LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='FadeToOne']I stumbled on an AMAZING deal at TRU tonight. Star Wars Advent Calendar only $59.99! Deal of the century![/QUOTE]
Now that is markup. Jesus...Its 200% of the current price.

I went ahead and bought the Werewolf. The Monster Fighters line has grown on me.

Ran back to my K-Mart for the heck of it. All those sets that were mysteriously missing the other day were put back, and I was able to get a Forbidden Forest set. It also appears that K-Mart's idea of "clearance" nowadays is to reduce the price by $2. They had one left of the Pteranadon Tower marked down to $17.99.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I stumbled on an AMAZING deal at TRU tonight. Star Wars Advent Calendar only $59.99! Deal of the century![/QUOTE]

I picked up Olivias Tree House at TRU, had to use my rewards coupon, luckily it was only a $1 mark up.

Regarding the Werewolf, the $13 price point I got it for wasn't bad. It does feel slightly bigger than a $10 set, but not quite as big as a $15 one.

Also, I like the transparent crystal thing and the silver frog.

[quote name='mweav067']Regarding the Werewolf, the $13 price point I got it for wasn't bad. It does feel slightly bigger than a $10 set, but not quite as big as a $15 one.

Also, I like the transparent crystal thing and the silver frog.[/QUOTE]

I think you are forgetting how much $13 buys you now-a-days.

83 pieces...
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=9469-1

109 pieces, but only one minifigure....
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=70000-1

86 pieces....
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=70700-1

90 pieces...
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=79100-1

That's the thing with everyone complaining about price increases, it's not really price increases, it's the price and value of a set less than $20 is completely off. For only $7 more you get such better sets, and 2.5 times the pieces.

The new Police Chase is $21.xx on AWD... (Unless I buy it, I haven't bought a City rescue set in awhile)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Police-S...&ie=UTF8&qid=1359398900&sr=1-28&keywords=lego

And they have five Star Wars advent calendars from $26.26 and up.

Someone on ToysNBricks has been talking about AWD, we need to stab/hang him so he stops talking. :p (And because this is the internet and people don't get jokes, I'm poking fun at some of the people here.) :)

My Advent Calendar came in from AWD, the left side is smashed in, but the front still looks OK. I opened it up and all the bags are fine so I'm happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked this up today at Barnes and Noble for $14.95 after coupon, excited to build it -

31006_Box.jpg

And I thought I was done with Target clearance.

I wasn't even going to go, but because traffic was light, I stopped by my bank, then next door to Target for coffee. Of course I swung by toys.

I noticed the Avengers Quinjet. With no shelf tag. Couldn't be...this Target was wiped after Christmas. But of course I scanned it.

$20.98. Hell yeah!

[quote name='bigdaddy']The XMen set is back at $15 on Amazon. It and the werewolf set (and flower bulbs) are mine! :)[/QUOTE]

That was quick, already back to $20 on the X-Men set.

[quote name='ackbar7']AWD had the forest police station for 46.65, so I decided to pick it up. I really wanted a bear.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh. So you are the one. ;)

I was going to I just can't get myself to like the set, even for a black bear and cool looking cops, and 40% off.

My Target finally put out the Chima polybag in the Valentine's section. It comes with Winzar and a rather negligible snowmobile. It's an interesting gift for your Valentine ...

250px-30251-1.jpg

[quote name='Zepp-Head']I just scored 4 Uruk Hai sets for 8 bucks each! Using some methods described here by karkyco , I searched my area on Target.com and only one store of about 15 even had them in stock. I went there and bought all 4 sets they had at full price. Then the next day took them back to the store where I had found Weathertop for $17. My return/rebuy excuse was that I wanted to purchase them separately from the other things I bought on the same receipt because they were "gifts" and I wanted a gift receipt. When they rang up for less, the cashier said "wow they are so much cheaper at this store! Lucky you."[/QUOTE]

Cool - as long as the store in question wasn't the Pasadena store, where the 4 Uruk hai sets they show as in stock are no where to be found. If that was the store, then we shall be at odds, good sir! Pissed me off when I stopped in last week while in the area and there was nothing but an empty shelf space where they were supposed to be. Thankfully I got a bunch at another store, as well as a couple gungan subs and some other LOTR sets at that Pasadena store.

After getting the ghost train and vampyre castle for peanuts, I want the other monster fighter sets. Have any of the other ones been on clearance at target besides the mummy and creature from the black lagoon? I'm specifically interested in the Frankenstein set, the vampyre herse and the zombies.

[quote name='salty tbone']My Target finally put out the Chima polybag in the Valentine's section. It comes with Winzar and a rather negligible snowmobile. It's an interesting gift for your Valentine ...

250px-30251-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nothing says romance like Rapey The Wolf on his Bonemobile. Here's some good accompaniment music to set the mood:

This set goes right up there with the absurdness of the Harry Potter Christmas Poly.

How often does Meijer mark down clearance toys? They have a few Avengers Quinjet sets for $52(25% off) . Do they drop the price every week by a certain percentage? I am wanting it to hit $30, is that possible?

[quote name='karkyco']After getting the ghost train and vampyre castle for peanuts, I want the other monster fighter sets. Have any of the other ones been on clearance at target besides the mummy and creature from the black lagoon? I'm specifically interested in the Frankenstein set, the vampyre herse and the zombies.[/QUOTE]

You are late to the party on the Zombies set. It had a much more limited run than the other Monster Fighter sets. It's already going for $100+. My Monster Fighters collection will likely be incomplete due to it. :cry:

[quote name='doodmandood']How often does Meijer mark down clearance toys? They have a few Avengers Quinjet sets for $52(25% off) . Do they drop the price every week by a certain percentage? I am wanting it to hit $30, is that possible?[/QUOTE]

I don't have any insider knowledge and even if I did, I bet it's YMMV. I do have an anecdote though. Many moons ago, my wife got 2 Brickbeard's Bounty (6243) ships for some insane price, like $25. She initially got one of those 2 for something like $70 (30%) off. She went back a couple weeks later and saw that Meijer knocked the price down to the steal price. She bought the last one and had the one she already bought price adjusted w/o hassle.

[quote name='karkyco']Cool - as long as the store in question wasn't the Pasadena store, where the 4 Uruk hai sets they show as in stock are no where to be found. If that was the store, then we shall be at odds, good sir! Pissed me off when I stopped in last week while in the area and there was nothing but an empty shelf space where they were supposed to be. Thankfully I got a bunch at another store, as well as a couple gungan subs and some other LOTR sets at that Pasadena store.

After getting the ghost train and vampyre castle for peanuts, I want the other monster fighter sets. Have any of the other ones been on clearance at target besides the mummy and creature from the black lagoon? I'm specifically interested in the Frankenstein set, the vampyre herse and the zombies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping to score the Vampyre Hearse on cheap too. Although I've run out of display room. I should have gotten the 5 shelf bookshelf when Target had it on sale a few weeks back instead of just the 3 shelf one.

[quote name='skiizim']The one on Sierra Madre or Lake? O_O[/QUOTE]

Lake (not the east Pasadena one on Sierra Madre), although it is still coming up as in stock at that store. Got 3 Hobbit Warg Attacks today for $14.98 each. Now my wish list is down to just 1 extra Jabba Palace, 1 extra Helm's Deep, 1 extra Hobbit Shire Unexpected Gathering, 1 extra Weathertop, and 1 extra Mines of Moria.

[quote name='karkyco']Cool - as long as the store in question wasn't the Pasadena store, where the 4 Uruk hai sets they show as in stock are no where to be found. If that was the store, then we shall be at odds, good sir! Pissed me off when I stopped in last week while in the area and there was nothing but an empty shelf space where they were supposed to be. Thankfully I got a bunch at another store, as well as a couple gungan subs and some other LOTR sets at that Pasadena store.
[/QUOTE]

LOL no - I'm currently living in a rather crappy place called Utah. Sadly, there isn't much girl-on-girl jet-skiing happening on the Great Salt Lake. ;)

[quote name='Zepp-Head']LOL no - I'm currently living in a rather crappy place called Utah. Sadly, there isn't much girl-on-girl jet-skiing happening on the Great Salt Lake. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough my ex boyfriend lives in Salt Lake City. If you go to an Olive Garden there, and a young hot guy hits on you, that's him. :lol:

[quote name='karkyco']Lake (not the east Pasadena one on Sierra Madre), although it is still coming up as in stock at that store. Got 3 Hobbit Warg Attacks today for $14.98 each. Now my wish list is down to just 1 extra Jabba Palace, 1 extra Helm's Deep, 1 extra Hobbit Shire Unexpected Gathering, 1 extra Weathertop, and 1 extra Mines of Moria.[/QUOTE]

Where is the weather top and hobbit warg for 70% off.

[quote name='gunm']Target toy clearances are done on Wednesdays? Sorry if it was already mentioned... :p[/QUOTE]

In general, yes, but some stores do them on Thursdays.

[quote name='jazzman']Where is the weather top and hobbit warg for 70% off.[/QUOTE]

Target...but don't hold your breath. If your store did clearance them they all sold at 30% off.

Picked up a Rapey The Wolf polybag at Target today. A nifty little set for $4. Rapey was the only non-winged Chima I was interested in. If I can find the Eagle set with 3 winged Chima at Barnes & Noble w/$10 coupon, I'll be all set...

[quote name='jazzman']Where is the weather top and hobbit warg for 70% off.[/QUOTE]

PM sent.

Only the blank store on blank for both from what I've found. Same with Jabba's Palace, The Avengers Quinjet, and the Loki Cosmic Cube Escape. Oh and the Ghost Train. That store has been amazing.

In other news, the Hobbit Shire Unexpected Gathering has dropped out of the system today and/or yesterday at a bunch of stores that had it for $20.98.

And, I know I've asked previously, but has anyone found any of the following sets on clearance at any Target?

LOTR/Hobbit:

Mirkwood Spiders
Shelob Attack
Goblin King
Gollum/Riddle of the Rings

Star Wars:

Droid Escape
Anakin Jedi Starfighter

Marvel/DC:

Hulk Hellicarrier Break Out
Captain America
Any of the DC sets

Monster Hunters:

Vamp Hearse
Frankenstein Monster
Werewolf

Has anyone found these sets at a lower (70% off) clearance point?

Star Wars Advent $25
Town Advent $20

Dino Triceratops $24.98
Star Wars Sith Speeder Duel $12.58

[quote name='Kerig']Picked up a Rapey The Wolf polybag at Target today. A nifty little set for $4. Rapey was the only non-winged Chima I was interested in. If I can find the Eagle set with 3 winged Chima at Barnes & Noble w/$10 coupon, I'll be all set...[/QUOTE]

pics of the set?

I dont like the chima series but I do like the crocodile and wolf people

[quote name='gunm']Target toy clearances are done on Wednesdays? Sorry if it was already mentioned... :p[/QUOTE]

Here to tomorrow for Houston, TX Targets

[quote name='karkyco']PM sent.

Only the blank store on blank for both from what I've found. Same with Jabba's Palace, The Avengers Quinjet, and the Loki Cosmic Cube Escape. Oh and the Ghost Train. That store has been amazing.

In other news, the Hobbit Shire Unexpected Gathering has dropped out of the system today and/or yesterday at a bunch of stores that had it for $20.98.

And, I know I've asked previously, but has anyone found any of the following sets on clearance at any Target?

LOTR/Hobbit:

Mirkwood Spiders
Shelob Attack
Goblin King

Star Wars:

Droid Escape
Anakin Jedi Starfighter

Marvel/DC:

Captain America
Any of the DC sets

Monster Hunters:

Vamp Hearse
Frankenstein Monster
Werewolf

Star Wars Advent $25
Town Advent $20

Dino Triceratops $24.98
Star Wars Sith Speeder Duel $12.58[/QUOTE]

Hi bud. I've now tried 7 Targets in a 50 mile radius in SoCal with no luck on any clearance on any of these. Even scanned to make sure.

[quote name='karkyco']PM sent.

LOTR/Hobbit:

Mirkwood Spiders
Shelob Attack
Goblin King

Star Wars:

Droid Escape
Anakin Jedi Starfighter

Marvel/DC:

Captain America
Any of the DC sets

Monster Hunters:

Vamp Hearse
Frankenstein Monster
Werewolf

Star Wars Advent $25
Town Advent $20

Dino Triceratops $24.98
Star Wars Sith Speeder Duel $12.58[/QUOTE]

The only set I have found from your list was the Hulk Hellcarrier Breakout at the Mission Viejo Target but it was only at 30%.

If anyone can still get any of those ridiculously priced Weathertops I'd be very interested in one or two. Please PM me if you can hook me up. I'm paypal ready also. Thanks!

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']If anyone can still get any of those ridiculously priced Weathertops I'd be very interested in one or two. Please PM me if you can hook me up. I'm paypal ready also. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'll trade you for the Christmas bonus you received. =P

[quote name='skiizim']I'll trade you for the Christmas bonus you received. =P[/QUOTE]

Haha, nice try! ;)

PM me if you're in the market for something else. I'm always willing to trade with any of the OG members of this thread.

[quote name='jazzman']The only set I have found from your list was the Hulk Hellcarrier Breakout at the Mission Viejo Target but it was only at 30%.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I knew that wasn't a mis-price, but the store I *think* I saw one on clearance at 30% off has it back to full price. I'll keep checking for it though through my travels (204-00-4166). Every store seems to have it in stock but one or two, and at those stores, it is in the system at full price :whistle2:(
I just want a Hulk and Cap...

^Is it the Friends set the one with the ice cream cone?

A new Friends boat. Looks like the girls will be going after the rich boys. Get those youngsters wanting sugar daddies at an early age! :lol:

http://www.noz.de/deutschland-und-w...beginnt--lego-jubelt-bestes-jahr-aller-zeiten

The new Coast Guard sets...
http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=5641#comments
look like the old helicopter with this boat...
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6342-1

New Iron Man....
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CBMM1/news/?a=73465

A new Creator house that looks awesome....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91708573@N07/8424744405/in/photostream/

TRU next week

$29.99

City Fire Emergency
City High Speed Chase
Ninjago Samurai Mech
Duplo Cars Siddeley Saves The Day
City Mining Truck
Sort & Store

Free Friends birthday cake poly with $20 Friends purchase.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^Is it the Friends set the one with the ice cream cone?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and a popcicle. I wish it had ice cream, though.
51FnFWVj1RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

bread's done
Back