in the San Fernando Valley and the couple Targets and Walmarts by me never have anything on clearance?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='etcrane']Because karkyco has already been there and bought everything to return and re-buy later ... =-p[/QUOTE]

MWAHAHAHAHA, nah I'm not one of the massive toy buyers/flippers/resellers, I almost always buy 2 of each model tops, unless it's a crazy good deal that will make great Christmas/birthday gifts (the recent Pod Racer price mistake at Target, for example).

As for where I go, I hit up the Targets everywhere in LA county and OC along my regular travels, and sometimes Riverside/San Bernadino, Ventura, and San Diego. I meet with a lot of clientele all over SoCal, so as I'm out and about these areas, I will hit Targets and other stores and find clearance sets/deals here and there. Also, I have a list of DPCI's which I am tracking on a note in my phone, and check them at every store I go to. That is how I found my super monster score o' the day, there's a store that has the Marvel Quinjet set for $21.xx, Jabba's Palace for $36.xx, Uruk Hai army for $8.xx, the Orc Forge for $11.xx, and the Forest police station for $23.xx.

So I picked these up at another store where they are regular price, and returned them to the store with the 70% off clearance price. If they deny me the return/rebuy, I will simply return it right then and there, and check in later in the day to see if any/all were put out on the shelf. But today, the CSR rep said it was my lucky day. They refunded me close to $400 and re-rang the sets up. Came out to a bit over $100.

I just need to find a Gungan Sub or two, plenty of stores have it in the system at full price/MSRP but not in stock. Another store has it in the system for $20.98.

[quote name='karkyco']MWAHAHAHAHA, nah I'm not one of the massive toy buyers/flippers/resellers, I almost always buy 2 of each model tops, unless it's a crazy good deal that will make great Christmas/birthday gifts (the recent Pod Racer price mistake at Target, for example).

As for where I go, I hit up the Targets everywhere in LA county and OC along my regular travels, and sometimes Riverside/San Bernadino, Ventura, and San Diego. I meet with a lot of clientele all over SoCal, so as I'm out and about these areas, I will hit Targets and other stores and find clearance sets/deals here and there. Also, I have a list of DPCI's which I am tracking on a note in my phone, and check them at every store I go to. That is how I found my super monster score o' the day, there's a store that has the Marvel Quinjet set for $21.xx, Jabba's Palace for $36.xx, Uruk Hai army for $8.xx, the Orc Forge for $11.xx, and the Forest police station for $23.xx.

So I picked these up at another store where they are regular price, and returned them to the store with the 70% off clearance price. If they deny me the return/rebuy, I will simply return it right then and there, and check in later in the day to see if any/all were put out on the shelf. But today, the CSR rep said it was my lucky day. They refunded me close to $400 and re-rang the sets up. Came out to a bit over $100.

I just need to find a Gungan Sub or two, plenty of stores have it in the system at full price/MSRP but not in stock. Another store has it in the system for $20.98.[/QUOTE]

If you are looking for Gungan Subs my targets have a ton of them but not marked down :/

West area Houston, TX Target store recon report:

Well I have been about 5 Target within the west loop area: S. Main, Meyerland, San Felipe, Westheimer (closest to the loop), and Shern (Next to I-10)

Have you ever seen what a exploded bomb leaves behind? I havent but Im pretty sure it looked like the toy clearance section of every one of these Target. Everything was just about ransacked except for a few gems well hidden from view.

Most of the larger MegaBloks World of Warcraft did went on say for 70% off in some location, but not all locations I visted. Deathwing Stormwind Assault set was clearanced for $30 and the Demolisher Attack for $14, I managed to grab the last of each sets.

Now for the important question, did any of the Legos sets went on clearanced? The disappointing answer is no. Not one iota of Lego set went on sale, none one of the Monster Fighters, none of the olders Star Wars, and none of the LOTRs sets. Will they go on clearance next week? Some can hope for that to happen.

But I also visited some Walmart stores in the area and they already have their clearance aisle setup and some of the store already have Lego sets for sale but they are most close to their retail price point. I give it a week for them to go down further, and pick up some of them if any of them are left.

Shout out to the H-Town CAG / Lego members! ^_^

[quote name='karkyco']
there's a store that has the Marvel Quinjet set for $21.xx, Jabba's Palace for $36.xx, Uruk Hai army for $8.xx, the Orc Forge for $11.xx, and the Forest police station for $23.xx.[/QUOTE]

I need the Quinjet. Mind passing along the Target that has it in stock?

[quote name='fuerza']I need the Quinjet. Mind passing along the Target that has it in stock?[/QUOTE]

You're gonna have to do a purchase at a store that has it at full MSRP then a return/rebuy.

There are a few stores that have it clearanced (undoubtedly all OOS), while the ones that have it in stock have it at full price or a lesser % off.

Check the store inventory tracker for your area for it. Then you could call the stores near you and ask them to price check the item's DPCI, 204-00-4165. This should save you time from having to go store to store.

Culver City on Jefferson has it priced at $21.xx in the system. I picked one up at La Cienega for full price, then did the "change payment type/change credit card" return & rebuy at CC Jefferson.

I'm taking a shot on it. Shipping on 10 was 5 and change for me but still worth a try.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Brickset and some random (sketchy) website have a deal on some old Knights Kingdom mini figure. It's a $1.80 and if you buy 10 it seems shipping is only $3. However you have to pay with paypal, which I don't have. Plus the minifigure is nothing special, unless you want the old octagon shield. The ones in the CM series have been a lot better for only a little more.

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=5529#comments[/QUOTE]

Man I hate living in a town with no lego store...The only place to get technic sets is Toys R Us and they never freaking put technic on sale or they just exclude it from EVERYTHING. Is there a way to request a lego store? There are plenty of leasable storefronts in my town.

[quote name='karkyco']MWAHAHAHAHA, nah I'm not one of the massive toy buyers/flippers/resellers, I almost always buy 2 of each model tops, unless it's a crazy good deal that will make great Christmas/birthday gifts (the recent Pod Racer price mistake at Target, for example).

I just need to find a Gungan Sub or two, plenty of stores have it in the system at full price/MSRP but not in stock. Another store has it in the system for $20.98.[/QUOTE]

You are the worst kind of customer to deal with in retail. This isnt like some return/rebuy because it was in the ad 2 days later, this is just dishonest scamming of the system. Im all for finding a good clearance deal but stuff like this is ridiculous.

[quote name='TheGame2K5']You are the worst kind of customer to deal with in retail. This isnt like some return/rebuy because it was in the ad 2 days later, this is just dishonest scamming of the system. Im all for finding a good clearance deal but stuff like this is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
He isn't the worst kind of customer to deal with, because he doesn't sound like an asshole. Have you heard his explanation? He tells them he wants to change payment types and there is not issue. The worst types to deal with in retail are the people who feel they are entitled to whatever they want and are an asshole about getting it. He is just out smarting the system, which I personally have no problem with.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Woot.com has some old LEgo watches on sale for $10 plus $5 shipping. Might be worth it if the SW figures are rare.

http://kids.woot.com[/QUOTE]

The Anakin in that set has been in a lot of the Clone Wars sets of 2008 and 2009, Dooku only came out in the Solar Sailer but I don't think he's too popular.

[quote name='blandstalker']Stopped by a Target on the way home from San Diego and scored an Uruk Hai army for 8.98. Nothing at the nearby Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Damn... I've not found anything at like 5 Targets.

[quote name='elessar123']Damn... I've not found anything at like 5 Targets.[/QUOTE]

Mine are always cleaned out lol...I just kinda stick to Walmart now. Although its really irritating to see so many legos in the wrong spots. Stupid lazy ass employees. One of my local walmarts has all their Chima crap in Creator spots that are far cheaper than what they should be.

[quote name='TheGame2K5']You are the worst kind of customer to deal with in retail. This isnt like some return/rebuy because it was in the ad 2 days later, this is just dishonest scamming of the system. Im all for finding a good clearance deal but stuff like this is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

So, was your soap box heavy when you had to carry it into this thread? This is not "dishonest scamming of the system". Target price matches every other retail store , including Amazon from what I have heard, but yet, they cannot honor their OWN companies clearance prices? Right, lots of sense is made there. :roll:

To keep this actually related to lego purchasing, found the Monster Fighters Mummy set for 5.98, but the real find of the day was the Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle for 29.98 :) :)

Finally found something.
At a Walmart I looked at a clearance section and the sales weren't that good.
LOTR Weathertop was $50,Hobbit Goblin King was $85 and a lot of smaller sets were like $5 off.
Then I look at the regular Lego section and its a little thin , I guess since Christmas and some of the new sets are out.Then I see a cart that has a bunch of toys that people must have left else where and now have to be put back.Inside the cart is the LOTR Mines of Moria.I scanned it because it didn't have any clearance sticker and it was $54 so I got it.
It's wasn't mind blowing like some of the stuff you guys are finding but it was my first real find.

The Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle for $29.98 has to be one of the biggest steals of the year I would think.That is a big set.

I would have killed for a Uruk Hai army for $8.98.I have one already but I wanted more to do some army building but I have never seen it for less than around $25.

The only two I still need for LOTR are Weathertop and Orc Forge.I considered them the least important to me at those prices.If I saw either one for a big clearance price I would get them for sure.

[quote name='mikepeluso']The Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle for $29.98 has to be one of the biggest steals of the year I would think.That is a big set.

I would have killed for a Uruk Hai army for $8.98.I have one already but I wanted more to do some army building but I have never seen it for less than around $25.

The only two I still need for LOTR are Weathertop and Orc Forge.I considered them the least important to me at those prices.If I saw either one for a big clearance price I would get them for sure.[/QUOTE]

I just finished putting the Vampyre Castle together tonight and let me tell you, it is definitely the gem of the monster fighters line. (aside from the haunted house set.) Honestly, it is probably the most under rated lego set of 2012. THough I doubt I would sell it, i wouldnt be surprised if in the future it goes for some big dollars. There are just a lot of little things that really make it unique and awesome. i mean where else can you get a lego pipe organ? Exactly. :)

[quote name='mikepeluso']The only two I still need for LOTR are Weathertop and Orc Forge.I considered them the least important to me at those prices.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't too dead set on getting the Orc Forge myself until I realized it was the only set with the Uruk-Hai armor that has the white hand of Saruman mark on them.

Impressed by the finds some have had at Target. I didn't even bother going out this time because the Lego was all gone weeks ago. The best I would have hoped to find was the Star Wars planet set.

I have had some luck finding random sets at Walmart that must be returns or brought from the back. Latest was the city camper for $9.50.

It's usually $3.49 when they're first released. I bought Series 8 at that price, only because there was a promo for like $20 off $50 or something, so it came out to like $2.20 per minifig.

Found my LEGOWTF of the year already:

Visiting Omaha today, went to ShopKo for some pillows (60% off). Felt some Series 6 Minifigs for a wind-up robot. After finding it, we noticed the price...

..$5.99 for LEGO Minifigs! Then I noticed the rest of their prices. It's like the TRU Tax x2, but nothing as bad as the 100% tax on minifigs...

I'm going to make a late night Walmart run in a little while and see if I can find anything. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll have clearanced out the X-Wings that were sitting there.

Also ran to Target the other day and grabbed a Monster Fighters Mummy for $3.58. It's a nice little interesting set.

Dude, I don't think anybody has reported seeing the X-Wing on clearance anywhere...you're going to have to wait til the summer clearance most likely.

Yeah that's what I figure, but judging on stock levels in my area I'll either be incredibly lucky to get it cheap or just have to break down and get one. I can hope though.

I noticed at Lego's Shop that Medievel Market Village is listed as Out of Stock, but they've restocked Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and the Millennium Falcon. I also noticed the Minecraft set is "Temporarily Out of Stock" so I guess they might be making more of those. It also looks like the Impeiral Shuttle has been officially retired.

[quote name='180husher']Dude, I don't think anybody has reported seeing the X-Wing on clearance anywhere...you're going to have to wait til the summer clearance most likely.[/QUOTE]

Not a huge drop but when Wal-Mart kicked off there clearance they were $40.

Could someone please list some of the sets that went on clearance at Target? I just found an unmarked Gungan ship for $21. Just want to know what to look out for, TIA.

My walmart still has about 10 X-Wings and they are at $40. I'm going to hold on and see if they will drop anymore. They have been this price for at least 3 weeks now. No one is buying them.

I'm going to stop by a Target and another Walmart that are about an hour away today.
I've been to 5 different Walmarts so far and gotten some tremendous deals. I'm hoping I can find a thing or two at this Target and Walmart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another meager clearance find - MTT for $1.50 at Walmart however a buddy hooked me up with 7597 Toy Story Western Train Chase and 7594 Woody's Round Up

[quote name='Multicron']Crap, the TMNT set shows up for me as $60 ?[/QUOTE]

Too slow, someone bought it.

The Town Hall is still there. Someone could buy it for me... I'll love you forever. :)

I'm guessing you're "The Green Brick Giant" then? Haha. I did a report similar to that one for my SAS programming class, and although I never got around to posting my results to Brickset, I found pretty much the same conclusions as the other fella. Namely, that sets are on average cheaper than twenty years ago. However, that speaks nothing to quality issues. Personally, I don't notice much of a difference. But if you do, you've got a right to be discontented by it.

I agree most sets are cheaper than 20 years ago because of inflation. My problem with the article is that they base it on solely price points. I'd also compare fire stations to fire stations and show a $40 fire station in 1982 would be $X today. It's a long article and just is too preachy and running on and on. It's a typical Lego can do no wrong fan article that should have never been reported as news.

bread's done
Back